The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 24, 2021, 04:26:39

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31
51  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Terorised by poltergeist in my False Awakenings! on: April 14, 2013, 05:48:29
A lot of my false awakenings are hellish too. I chalk this up to a bad phase/transition. I have had hundreds of these experiences, and I can tell you that there is definitely a gradient of dull/nasty muddy into crisp/Pleasent.

This being a lower level(in your local mental model) experience, I would expect this phenomenon of to be there. Kinda like a bad jam session(lots of dissonance) versus a on point one(lots of harmony). Some days the tuning just ain't there due to happenstance. It'd be a little weird blaming a poltergeist on my inability to hit notes just at the right time or mess up a little. We are humans in this experience, the rootcap of the plant, we aren't meant to be 100% efficient.

Cheers,
Contenteo
52  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Can't seem to get to it on: April 14, 2013, 05:42:42
Practice at night. Don't expect results, just get to know how deep you can go.

Attempt early morning. Wake up. Do chores till sleepy creeps back in. Non Normal place. Go as deep as you can. And then be willing to lose yourself in the visualzations.

NIght attempts don't really work for beginners. You gotta crawl first. smiley

Cheers,
Contenteo
53  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Re: Time on: April 11, 2013, 09:43:13
In the end, the universe tends to unfold as it should.

Cheers,
Contenteo
54  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Floating Tank (Sensory Deprivation) and Astral Projection on: April 11, 2013, 09:34:56
I'll just throw this here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_tank

Interesting stuff, never heard of them. I'm Intrigued. Sounds great for attempting projections. Talk about non-normal sleeping spot. Jeez. This'll do the trick alright.

Cheers,
Contenteo
55  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Astral Vision on: April 11, 2013, 09:27:59
Have you ever seen your face Suzy?

Mine is always covered or obfuscated in bizarre ways whenever I happen to have a glimpse through some means.

Oh, and I guess I never stated it in the main topic, but when I posted this initially, I was interested in whether we had two eyes or simply one perceptional lens, like a movie camera.

Cheers,
Contenteo
56  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Powerful, strange sensations. Are these good? on: April 11, 2013, 09:23:42
A friendly welcome to the Pulse as well,

Yes, roman said it well, you do sound like you are nicely on your way to having the mental acumen to project regularly. That numbness goes by the names F10, mind awake/body asleep, and sleep paralysis. Once you have your whole body essentially numb, that's the base of the launch pad. Those terms are good to know as you beginning to wander through the posts here.

There is a whole array of techniques to get deeper from there, but the F10/mind awake/body asleep is the meat and potatoes of projection. You'll always start out driving towards that state of mind. It used to take me 15-30 minutes when I was beginning. It probably takes be average about 5 now after a few years of constant practice, no longer then 10 minutes.

So keep up the practice grin Sounds like you're doing great!

Cheers,
Contenteo
57  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: A weird experience transitioning into the non-physical on: April 11, 2013, 09:15:10
Yes, I can't remember the last time I shut my eyes to enter some sort of sleep cycle and didn't have a dream or projection of some sort. The feeling becomes familiar as well. In addition, bad dreams don't really occur.

My emotional intelligence to turn perspective and relieve myself of bad feelings on the turn of a dime has pervaded my daily life as well and that weird feeling can be summoned by taking an inward gaze.

From everything I have read over the past years, this is normal. For my personal life, this feeling you describe has been the norm for quite some time. I can't imagine going through life comfortably without this ability.

Cheers,
Contenteo
58  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: Journeys Out Of The Body on: April 11, 2013, 09:03:21
Me too, I second this review. By reading these beginning stories you can really understand what Monroe had to go through to bring credence to this field of study. Its a nice blend of experiences and findings.

Definitely add to your reading list.

Cheers,
Contenteo
59  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What do you do once you enter the dark void? on: April 11, 2013, 09:00:20
That transition of feeling breath to no-breath is my conception of a light F12 state to a full-fledged F12 state. From that point all you need is some sinking feeling or a pulling upwards feeling and you are in that F12-F15-F18-->F21 gateway that Monroe and Frank talked about.

Its such a pain though, any thinking of breathing once you have disconnected yourself from it brings you right back to feeling it. Hands down my #1 annoyance in the art of projecting. Its fouled hundreds of my attempts.

F12 is such a big place though. There are so many flavors of it that I have experienced. I like accounting, but I cringe at the task of trying to quantify that. Its all black void in there.

Cheers,
Contenteo

60  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Just some questions on: April 11, 2013, 08:52:49
What if consciousness slows down the perception of time(speeds it up from our perspective) so much that the rate of evolution overtakes the linear nature of time. Would our new rate of evolution be the new time? Would consciousness itself then become time, the very thing it is built to perceive?

Sounds much like a derivative/integral relationship to me.

Cheers,
Contenteo
61  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE or? on: April 11, 2013, 08:47:19
Sounds like you fell into the phasing process without knowing and popped yourself out of it when you realized those feelings.

The pull upward(towards the crown of your head) does feel magnetic, energizing, and is accompanied, or sometimes not, by vibrations that feel electrifying. This is also accompanied by hypnotic visual and audio phenomenon. I would definitely give it the word 'elation.'

If you weren't going phase, you were probably going F18, which is more body centric. Kind of an in between zone.

Sounds like a good experience to me. If you can get back to that place and focus in on that feeling and forget about the physical realm then I'd have money on you projecting or at least something exciting. Best.

Cheers,
Contenteo
62  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: whats your take on time? on: April 11, 2013, 08:41:23
The intangible sequence tied to a two dimension plane that can curve into three dimensions with the help of consciousness.

Cheers,
Contenteo
63  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: I think I helped someone on: April 11, 2013, 08:39:07
Don't forget that death(hence NDEs) are forced projections of sorts. In many conceptual frameworks, these NPR's are categorized as lower planes of the astral. Kinda of like a singular individual hell or limbo state in which the dreamer perpetually creates. When people have traumatic deaths you can imagine that they must cope with the limited information they had of what reality was before they are 'cut off'. This is all widely verified subjective data of course.

I am going to echo Szaxx about the retrieval, because it does sound like one to me as well. A little peculiar one, but one none the less. If I had your experience, that's what I would chalk it up to.

How wide was the environment? Was it super detailed and intricate? I usually put the amount of details past a simulation test. If my perception of the environment was beyond what I could regularly imagine, it most likely is some deeper stable structure that you stumbled upon. I have stumbled upon a number of F23(smaller belief system territories, like this one. Arguably F22) And they all generally feel like an individual was confined to one location for WaaaaaaY too Long empowered with the tool pure creative autonomy about their surroundings.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Contenteo

64  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Astral Vision on: April 10, 2013, 05:20:05
Ok,

Warning: Graphic, but interesting.

So I had an interesting NPR experience/dream last night that absolutely belongs here. I don't have bad dreams often, but this one was interesting. After a string of dreams, and waking up a few times as early morning came in. I had this one dream, not a familiar place, but with a few familiar people. Probably 8 in total. 3 people I definitely knew. I was in a weird set of rooms that was set up like a ropes course. You had to go around the outside. I went along the outside, which it was a very far fall in the middle and through some sort of events swung and hit the edge of my temple very hard on a piece of wood. It wasn't bad, but it was swollen. I kept thinking it was bad, and of course, it slowly got worse. Worse and worse and worse progressively, until my right eye itself was thrashed. I was kind of freaking out at this point, you know asking people for medical help, but there was none in the vicinity. the people around me were saying things like, '$hit dude, that's bad' i even got a couple of third person glimpses of myself with a thrashed eyeball. Not the prettiest sight. it even bulged out at the very end. The intesting thing though, was that at that point. I stopped seeing out of my right side of my vision. Yes, it had the same appearance as it stopped working. I remember vividly freaking out, hitting the side of my head like a television set, hoping it would snap back. But that part of my vision was gone.

At this point I woke, up, a little early, but stayed up. I didn't want to go back to that  grin. The main idea isn't the nightmare occurred,  At no point was I scared, just worried about losing my right eye. You can see the F2- perpetual effect phenomenally in this experience.

My point is that I definitely had two eyes in this experience. And a shining example of it too dare I say.

Cheers,
Contenteo

65  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: 2 Minutes 2 WILD on: April 08, 2013, 02:48:18
Why are so many people so fixated on binaural beats?

I couldn't agree more.

We derive Bin-aural beats from the Monroe's initial experiments into astral projection. He hosted a party of sorts at a hotel where then brought subjects in one after another and gave them binaural beets and allowed them to nap/sleep. The results from these first experiments is where the entire field was able to get large scale attraction.

I have found they force me into a full F12 state where I am not able to project. I don't even find it pleasant, however I know the way. They serve there purpose as training wheels quite effectively.

Cheers,
Contenteo
66  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Internconnection between the Astral and Phsyical Planes on: April 08, 2013, 02:43:07
How do you think the astral plane and physical plane are interconnected?

Is it like stacks of paper? Oil and Water? Like milk mixed into coffee? Or possibly does Monroe's metaphor of electrical phase differential work best for you? It is where we adopted term from.

Cheers,
Contenteo
67  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What do you do once you enter the dark void? on: April 08, 2013, 02:32:34
 sad I hate this terminology sometimes.  Which black void?? huh

I know I might drop Monroe F-bombs all the time with his conceptual framework, but it's to foster verifiability and comparability. It's a taxonomy to something very very non-palpable.

So, There are so many black voids on the way to a projection.
I am pretty sure, I know the black-void, you all are talking about, but I would chalk that up to more of a wormhole then a void.

Could you describe the events leading up to this void?

And I am interested in hearing some more description of what your personal description of this black void is. Can you hear yourselves breath still? Could you move your body if you want? Is it chaotic? Calm? How long does it usually take to get there? Milestones along the way? How long have you focused on your 'third eye' area. Have you past the sinking feeling?

Cheers,
Contenteo

68  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: My plans for the astral plane. Are they realistic? on: April 08, 2013, 02:23:57
I am sorry for your loss.  cry

No, none of those are unreasonable for a training ground (Frank's early term for F21 experiences). If you get a winning projection, you can do just about anything. In addition, training turns you into a tuning fork of sorts. You'll be able to do all sorts of interesting stuff after a while.

If you are serious about the training, it takes regiment and discipline for a number of months at least. I recommend scouring through all the stickies here and definitely delving into Frank's compendium that Xanth put together. I often joke about the archives of this forum being a Akashic record in themselves. You just gotta go digging.

Best of luck on your journey. It sounds noble. Ask away.  grin

Cheers,
Contenteo
69  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Methods on: April 08, 2013, 02:15:50
how hard do i focus on the visualization?

Let me change 'focus' to elaborate.

You add and add and add until you let it carry you away.

This of, course is preceded by putting yourself into an F10 state.

Accompany this by a number of 'snappings' out of the visualization.
You want to do this each time to get deeper and deeper.

First, hit F10, The body is slightly-to-well numb.
Then you'll hit F12. You won't be able to feel from you torso down. The black turns vast. Lots of colors and stuff.
Then F15, you get the quintessential sinking into the bed feeling. Its the same one as you feel when coming out of a falling dream.

Now, and only now, look for those vibrations and attempt the rope technique, or whatever. Really, its vibrations, then a magnetic-like pull upwards towards the crown of your head. You feel like sinking and floating up.

At this point you have to not think about the phsyical world at all. This is very tough. Its like you are threading a needle, but you are the thread. And 'physical thoughts= no phase for you'. Its just Robert Monroe instead of the Soup Nazi.

Best. Its a long haul, but well worth the effort.

Cheers,
Contenteo

P.S. I find many people look for the vibrations too early and then when they get them are not sufficiently disconnected from the physical to have a high enough percentage of getting out. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by pulling the trigger too early. Aim well, and Fire.
70  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: 4/2/13 The Old Lady on: April 08, 2013, 00:11:10
yea it seemed like that. just now two people where talking about dates, and stuff. And 1971 pooped into my head when i wasn't thinking. Then someone said over the phone 1971!!!! They where talking about the woman that died.

Hell, it could have even been your guide. Information seems to come in mysterious ways. In any event, it seems this came to you , not you to it.

Cheers,
Contenteo
71  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Sharing astral journeys and dreams on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:24
I too, will echo desert. A lot of people claim to have, however, I believe this is simply a misconception of the initial/lower levels of the astral.

When you exit, it most often is into your own 'mental/memory palace'. The, Hera if you will, of your mind. Logically, This tends to be a realistic depiction(a detailed mental framework) of where you last were before you passed out. Of course, as for people, this is  accompanied with varied conceptual frameworks of people in your life(how they exist in your mind. If you delve into some Freud books, you can see this is where he did a lot of his dream work and deduction about carnal instincts.

I can only vouch for my own personal experimentation and recording, but I find that as you go 'deeper,' The setting changes to unfamiliar territories and the entities go from a one unfamiliar face to hundreds, sometimes thousands of unfamiliar faces. And this is any one particular scene. The landscape gets proportionally as vivid(cared about, if I can dare to be that poetic) I have seen deep enough to know that my brain is not powerful enough to imagine all the tiny intricacies of these landscapes and simulate the movements of all those people. So there is some phenomenon out there where we can connect with other entities. That of, I am sure. So there is some sort of premonition/information network present in the astral phenomenon.

But as for meeting people planned, buddy-buddy, let's drink an astral beer ands shoot the $hit on the lower levels of the astral? Let me use one of my favorite metaphors. Phasing like a boiling a pot of water. When you start to focus on your third eye and get those vibrations, etc. It's like putting a flame under the pot. The game is to catch a bubble and ride it too the top. Imagine really small down where the water is just hitting simmering and your dream is just a lone little bubble. Depending on how much momentum you have will dictate how well you can aggregate into other bubbles. But as a heating up an oxygen atom, How much autonomy do you have in this situation to choose to group with another very specific atom across that entire pot of water?

I don't think it is highly likely. Can it? Meh. There's a remote chance. But besides the experts on top of the pay-me-first-pyramids, I haven't heard of any down to earth solid evidence. Most claims seem to be dream interpretations of personal mental/memory palaces.

Don't get discouraged. With the rise of cell phones those people can bother you anytime.  grin Use this time to get away and go float somewhere.  tongue

Cheers,
Contenteo
72  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: a few questions on: April 03, 2013, 08:02:52
Yes, this can be a good time to project. Probably waiting until 4 am would be a little better. Get up, clean the house, do some other chores, and when you get tired and get that 'screw this feeling' that's when you lay down in your non normal sleeping place and attempt.

Projections, like dreams will seem so real, that you will not be able to distinguish them from reality. This is ironic, because we all know how wacky dreams are. Things will change when you change your POV. As for it being 'like' reality. It will be better then reality. You actually 'Feel' the environment around you. It is incredible. As for vividness, I don't think I have have experienced anything else in my lifetime as vivid as a crisp projection.

3. Yes. I have actually had a couple experiences like that. When I practice rigorously, this tends to occur. Unlike I thought it would be on the outset, I find it to be quite exhausting. It takes substantial time to remember what you were doing the day before. When you have repeated nightly experiences. It really throws what reality is into perspective.

Great questions.

Cheers,
Contenteo
73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: 4/2/13 The Old Lady on: April 03, 2013, 07:48:22
Well definitely sounds authentic. The no panicking thing is exactly like those things roll. I with newcomers would take heed of these types of posts  undecided

From all the info you gave us, its tough not to draw the obvious correlation to solve you problem.

I am more curious of the fact that you were still around your house when this event occurred. Can you give us more details about the landscape in the back of the house?

Cheers,
Contenteo
74  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Did I astral project or was it just a dream on: April 03, 2013, 07:39:09
I am with the NPR answer. When you see people that you know. Its pretty much your basic subconscious you are roaming around. I relate these to Monroe's (F21) experiences. When you start having lunch with 5 to 6 people that you have never met before and are having a vivid experience of what is being said. That's when I would be more pressed to say you were in the astral.(These would be more F24-26 [BST's]) Then I would start using that word for that experience.

Lunch, one girl, familiar place, familiar face = highly unlikely its the 'astral'

Cheers,
Contenteo
75  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Steps to Success in your First Projections on: April 02, 2013, 16:43:14
1. Let's just say, as a beginner, you first projection is going to occur well after you reach that mind awake/body asleep state.

2. Won't happen. There is some solid arguments that you are never in your body to begin with. You are a intangible being having a tangible experience. Not other way around. Probably same room attempts is a bad idea. You need to not focus on the physical to phase.

3. There are a number of plateaus as you put your body alseep, (F10, F12, etc.) I use, different strategies for different levels on different nights. Only mantra you need is a strong imagination.

4. The majority of what is written in this thread already outlines that you need to take a passive approach, not wield an arsenal of techniques. That will never get you there. Sleep paralysis can take up to 15-20 minutes some nights. Just take deep breaths and relax. It sounds like you are pretty up tight about this stuff. You need to be really relaxed for projection to occur. I have never heard of anyone forcing a projection.

5. Soul? Again, it never left you body. If you have ever had one of those 20 minute naps that seems like hours in the dream world, the experience we be very much like that. It's nothing too radically different then anything you have experienced yet. Just a lucid dream.

6. Do i control how long my astral projection lasts? Can i do it for hours?
There have been a number of threads on this in the past. The overwhelming consensus is that the average 'full-control' projection experience lasts about 3 minutes. I have had experiences that have last seemingly hours.

7. When you project, it is to my belief and understanding that you are not in the 'this' reality, but a 'lower level' of you imagination. So it a reflection of what you imagine your surroundings to be before you pass out. I have had countless projections now, and none of this stuff has ever occurred. Nor have I heard about it occurring to anyone else.

8. Let's just get mind awake body asleep first, then you can worry about reaching the alleged upper stages enlightenment.

9. Yes, laying there + vibrations + forgetting who and where you are = projection. You need to practice and get to mind awake body asleep. That's like asking how to do a derivative before you even know how to multiply.

10.IMO, Body chakras are a conceptual framework of understanding. They are much like 7 notes of a musical scale.

Cheers,
Contenteo

P.S. meeshatech - you have to relieve yourself of you last perspective, in this case, the physical, and then you'll just seemingly slip into a world that appears like reality, but is not. You will believe it to be reality, but there will be strange differences and you will think nothing of them. Like a dream, you will not realize what has happened until you are engrossed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31