The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 21, 2017, 13:18:17

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Willingness to Fail  (Read 624 times)
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« on: October 10, 2016, 09:55:06 »

"To me, spirituality is the willingness to fall flat on your face. That's why, although my students put me up on a pedestal and think I've figured out something wonderful, I tell them all the time: my path was the path of failure. Everything I tried I failed. It doesn't mean that the trying didn't play an important role. The effort did play a role. The struggle did play a role. But it played a role because it got me to an end of that role. I danced that dance until it was extinguished. But I failed. I failed at meditating well; I failed at figuring out the truth. Everything that I used to succeed spiritually failed. But at that moment of failure, that's when everything opens."
~ Adyashanti
From his book, "The End of Your World"

Thoughts?  Opinions?  Just curious...

EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 10:13:36 »

I think that is one of the most coherent, existential, human statements ever expressed. Nothing more need be said.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:21:38 by EscapeVelocity » Logged

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 10:13:36 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Subtle Traveler
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 20:09:42 »

There is both success and failure (duality), but I can understand why he (Adyashanti) would emphasize failure to his students. He does have a lot of people looking up to him (as a model of spiritual success).

I would probably augment one statement that he makes (because it lacks clarity from my experience) - "because at the moment of failure, that's when everything opens". My experience is that the opening does not occur at the moment of failure, but at the realization and acknowledgment of failure (e.g., like it needs to sink in a little bit but not much). I would probably clarify it this way ...

At the realization of failure, a void point appears (nothingness). This nothingness is 'the point of creation' (the mother of all things), and from here I have the most opportunity to start creating (again). I also usually use an affirmation when I recognize this process ... like

"All is well. All is always well."

Thanks for the reminder.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 22:34:18 by Subtle Traveler » Logged

As above ... So Below ...

Individuality is a human perspective ...
Volgerle
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 22:09:31 »

I like it. As synchronicity wants it when reading this today, I had this very day a day of failure. Although it was not my fault really and I could not do anything to change it, but I failed or it failed me anyway.

It's good to realise that failure is always part of this existence and maybe it is even part of our life design.

I would not call it willingness (which would be before you try) but rather acceptance of failure also the knowing that it can happen that things do not work the way you want. As it is said by some: The universe does not provide you what you want, but what you need. Maybe success is not always what we need.

Many have had their 'dark night of the soul' when things fell apart in their life, leading to greater strength or insights in the end, and a way out of the dark night.

This can also work with smaller failures, like today, and I hope it works out for me too.

Thanks for posting this. A reassuring reminder.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 22:11:51 by Volgerle » Logged

Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 02:16:52 »

What is failure but the refusal to get back up, get back on or keep going.

For myself I've always loved the journey, the byways, the nooks and crannies. Failure for me can only be reaching a destination without having relished the journey.

You may never have proof of your importance but you are more important than you think. There are always those who couldnít do without you. The rub is that you donít always know who- Robert Fulgham
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 02:16:52 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: