The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 04, 2021, 03:57:16

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
76  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Self Hypnosis and OOBE on: September 23, 2004, 05:59:46
I used to try self-hypnosis to astral project, but I've come to the conclusion it won't work.

Here's why: I can't spontaneously astral project, and astral projecting takes a lot of will power, or luck through lucid dreams. Even though I'm telling myself what to do, my astral body doesn't know how to accomplish it, or doesn't like taking orders. I *only think it might work* once you have had some successes with astral projecting consciously, and then only to increase the frequency. But, self-hypnosis and meditation have some similarities, so once you have a feel for what you are doing, you could replace the meditation with self-hypnosis (that is, if you meditate).
77  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Increasing chances of dreams? on: September 23, 2004, 05:52:17
To have dreams:

1. Make sure you get plenty of sleep. If you are getting what you need, the last couple of hours should give you some dream time.

2. Take naps.

3. Sleep in.

To remember dreams:

1. Tell yourself you will remember your dreams when you go to bed.

2. Do not get out of bed immediately. Try to recall any dreams first.

3. Get up and write them down.  Within a week of writing down dreams, you'll remember far more, and this progress only increases.
78  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: September 22, 2004, 17:42:09
All I can say is Wow!

I guess I'm really suprised at how well it worked! Within the first minute, the cd was working. I actually think I had a blockage in my Solar Plexus, because this is the first time I've ever felt energy "snap". Some of the high pitches startled me a couple of times, and there's a few breaks in the copy I made that sound like my own recording errors that also startled me.

I was probably asleep about 45 minutes into it, but I was rather tired last night. I'll be trying again tonight.

I think you did a fantastic job at targeting your desired energy centers with this program.
79  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Poll: why do you want to astral project? on: September 22, 2004, 17:32:47
I don't know why, exactly. I just *want* to. I want to all the time, it's addictive, I'm an astral junkie who rarely gets his fix. [|)]

If I had to self-analyze, I'd say: because I enjoy being "weird" or different, I hate limitations, I live in my own reality and now I want to create it.
80  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Help Me with a little problem in LD... on: September 22, 2004, 17:26:39
Try rhythm napping. It's something cube, a guy on this forum, came up with. Here's the link...

http://www.saltcube.com/rhythm-napping

I used a variation of this, and burned it onto a cd. It actually got me into a lucid dreaming groove for a couple of days. [Cheesy] I get similar lucid dreaming blocks from time to time, but perserverance overcomes all obstacles.
81  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Controlling George W. Bush on: September 22, 2004, 07:10:44
A friend gave me a bumper sticker that reads:

Cthulhu For President in 2004.
Don't Settle For the Lesser Evil!

Found the website:
http://www.cthulhuforpresident.com/
82  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: September 22, 2004, 06:35:06
quote:
Originally posted by gnomad

If you've extracted the mp3 from the full (93MB) zip file, then you've definitely got it all - maybe your version of Media Player just can't handle files that size?

I'm not a fan of Media Player - Nero is the CD burning software I use, which can also burn the mp3 direct to an audio CD.  I think WinAmp can too.  You'd have to download the trial versions (or a crack - which obviously I wouldn't endorse).

Otherwise, I'm sure there's a heap of other freeware stuff out there too. Good luck with it!

Thanks for the advice! I didn' know Nero could convert. [Smiley] I updated my realplayer to the latest version, and it had full burning capability (yay!). I will let you know my thoughts on this program in a day or two after trying it. [Cheesy]
83  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: September 21, 2004, 16:51:09
gnomad (or anyone else) -

I downloaded the file, I see all of it with RealPlayer, but only half of it with Windows Media Player... Any idea why? I would like to burn it to cd (which I can do with Windows Media Player). I'm not seeing the capability to do this on RealPlayer... Any suggestions? [Sad]
84  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Lucid to obe on: September 21, 2004, 07:02:52
As soon as you're lucid, imagine yourself next to your sleeping body. If you are actually next to it, you might already be out. This usually isn't the case for me. Once I go to my body, I usually find myself between dream and awake, but aware of my body. Then it's just a matter of willing myself out (Sometimes you might have to roll out. While you might think this will cause you to roll out of bed, my physical body has never moved, and only my astral body has rolled out). It's fast, usually easy, no fear limitations, and has a high success rate per number of attempts from lucid dream.
85  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Kotodama and reiki mantra chants on: September 18, 2004, 18:52:47
So when using these mantras, do you have to continually repeat it during the entire mediation? I'm not familiar with any techniques for mantras while meditating, so I'm curious. Howevr, I'm definately up to trying it.
86  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Music induces hallucinations? on: September 17, 2004, 21:30:54
quote:
Originally posted by capricorn10101

"its influence"  Im not sure what is meant by that - no disrespect.

Influence over astral projecting or lucid dreams, not over life in general. [8D]
87  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Music induces hallucinations? on: September 17, 2004, 19:11:23
I usually try to avoid music, due to its influence, but the weirdest ever influence was falling asleep listening to Glen Danzig's Black Aria.
88  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Merits of approaches on: September 17, 2004, 19:04:13
quote:
Originally posted by astralspinner

So, the questions:

a) Which method do you use to get Out?

b) How lucid are you whilst Out?

c) How long do you usually manage to stay out?

d) How controlled are your experiences while Out? (i.e. Can you go where you want, do things that interest you, etc, or are you only a passive observer of whatever happens?)

a) ANY method. I don't care. I just want out. Smiley I use a method you didn't mention, which is lucid dreaming, but I'm moving toward the alarm clock method right now, but this does not mean there is any less development through desire, will, and setting goals.

b) Highly lucid, but intoxicated. [Cheesy]

c) Only minutes.

d) I still suffer from many mentally imposed limitations, and ability comes more often with each successful attempt. But otherwise, I have as much control as walking through my house (I haven't made it further than my house yet...).
89  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Post your apocalyptic dreams here! on: September 17, 2004, 05:05:10
I've had 5 tornado dreams this year, each featuring a devastating number of them. However, I'm in Idaho and haven't seen even a funnel cloud this year, so I'm starting to think I'm not very prophetic, or at least, I should be in the tornado part of the world. [Cheesy]

On the other hand, I dreamt that I was beheaded. While this is a personal kind of thing, I was actually able to carry it around and put it back on as needed. [Cheesy]
90  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Why is all this happening ? This is the qesution . on: September 17, 2004, 04:45:05
Argh. I want to add more. [Cheesy]

With lucid dreaming, its more like the Matrix BECAUSE it feels more like you're in the world with unlimited potential. Whenever I choose to stay lucid and not go astral, I usually see what my current potential is, whether flying, seduction, levitation, extraordinary leaps, fighting zombies, throwing fireballs, etc.

Right now, when astral porjecting I feel more like a ghost. Maybe I'd compare it currently more to the movie The Others.
91  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Why is all this happening ? This is the qesution . on: September 17, 2004, 04:41:34
I always liked comparing lucid dreaming to the Matrix, not so much astral projecting. With astral projecting, I feel like I was abandoned into the world of Muggles, and somehow missed my invitation to Hogwarts. I have yet to get an effective wand OR broom... and I'm sure if I could just get ahold of one of those wizard school books I'd be set... [Wink]
92  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / about "blood sucking" vampires on: September 15, 2004, 18:36:27
On the Sci Fi channel, I was watching an episode of Fact or Fiction?. On this episode, they had a "Fact" story about a real blood sucker, though its possible it was more of the subculture of human blood drinkers. There's lots of books on the subculture, but again, these are people, not undead.

Being a vampire fan, I used to collect newspaper articles about vampires. They occassionally turn up. One of the last ones I read was about a village claiming being haunted by a penenangalon (a flying vampire head whose intestines string out behind it. It has to return to its body and reattach before dawn). [Cheesy]

93  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I keep falling alseep during OBE atempts. (Help) on: September 15, 2004, 18:31:42
It's really easy for fears to get in the way at night. Mine are usually worrying about demons or ghosts. Its a combination of wanting out really badly, and not wanting to see anyone waiting for me on the other side. In the Astral Dynamics book, the author talked about being more powerful as a conscious astral projector than most of the creatures that could be waiting for you, and this gave me a huge confidence boost. That and finally being able to clear my mind from thinking during the attempts.
94  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Do you "bai bai " during Ghost Month? on: September 15, 2004, 18:29:10
I wonder about the taboos. Is it like the catholic thing of not eating chocolate? Or do they think that this will have a better chance of them dying during ghost month? Very interesting. I might want to try it for my personal ghosts. [:O]
95  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Sort of a Poll on: September 15, 2004, 18:23:10
quote:
Originally posted by YoungOldSoul

How long did u try to AP/OBE before becoming succesful?

Projected once as a kid by accident. Began trying to do it conciously from age 18 to 30. Mastered lucid dreaming during this period, but failed to AP until last year.

quote:

What method/s worked best for you, and do you find are most common to work?

Its easy for me to make it out through lucid dreaming. Other methods have yet to work.

quote:

What are the best books to pick up to read to become thouroughly informed?

All of them. [Cheesy]
96  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Leg twitching on: September 15, 2004, 18:17:43
I never paid any attention to the leg twitching until I read this post. Argh! Last night I was in my prone meditative position and my leg twitched. And I paid attention to it! [:O]
97  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I keep falling alseep during OBE atempts. (Help) on: September 15, 2004, 18:15:12
Is the panic attack caused because you are trying at night time, or does it matter? I don't panic at all in the early mornings, only when first going to bed (if then, anymore). It mighht be something as simple as facing your fears, or preventing thoughts while trying to trance.

Are you falling asleep sitting up? Try different positions. If you are lying down, try propping an arm up at the elbow, so it falls over and smacks you if you doze. This is the method I use, until I feel exit symptoms (though sometimes even exit symptons can trick you into falling asleep).
98  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Rapid Fire Phasing: Multiple OBEs each hour on: September 15, 2004, 18:11:36
Cube -

Though I was worried, I had NO problem going back to sleep at all, during any interval, including the 4 minute ones.

I read your sun articles a few days ago, along with most of your obe book. Your techniques are very original and different from the traditional methods. I think if you published it, you could make a name for youself quickly in this field.

Anyway, nothing to report on day 2, family was too noisy and they all got up at 6 am.
99  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / new friend or im crazy ? @_@ on: September 14, 2004, 17:52:38
I find shadowy things to be unnerving. I think I would've freaked if I witnessed it trying to touch me. The one I saw years ago scared the hell out of me. Smiley To any spirits out there... choose a nice happy color and glow like you're friendly!
100  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / emotional release on: September 14, 2004, 17:39:21
When I first began doing energy work, I'd ride the roller coaster of emotions. For me it wasn't depression, but anger. I think I kept things pent up that made me angry, and after doing energy work, it came out easier. I haven't noticed it lately, so I think it passes. [Sad!]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6