The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 06, 2021, 19:41:48

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Introduction and a Theory on: April 29, 2006, 20:24:38
catmeow and token, I am really enjoying this thread!

I do not think there really is a difference between "reality" and the "astral." I think religions did their best in describing it with medaphors, but people took it to literal.

Like the concept of heaven and hell only existing after you die. I think it is possible for a person to experience "hell" while living along side another person who may be experiencing "heaven." The astral is all right here, along side us everyday.

Multi-demensional theories like string theory, for example, have the requirement of different demensions to exist in order to understand and predict the behavior of subatomic particles. Membranes of different universes or demensions that  exist paralell to each other and interact with each other on a level that we cannot see. Just like you explained how we are not permited to see infront of the sweeping shadow.

When I first started having obe's and the like, I used to fantasize all the time about time travel, and telepathy and got really caught up in the new age aspect of it, while all of my friends just thought i was either crazy, or too influencial.

But, now I think I have come to realize this. Every person here, living on earth, creates their own reality wether they are aware of it or not. Just has how some of my friends may think I am crazy because I claim to have Obes, which for me is real. But for them, they cannot fathom the possibility of this, and so it is not real in their reality. Who is to say that I am right, and they are wrong? We are both right, for our worlds that we create for ourselves.

An example, some people, believe the earth is hollow at its core. And for them, it is. It is their reality that they create for themselves. Skeptics that think "wow this person is just nuts" For them, the earth is not hollow at its core. People that can be convinced that it is hollow, change their realities. They assume it was hollow all along, they just didn't know it, but infact they created it to be hollow for themselves. If you can understand what I am trying to say.

I do not think people are as limited as they think they are in the physical. Not in the sense of what is possible in the astral, but in the sense of what is possible in the physical, that partains to the rules and boundaries of living in todays world.

People are exactly where they are in life because they chose to. They create their own realities. But because people do not realize they have a choice, they can fall into hell and not know that all this time they could be experiencing heaven.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Swearing - *&%#$ on: April 29, 2006, 18:39:46
hahahah tvos wtf?   lmao
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Heart Chakra on: April 21, 2006, 05:37:47
According to Robert Bruce, it is not actually the physical heart that is beating rapidly, but the heart chakra. I have never verified this but have experieced it.

In order to get past it, don't let yourself become excited or nervous. Be passive about it.

Also, this tend to happen to me when I am focusing on my heart, or the pulse throughout my body while I am meditating.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Going Inward on: April 21, 2006, 05:30:24
I am pretty sure I know what you are talking about. But I've never tried it while out of body, I use it while meditating. Sort of like being inverted through your heart chakra.

About confronting your sorrow. Last time I used this technique, I was able to go deeper than I had ever previously done so, and what resulted was definitly a confrontation of a huge inner problem I have been facing for the last several years. Before this, I was never even aware of it, it never came to surface. That last expirance answered alot of questions regarding my feelings.

I did not intend to face an inner problem,  when I did this, it just happened. So I believe my experience could be what you are refering to.  

I'd love to hear the exercise.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / OBE in RTZ usually hard to move on: April 14, 2006, 23:36:34
sorry i didn't have time to talk about it in dpeth in my last reply, i was in a hurry so I just copied the link incase you missed that thread.

I try to raise my energy when this happens, and most of the time after I can get past a small distance from where I first projected,  I am fine.

Hope this helps.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / OBE on ESPN on: April 14, 2006, 23:34:20
Yes I saw this too, very interesting.

You realize that the only reason this was on espn is so they can poke at him and make fun of him. "oh look at the has been baseball player that used to be great, he lost his mind now. hes an alcoholic. hes crazy."

:rolleyes:

So, are you an alcoholic?

No not really. I drink when I go out with friends, or at bars and ball games.

So you are an alcoholic. Didn't you just come out of rehab?

Well it was either stay in jail for a year or do a few months of rebhad on my own. What would you have done?

SO you are al alcoholic! you cant hide it. Thats why you are crazy and think you are having obe's. its because your an alcoholic.

:rolleyes:
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / OBE in RTZ usually hard to move on: April 14, 2006, 03:16:06
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22664
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / feeling like I am drunk during obe on: April 09, 2006, 01:47:35
upstream, I am a little confused by your post, but sounds interesting. Care to translate into layman's terms? lol, thanks.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / feeling like I am drunk during obe on: April 08, 2006, 02:08:26
Great post catmeow, thanks.

Any pointers on how to fix this in case it happens again?
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / feeling like I am drunk during obe on: April 07, 2006, 20:19:29
yea I did talk to my roomate this morning but he never remembers his dreams.

After thinking about it for a little bit, I think that the force causing me not to move could have been from getting "stuck" by the physical body. I've read a few times how sometimes you can have trouble moving if you are near your physical body.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / feeling like I am drunk during obe on: April 07, 2006, 16:32:36
a few questions regarding to my post:
1. Even after asking/stating for clarity and the the use of my legs I was unable to move once "stuck" and still felt like I was drunk.
2. I know most people as soon as they have a successful obe start looking every which way for their "guide." I do not think that guides will make themselves known at first to everyone, but if a guide were to appear, the chances of him taking an appeariance resembling my father (read post) would be the most likely, as my father is a very warm and gentle person who has always been someone I look up to.

This lead to me the question: is it possible for someone still living to be a spiritual guide without knowing it?

However, I think that I saw this person behind me because I got a feeling of "oh no, I think there is someone behind me" and thus created it in my mind.

okay here is my post:
------

I've had lucid dream induced obe's before, but this morning was my first wake induced one, sort of.

Anyways after getting to tired i rolled over to my side and went to sleep. I ended up having an obe, without knowing I was out of body at first. I got out of bed and I felt really really drunk. I had LOTS of trouble walking, and just kept thinking "how strange, I dont even remember drinking last night"  cheesy

I was so "drunk" that I could not leave my room. the closer I got to my door, the more energy I felt rooting me to the ground. I felt so sick that I called one of my roomates over that was in the living room. I realized It was an obe when I could "hear" him coming, but instead of from the front he was approaching me from my back side.  I realized I was seeing a full 360 degrees a vision. I also could not actually see my roomate, only hear his voice getting closer.

So I asked for clarity, and to have full use of my legs, but to no avail. I still could not move from my spot. I also remember the recommendation by RB to quickly return to your body during your first wake induced obe.

This was the first time I attempted to return by myself. In previous obe's I would just wake up, or snap back to my body unwillingly. I thought about my body, stated my intention to return and to wake up, but nothing happened. Frustrated, and a little confused as to why i was still out, I closed my eyes, and leaned back onto the wall that was holding me up. I floated through the wall downward as my feet raised up. Now with my eyes closed and hovering in the air I once again stated my intention to return, and I did.

Only not really. cheesy  I got out of bed, everything was normal, went to leave my room and was stuck to the ground right by the door, and expiranced the same drunken feeling. Realizing that I still had not woken up physcially, i decieded to have some fun and try to force my way out of the room. With all of my might i only made it a few feet past the door. Once outside of the room I immeditaly felt a presence appear behind me, and thought to myself that I shouldn't look because seeing a stranger behind me would scare me. Then I realized I could see in everydirection and saw A tall man that had many facial features as my father, and resembled a younger version of him.

This person looked straight ahead of them and did not awknowledge me at all. I got very, very frightened and decided "okay, its time to return for real this time." And instantly opened my eyes in real life, waking up. smiley
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Different types of meditation on: April 03, 2006, 09:45:05
15 views and no replys?
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Different types of meditation on: April 03, 2006, 06:42:24
Well lets see, to start off I am not new here by anymeans, but I have not visited this forum in quite sometime.

I have been expirancing very strong lucid dreams lately which has sparked my interested again, having gone dorment for some time. These lucid dreams came on by their own will, I have not been "practicing."

On to my question.
Usualy when I meditate, I reach for the "mind awake/body asleep" state, the trance state. When practicing to AP, I raise my frequency to induce the vibrations, which is effective for me. However, I thought about trying to lower my frequency instead, to see if the meditation would be different.

Upon concentrating on this, everything began to slow down. I felt as if I was shrinking inside myself, being just a tiny tiny dot somewhere in the back of my head, my feet felt as if they were miles and miles away from me, same with my hands. My body felt lifeless.

What felt different also was that normaly when I meditate, my mind is in a trance and I have to focus on maintaining this trance. Here, my mind was not in a trance at all, it was as if I was awake doing my day to day things, but instead my body was in a trance.

---
Does anyone else practice this type of meditation?  What are the benefits of meditating in this fashion, and is there any downside to it?

Also if there are other types of meditation I would love to hear it.

Sorry if my english is bad, and thanks for listening.
-En
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / What is this experience? on: April 03, 2006, 05:26:28
i do not think difference in position matters
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / stronger sensations? on: June 20, 2005, 07:11:46
i started to ap while i was sleeping last night, and the vibes were much more stronger than usual.  I was focusing on my heart beats and after awhile it wasn't that it felt like my heart stopped beating, but that it was floating away from me and i couldn't feel it.  All the while it was like my entire body was  inside a huge church bell while it was ringing. And any faint music or sounds sound like they are suttering, or coming inshort bursts that i can actually feel.

It's never been this strong before.
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Waking up with very heavy vibes and sleep paralysis on: March 13, 2005, 18:05:32
any how* to induce SP?  I want to expirance it again and not be scared
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Waking up with very heavy vibes and sleep paralysis on: March 13, 2005, 07:27:46
yes thats what it felt like, like i was just being pulled under.  It was strange, im used to the feeling of lifting up in these kind of matters.

Lines, so i would have just been "sucked" back to sleep?
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Waking up with very heavy vibes and sleep paralysis on: March 13, 2005, 00:50:20
I've always read about people getting sleep paralysis, and how it scared them. I never could understand what could be so spooky about that until about 2 nights ago.

I have very vivid dreams, and have great dream recall, mainly because I keep a dream journal.

I was dreaming that there was a reporter and a tv station van reporting something on tv about my house.  The reporter didn't feel right to me, so I walked over, and grabbed his microphone out of his hands. As soon as I did this in my dream, I was wide away in my bed with heavy vibes.  It was just such a surprising switch. From dreaming, to being fully awake with intense vibes.  Usually when I get vibes, it will feel like my entire bed is shaking violently, and my heart is beating rapidly.  But these vibes where different. It was like a circuar motion inside my chest,  like someone dipped a wooden sppon in my chest and was stirring it around.  

This spooked me a little bit, so I went to sit up... but I couldn't. Than it felt as if that circular area, like of like an electric feeling as well, was pulling me inside it. I couldnt' move.  Had I not been shooken up, it would have been a great exit.  Than I remembered the countless times I've read to wiggle your big toe to break paralysis. So i did, and than moved my foot, than everything just ceased.

I shook it off, and went back to sleep. Started dreaming that I was somewhere, about to light a firecracker, and it happened again.  I was back in my room wide awake with the vibes and paralysis. But this time, the vibes and pulling sensation where so over whelming, never felt anything like it before in previouse obe exits.  it was like something was trying to pull my entire body through a tiny tiny little hole or tube that I just could not fit through.  It was so overwhelming that I had to focus so much effort into just wiggleing my big toe, just trying to get it to budge, finnaly i did and was able to break the paralysis.

I kind of regret not going with the flow of things.  This was my frist time getting SP, and it shook me up a bit.  At least next time though i'll be waiting for it.  

any thoughts or similar expirances? I'd love to hear them.

-En
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / two things to ask? on: March 11, 2005, 05:13:08
There is nothing at all to be scared of.

Until you can be confident, and rid yourself of your fears, you will always "Backout" as you put it, and it will take you awhile to make progress.

Just relax, breathe, and just go with.  Your energy body knows how to project, it does it everynight when you go to sleep, so just relax and go along with it for the ride.

-En
20  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / energy body/kundalini on: March 11, 2005, 05:10:43
I dont think it is a cause of concern at all.  I too feel my energy body when I meditate. I feel it very strongy at my base, like a warm kind of pressure that my whole body feels, but is centralized at my base.

Raising your kundalini is a very deliberate thing.  If your not meaning to raise it, than I doubt its going to happen.    Just go with the feeling and explore it, tinker around with it a bit if you want. This would probabley make your more comfortable with the feeling, and not worry so much. Helps me when I want to project.

-En
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Before, During or After REM on: March 11, 2005, 05:05:38
For me, I have good results after REM.

Right before REM, I usually end up entering REM while im not out yet, and my eyes start moving really fast and I get alot of dream imagery in my head. It all just complicates things.

For me, I naturally wake up after dreams, after each REM cycle.  I dont exactly wake up like you'd wake up in the morning, but I gain a small amount of awarness.  I have really good dream recall, and have built the habit of recalling all and every dream I can as soon as I wake up in the morning, before I even move a single musle.  So at night, all of a sudden I will realize that instead of dreaming, that I am indeed laying on my back with my eyes closed, and going over, or recalling my dream in my head.  After I finnish going over the dream I just had, than is when I attempt to project.  My body is very relaxed, my mind is refreshed and clear.  Sometimes I even get SP at this point which also helps.

However, if I am not getting enough sleep during the week [which always seems like a constant battle for me] than I just end up waking up in the morning tired, with no recolection of the nights events.  Unfortuntiety for me, thats how the past few weeks have been =[

-En
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Trance State on: March 11, 2005, 04:56:22
Slipping into the trance state during the day is usually a sign of not being full rested, happens to me all the time.

If I haven't been getting at least 8 hours of sleep during the week, any atemps at projecting  just end up with me getting into a trance really fast, and than just falling asleep.

Ever notice when you stay up really really late, or pull an all nighter, how sometimes you'll hear things, or see things out of the corner of your eyes? and that your thinking will be differently?  I think its because its a light state of trance. Your body is starting to fall asleep because its been sleep deprived, but mentally your staying awake. You expireance the same kinds of things with your eyes open in the waking life as you would while meditating in a trance, only not to that depth.  It's rather anonying, I hate being sleep deprived.

-En
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Bit of help please on: February 18, 2005, 23:27:49
Quote from: Selski
Quote from: EnderZ
So maybe some link was established?  Do you remember the color of the plane? For me it was a dark forest green,  with propellers on the side on both wings, the nose was a very round black tip, not sharp at all but a big broad rounded nose.  

-En

edit:  It was definitly an old military plane.  I got the feeling that it was one of thoes old propeller planes from ww2, or around that era.  But it was not a small, plane, like something from the ww1 era.  It was a pretty good size plane, deffinitly a 2 person on.

En - I didn't get enough of an impression of the outside of the plane.  I only experienced it from sitting in the cockpit.  And it was a small cockpit, but perhaps cockpits are small (I've no idea).  It was most definitely a war plane, and if encouraged to say which war, I would say WW2.

I have very little interest in war planes - in war for that matter - so it was a surprise to me to choose this particular experience.

6/7pm US Eastern time - how many hours behind is that from GMT - do you know?  I think New York is 5 hours behind us.  

Cheesy

Sarah

I have the same time as new york, I looked it up, and yes its about 5 hours behind you.  I too have no interest in planes so it was pecular.

-En
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Bit of help please on: February 18, 2005, 22:25:46
This was wednesday around 6/7 pm (US Eastern)

I dont really believe in such thing as a coincidence though.  I was reading these forums, and then deceided to do some trance work, I never left my computer chair.  So maybe some link was established?  Do you remember the color of the plane? For me it was a dark forest green,  with propellers on the side on both wings, the nose was a very round black tip, not sharp at all but a big broad rounded nose.  

-En

edit:  It was definitly an old military plane.  I got the feeling that it was one of thoes old propeller planes from ww2, or around that era.  But it was not a small, plane, like something from the ww1 era.  It was a pretty good size plane, deffinitly a 2 person on.
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Bit of help please on: February 17, 2005, 23:18:43
Quote from: astralspinner
Another "agreeing with Frank" post Smiley
I know I'm in light trance when my mind feels odd - your "not me" state, perhaps? I know I'm getting deeper when I stop hearing the music in my head and it becomes actual sound that I'm hearing, along with other random sounds, voices, impressions and dream images. At this point, my mind feels truly different, but I can usually not hold it for long.

It's the same for me.  I know when I start to enter a trance when my minds thought process changes, and i feel pressure on my body.

When Im in a deeper state of trance, any song that was in my head before, instead of singing it in my head, im now hearing it in myhead as if i was listening to it on head phones.  THis can actually be alot of fun, messing around with songs and such, but it can get you off track. When in a deep trance I feel discontected from my body.

Yesterday while i was in a trance, meditating, I had what was like a vision to me, it was strange, never quite happened before. It wasn't hypnogic imagery or what not, as i've had that many times.  While i was in a deep trance, out of the blackness infront of my eyes, a giant green military plane came zooming straight at me, as if it was going to hit me, than at the last minute climbed really high and I saw its underside, than I continued to watch it as it turned around, flew pretty far away and diminished in size, than made a left turn, and I saw it fly horizontal to me, inbetween clouds under a very very vibrant yellow/oraange sun. After the plane flew out of sight, the "vison" stoped and everything returned to blackness.

this has never happened to me before, it was pretty spectacular.  It was as if i was seeing it with my physical eyes. While i was watching the plane, everything around it was still the normal blackness behind my eyelids.  

anythoughts?

-En
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5