The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 06, 2020, 07:09:57

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysterious Headaches/Pressure, Fatigue and Lightheadedness  (Read 6584 times)
Kodemaster
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW
« on: March 18, 2009, 05:09:15 »

Hi all:

I have been away from the forum for quite some time due to not feeling well.

I believe in the power of positive thinking, prayer, meditation, and reiki. If you can spare a moment, please send positive vibes my way.

I have been suffering from intense head/neck/shoulder pain on and off for four years, which have gotten worse over the past few months, and come to a boiling point in the past month. I have developed new symptoms: unbearable fatigue, lightheadedness and feeling like I am in a dream-world. Now the headaches have turned into intense pressure, and I have missed some work due to my symptoms sapping my energy.

No doctor has been able to tell me what the root cause of my symptoms is yet!

My primary care doctor has ruled out all the common causes of headaches and referred me to a neurologist. My appt. is on 15 April.

I really need all the positive vibes I can get.

Once I get back on track, I will become more active around here on the 'Pulse.

Thanking you in advance,

Jen

JenX
Web/Graphic Designer, Illustrator and Recording Artist
http://www.reverbnation.com/jenx
Tayesin
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 00:09:27 »

Hi Jen,
Perhaps you can find a quality Chiropractor to assist with this problem? If you have major alignment issues in your neck, then the symptoms you speak of would be fairly normal over an extended time frame of a few years. I have the same type of problem and have had relief once I found a good Chiro, who I saw regularly for almost a year, although it only took the first weeks to begin to get some relief.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 00:09:27 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

ascended
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 14:59:24 »

Besides a Chiro, that must be your first choice, consider deep tissue massage and myo-facial release techniques.

Be well and see you soon!
Lighten
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 06:05:34 »

If you have an sensory deprivation floating tank in your area try that. It has been reported to reduce inflammation of all kinds, tightness of muscles, stress, pain relief, and releases endorphins to help you stay positive.

where I live there is a great healer that does wonders for these kinds of things but unfortunately i doubt you live it Bali. Try running energy. Also try detoxing and balancing your body. I am under the belief that the body can heal itself.

Good luck, hope you feel better
CFTraveler
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 03:01:30 »

Sending some good thoughts your way.  I hope you feel better soon.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 03:01:30 »

Kodemaster
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 02:19:47 »

Thank you all!

I am seeing a chiropractor and I think it is helping. I also found out that one of the medicines that I was on (Simvastatin) was causing the immense fatigue. I have since stopped taking it, under doctor's orders.

I'll keep you posted.

JenX
CFTraveler
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 18:57:42 »

Hey Jen-How is your liver?  My understanding is that statins in general can damage the liver.
I'd suggest adding milk thistle to your vitamin regimen, since it has no side effects and has been known to help heal the liver.
newmethod
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 12:40:14 »

Hi Jen,

There is/are so many things i could ask/question/suggest... but almost impossible on this forum to complete them all. I'd need am hour consultation before i would even guess as to what is going on.. PM me if you like..

How are you now?

Best wishes,

Newmethod

phantoms_rose
Astral Energy 1

coriandershea coriander_shea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 14:01:58 »

Hi Smiley

Youre in my thoughts. Be well, fellow Soul.
:Love Light and Peace:

Corie

I will Love the Light for it shows me the Way, but endure the Darkness because he shows me the Stars.
Kodemaster
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 10:58:28 »

Hello all:

Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers.

The immense fatigue/feeling like I am in a dream-world was due to a cholesterol medicine that the doctor put me on. I had the doc take me off it and those symptoms went away.

I am still seeing the chiro. I am also seeing a neurologist and she thinks the headaches may be migraines. She gave me a new medicine to try and I will see how it works.

JenX
CFTraveler
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 15:35:21 »

Good luck with that.  Sending good vibes.
  I feel for you about the migraines, I get them too.

newmethod
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 00:31:36 »

Hello all:

Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers.

The immense fatigue/feeling like I am in a dream-world was due to a cholesterol medicine that the doctor put me on. I had the doc take me off it and those symptoms went away.

I am still seeing the chiro. I am also seeing a neurologist and she thinks the headaches may be migraines. She gave me a new medicine to try and I will see how it works.

How long had you been on the cholesterol medicine.. Usually a statin drug??

Long term use of statin drugs deplete's CoQ10 in the mitochondria of the cells which is the powerhouse of energy production, thereby giving symptoms like fatigue.

Current evidence suggests that "Statins consistently reduce blood CoQ10 levels". The evidence for CoQ10 supplementaion suggests that Statin-Associated Myopathy (google "myopathy" if needed) although not completely corrected by CoQ10 supplementation is sypmtomalogically better with CoQ10 supplementation. (Not all CoQ10 is equal.. if possible i would try to source one that is "naturally fermented")

Check with your doctor because supplementing CoQ10, as there are some instances where supplemental use of CoQ10 is contraindicated (eg. warfarin therapy), and i don't know what other things you are taking but it is worth mentioning to your doctor..

I imagine your cholesterol/LDL is still high... Have you looked at the reason behind why your cholesterol/LDL cholesterol is high?
Often this can be corrected through dietary and other measures..

I hope you find the cause behind your headaches/migranes..

I'm still open to assisting if i can. PM if you like,
Dean

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: