The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 22, 2021, 16:08:23

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
51  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Robert and Sai Baba on: July 18, 2002, 09:12:42
astralc, what site"s" are you referring to?

Just sathyasaivictims.com?

I dont want to sound silly, but thats a tad biased Tongue

Oh well, off for the weekend....

Toodles

- Ashfo

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."
52  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / what scares you the most?FACE YOUR FEARS HERE on: July 18, 2002, 09:09:27
Haven't read all the posts, but fear of the unknown.

I can handle the things in my head, the "horror" movies, etc..

Sometimes it's strange though... sometimes I get in this mood where I am easily scared senseless (like watching X files...). I hate that... It's just really goddam annoying. Those are the only times I find it really hard to control my thoughts.

- Ashfo

"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."
53  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / your thoughts on materialism?? on: July 17, 2002, 07:02:59
You can be rich but not materialistic.

I know a person who earns in excess of $10m a year and you would never know.. he has no walls, he has not alienated himself.. however I do agree it is a fair generalisation to make that the richer you become the more you alienate yourself.

As to the why.... well, I enjoy skiing.... With more money I could have more overseas trips... I enjoy music, I can buy better components... I enjoy helping charities etc....

- Ashfo

54  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Other hobbies, on: July 17, 2002, 06:53:40
Skiing, love it.

MMORPGS - cainam what do you play? I played UO for 4 years but got bored.. thinking about SB....

Music

55  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Robert and Sai Baba on: July 16, 2002, 07:27:35
ey Jack, thought I may as well respond to a fellow countryman.

I spent awhile looking into the Sai Baba conspiracy and came to the conclusion that that's just what it is - a conspiracy - set-up by who or for what I dont know, but you must look deeply into the subject if you want a real understanding.

If both are real - something I think untrue - then perhaps Sai Baba is inhabited by two spirits, the reincarnation of Sathya and the original man. Who knows?

- Ashfo

56  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / What is all this new age crap? on: July 16, 2002, 07:22:42
Firstly, BD, I think you misinterpreted me.. I was quoting someone else... I strongly believe in the paranormal/spiritual etc.

There is a way of recognizing something as "true" in the scientific world without having the same results appear in a test with all the variables constant. It's called the"scientific, systematic observation of a phenomenon". For example, we accept that lightning and thunder are natural occurences. But we cannot duplicate them in a controlled environment. Using this approach is the only way to prove - or disprove - many phenomena. All your talk about "measuring" things to attain if they are real or not displays your ingrained belief in traditional science.

Your argument that hardly anyone knows of it or is studying it except a few of us doesn't stack up either. How many people knew of anything - take any well known scientific idea thesedays - before someone,  or someones - "proved" it to them? All discoveries are made by individuals or small groups. Take Reverse Speech, have you ever heard of it? I doubt it. Why not? Because even though David Oates has been reccomended for a Nobel Prize and the US military contracted him for a short while, the science of RS is not scientifically accepted.

History shows all of this to be true. You have to know whats behind you to know what to expect.

- Ashfo

Oh, whoever made comments about Osama and why he isnt caught yet with RV etc - perhaps you should consider this: Maybe the US government doesn't want him caught? While he's out there he is a licence for them to attack virtually anywhere for the "war on terrorism".

57  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / I love the people here on: July 14, 2002, 09:15:20
Hehe... yeah its a great place.

Imagine without the internet... so many of us would probably have not taken it so far or become so interested.

Let the internet bring a spiritual revolution!

- Ashfo

58  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / suicide victims,where do they go? on: July 14, 2002, 09:14:28
David I might add that would this theoretical 80yr old be alive without human technology?

We faced a similar dilemma when my grandad had three strokes, was in hospital and got pneumonia... Do we give him the antibiotics or not?

In the end we decided not to and he died several days later.. Would giving him the drugs have prelonged his life beyond how long he "should have lived"?

Do we have a prescribed life length? If so do people commit suicide because they "have to get out"? Is that why those "at risk" people in mental homes with plastic knives are so troubled? It goes round in a circle - There is no answer Smiley

- Ashfo

59  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I have two survey questions for everyone on: July 14, 2002, 09:05:02
1) It has always been my nature to question how everything around me works (or doesnt)

2) A little quote I made up... "The realisation that everything and nothing is exactly what you thought it wasnt"

- Ashfo

60  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Real time dimensions on: July 14, 2002, 09:03:04
There is actually a theory going on in the scientific world that is something like this.....

The speed at which the the Ns Ps and Es are spinning in an atom reflects as to which dimension the atom exists in... or something similar....
and I think it has something to do with the speed of light.. heh

Anyway, might be interesting to make some comparisons between your experiences and the theory.

- Ashfo

61  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / International Crime Court on: July 14, 2002, 08:59:07
quote:
Originally posted by Cylentpanthur:
Here's the kitty cat on her soap box again. The US has several good reasons for not joining the international court. One of which being that it's not constitutional.

Just quickly.... Are you telling me the USA PATRIOT act is constitutional?

- Ashfo

62  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Our Favorite Quotes on: July 14, 2002, 08:58:05
I dont know with what weapons World War III will be fought,
But World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

- Albert Einstein.

Its what you learn after you know it all that counts.

- Mark Twain?

- Ashfo

63  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / What is all this new age crap? on: July 14, 2002, 08:51:12
Charles Tart's tests were actually disproven because apparently the number could be seen from a reflection somewhere... but that doesnt discount the fact that Monroe saw a person in the corridor adjacent.

Aphexcoil, you have to discover it for yourself. I find it ironic how we will see some scientific breakthrough on the news and immediatley have faith in it whereas we see something otherwordly first-hand but still have doubts. We are programmed to believe in science and not the paranormal. Noone who shows you or proves/explains to you will ever have the influence of self discovery.

- Ashfo

64  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / "Mind awake, body asleep" on: June 27, 2002, 05:27:39
Hi Pat, thanks for your reply...

They weren't vibrations in the AP exit-sense, more like my legs were shaking really fast.

Slower and bigger than actual vibrations though....

- Ashfo

65  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Sleep disorders. on: June 26, 2002, 05:58:58
Wow... someone else who likes to sleep in the cold!

I usually go to sleep, even in the middle of winter, with the window wide open.

Just haven't met many people like me!

- Ashfo

66  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Southwest charges double for "large passengers"... on: June 26, 2002, 05:54:41
Yep... Good idea PW...

But if you make these seats, say, business class size (like two to a row instead of three) with the same food as economy, and only a little more expensive (eg the two seats would cover the one other seat they take out - making then 1.5times more expensive than regular seats) many people would be interested in them. Are you going to tell someone whose smaller that they cant order one of those seats simply because they're smaller? Personally I think yes, thats fair, but judging on some of the replies in this thread it would be biased of many of you to say that that is not discrimination while vice versa is.

- Ashfo

67  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / psychomanteum on: June 24, 2002, 05:44:41
So does the room have to be pitch black? So you can't see the mirror at all?

- Ashfo

68  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Southwest charges double for "large passengers"... on: June 24, 2002, 05:42:13
distant bell took some of my steam - they cram in seats so they can make more money, but the costs are also kept way down. Like I said, the economy seats are subsidised by the larger seats.

I don't think it's discrimination.... It's just fair. You're large, you buy two seats. It's not only for your own good, it's for those around you. If you want to travel more comfortably, buy a larger seat. It's a business, not a public service.

You could suggest all the seats be made bigger and the fare doubles. Personally I'd rather rough the trip and have several hundred (or thousand) dollars in my hand on arrival. Blah, I just cant see anything wrong with it Smiley

- Ashfo

69  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Im not crazy- Im a studnet! on: June 24, 2002, 05:36:41
As always, the thread changes every so slightly Tongue

Firstly, I party every weekend... You could call me your "normal" teenager that has no respect, doesnt care, yada yada dada, - which isn't true - but I am spiritual. None of my friends know about it... I dont talk about AP or anything to them. I have the Astral Pulse for that Smiley. What I'm saying is you have to know a person very well to judge them, and even then it's dangerous. I agree, it seems some people have no souls and just dont care about anything, but who knows...

I dont have the quote here, but I read something along the lines of
"The world is going to end,
Children no longer respect their elders,
Elders no longer care for their children,
And neither care for their people"

It was from something like 200AD Tongue

- Ashfo

70  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral Hearing? on: June 21, 2002, 05:45:36
Interesting you mention this.

I had an experience just last  weekend where I couldn't get to sleep but suddenly from behind my eyelids I realised the room was bright. I got out of bed and there was this bright light in the center of my room. The first thing I did was try to fly.. couldnt. So I turned on the light, looked at my hands and thought "what the faark?". By this point the light had turned off.

Before that happened I also saw bright lights in my window behind my curtains.

And my grandad had died the day before... Maybe he came to say hello Tongue

- Ashfo

71  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Sleep disorders. on: June 21, 2002, 05:41:57
heh, interesting!

Just last night there was a program about those who sleepwalk - like, really really badly.

It sort of focused initially on one guy who was sentenced to attempted murder of his wife because he tried to stab her in his sleep. It then branched off into the medical experiments etc and it is really, really freaky seeing people bouncing around a room with glazed eyes.

Most of them have their head attached to a sort of bungy cord so they cant kill themselves but you see them either acting out their dreams or doing extremely strange stuff. This one woman was in the kitchen making food, eating it and scratching her butt.... looking from the side she looked awake. Only when you saw the eyes did you see that she was obviously in an altered state.

They think theres sleep, awake and something else.... perhaps instead of "mind awake body asleep" its more like "body awake mind asleep". So perhaps thats like four states?

Who knows...

Just interested Smiley

- Ashfo

72  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Southwest charges double for "large passengers"... on: June 21, 2002, 05:35:21
Heh, sorry... I disagree.

Fat people should pay for two seats if they can't comfortably fit in one. Have you ever sat next to a very obese person? It completely ruins the flight and is extremely uncomfy. You yell and scream of discrimination - what about the discrimination of blacks in African countries? Discrimination of our fellow human beings who are starving and drinking water muddier than that in our toilets (before and after..)? Discrimination is everywhere in much larger doses than this, if you even count this as discrimination, which I dont.

Now someone who is 7 foot should be allowed a seat in higher roofed areas (eg upstairs, if there is one), but those who are fat should simply make themselves un-fat or pay the consequences. Don't start screaming about the "X-factor" gene that people cant control and which makes people fat - it hasn't been proved and I'm sure anyone who truly wants to lose weight can. Hey, look at Clay Henry!

btw, whoever posted about park seats or whatever..... jeez. Thats an absurd analogy. Airlines are out to make a profit and have a resposibility to ensure other passangers have comfortable flights.

For the person who was complaining about seat size - poo! You realise the smaller seats are actually subsidised by those in business class? You have an option - go for a cheap seat, get what you pay for, or pay more and get a larger seat. You expect airlines to start running at a loss so you're comfy? Unlikely Smiley

- Ashfo

73  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / my thoughts on hemi-sync (long) on: June 21, 2002, 05:24:20
Where can you get the CD? Cheesy

- Ashfo

74  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Inducing Astral Sight? on: June 21, 2002, 05:07:02
Looking at the things behind your eyelids is so useful for so many things. I used to use it for getting to sleep before I became interested in anything spiritual.

When someone asks me what something is like that is really hard to explain, like some sort of spiritual experience I tell them this : Close your eyes and tell me whats behind them. What shape are they? What colour are they? What pattern do they make?

Most sort of go "uh.. well kinda... you know.. white but sometimes yellow and sorta streaky but sometimes they move in shapes". And then I tell them that is exactly how hard it is to explain whatever they were asking about.

Personal experience is so important Smiley

- Ashfo

75  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I don't get it... on: June 21, 2002, 04:58:19
Frank, thanks very much for the pointer on relaxing from the top down rather than vice versa. How long do you spend on the head? do you try to relax your brain in any way? Do you have any other techniques aside from progreesive muscle relaxation (tensing and releasing)?

Answers from anyone is helpful... Now that I look at it I realise that I have never seriously looked at my relaxation technique.

- Ashfo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9