The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 22, 2021, 14:03:22

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
101  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / What is all this new age crap? on: July 14, 2002, 06:42:03
I think that my post should be sufficient enough too prove that OBE's are not pieces of our imagination...

David
102  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / What is all this new age crap? on: July 14, 2002, 06:23:58
Hi all,
You should all find this very interesting. Taken from Vincent Haske's book:

In the late 1960s Charles Tart began the first laboratory tests with subjects who could have OBEs voluntarily [Tar67, 68]. In addition to his physiological research he also tested subjects' ability to see a target hidden from their normal sight. His first subject, Miss Z., was tested in a laboratory where a target was placed on a shelf about five and a half feet above the bed where she lay. The target was a five-digit number prepared in advance by Tart and placed on the shelf. Miss Z. slept in the laboratory on four occasions. On the first she had no OBE; on the second, she managed to get high enough to see the clock, and on third night she had an OBE but traveled elsewhere. However, on her fourth and last night she awoke and reported that she had seen the number and it was 25132. She was right on all five digits which has a probability of only one in 100,000 of being right by chance.
Tart himself seemed reluctant to conclude that it was paranormal. Tart's second subject was Robert Monroe, who came to the laboratory for nine sessions, but he was only able to induce an OBE in the penultimate session, and then he had two. During the first of these OBEs he seemed to see a man and a woman but not to know who or where they were. In the second he made a great effort to stay 'local' and managed to see a technician, who was supposed to be monitoring the apparatus. With her he saw a man whom he did not know was there and whom he later described. It turned out that this was the husband of the technician, who had come to keep her company. Since Monroe did not manage to see the target number, no real test of ESP was possible.
In 1971 Karlis Osis began to plan OBE research at the American SPR. One of the first subjects to be tested there was Ingo Swann, who went to the laboratory two or three times a week where Janet Mitchell tested him to see whether he could identify a target placed out of sight. A platform was suspended from the ceiling about 10 feet above the ground and divided into two. On either side of a partition various objects were placed and Swann was asked to try to travel up to see them. The reason for the partition was to see whether Swann would identify the correct target for the position in which he claimed it to be. Bright colors and clear familiar shapes seemed most successful and glossy pictures or glass did not work well for the experimental purposes.
After his OBE, Swann usually made drawings of what he had 'seen.' Although these drawings were far from perfect renderings of the original objects, they were similar enough that when eight sets of targets and respondes were given to an independent judge she correctly matched every pair; a result which is likely to happen by chance only once in about 40,000 times

David
103  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Conscious OBE with no history of spontaneous OBE on: July 14, 2002, 05:55:11
Hi all,
Thank you for sharing your experiences with me.
All of your experiences are reassuring to me, especially BD’s. It’s nice to know that you can completely start from scratch, and that this is not a “gift” given only to some people.

David
104  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Conscious OBE with no history of spontaneous OBE on: July 13, 2002, 16:34:54
Sounds cool!

David
105  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / suicide victims,where do they go? on: July 12, 2002, 05:09:20
I don't pretend to be an authority on the subject, so what I say is just my thoughts – I don’t even have an opinion. I think the subject is much more complex than we think.
But what if the 80 year old man was supposed to go through his suffering? Maybe by cutting the cord, he is leaving this life unfinished, or incomplete. This is what I once read in one of Elisabeth Kubler Ross’ books.
The same goes for the divorcee, maybe in order to fully complete his “self” he needed to suffer, without taking the quick way out.

David
106  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Trance? or not? on: July 12, 2002, 04:52:52
Macarthur,
Wouldn’t you say, though, that in order to put your body to “sleep”, you need to be sleepy? Even RB says that feeling lethargic is one of the sensations.

A penny for your thoughts…

David
107  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Conscious OBE with no history of spontaneous OBE on: July 12, 2002, 04:08:02
I am copletely with you K2sixx.
I have been trying also. I have read most of the lit. out there. But i beleve i am advancing, and will hit my goal soon!!!
Yours

David
108  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Conscious OBE with no history of spontaneous OBE on: July 11, 2002, 19:16:42
Hi everyone,
Thanks for your input. I would still like to hear from someone that has been able to achieve OBE, that has taught himself and has no previous history.

Later

David
109  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Conscious OBE with no history of spontaneous OBE on: July 10, 2002, 14:01:11
Thank you Patty,
I enjoyed reading your answer. For what it’s worth, I’m sorry about your daughter.
You pretty much answered my question.
By saying “spontaneous OBE” I was just talking about the people that seam to have problems controlling their exit, as opposed to us that have problems exiting. Many people read the OBE literature only as a way to explain the weird phenomena that they have been experiencing. Those are what I call spontaneous OBE’s.  
I have been trying to OBE for 2-3 months, I read AD and am using the Wave I hemi-sync CD’s. I haven’t experienced much more than some vibrations (usually in my legs). Once the vibrations were so hard that I had to move because they tickled too much. I am still trying to master focus 10. Basically, I can put my arms and legs to sleep, but am having problems with the rest.
anyways,
thanks,

David
110  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Hemi-Sync on: July 10, 2002, 13:03:25
Frank,
How can i be sure that I have reached focus 10? Would you say that my description of not being able to feel any muscles in your body is correct?

yours

PS: do you do it sitting down (like RB says), or lying in bed?

David
111  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Hemi-Sync on: July 10, 2002, 10:38:30
Hi Scot,
I am also starting out. I own the first gateway set. They are very relaxing but what I would like to know is if anyone that has no history of OBE's has ever learned to AP. With or without the Hemi-Sync set.
Let me give you a few tips: 1. buy the CD's not the tapes. 2.  make sure that you use professional full size stereo headphones and not the cheap walkman ones. They will cancel out lots of external noise and sound a lot better (increasing the affect) 3. Don't go through them to fast. Especially the second exercise (focus 10). This, I think, is the most critical stage. You must learn how to put your body asleep while staying awake. This is when you can't feel a muscle in your body, but you’re still awake.

Yours,

David
112  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Metatones! on: July 09, 2002, 05:57:22
Frank,
Could you tell me: what is the indicator that i have reached Focus 10?

Thanks Again
David

David
113  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Trance? or not? on: July 09, 2002, 05:43:32
Fenris,
Thanks for the tip about my name  smiley

David

114  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Metatones! on: July 08, 2002, 16:01:58
Sounds expensive! Have any of you heard of Monroe's Hemi-sync cd's?

David

115  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Trance? or not? on: July 07, 2002, 16:51:51
Thanks for all your help and time!!!

David

116  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / spirit guides..fairly long post! on: July 07, 2002, 13:19:13
I've never heard or experienced anything remotely like what you just described. Have you had more encounters of the same type, after that?

Dave

117  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Trance? or not? on: July 07, 2002, 12:36:33
But how can i know when i actually reached a trance state?

David

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]