The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 26, 2021, 15:12:16

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Satanism (friendly exploration)  (Read 3197 times)
kakkarot
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« on: October 02, 2003, 22:01:40 »

(these are my opinions only, although the way i've written it REALLY makes it sound like i'm trying to say "THIS is truth, bow to it", but please don't think i'm trying to say that i think you should believe what i've written. it's just thought for food[|)])

so then those who worship God are not following religions either, but are following their own ways? or anyone else who lives "through" their religions? well then, i guess there are no religions then, since a religion is a way of life.

i think you may be thinking of the difference between those who follow their way of life with intelligence and understanding vs those who follow based upon ignorance and foolishness.

and, since "sin" means "act against God", self-hatred would only be a sin if we were gods (which we aren't since the definition of god is basically someone who controls things that mortals cannot. the term god comes from the idea that we are lesser beings than something else).

and i also must disagree on the paths thing. the path i follow may *not* be right for me, and the path you follow may not be right for you. though i do realize that you are basically saying "don't try to force your path onto me", which i completely agree with.

~kakkarot[|)]
no_leaf_clover
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 22:23:06 »

False Prophet, have you thoroughly looked through the 'religious documents' for your religion? If you haven't, go to http://www.churchofsatan.com/ and read through them. Look at the statements and ideas carefully, if you haven't already. It's something to put some thought into.

What is the sound of no leaves cloving?
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 22:23:06 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Gandalf
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 22:58:00 »

This is my take on Satanism:

I am not a satanist myself but I don't have problems with satanism; rather than getting hysterical about it like some church groups, I just recommend that people check out the official web site or read some of the books by founder Anton LeVay.

If people actually take the time to find out what LeVay is saying, they will find that Satanism is really more properly classed as a philosophy. Basically the philosophy is centred on an individulistic ego-centred approach to living one's life. Before people get hysterical about it, they should realise that this philosophy simply mirrors ego-centred capitalist ideology to a great extent, but the difference here is that Satanists openly admit as much 'saying.. yes, the most important person here is ME, I have to look after ME since no-one else is going to...dog eat dog'; In reality this is the world view of the majority of western capitalist civilisation even although it tries to hide from this fact; Satanists just accept it however, as they view 'the law of the jungle' as a good world view; if nature follows this approach, who are we to think we are above nature?

Another important point; LeVay and other Satanists do not take Satan literaly as a cloven hooved, horned guy who lives in an oven; rather, they view the christian notion of 'Satan' as a useful archetypal image that serves to represent our individulistic, animal natures; Satan represents the raw power of nature in its pure form.

They revear and worship this image as a way of acknowledging and revearing that force inside themselves; in this way Satanists are actually aligning themselves with a more primal, non disney, pre-christian archetypal image of nature, more like Cernunnos or other neolithic deity. In this way Satanists also feel much more connected with nature in a way that they feel christianity is not, and yes, they are quite aware of the fact that they aligning thremselves with a christian deity even although they prefer to accentuate their difference to christianity; they don't see this as a contradiction as for them Satan is just a useful image to use to represent raw uncomprimising nature.

Lastly, I should point out here that LeVay's church of Satan is a fully worked out philosophical system, but has little or no connection with 'pretend satanists'; I call these types 'devil worshippers'; these are the ones that usually come to the attention of the press, however they are not real Satanists as they understand none of the philosophy behind it, they are just rebel teenagers trying to offend their family and society by claiming to 'worship satan' just to get a reaction; this quasi devil worship is just a way of rebelling against the system and is a common subject of goth/nu metal angst; which is about as close to proper satanism as chalk is to cheese!

Regards,
Douglas

PS Also, nowhere does Anton LeVay ever advocate human sacrifices or any other hysterical notions of the imagined 'global satanic conspiracy' as dreamt up by fundmantalist christian groups, which unfortunatly some people actually take seriously!

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.
MJ-12
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2003, 19:18:14 »

xxc
Passionate-fool
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 22:38:01 »

quote:
Anyone who worships a "Dark Lord" is just a Christian who doesn't realize it.

That statement is complete and utter TRASH.  Makes me quite angry to say the least.

As for Falseprophet, his name says it all.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 22:38:01 »

Beth
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2003, 23:36:19 »

Passionate Fool,

I cannot speak for MJ-12, but when I read this what he may be getting at is that out of the world's religions, Christianity makes the biggest claims to the presence and works of Satan.  Christianity is a dualist religion, and Satan is an important aspect of the surface narrative.  

If however, this makes you angry, and I can see where it very well could, then this thread is probably not one that you should visit.

Since Satanism is a religion that some follow, and Satan is a part of Christian Doctrine, then for now, I will let the comment stand. If, however, this thread gets out of hand, all agressive posts will be deleted.

Peace,
Beth

Become a Critical Thinker!
"Ignorance is the greatest of all sins."
                   --Origen of Alexandria
MJ-12
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 02:29:35 »

zx
James S
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 22:22:08 »

Beth's last comment brings to mind the basic idea of any good novel having its hero and its villan. Both are as important to the story as each other. It just depends which camp you are in as to who is the hero and who is the villan.

James.

GhostRider
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2003, 21:41:17 »

Gandalf, thank you for your insight into this matter.  You've cleared up a lot of misconceptions I might have had about Satanism...  afterall, Lucifer does mean "Morning star"... but according to the guy at this site, Lucifer and Jesus are but one in the same?  What would proper Christians have to say to this, ha ha ha!  It's even got me a little confused, maybe I'm reading it wrong...[Wink]

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/nivsatan.htm

Ha ha ha, actually I do know what they're getting at but outside their little quackery of a church group, no-one will really hear it or care.  In my mind both the NIV and the King James Bible are good enough versions of the bible to use and worship by.

SCRATCH THAT... I take it back, there are MORE disturbed and worried christians out there than I thought, lol!  Serves me right... here's one more link to the worriesome and somewhat looney christian right...there are more, but this will suffice for now, a good search engine can find you the rest if you're concerned enough to look into it.

http://www.israelofgod.org/lucifer.htm

"
James S
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 22:16:55 »

They're not the first ones to get confused about it GhostRider.
The Jehova's Witnesses believe that Lucifer and Jesus are brothers. Well at least one of the leaders of their church believed this so they all had to.

James.

"Most of the members of the covent were old-fashioned Satanists, like their parents and grandparents before them. They'd been brought up to it and weren't, when you got right down to it, particularly evil. Human beings mostly aren't. They just get carried away by new ideas, like dressing up in jackboots and shooting people, or dressing up in white sheets and lynching people, or dressing up in tie-dye jeans and playing guitars at people. Offer people a new creed with a costume and their hearts and minds will follow."
 - Good Omens.

False Prophet
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 17:38:46 »

We are gathered here today in realization that there is a spiritual reality beyond the material. That is something that most here on these boards would admit.

What people fail to realize is the heirarchy of the upper realms. Those who bend knee to God are allowing thier free will to be taken from them from a God that wants no dissention.

Those who embrace the true nature of humanity are embracing the Dark Lord no matter what your preconceptions of this statement may be.

The Dark Lord wants us all to have choice and to realize that inside of us all our spirit transcends any sin we commit against the bloated God of so called righteousness.

Those that are in positions of power within the body of Satan realize that many are worshipping the Dark Lord without any benifit.

It doesnt have to be that way.

If you serve yourself and your nature you are in hand with Satan.

Embrace it.

wisp
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2003, 06:12:44 »

Here's what I think.

Some people reach an ultimate level of enlightenment. Even at the highest point we remain in the realm of darkness with the influence of dark forces. There is light and hope beyond the realm we reside. This hope is in the God who you say doesn't want dissension (says who?). The true God is not in this realm.I believe he wants those who can challenge him. We do reap benefits from gaining knowledge and wisdom from his influence. Whether you decide that aspect is for you is your choice. God's ways are not the same as most people see it. Actually God's way of thinking is the way to go, very few people GET this kind of wisdom and knowledge.

Emotions are the downfall of mankind if you ask me. Feelings however is another matter. Feelings are more lasting and stronger than emotions.I think a lot of people get emotions confused in regard to who the person God is.

This is what drives me forward.

I'm not sure what you mean by Dark Lord. I suspect maybe it may be of two things. It could be the true reality of Satan's power, or it could be an aspect of God's personality which so many people cannot see or understand. Yes, in the high realms of the spiritual there is love, truth, and understanding, peace, etc. etc. However God is not just a person (yes, person) with a lala land attitude in a dreamworld of everything is a fairy land. He is a God of justice, reason, good sense, intelligent, and humorous, and much more.
Tao
Astral Energy 3

elfteamop
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2003, 20:09:21 »

hehe - all this respect and so called "what you belive is right" is quite funny actually. What i mean is - hey people get a grasp of the reality you are in !! - if i tell you that parrots run the world but nobody knows - and i also tell you that if you don`t pray to them you will be devoured by falcons - what would you do ? start respecting parrots and pray to them late at night !? Let`s be serious..

Ok.. the first things a satanist holds on and point the finger on is the Christian Bible - they have this "thing" with it - and let me tell you what a satanist would say to me (as i`m sure i`m going to be replied) - the Holy Church was the first who attacked - I read this in the Satanic Bible - so i can copy&paste if necessary. Ok let`s return to the main idea - the Holy Church was the firs who attacked - Smiley let`s face it - it sounds like a 6 years boy who points the finger at a little girl and says he is not guilty Smiley even if it was true.. satanists if they consider themselves so enlighten, should ignore such comments or at best Show proof.

So that was the first point here - today religiouns take birth from everywhere - there was a case in my country with a couple of men who wanted to found a new religioun - Smiley they ended up with too many questions and gave it up. A thing that is really amazing in the Holy Bible is at the end when it says that the end will be when sects and new religiouns will grow very fast - and this is pretty much happening - so it is pretty cool - who ever wrote that knew something Smiley

A satanist - who is he ? here is his description: i have met alot of them - most of them prefer rock music - and most of them becomed satanists because they liked rock music o.O - i talked to them alot and they all had something in common - they had this "thing" (they were boring in general, they were not so tall Smiley, they had problem adapting, they had problems in childhood, like to be COOL)  and wanted to draw attention.. like "EVERYBODY !!! I AM HERE" - it is hard to describe - they feel lonely and they "feel" better if they think they are the best and the rest has a problem..

I know this is a BIG reply.. and it is not because i have something with this phylosophy (to be said at most - i prefer the word concept), but i think it is pretty funny thing what they are saying in their Bible mostly - a part is copied from Gnosticism - and that is REALLY funny Cheesy - many concepts taken from elsewhere - and other shi*t which somebody wrote it by himself - which is garbage anyway

So no hard feelings, fellow satanist.. but read your bible more closely and then read some other world religions and you will see what i mean..
Mihai
kakkarot
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2003, 20:30:21 »

God does NOT take away free will. I am a christian and i have only been *more* free as a christian than i ever was when i was a slave to the world.

I worship God because I choose to, not because He demands it. I choose to love God and my fellow humans, not because I am commanded to but because I want to. I have learned more at the side of God than I could have ever learned apart from Him. God has helped me out of many problems in my life, not because of some "sinister" plan to make me worship Him but because I asked Him to and He did so as a FRIEND! satanists do not see satan as a friend, merely as an alternative being to worship. God has done more for me than any human ever has, so why SHOULDN'T i be friends with Him?

My life isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than most people's, and i'm actually happy with my life; *very few* people can actually say that about their lives.

so worship satan if you want to, but quit slandering the God who you don't even known. you're acting like a kid saying that he hates brussel sprouts because his parents forced him to eat it and he resents them for doing that to him against his will. what has God ever, *EVER*, forced you to do against your will?

oh, and when you reply, please distinguish between the so-called churches of God and God Himself.

~kakkarot
False Prophet
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2003, 19:37:10 »

Many would claim that the worship of Satan is not a religion. They would be right. It is a way of life. We believe that all paths lead to the Divine Substance and only through deprograming your mind from the institutional structures of "organized" religion and society will you find the solace and peace that is found in the Dark Lord.

The only true sin is self hatred.

My path is right for me, your path is right for you.

Any questions?
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: