The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 18, 2021, 18:29:25

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
26  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Log out? on: April 21, 2002, 04:38:57
I realised that I never really log out when I leav the forum. Every time
I go to the forum the practical cocki recognices me and, there I am recognised by the site ready to writ my posts- well is this wrong, should I log out every time I leav the site? Might it be that the site thinks that I am am present al the time otherwise?

Be Blessed!

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --
27  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Drinking/ nightlife habits on: April 20, 2002, 04:41:10
Hi ! I have been thinking about what kind of drinking /nightlife habits might be common amongst people who are into spiritual development.
I have always been a bit of an asket, and really prefere to sit at home reading or meditating on a frday night, rather  then going to pubs or night clubs.And alcohol is something that I generally try to avoid to, just as I would never smoke- it would feel un pure in some way.

well would be fun to hear about your habits!

Be blessed

-Flow like water-
-Aum-
28  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / about to break... on: April 17, 2002, 15:39:21
I have been relly down the last days- and I feel Iike I was about to have a  mental break down any minute... I know as Qui-Richard says that life should be about spiritual development- but right now I just cannīt use my mind for any usefull activity- Iīm just too caught up in some wierd mentall grey blanket.
I know this is kind of a pathetic post....but I really have no where else to turn right now. And by god I could need some positive ideas- this is really getting to me.

dose anybody have any good ideas on how to get back up on the bright side? some thought or what ever that could help.

Bless ya al!

29  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Biking on: April 16, 2002, 04:44:26
Hi! My first post on the new improved forum- pretty cool http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

Well, I was just curious if there are other people out there who like me love
to bike at a break neck speed. I used to have a mountain bike- but sadly
it was one of those cheap asian ones, so after a year or so it was really not as good as it should have been... Now I have a good old fashion three gered bike, wery stable and strong.. but not really as quik in the stearing as a mountainbike - and the weight... huh!
.Anyhow, it is quite a great feeling to go fast with a bike- when a certain speed is reached one really melts together with the bike and it becoms an extention of the body- and the the concentration is fully in the moment, actually itīs a bit like meditation! This is specially noticeable when on bikes
in the city between cars and people.

I will probably buy a mountain bike again when I gett the mony- but next time
Iīll go for a good one... and then I will try to go out into the woods with it.

Felix

30  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / The Fall- unity and duality on: April 14, 2002, 06:27:47
Every religion has the idea of a fall or breaking from the divine of some kind.

I myselfe belive that this has to be seen as a change from unity to duality. In unity there is only one- thus no possibility for experience. So the unity breaks up into duality, and now there is possiblility for experience... but why?

If the goal is to reach unity again, why then the break the union in the first place?  When the unity is once again gained (if this is the goal of creation), what then?- the original state would have been reached and the problem of no possibility of experience would arise again.

Could this be a constant movement? Like samasara, the wheel of life and death- a cosmic wheel of duality and union? Perhaps everytime
reaching higer levels.

Only my mind spinning this rainy sunday morning.

I would be gald to hear some ideas about this!

31  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / demon- whats the correct definition? on: April 14, 2002, 04:53:19
I was wondering if there might be a difference in the definition of the word demon between the way it is used here and the way it is usually used in western magick...

A demon to me is a spiritual entity, neither good nor bad- just
another word for spiritual entity.

Some seem to consider the word to imply that the entity in some way is bad or negative- as opposed to an angel.

I noticed that someone mentioned that Crowley had a Demon guardian- I think that Crowley was on of those who used the word demon as astral entity.

I would like to hear your definitions!

32  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Praying on: April 13, 2002, 07:09:39
I have been thinking alot about the fenomenon of praying.

My belife system has never involved a "personal god", and thus
praying has never seemd to have any point to me.

I have heard about studies done on in the US, where they studied people in a hospital, and came to the conclusion that the ones who prayed or WHERE PRAYED FOR got healthy again faster. Now if this is true, that is wery interesting.

Prayer might be a form of atracting inner energys, or perhaps there is some sort of entintys that actually respond to prayers. There might even be a "personal God", who knows?

But then if there was a persoanl God that liked to healp,
what would the difference be between prayer and thought?

If a large group sitt an a plain that is about to crash, there should be enough mental "screaming out for help" that a divine entity that hears parayers should be able to detect this too.
But somehow this usually has no effect?  why?

Has anybody of you ever actaully gotten help or response
to prayers? It would be wery interesting to know.

Pleas note, Iīm not trying to attac anybodys belifs- Iīm just curious.

33  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Depressions on: April 13, 2002, 04:57:44
I get these kind of deep depressions seemingly from out of nowhere every now and then. I can spend a whole day quite happily, and the suddenly in the evning I might gett really depressed. I guess I always have some reason for it- at least in a way- it might be something real life problem that I have, but normally not get that bothered by- and then suddenly there is a deep depression hitting down on me with ful force. I am a rather happy and positiv personality normaly really.  

has anybody had similare experiences?

One interesting thing about this is how strong sensations you get when beeing really down. A deep depression is really feelt in the whole body- itīs abodily senation.
Itīs almoust like beeing really in love but the other way round- I guess it has to have some effect on the nervous system and the psi energy- but if it is good or bad?

Bless ya al!

34  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / What energy? on: April 08, 2002, 04:35:35
I have a question about the energy that is raised with the NEW system.
What kind of energy is it and where dose it come from? Dose it actually enter the body through the feet and hands? If I draw energy from my surroundings- dose that have an depleting effect on the energy level of the surrounding? After all the energy has to come from some where. Or is it just a matter of expanding the energy already present in the energy body.

I have read about things like psyhic vampierism, and many people seem to belive that you can establish a energy conecction to another person and then drain them on there energy. Of course this would be a horrible thing to do. Is there any possibility that one dose this unconciously? That a honest atempt to rais energy in the NEW manner might affect people around you? That the you unconsioulsly drain someone else instead of raising the energy yourselfe. Or that you do something similar in interaction with other people just as a habit,
since the energy raising has become a habit. I guess that this seems unlikely- but some people might have a naturall "gift" for establishing these energy conections with other people... and perhaps drain others against there wake consiousness will, because this energy might be stronger or easier to get.

I hope this all makes some kind of sense

Would this energy be able to sustain the physicall body fully or partially? Would increased NEW and trance work lover the bodily need for usual food?  

I have heard about people who claim to be able to practically no food at all- some even say that they can take in all there energy through
other channels than the usuall way through food.
I have never meet anybody like this though- and untill I see it with my own eyes, I probably whant belive it fully.

But it seems logical that it should be possible to take some of the energy for the body from energy work.

Any opinons?

35  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / sending energy as a way of saying hello.. on: March 26, 2002, 12:51:54
I was sitting on lecture today, and saw a friend sitting a bitt further in front in the lecture hall, and thought that it would be nice to get his atention without actually talikng out loud, since that would be a wery unapropriate thing to do during the lecture.
I thought about all those times when you see someone you know walking by, and you want there atention, but for some reason they canīt hear you and you still want there atention... , is there any way of geting there attention "mentaly"?
Like if you sit in a cafe and se your friend passing by outsie the window in the street and you canīt really shout through the window..and you cannot leav your seat- and you have forgotten your mobile phone at home...

Might it work to raise energy and send in there direction? Or is ther some other way? Because it would be one wery practiacll skill!

Be blessed!

36  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / NEW on: March 25, 2002, 16:36:55
I have encounterd a smaler problem with my NEW work- itīs undurable tedious.. It quite frankly boors me to death. This makes it hard to keep it up. Well and thatīs just the first problem...

The main problem is that I am a real sceptic(a healthy thing to be  IMOH). How do I know that the work I put into NEW actually has any effect? Yes, I have sensed some strange sensations when doing it- but nothing that could not be explained with imagination, or some other psychological fonomena.

The trance work/meditation at least give the challange and pleasure of ignoring an uncomfortable asana and overcome it. I konw that the meditation and the skill to deliberatly go into trance can be wery usefull- so there is a point in that. At least it releavs stress.

But the NEW system... I do belive in it! I do belive at least 50% of the things Robert Bruce writes about in AD. But the again,
until I have experienced and proved everything myselfe, there is no possibility to really know if its true.

I belive that the the astral plane is wery subjective- even more subjective than the physiacl world. So it might be wery hard to gain Objective knowledge about it- but of course in the personal case of each individual and there experiences , to them it is objective (subjective) true!

Hm.. It was not my intention to to question anybodys belifes.
I just have the problem that doing NEW I sometimes get the anoying thought that it is just.. well,not that real.

But of course I do belive in it- otherwise I wouldnīt try NEW.

So, any good advices to get me across the first threshold of
boordom of doing the exercises of the NEW system,
or at least some spectacular storys about strong experiences with the NEW system that has convinsed you people that it isnīt just a mild form of self infused ilusion/delusion!

37  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Asanas on: March 14, 2002, 07:10:02
I have been been trying to find a good asana for
quite a while now. I actually prefere to sit on the
floor cross leged, but this way after thirty minutes
my legs start to hurt and get numb- and naturally getting
out of the posture is a another problem.... The lovly
stinging half numb sensation in the legs when you try
to unfould them.
Is this something that is actually damaging the fysicall
body? Or is it just a pain to ignore?

Is there any other asana that is as good, but without the
side effects of the cross leged one? (no, itīs not even a full
Lotus I sitt in..)

How do I know when I have reached the different trance states?

38  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Amazing Website--PLEASE check this out!!! on: July 22, 2004, 07:29:17
Call me conservative- but, honestly that was just stupid.
One wonders why anybody creats such a webpage? or why somebody spreads it?
Lets unravle the mystery. out of the blue suddenly a screaming head pops up shouting... oh.. so funny...
39  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / internet addicts on: July 21, 2004, 05:25:28
Heya!

I took a look at Rense, and found this article about soy.
I have to confess that beeing an vegetarian I am kind of an soy addict too. Acording to this article soy should be pretty unhealthy.
I don't know how trustworthy this article is- but if it is true (and it has one impressive amount of scientific foot nootes) then perhaps I should find something else to eat.
What do you think Qi-Rickard ??

http://www.mothering.com/10-0-0/html/10-6-0/soy-story.shtml

No.Actually I'm no real net addict.. Or better.I like to do some things on the net everyday, but I don't spend to much time infront of the computer. I listen to radio to- but I usally listen to german or spanish radio to practice my language skills..
But these other radio shows 'rense' and 'mysteries..' what are they about? anything interseting?
40  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Member's Pictures!! (Loading time) on: July 19, 2004, 09:51:03
Qi-richard - that's one nasty side of you mate [Smiley]
41  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Member's Pictures!! (Loading time) on: July 18, 2004, 12:38:55
Techno- You really look different on the new picture!
Would be funn to se a bigger picture.
42  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Is obe really what you think it is? on: July 16, 2004, 06:39:46
I have never had an oobe, I have tried some times some time ago, but never succeded. I think this might be due to the fact, that to be honest, I am quite afraid of leaving the body..

Well. Just some brief toughts:

I have studied religion on the university, and some of that in the filed of psychology of religion. We had a book with examples of religios "haluciantions", and there where was a model that showed which life sircumstanses that could trigger an religious halucination. It was pretty interesting. According to the psychologicall theory you need to be in a state of great stress or similar, life crisis, and the mind responds buy creating a vision that sooths the mind and restors the order so to speak.
The interesting thing is that one of the "school examples" of an religios halucination was what on this forum would be named an OOBE.
And many people actaully can produce this on will. That is kind of an controdiction to the psychological theory.

I have thought a bit about the internet. Would it not be possible to have the internet as an analogy for the astral plane. Perhaps there is such a thing as an "astral internet", where you can hock up and download information.. that could explain almoust everything.
Memories of previous lifes, telepathy, oobe..
I have no clu how this would work though. My point is only that there could be a way for the human body to get information about things outside of it, without the usuall senses. Just think about my computer, in a magicall way it is both in my living room here on my desk, and in the same time far away on a virtual webbsite, or looking at a vista in spain through a webb camera..
I can find information about things that I could never get to know with my body only, when sitting here.
This was not meant as a si-fi theory... Only a metafor.

So, how many of you here on the forum have actually managed to get solid evidence that it is possible to gain information about the physicall world while doing oobe.
Then on the other hand, if the OOBE would be on a diffrent plane than the physciall, how could it be possible to do the card tric for example?

43  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Loud Knocks on: July 13, 2004, 06:17:10
often while falling a sleep my body yerks, and this wakes me up.
I know that this is a pretty common phenomenon. I know that many people that meditate hear strange sounds or get "halucinations".
I think that alot of that can be the minde playing tricks. The mind is not used to the lack of outer impulses, and reacts with somekind of sound/visual phenomenon.

I think that knocks while sleeping migth be some kind of mental equvalent to the bodily spasm that some people can get in the zone between sleep and wake.

44  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Helicopter game (Addictive!) on: July 12, 2004, 10:25:44
After many flights I have reached the bottom score 270!
If you cannot be best why not be worst?
45  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / "In touch" with nature? Wow. on: July 10, 2004, 03:43:06
I guess most people at this forum would agree to a certain degree- after al this is a higtech interenet forum....

But throwing out the TV really isn't a bad idea- so much on TV is so stupid that it can make an average intelligent being cry. Tehcnonlogy dosn't have to be bad as long as it is a help and a tool, the problem is when material things begin to replace humans and good old human ways. Many people choose to live in a city environment al there lives and choose to replace actuall nature and experience through watching TV or playing computer games. That dosn't seem to healthy to me. I am not saying that we should live in huts in the wood, but I really think that we need to get out into the fresh air every now and then and see some green nature, be it in a park or in the wilde. After al, we have more in common with the trees and shurbs then with the comouters, we are part of the nature.
from dust to dust...

46  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / That special thing.. on: July 09, 2004, 09:36:57
Well Qui-richard,
I guess you'll have to do some nice little dance for our northern weather gods to make them stop the rain first[Wink]
47  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / funny stuff on: July 09, 2004, 06:42:54
Nagual- that didn't sound as a joke- more like a statement.
Sadly I feel that it has alot of truth in it.

48  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / That point in life where you stop... on: July 09, 2004, 05:38:53
Hi there!
I am in the magical age of 26 too. I have started to feel old (yes, this must seem like a joke to al of you who are older...).
In my case I think It is the realisation that I am closing in on thirty... and thirty is a kind of a magical turning point in life where you go from jung to adult over night in way.. Heeeelllp!!
But I guess you could have those low points at any age. Somtimes I think that it can be a reaction to being at the wrong place at the wrong time so to speak. Your current life situation is in one way, and the life situation that would have been ideal is quite something else. Perhaps the best thing is to try to change the life situation, Chanege the environment one is in, try to change what is happening..
then again, perhaps... the best thing is to learn to live with life as it is- after al, there will always be things that not go our way. I really don't know what is better. As many teachings say, we shall learn to be pleased with the things we have. But then the question arises, where dose beeing pleased stop and where does giving up/resignation start? To a certain degree, I really think we should work to try to reach our goals. perhaps somewhere inbetween lies the middle way. Trying to change the changeable but learning to appreciat or at least live with and learn from the unchangeable.

49  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Sexuality vs Spirituality on: June 11, 2004, 10:18:26
For me sexuality is still a mystery. I am in a relationship and have an active sexuallife. For me though, sex seems to be more of an animal instinct then anything else. I just think about walking in town on a summers day (like today) and seeing al the beautifull girls everywhere.. I have to confess that I do feel a storng sexual desire when I see them. This might sound shallow, but I think that this actually is the normal reaction for many men. Sex in a relationship can be differnt sometimes, sometimes it can be the ultimate union with the person one loves, and othertimes it can be just sex...
And after al, the sexdrive is the reason that the race survives, so it is neither starnge nor bad. But sex can probably be used as a spiritual tool, if it used in the right way. It can be an extention of love, and thet should be considered as a spiritual thing I guess.
yoga means union. Yoga can be experienced with al things though..
You can feel a union with nature, with al living..

Personally I can have a strong craving for sex sometimes, and after having pleased the craving I can feel a bit empty.. afterwards I never understand how it could seem so important.. Perhaps those times it has been pure repitle-brain instinct.
50  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Learning to see Aura's on: May 16, 2004, 12:07:44
if you look at an object and then move your eyes and se the same shape in a blue coulure- than it's only an after image.
Don't confuse afterimgaes with auras. If you move your eyes slightly, you can se a blueline arond the object you look at- after coulours..
If you see the field around the whole object- then parhaps it's an aura..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11