The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 04, 2021, 04:26:03

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
101  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Rapid Fire Phasing: Multiple OBEs each hour on: September 14, 2004, 17:20:52
Cube -

I finally got around to trying this. Here's my version...

I burned your buzzer to a cd, since I can't have an alarm clock waking up my family every few minutes.

I used the version from your personal forum... 4 min, 8 min, 12 min, 16 min, 20 min, and multiple 4 min thereafter. I took out the second 20, because I didn't have enough room on the cd. I set the alarm clock for 6 am, and donned the headphones after awakening.

This was only my first attempt. I did not have lucid dreams, nor did I project, but I did experience heightened awareness of my dreams. Very vivid. I'll play with it for probably a week or two, longer if it works. Smiley

102  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Oijia Boards on: September 10, 2004, 16:54:35
I have friends that use theirs regularly. If I could astral project with any amount of proficiency, we were talking about seeing if I could talk through the ouija board while out of body, or see what spirits were hanging around while they're playing with it. Unfortunately (?) the opportunity has not presented itself yet.

103  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Maintaining Awareness While Sleeping on: August 28, 2004, 05:49:08
19 - I totally agree, morning would be ideal, and this is the time when I have lucid dreams and am capable of astral projecting. But I'm curious if I can induce it when my body doesn't want me to. [Cheesy]

ralphm - I tried different volumes as well, but I'm not sure if I'm going to go back to that method. I'd be very interested in hearing the reports of others. It would be easier if I had some way of actually only triggering the recording of my voice at a point where REM is detected, and not at a constant pace, but it was my goal to maybe be able to have the sound overlap a point where I was actually dreaming. If it happened, it was enough of an interruption for me to lose the dream. The asleep and aware voice change might be something to consider...
104  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / will anyone teach me? on: August 27, 2004, 19:13:51
I don't mind at all. But  right now I've got to go to work, so I won't be back online for about 10 hours or so, or tomorrow morning. You may e-mail me as well if you like.
105  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / will anyone teach me? on: August 27, 2004, 19:07:33
It's a start. [Smiley] And there's a lot of other books and websites out there as well. My advice is but one path, and but only a beginning.

You will either:

1: Lose patience because this is a topic requiring a lot of stumbling and failing

2: or succeed because you want it bad enough and not give up

I've been on both sides of that fence. It's hard to find what works. You might also try looking up Chakras and Meditation through a web search as well.

Again, I'm not a teacher. The only person I really know anything I do works on is myself.
106  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / will anyone teach me? on: August 27, 2004, 18:57:49
Energy Body Development. N.E.W. Energy Ways by Robert Bruce. While it doesn't launch into TK, its a foundation into understanding extrasensory abilities.
107  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / will anyone teach me? on: August 27, 2004, 18:53:34
Wadit7x - I would urge you to check out that link I just posted above, if you are interested in working with energy. The author has explained it quite well, and you'll be on the same wave-length as many of the people here. You'll find that more of the postings people make will make more sense to you.
108  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / will anyone teach me? on: August 27, 2004, 18:44:14
Wadit7x -

Step 1: http://www.astralpulse.com/downloads/downloads.htm

Mine is personal experience over a period of 10 years, of which I continue down the road upon. I cannot package it for you, and I don't know what your experiences are for me to draw upon, nor do I know if you've experienced anything.

Think on this:

Once there was a well known philosopher and scholar who devoted himself to the study of Zen for many years. On the day that he finally attained enlightenment, he took all of his books out into the yard, and burned them all.
109  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / PDA, the Astral Projector Friend on: August 27, 2004, 18:36:18
I bought a pocket pc, specifically a Dell Axim, over a year ago, and I still use it almost daily. It has my dream and regualr journal, plus all of the writing I do through-out the day. With Pocket Word, I can easily upload my writing to MS Word when I get home at night. I'm not sure if a regular PDA has the Word capability, which was very important to my own buying.
110  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / will anyone teach me? on: August 27, 2004, 15:33:24
I'm not a teacher, but if you are looking to learn of your potential, meditate and work with energy control. Meditation will allow you to harness your mind, and the energy work might get you the direction toward manipulating reality. Don't expect results over night, next week, or next month (possibly not even next year). Keep a journal, document everything. Maybe the moon's phase or the weather will influence your failures or successes. No matter what, once you are on to something you feel works, practice (and then more practice, and every day). Compare it to juggling for instance. It might take a few days to master a simple three ball pattern where you can maintain it for any length of time, and a year before you're doing complicated patterns. Just my two cents. [Cheesy]
111  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Beware the Talking Monkeys! on: August 27, 2004, 15:22:52
Well, as funny as that would be, it also kind of freaks me out. I can see this spirit sitting around drinking his astral beer with his buddies sharing the sexual exploit. Their response: "Wow, next time I get to wear the hat!"

112  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Maintaining Awareness While Sleeping on: August 27, 2004, 13:19:05
Sure! The process is fairly straight forward and similar to mediation, with more of a risk of falling asleep. That is why I prop my arm up at the elbow (a technique in Astral Dynamics and in a few other astral books I've com across).

I get myself into a relaxed state by counting breaths, but usually only to a set number, like 21. Through this period I'm clearing the mind, convincing myself of my goal instead of letting my mind wander, and quieting the voices. To relax further, I'll focus on each part of my body, sometimes doing the energy work of NEW, or other times just feeling the energy that's already there. If I feel like it, I'll open chakras as well. Usually I'll be deeply relaxed within 5 minutes.

Once fully relaxed, and the only awareness of my body is what I want to be aware of, I focus more on being conscious that my mind is not tied to my body, that my sense of self is not tied to the physical form.

At this point it's possible I'll begin having exit symptoms (such as strong energy, hypnogogic images, etc), but its not always the case. Sometimes my arm will be falling over and waking me up every 30 sec. However, as soon as I have any exit symptoms at all, I lower my arm (which is like moving in slow motion at this point.).

Hypnogogic imagery for me is like looking at a movie screen, and slowly sinking into it. Sometimes it'll appear as a movie being played very rapidly, or strange fractal-like patterns. The imagery is usually something from a game or movie, or sometimes weird things like a face appearing and saying "Boo". [:O] Sound is not always connected, but once in a great while, there will be auditory sounds as well.

I hope I made all of this clear. [Cheesy] If not, I'll try to clarify some of it.
113  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / help me activate my Chakras on: August 26, 2004, 17:13:10
Try changing how you visualize your chakras. Try visualizing the energy as liquid white fire, or as a flower (lotus). I find that by periodiclly changing my visualization I am able to maintain a stronger flow of energy. [Cheesy]
114  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Maintaining Awareness While Sleeping on: August 26, 2004, 17:10:18
I'm sure some people don't need them at all. There are many many techniques out there, and it seems like many writers need very little effort.

I personally have become fascinated by the hypnogogic stuff, and I see it as evidence that I am very relaxed and I'm losing touch with my body.

The practice of achieving this has also led me to begin studying mediation. While budhism isn't my thing, I've found myself drawn to much of its philosophy concerning meditation, and find thinking on zen stories and koans give me the proper mindset for meditation.
115  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Don't you get sick of being human? on: August 26, 2004, 16:59:29
I am perfectly happy to be the flawed creature that I am. [Cheesy] I see it more as a voyage that I don't want to become tired of. We all have such potential to discover, we're capable of so much and there's so much we can't understand.

I can't make a lot of difference in changing others, but I've got a lot of power over myself. I share my discoveries with others, and maybe I'll present to them something they're curious about toward starting down their own path of self-discovery.

Sure, we as humans are capable of evil, especially when no one's looking. But then again, if you are truly interested in personal development, you've removed at least one person (yourself) from being a victim to negativity. And who knows, maybe you'll find yourself rewarded somehow when you make it through this life that will make it all worthwhile. [Cheesy]
116  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Where do I start? on: August 26, 2004, 16:48:07
THe question concerning walls is more of "Can YOU walk through walls?" Yes, you should be able to, your only limitation is what your mind places on you. Practice and development. [Cheesy] The only way you'll know if you can is to try when out. Remember your goals when you're out so you have something to do.
117  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I know quite a bit but this\ on: August 26, 2004, 16:19:38
The more often I reach the hypnogogic state, the more careful I have to be about what I watch or do before going to bed. Not that this would be the cause for you, I dunno, but any horror movies or playing video games with violence (i.e. all of them) gives me nasty hypnogogic images. Therefore I try to limit the pre-bedtime stimulus to pleasant stuff, because I'd hate to think I was going to phase into the situation.
118  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / auditory hallucinations? on: August 26, 2004, 16:13:36
I experienced my first auditory hallucination recently, happening right about the same time as I was reaching the point of getting hypnogogic images. For me it was just a very loud pop. I knew what it was, but my thoughts were "Ohmigosh, for a hallucination that's pretty darn real."
119  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Real Time Zone questions on: August 21, 2004, 16:29:17
In a recent book I read, the authro claimed that the astral state was similar to hypnosis, and that our ethics would still bind us. I don't know if I've ever been bound before though. However, with astral sight things are different anyway. For instance, if I'm projecting early in the morning and my son is up watching cartoons, his clothing, to my astral sight is somewhat subjective, and I may only get the color right, and not what he's actually wearing. I think if you actively went to spy on someone it would be somewhat similar. I don't think you'd be able to see another person as you would perceive them in the waking world, thus limiting the odds of your arousal of spying on someone in the RTZ. This might be different if you are an accomplished projecter with very heightened astral senses, but I'm not that good, and there's a million other things more interesting to do than spy. [Cheesy] I think you'll see other astral things far more clearly than anyone in the RTZ.

Again, this is just based on my own experiences, and others will probably differ.
120  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Astral Pregnancy on: August 10, 2004, 20:28:02
I wonder if any non-controlled APers could actually be responsible for astral rape. Consider that often many lucid dreams are a sexual playground. While I have not had my libido interfere with astral projecting, it definately likes to play in the lucid dreams. If the two are close enough, if you stumble across someone projecting unconsciously, there are definate possibilities. I don't have a stand on this, just pondering the implecations.
121  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / How often do you wake up with an 'astral screen?' on: August 10, 2004, 20:21:06
I get this by denying sleep using the method of propping my arm up at the elbow while falling asleep. Often this "astral screen" is very influenced by whatever I've been doing.

For instance, I triggered the screen last night. However, I'd been playing the PlayStation 2 game Champions of Norath. When the screen kicked on, immediate imagery as if I were watching the game with my nose pressed against the screen, or practically in the game. In the past, when I didn't understand it and had fears, I'd have demonic imagery from my fears pop up. Since I have a better understanding and have conquered my fears, its now far more pleasant.
122  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Can Pets Project Too? on: August 10, 2004, 20:16:08
I haven't seen any of my three cats or my dog while APing, but msybe they don't want to hang around with me while ghosting. They're probably enjoying the freedom of getting away from the house. [Cheesy]

I wonder if fish can... new goal... next time, look at aquarium while out.
123  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / question from me and all new bigginers on: August 05, 2004, 17:56:57
I agree with beavis. It is very difficult for me to go from conciousness to AP, but from a lucid dream, its much easier. Write down all of your dreams, a search for clues in your journal that repeat a lot. Use these repeating factors as clues in future dreams to know you're dreaming.

For me, lucid dreaming and AP are often evasive, and tend to happen once I get frustrated and start to give up. Then it happens again, and I get excited once more.
124  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / RPG on: August 02, 2004, 18:25:48
The only group I can get together is for Dungeons & Dragons, but I'm really looking forward to the new World of Darkness and Vampire the Requiem coming out very soon. I'll be forcing the group into the roles of vampires sometime this month.....

We still play two to four times a month. [Cheesy]
125  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What does everyone do for a living? on: August 01, 2004, 16:07:25
Well, since I'm in Idaho, my "career" involves potatoes. Not that I want it to, but if your license plate says "Famous Potatoes" there's a good chance those famous potatoes will work their way into your life. I eat a lot of french fries too....

I also try to make money self-publishing on the side...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6