News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

A second Rating system

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileySpirit14

some ppl are excelent teachers and advice givers which is why the get higher ranks. it doesnt matter what their abilities are. it matters on the help they can give other ppl. some administrators and moderators can project.
just b-cuz you can project doesnt mean your the hot-shot!
if you got more stars b-cuz you can project then everyone would just SAY they could to make it look like theyre special. then this place will evntually be filled with liars and wanna-be's
live forever or die trying

Nay

The stars are for how many posts you have made.[^]  So don't go by how many stars one has.[;)]

There are some people who come on the forum for the first time that already have had some experience, so it would seem by the stars they are a "newbie" but aren't..[8D]  eh, you see what I mean..hehe

Nay

Nagual

Yeah, the ranking system being based on the number of posts does not mean much...  It just say how talkative someone is, which does not mean much either.  Some people say interesting things, while others just talk to talk.

About ranking people by their proeficiency at APing...  I cannot see any way to measure that.  How could the moderators distribute the points...?  Based on what?  Would they give the highest rank to the guy who claimed he had god powers?

The "best" system would be user based ranking.  Anybody can rate a post, and the rank of someone would be based on the average grade from all their posts...  But again, that would not necesseraly reflect their proeficiency.
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Adrian

Greetings LotusLegs,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Ranking people on AP/OB ability is not somthing we could or should consider. Everyone is here to assist each other in any way they can, not to be compared with the next person on any particular ability. Those who cannot project at all might feel frustrated by those "projection stars" others might have.

Also, often all of these abilities are a very personal matter, and many members would never talk about their own abilities, much less want to display them publicly.

We are alway open to suggestions however as to how to improve the Astral Pulse for members.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

__--nezabaleta--__

I think, LotusLeg, that users must to share opinions about some users like Hephaestus, Oazaki and others. Such a sharing of opinions could be done through private mailing system.
NEZabaleta

LotusLegs

The thought had crossed my mind that people might not be truthful about thier rank, but I thought that most people would be sincere.

I guess what I was thinking about when i wrote this post was people taking every scrap of advice they find on this site and trying it all at once.  I know it is good that a person should find what is most comfortable with them, but I also think that the biggest problem with new projectors is the lack of consistency in training.

so on and so on... but these are all things that we're just going to have to learn ourselves and another ranking system wouldn't solve them
If you want to view paradise, simply look around and you will.

-Willy Wonka

LotusLegs

I think it would be a good idea if forum members had another ranking system based on a person's skill at astral travel.  There are pleanty of people who are ranked premiere members who can't even project as well as skilled projectors who are ranked as starting members.  If members could differentiate between these people, trainees might have an easier time trying to find someone who can help them.
If you want to view paradise, simply look around and you will.

-Willy Wonka