The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 29, 2021, 04:15:05

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
76  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Video of beavis doing TELEKINESIS on: December 28, 2003, 08:19:22
I built an extremely sensitive psi wheel some time ago using a needle and a delicately balaced piece of tin foil on it. It would spin seemingly at random and with conciderable speed, but only when a person was near it. Didn't spend enough time and attention to it to notice any other pattern, nor develop a way to control it at will.
It reacted differently when exposed to currents of air, so it was easy to tell it was not wind causing the spinning.
77  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Scientists begin measuring pollution in human bodi on: December 27, 2003, 14:06:14
Looks like a wakeup-call to me.

...And people wonder why cancer is so common. =/
78  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Does everything have an opposite? on: December 27, 2003, 13:59:47
What is light, if not compared to darkness?
What is heat, if not compared to cold?
What is moisture, if not compared to dryness?
What is softness, if not compared to hardness?

[Smiley]
79  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Would you say it is fair... on: December 26, 2003, 19:30:26
Sciense rests on the shoulders of philosophy. A philosopher is bound to eventually end up a mystic. A mystic in activity is a mage, and a mage is a scientist. [^]

But still, that is only the objective part of existence. The other part, the subjective one, is what we call 'life'. Up until recently I have been more dead than alive, but now I see what I've been lacking and maybe, just maybe, I can practice magic as an art. [Smiley]

(Awareness -> spirit -> subjectivity -> intuition -> muse -> creatvity -> art. Or someting in those lines.)
80  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Spells and rituals for abtaining money on: December 26, 2003, 19:10:49
quote:
Originally posted by Tisha

While standing in your doorway, the money-corner is at the far left, in the back.  If that corner is a dark mess, your finances are probably a mess too.

I sleep in that corner. Is that a bad idea? I've been thinking about putting the bed in another corner to get out of line with the door (saw that one on TV), but it would incorporate a rather major refurnishing of my room. (Student-house. Three guys sharing kitchen and toilet, each with a rather small room of their own.)
81  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / This may sound dumb, but just what -is- grounding? on: December 25, 2003, 19:06:04
I think of grounding as centering yourself. For instance, before practicing most martial arts you do something with the specific purpose of focusing on the task at hand (namely practicing). Grounding can thus vary from taking a deep breath to meditating for just a few minutes. You let go of your worries and calm your running mind, telling yourself to concentrate on what you are going to do.

I'm sure there are many other forms of grounding too. Mostly depending on just what it is you're doing.
82  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Enochian Square Tablets for Projection on: December 25, 2003, 15:12:02
What's the source of the book? Who published it? GD? Crowley?

You might find an answer at http://www.hermetic.com/ but it contains a very large amount of information. Unless you know the source / what you're looking for you migt have a lot of material to weed through.
83  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / astral catgirl on: December 25, 2003, 14:06:49
Congratulations, you're a father. [Smiley]

GD system of magic is the enochian, IIRC, and according to Benjamin Rowe, it is upside down (http://www.hermetic.com/enochia/enoch-ref.html#Benjamin%20Rowe), the most powerful calls being mapped as the weakest.

What this tells you about your creation I hope you will take into concideration.
84  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Would you say it is fair... on: December 23, 2003, 09:37:49
I have figured out over the past few days something that I think is very important in the practice of magic:
Action. To act.

A long time ago I sensed it, and now I know it. - Action carries us further than thought. I can ponder, contemplate and intellectualize all I want, but unless I act not only shall I remain ignorant, but will never make a differance.

Action is what bridges spirt to body, and if we can learn to act rather than reacting, then we will be free. To act without reacting, one has to pay attention to one's intuition and not confuse it with the mind. One has to have the will to act on it.

To me, this is a piece that makes many other parts of the puzzle fall into place. I guess this realization initiates me into the actual practice of magic. [Smiley]
85  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / God - believe it or not? on: December 21, 2003, 19:34:31
I'm going to claim it does not matter what one believes. =)
86  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Full Octave Tuning the mind on: December 21, 2003, 19:30:03
Well, the chakras are tuned to frequencies, so I guess there could be some sort of correlation...

Have you ever observed the different, if any, effects of different tones?

/me wanders off singing do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, fa. =)
87  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Stoicism on: December 21, 2003, 18:25:13
I've forgotten what it is.

ED:
But dictionary.com reminds me!
---
sto·i·cism    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (st-szm)
n.
Indifference to pleasure or pain; impassiveness.
Stoicism The doctrines or philosophy of the Stoics.
---

You might as well be apathetic, but if you become apathetic you might as well be dead, since in you don't really have any reason nor right to live.
But that is not someonething someone has to worry about, since you will never become apathetic. You'll become cold and cynical, but never apathetic.

I know someone who claims to be apathetic, but in fact he is not. I have not told him this since he'd just deny it (proving he cares to anybody but him). If I told him I know he would subscribe for the "shoot the messenger" strategy anyway. =/
88  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Would you say it is fair... on: December 21, 2003, 18:21:40
Every time I see the sun set I see a great and colorful display of magic.

But I have never seen an atom. What I have seen is the effects of them. I know that the colors in the sunset is due to the photogenic effect, which is a phenomena of quantum physics. Quantum physics is thus in my mind full of potential for creating something beautiful. =)

Energy is mass and motion. Therefore a political movement is full of energy. This energy is ruled by the tendencies of sociology. Is not this transcendence from the teoretical and objective to the human and subjective something mystic in itself?
89  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / ELVES on: December 21, 2003, 08:12:07
"Elycion Lacar"
Have a thing for trees.
"Beings of light"
Beings from the world of spirits.
Elementals.

---

My ears are pointy, but I'm a Vulcan. [Tongue]
90  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Would you say it is fair... on: December 21, 2003, 07:30:52
Ah, gomen nasai. Shold have pointed out that I ment 'see' in an abstract sense.
Ergo, to sense something magical about the beauty of nature. To realize that magicians built the microwave oven. To see human relations as something mystic etc.
91  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Would you say it is fair... on: December 20, 2003, 19:57:26
One who remains silent agrees! I'll take this as a "yes". [Tongue]
92  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / What is Forgiveness? on: December 19, 2003, 15:58:16
The act of forgiving is an act of love.
93  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Aleister Crowley on: December 19, 2003, 11:32:25
KoolGZe, that's just about the most misguided advice I've seen in a long time.
Never discard _anything_. Take all into account, and if you at some point decide something is "wrong" please do base the decision on something more than your prejudice and bias.

Old Al, with Thelema, partook in the foundation of some very esteemed mystery schools. One of them has some 3000 initiates worldwide.
94  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Past Lifes on: December 18, 2003, 11:45:08
I'm more curious about who I am now than who I used to be. [Tongue]
95  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Past Lifes on: December 18, 2003, 07:23:54
Looking at the Akashic records with the aid of a spirit guide was the trick, if I remember correctly.

I read, however, about a method that utilized gradual improvement of memory to get to this result. Each day before going to bed you recollected the events of the day, and then when you find doing so very easy you start recollecting the whole week. You start it by remembering how you got to your bed, how you got home, all the way to when you woke up in the morning. You track backwards, so to speak.
Anyway, you progress to a month at a time, then a year etc. until you reach your birth. Now, naturally, comes the tricky part. Gotta cut through afterlife and, shock, death. I can imagine that would be less than pleasurable...
Anyway, according to the thing I read it's all downhill from there. But it DOES seem like a lot of work, doesn't it?
96  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / How many of you believe in God? on: December 06, 2003, 18:09:30
quote:
Originally posted by exothen

Ceriel N,

quote:
Beleif in God versus beleif in the bible. Most xians rather avoid this question rather than give it the answer it deserves.
And don't say they are one and the same. Blasphemy is nothing if not claiming an infinite entity can fit between the covers of a small book.

The Bible is the means by which God has chosen to reveal himself.

That does not address the question nor the statement. Try agai.

quote:
Originally posted by Xander

He also said it was blasphemy to claim that GOD looks human.

Saying that God looks like anything at all isn't accurate. Saying God looks human is wishful thinking. Everything is a part of "God", and "God" is in everything. Problem is that we think that we are the only form of sentient / intelligent life there is.
97  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / How many of you believe in God? on: December 06, 2003, 14:49:12
Beleif in God versus beleif in the bible. Most xians rather avoid this question rather than give it the answer it deserves.
And don't say they are one and the same. Blasphemy is nothing if not claiming an infinite entity can fit between the covers of a small book.
98  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / ATTENTION ROBERT BRUCE on: December 06, 2003, 14:33:54
I for one would like to know just what exactly we're doing here. Care to share? [Smiley]
99  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Which Witch is Which? on: November 16, 2003, 10:44:43
AFAIK, there is little difference between 'spiritual' and 'physical'.
Matter, motion, and awareness. Matter and motion combined are energy, a vector, a function of logic. Logic, no different from the mind.
100  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Which Witch is Which? on: November 15, 2003, 10:39:56
quote:
Originally posted by Azaithoth999 the red

I told you so![Smiley]

quote:
Originally posted by Azaithoth999 the red
the purpose is 'to know' and 'to be'.

I am neither deaf, dumb nor blind.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10