The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2021, 03:41:50

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Jesus isn't the son of god on: April 30, 2004, 07:14:01
Hello Exothen,
            Yes I do believe in general revelation from god,using the name God as the oneness of us all and everything that is.My own life experiences leave me in no doubt,of the existence of something far greater than ourselves.
    Lifebreath, thank you for the links, I have read this information before, on my quest for the truth.I don't hold Acharya S in any more higher regard than yourself. I have read many of the references she gives in her book,and for me this was the final straw that broke the Jesus myth for me.
    I think one can go round in circles of never ending challenges of pieces of information here and there, written by someone cleverer than the one before,challenged and out-witted by cleverly selected bits of material add nauseum!!. At the end of the day, I think it really comes down to Faith!.
     Faith and belief are what I lost, after years of searching for truths as to the existence and accuracy of the virgin birth resulting in the existence of the Jesus figure.
     It all depends as far as I am concerened as to which way one is swayed by presentations of so called facts. I don't even know which way the scales go on for or against  Jesus' existence, as per the findings of the literal presentations over the last 2004 years.
    I do however still believe in the message that is in the teachings of the christian faith, as I have said in my other postings.
    As for the Christ as a person, who was God personified, or the only begotten son thereof, leaves me blank, but I would dearly love to belive otherwise.
    I do hope that I don't offend anyone here, my intention is only to put my own oppinion, and hopefuly, and I do mean hopefuly! to be proved wrong.

Love and lots of bright light
                      Borin[Smiley] [Smiley] [Smiley]

2  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Jesus isn't the son of god on: April 28, 2004, 14:39:11
Hi Exothen,
      What scholars are you refering to? you need to look at all of this thread,my whole point is after many years of study,the overwhelming evidence is that Yes!!!  there were many Jesus' around 2000 years ago.But the christ figure was fabricated out of many different myths and stories, from various religions.
    One source of fact I find very informative is The Christ Conspiracy,by Acharaya S.... The references to what you call textual evidence,are exposed in this book, and the cross referencing by various eminent theolgians support the sham of the christ story.
     As little time ago as the reign of James the first, saw the bible and its contents re-written to suit the needs of the rulers of the day to control the masses.
     Please read all the thread, and perhaps the book I mention.
Believe me when I say, there is no one more upset by these facts than me to find this information. And my intention is not to seem blasphemous! or to try to convert anyone else to my findings seek for yourself.
              Love and Light Borin[Smiley] [Smiley] [Smiley]
3  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Jesus isn't the son of god on: April 25, 2004, 07:57:12
Hello Shinobi,
           Thanks for your response,It is well documented, and I do believe that the Romans did crucify murderers,thieves and the like.
    My point was that it is a myth,that they crucified jesus,the son of god. In my opinion sadly,he was a concoction of a story that does pre-date christianity,and one which was deliberately used to control the masses,and one which certainly does have its roots in various
other religions.
    I am however extremely grateful to lifebreath, who in his reply to my original post,gives me a new angle on which to focus my thoughts.
     my views come about after a long time studying all religions looking for answers. The final straw was after reading "The Christ cospiracy" by Acharaya S. this book with its mass of referencing, puts an end for me on my doubt as to the truth about the existence of jesus.
     After saying that I think that the teachings of the gospels, and the christian way of living are faultless, if we could all adhere to them the world would be afar better place.
    I am personaly not strong enough to be able to do this unlike "Mother Theresa of Calcutta" who lived her life totally by these means and for one so small in physical stature, showed strenghth the likes of which I have never seen, both in body and resolute determination to the good of others.

Love and light Borin.[Smiley] [Smiley] [Smiley]
4  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Jesus isn't the son of god on: April 21, 2004, 17:10:21
Hi Lifebreath,
           Well first of all,let me say how awe inspired I am by your words.I have never interpreted the meanings you give of the christ figure in that way, and thank god! it has given me back my faith somewhat.As regards my mention of threats, I was referring to the Teaching of eternal damnation, and pergatory as taught in catholicism.
     This is a fabrication of the truth as was the christ/Jesus story,
that was the point I was making. A story conjured up by ancient priests or church elders of the day,with the soul intent of ruling the masses by fear.the nearest I have come to know as my truth is in Gnosis ancient,and modern.(Seek and ye shall find me)but I must admit your truths are wonderful also, and I take onboard what you say.
     I have searched for the truth of many things all my life, and am still looking.My secondary education was given to me at a church of england all boys school in the early 1960s. My masters were mainly vicars or ministers,and believe me they were as christian in there behaviour as lucifer!! if he really was any sort of entity. there methods of control were threats from god, or extreme physical abuse.
     When ever I asked questions on experiences I began having as a young boy, such as seeing and hearing spirit beings, or my out of body experiences,I would have the words knocked out of me.
    My god, who I have no doubt at all is your god also. And I sincerely believe he she it, would not harm or punish any of creation.
    and the notion of original sin, born into each new life I have always found abominable. I now believe we are all part of the god or the one, But the way that the teachings of the masters have being tampered with I find unbearable.
      I would be very interested to find out your reasons for coming to this site, you are quite obviously a very wise person.

Much love and light  Borin[Smiley][Smiley]
5  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Jesus isn't the son of god on: April 21, 2004, 06:10:49
Hi Lifebreath,
     I umderstand and accept your reply and somewhat of your reasoning.The fact is that the Christ or Jesus figure, is a total myth. And the jesus story which is a very limited one,is a fabrication. I fail to se if you know this how you can say you are a Roman catholic man.The virgin birth,is also a total shambolic means of mass control of the catholics.Its story and belief system,and that of the Jesus figure,was in circulation at different times long before the advent of the so called christ event.It appears in several other religions including Buddhism.
    The Nag Hamadi library is proof of this along with many other sources.
    Another fabrication, is that of the devil and pergatory,you will be familiar with that threat,being a Roman catholic man which is another very successful means of controling the gullible as I used to be.
    The answers for a right and proper way to live, are within most of us from birth inherrantly!and I believe is only taken away from us by the conditioning of outside influence or fear.Holy fatwah's to name but one.

Love and light Borin[Smiley]
6  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Jesus isn't the son of god on: April 19, 2004, 17:38:16
Hi All,
       I fully embrace the message of christianity,lived a christian life for 51 years,and still think it is the right way for us all to live.After very extensive study however in various religions, I have reached the indesputable conclusion,that jesus and his life was a made up story,with the same theme of,born of a virgin, ability to heal the sick,son of god, nailed to a tree, or crucifix etc, as been a total fabrication, as it is in other faiths.
    To recommend one book alone that will verify this fact, look anywhere like Amazon for a copy of "The Christ Conspiracy" by Acharya S. The many eminent theologians that have put this book together,along with all the relevant cross referances leave the reader in no doubt as to its accuracy.That is if you do look into all the referances or most as I did.
    Very very sad! not that it changes what I believe in the way of there being a god. I believe now that organised religion is just a vey subtle way of controlling the masses. Look at what is happening in the world right now. Its not their rligeon that I am concerned about, its what they do in the name of their GOD.

Love and light Borin[Smiley][Smiley][Smiley]
7  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce on: April 17, 2004, 17:08:18
Hi everybody,
      I just would like to echo the praises of this book,I have read plenty on astral projection, inc all the works of the late Robert monroe,Ive even tried the Hemi-Sync, or Binaural brainwave generator sound files,Ive done a course on the "Mysticweb", but nothing comes close to this piece of work.
   Robert Bruce seems to me to have not just covered all the potential problems and how to overcome them in this book, but he for me, thrown in a large part of himself also.
     He comes over as though he is talking directly to the reader, and goes at length to make his points totaly clear, leaving the reader in no doubt as to what is required, to get results.
    Whats more important to me is,he isn't talking in "Iam the greatest listen to me" kind of speak, over elaborating or using need-less vocabulary. Its just a good, honest, easy to understand, errrrm? Masterpiece yes and a must for any APer.

Love and light Borin[^][^][Wink]
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / online courses in Astraltravelling / selfknowledge on: February 18, 2004, 16:42:48
Hi Jonny,
       I am new to this forum, this is my first post. Thanks so much for the link to this site and the course that they are offering free.
      I have just registered, and can't wait to start.I hope we get to meet on the astral.

Borin
Pages: [1]