The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2021, 02:50:55

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Trying to lose weight on: March 24, 2012, 03:41:55
I make fresh vegetable juices for two of my three meals a day.  At night I eat a healthy cooked meal.  This plus exercising at least 3 days a week helps me to lose weight or maintain depending on how many calories I allow myself.  Weight loss in the end is purely a numbers game.  Learn how many calories your body at your current weight burns by being alive and then calorie count your food to the last detail.  If you consume more calories than your body burns in a day then you will gain weight.  Exercise helps give an easy boost of negating 300-800 calories each day it is done, which is great for those days you are just dying for a cupcake (which I had tonight from Juniors in Brooklyn and it was delicious!  grin)
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Smoked Green Tea on: March 03, 2012, 03:50:06
Or...you can try drinking it which is relaxing also.   huh
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Your life! on: February 29, 2012, 03:02:49
I am unemployed too, like 75% of the people who responded to this question.  Wow, what is wrong with the economy at the moment.  But anyway, I have no set career path at the moment, but I've been: gas-station attendant, government worker dealing with quantitative databases, recreation director at an RV camp in Mississippi, English Teacher in Prague and a Photographer here in NY.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I will try Salvia and Binaural Beats to induce an OBE on: February 28, 2012, 23:22:37
I've had bad experiences with Salvia and I wasn't using it for projection.  I don't recommend it, as it can cause some really bad trips.  It seems that once a person has gone through a bad Salvia trip, they never use the herb again. 
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Vegetarianism and spiritual evolution on: February 28, 2012, 03:37:44
I am a pescetarian (vegetarian who eats fish) but I was vegan for 7 years and I felt the best I had in all my life.  A couple of years ago I started to think about fish for no apparent reason, and as time passed the urge increased to the point of always seeing a steamy piece of salmon in my head whenever I was hungry.  Around this time my girlfriend moved in with me who eats meat and it caused a lot of tension at first trying to figure out an approach to meals.  I introduced dairy back into my diet which helped ease the tension, though dairy still makes me feel awful physically, and slow mentally.  So anyway, on a hot Saturday night in Berkeley, California, we came back from the store with a piece of salmon and threw it on the grill.  The first bite was definitely an odd sensation and it turned my stomach for a bit, but I managed to eat the rest of my serving and by the end I highly enjoyed the special treat.

I think about what is the natural diet for humans, and although I am not an Anthropologist or a Dietitian, I have my own philosophies.  I always liked the idea of what would happen if you put a chicken and a grape in front of a baby/child.  Which one would they know to eat?  I always think the child would play with the chicken and eat the grape.  I tend to think that we are meant to eat the food that we can easily gather and catch with our hands or simple tools: vegetables, fruits, nuts and freshwater fish.   I don't think it would be easy to, if at all possible, to kill a cow with our bare hands, let alone if there is a bull in the group. 
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Members Pictures on: February 27, 2012, 21:31:22
Welcome to the forum! I bet you can save a lot by living in a janitor closet. (j/k) Cheesy

Thank you!  That room was the arts and crafts storage room/office at the camp I was working at in Mississippi.   I look more 'clean-shaven' nowadays while wallowing in NY.

And no, I didn't graduate after all.  In fact, all the classes I thought I attended and paid for never even happened.  I was robbed until I noticed I never had any money to begin with, so all is right with the world again =). 
7  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Members Pictures on: February 27, 2012, 02:48:35
I am new here, so new that my first post is a picture.  I'm the bearded one and the smoothed-faced lady is my girlfriend.

8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: New to Astral Pulse, looking for group/center in NYC on: February 27, 2012, 02:38:58
Hi,

Check out the International Academy of Consciousness which have an office in Midtown. http://www.iacworld.org/english.  They also host a group on meetup.com. 
Pages: [1]