The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 24, 2021, 05:05:10

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31
26  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: question concerning 'noticing' exercise on: June 27, 2013, 07:51:23
Yes, you sound like you are doing fine. I'd start

Have you been able to reach a mind awake/body asleep (F10) stage easily yet?

Cheers,
Contenteo
27  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: A strange ephiphany about lucid dreaming on: June 27, 2013, 07:48:21
Hey! Congrats! grin

When you finally collect enough phasing experiences to have a large and robust mental map of the AP phenomenon(a lot of experiences) I think you will realize that there really is only slight idiosyncrasies to the phasing process.

Yes, some attempts are quick, others go in from dream states, and others loop around for hours, but I see a solid repeatable series of events that occurs. Better said, that you feel. Of course, they are all very difficult to explain with words. That's why we have a decade of archives, I guess.  tongue

The real brain tickler is that you are only aware of a handful of these milestones each phase. And that handful changes. But once you get to know all the objects in the grab bag, all it takes is a query to which one you are feeling that evening, and reaching in and shuffling around for it for a bit. Find it, grab it and presto.

I would say that, It's one's awareness that seems to limit one's understanding, not the complexity of the phenomenon.

Cheers,
Contenteo
28  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Steps to Success in your First Projections on: May 13, 2013, 22:15:44
Yeah I can't say that first 10 minutes is the most exciting thing in the world. Its actually so boring that some nights I will simply not project because I don't feel like waiting the time to get into the mature state necessary.
Sleep paralysis is a messy term because there are so many states of depth once you have hit body asleep mind awake. Even then, there are many depths until you have hit a truly mature body asleep, mind awake state.

By teeth together, I simply mean your jaw isn't hanging ajar. It is much easier to get into a F10 state by simply allowing your two sets of teether to meet. If you are laying down without a pillow, this usually means your bottom jaw falling upward to meet your top one, but if you have 1-2 pillow, it means allowing your top jaw to rest gently on your bottom.

Cheers,
Contenteo
29  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Do "demons" really exist? on: May 01, 2013, 21:58:22
Intents exist only if you allow them too.

Yup, my apologies. That is wrong.
It seems I was typing fast again, like I talk. I meant, Intents, as in the things you possibly intend.
What I meant was, you have autonomy.
It is so easy to get misinterpreted without nonverbal communication present.

The statement was a bad summary of the idea that intents will instantly manifest themselves in the astral. Therefore, they will exist and affect you and your surroundings only if you allow them to exist.

I like your delineation between there being two types of fear. I never looked at it that way. I can reflect and agree that I have had times in my life, where my mind was fine, but my body was absolutely not. Eventually, that bodily fear affected my mental state.

Cheers,
Contenteo
30  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: I have to notice my physical on: April 29, 2013, 03:19:22
I know that exact breath Lion. Its my hurdle as well.

Recently, I have had a good amount of success with trying some of Franks old methods. I focus that my hypothalamus is a squishy ball and keep squishing it for about 5 minutes. If you are lucky there is a point where it feels like a light switch is flipped. The next thing you know you are in that nice placid zone past the breathing hurdle.

From there it is regrouping and then onto a phase attempt.

I found that it is easy to reach F18 especially easy with this technique.

Suzy, yes, your hearing is the last thing to really go. Your body goes first, then your eyes. I can't say I have ever tasted or smelt anything in this part of the process. But then with a loud zap/whooshing sound/feeling, the phase occurs.

Best of luck.

Cheers,
Contenteo
31  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: I have to notice my physical on: April 23, 2013, 08:12:01
Yes, breathing screws me up all the time too. I believe these are normals things.

My apologies, I was a little lax on that last concluding sentence. Its so easy to get misunderstood without nonverbal communication.
So, again, you can never 'let go' of the physical, because phasing is passive, you need to be focused on something else all together.
That wasn't the best 'beat a dead horse summary' I have ever written. I relied on grammar to carry my point.
The most simple I can make it is, "Even 'letting go' is a doing". It infers that there is something there to let go of. That a 'pushing away' must occur. This is not the case. You cannot push yourself into the astral, you must allow yourself to be pulled.

Also, to say there is something to let go of, I believe, dangerously implies one can 'pivot' into the astral. There is a pivot moment when phasing into the astral, except it is not you that does the pivoting, it is your perspective.  wink

To add some more into the convo

Most to all of my projections have been snapping back repeatedly after bouts of metaphysical imagery. This is a stair stepping pattern. Even though some of my conscious exists have been miraculously only one or two 'stair steps'.

I have personally become to believe, there is no point of no return zone in a phase, because as soon as you have acknowledged the point of no return windmill, I have found the phase is botched. That is where you have placed your perspective. When you hit that deep F15, no time zone, you better have some serious momentum behind you if you want a conscious exit, it's a totally different beast than drowsy exits.

Curious on your outlook on all of this, of course.  tongue

Cheers,
Contenteo
32  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: I have to notice my physical on: April 22, 2013, 06:26:25
I feel like I have to chime in because I may have been a culprit here. grin

It is about changing your perspective. A mental visualization is an intangible perspective. Listening to yourself breath is a physical perspective. Focusing on that 'ringing' in your ears is an intangible perspective. Focusing on not being able to feel you foot is a phsyical perspective. Focusing on the vibrations that occur when you focus on your forehead in just the right spot,  I would also count as an intangible perspectives. I think you get the idea.

As a newcomer, I always remember listening to outside sounds and never being able to phase. I wish someone told me that doing so was wrong back then. We focus on helping so much, I think we forget to inform/reinforce to people of what not to do. That's just as important as what you should be doing.

Its really more of an 'inward gaze' than anything. I guess external/internal are another good way to describe tangible and intangible.  cool

So, again, you can never 'let go' of the physical, because phasing is passive, you need to be focused on something else all together.

I personally find my best phases when I focus around where my hypothalamus is located. I had the sensation that Frank described as flipping a light switch(to get into F12) and have been hooked on it ever since. I visualize my hypothalamus is a little squishy ball and start squishing it in different ways. I consider that an intangible approach.   

Cheers,
Contenteo
33  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Phasing? on: April 22, 2013, 06:08:49
that the core part that any beginner would want to get their hands on is presented in a way where it is easy to misconstrue the process by which projection naturally happens
Couldn't agree with you more. This is exactly what happened to me. I wrote this after my first full-fledged exit.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_steps_to_success_in_your_first_projections-t33998.0.html

While we're busy shamelessly promoting, I might as well bandwagon.
grin

Cheers,
Contenteo
34  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Phasing? on: April 21, 2013, 01:28:25
You explain the phenomenon very well. I have seen the same questioned asked many times, but this is uncannily well described. I agree with Xanth, you seem to know what you are doing and are doing just fine.

You are a good ways into the F15-F18-F21 'corridor'. I bet that change in temperature can be described as a lull that softly encompasses you. Things tend to get even more distant at that stage.

This 'corridor' can be gone through a handful different ways, but once you have experienced them all a couple times, they become familiar. It is possible to go through it quick, or have it take a while. Experience describes them best.

F15 is Monroe's No time zone. Its where you lose track of physical time. Unfortunately that is the door that I/we can bring you too, but after that, its your adventure from there. There is no time, it disappears, so this is the cliff(good metaphor).

Have you read Frank's posts. He was a large proponent of the eyes rolled back method. I have tried it, but never really liked it all that much.

Cheers,
Contenteo
35  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Astral Entities on: April 19, 2013, 07:47:55
I had some dreams like that when I was little. Really scary stuff that compounds. This is the hallmark of any F21( personal mental palace) experience. I wouldn't worry too much. You just had proficiency + terribly scary thought.

Cheers,
Contenteo
36  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Do "demons" really exist? on: April 19, 2013, 07:45:29
Nope. The construct of the astral seems to be void of that stuff.

Intents exist only if you allow them too.

Part of the venture into the astral is the coping with fear. You will be exposed to Pure Unconditional Love, (PUL) simply the feeling of being in there is enough to convince. But before that, you will need to desire it.

Your first stop, if you do manage to project, will be one inside your own mental palace. IMO, This is why border trance states are so good for psychologists. If you can see the gunk built up in the engine, then you will know what you need to do to fix it. Of course, you will always be better then anyone else at cleaning out your mental engine, but that is an act that you must venture into bravely and conquer by your own volition.

Study around the archives here for a bit. There is some gems built up over the last decade, you just need to mine them. Best of luck. We are here if you have any more specific questions.

Cheers,
Contenteo
37  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Re: I want to go to this island... on: April 18, 2013, 04:21:20
I am far to conservative to agree to such a bold leap in logic from what I currently know.

However, I'd still like to add something because I cant actually disprove that notion.
It would agree with what I have read with Monroe and Campbell as well as I have visited well populated places that have been stable for what seems like days.

It raises questions and is certainly an interesting proposition.

Oh will, I came across this article the other day and thought of you. Halfway down.

Cheers,
Contenteo
38  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Do you communicate with spirits that are 'trapped' ? on: April 17, 2013, 09:05:47
Yeah, I don't remember when one of them didn't want to talk or converse in some way.

Usually the singled out ones are desperately lonely. I have an uncanny feeling this is what Monroe was talking about with F23. Little one/two entity personal belief system territories. Even the environments in which I find myself in these scenarios seem like places in which one person was trapped way too long. They are usually smaller in size and have boundaries to some degree. Very much like the entity was afraid if they created too far, they would lose what they have made.

It happens sporadically, but in my personal experience, I have not seen too many entities as of yet when I project into F21/my 'alleged' RTZ. If I do, they talk my head off or act surprised.

Cheers,
Contenteo
39  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I could do everything with matter! on: April 17, 2013, 05:00:59
I took a knife, and broke of part of it,just like it was made of bubble gum!

cheesy I love projection pretzel logic. You can't make this stuff up.

Cheers,
Contenteo
40  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Remember very well on: April 17, 2013, 04:55:52
You are beginning to see more perspectives.

Cheers,
Contenteo
41  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Out of Body Success & The Surge Of Energy on: April 17, 2013, 04:22:17
Surges of energy, nearly overwhelming at times, are fairly commonplace. I remember my first ones though. Jeez, what a doozy. I think I remember waking up with tears of joy in my eyes a couple times. Like anything, you acclimate.

grin You can see how your true intention was to phase. Even though you didn't want to, deep deep down the intention was there. That's pretty much how it works. Just because your 'want' on the surface doesn't translate to you deep deep down. Congrats. You have a shining example now. Use that.

Yes. I am glad it wasn't that scary. As for macro picture- it sounds like you have entered the first long straightaway of astral projection. You need to keep going and begin accumulating many experiences now that you seem to know the basics. Your goal should be to make a strong conceptual framework of what this phenomenon is. The strongest are frameworks that are both open to outside options but don't keep reshaping their foundation.

Write your experiences down, ask questions, make hypothesis and test them. Let the models be broken and rebuilt them further. The stronger your mental model, the stronger your intention will become and the better you will become at everything astral.

Cheers,
Contenteo
42  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: Journeys Out Of The Body on: April 15, 2013, 15:49:09
Plus reading his techniques apon how he exits are quite confusing..

Frank summarizes his beliefs about Monroe's Techniques around page 125 in his Posts pdf in the Astral Consciousness section of the Forum.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/franks_posts_pdf-t31449.0.html

In fact, the whole document is spattered with realizations and reflections about Monroe. I guess I chalk it up as an excellent follow up read to JOOTB.

Cheers,
Contenteo
43  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Remember very well on: April 15, 2013, 08:13:03
Yup! Congrats. Keep it up. It gets better.

Cheers,
Contenteo
44  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Terorised by poltergeist in my False Awakenings! on: April 15, 2013, 05:10:27
Interesting again, Not last night, but the night before, I had a false awakening/ Conscious exit. I kind of came out of body, you know, when you see what you think you would laying down, but you have that slightly floaty astral feeling and then kicked away my physical body. Afterward, I tried to manifest a sword. I try a lot, because I don't have the manifestation thing down fluently, intending something into existence is tough if you try too hard :/. And I made a wooden boken which eventually turned into this invisible sword( I knew it was there) that I could pulse little wrapping sparks of white electricity up. Definitely a more unique thing I have conjured. Is it anything like that?

Cheers,
Contenteo
45  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Can't seem to get to it on: April 14, 2013, 18:27:25
question :p

when you go back to bed after ...minutes, do you just go to sleep while thinking about oobe? or do you lay on your back, like in evening attempts? And will you sudenly be 'out' or is it easier if you use something like rope?

greets
herat Cheesy

The later. If you know how to get into a mind awake body asleep state. That's what you do. The night practice is to teach yourself the basics without getting too frustrated. Get to that state. Then lose yourself.

Frank said it best, you have to completely forget you have a body while maintaining full awareness. The rope technique is just one of countless ways you can convince yourself that you can still exist with a consciousness without feeling your body. I can't tell you when the projection will occur, because at the point it occurs, you have completely lost track of the physical world. Time doesn't even seem to exist at that point.

Just plunge ahead forward and don't look back. If you don't project, chances are you will have vivid dreams. Win-Win. Expectations will ponly hold you back.

Cheers,
Contenteo

*This is why Mind awake/body asleep AKA sleep paralysis AKA F10 AKA full body numbness is so important. Its tough to convince yourself you don't have a body when you can still feel it.
46  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Just some questions on: April 14, 2013, 18:15:53
Whose Consciousness?

My consciousness? Your consciousness? Our consciousness? AUM?

Don't forget the theory of relativity when you tackle this question.

Is all time created equal or is there two or more types of time?

Cheers,
Contenteo
47  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Terorised by poltergeist in my False Awakenings! on: April 14, 2013, 18:12:10
Funny enough, I had two long solid projections/stable coherent dreams last night. (Things have reached a point where some dreams, I am oblivious it is a dream, But a third party spectator to the events occurring to me.) I like it.  smiley

Point is, the theme that evolved halfway through the first, was we were being terrorized by a poltergeist. Little flames kept pooping up in hard to reach places around a larger version of my house. I kept having to go around and blow them out. They appeared in the air ducts and such.

At one point in between this, I was with my parents and my old (now deceised) bird who was sitting in a cage. And I said that cliche line, "If there is a poltegeist here, then...'and shook my hand'" The bird dropped dead and fell through the cracks. I said it again and the bird came back to life. Probably sounds traumatizing here in text, but there was no fear, just awe. It was a fun dream. I rather liked running around the house trying to find the flame. The last flame actually was outside my window, and it turned into a back to the future scene, vivid music and everything. Really cool stuff. Music in the astral is great.

I doubt this was a poltergeist because of the familiarity of the people in the house, classic F21. It was probably just fresh on my mind from this post.  grin The intent of my hand with the bird's death is a great example of how intent can manifest itself in F21. If you believe IT, and truly expect IT, IT will occur. Well thanks! I hope this sheds some light, a flame perhaps  tongue, on your poltergeist dilemma.

Cheers,
Contenteo
48  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Terorised by poltergeist in my False Awakenings! on: April 14, 2013, 08:57:10
Just reading through Franks posts and came across this gem. I like the perspective. Don't bring those things backto the physical.

There is one aspect to beware of, however, and that is: people who release uncontrolled "demons" on the Astral, soon end up having those very same entities controlling them - on the Physical.
-"Frank"

Cheers,
Contenteo
49  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: remembering your AP on: April 14, 2013, 06:18:08
They are for profit. They have to say stuff like that. What desert just said is more then right. Astral experience are etched into your memory way more hardcore then any physical memory. I remember pretty much all of my deeper ones in full. All of them. And I don't even try. You'll see, each one is very special.

Cheers,
Contenteo
50  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Floating Tank (Sensory Deprivation) and Astral Projection on: April 14, 2013, 06:14:02
Lol, salt cube forum. Nah, it was probably this one. I am pretty intrigued, though. Found out there is a center a few towns over, not even 15 minutes. I'll have to go talk to them. Thanks for the motivation! This should be fun, I hope I don't get too addicted. Tongue

Cheers,
Contenteo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31