The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 22, 2021, 14:05:33

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75]
1851  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Altered States on: April 05, 2002, 10:49:29
Greetings!

Barbara, I have similar experiences with this light feeling. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like I become conscious of my astral body, like I can feel it slightly separate from my physical. But I am conscious of both bodies at the same time. Unfortunately this usually happens when I am working or driving so I cannot explore it and am forced to keep my consciousness in my physical.

In your second experience it sounds like you are seeing auras. Atleast this sounds exactly like what I have read. I cannot do this so I am no expert.

1852  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / The Spiritual Aspect on: April 04, 2002, 11:01:11
Greetings!

I am new to this board, just found it today infact. Like Barbara I grew up in a religious family, though they were not very strict. When I was young I became very interested in this religion that I was taught. In reallity I was interested in what else is out there, but at the time that is all that I knew. As I studied this religion I felt like it left alot out. There has to be more than what is in this book that is not suppose to be questioned. In my mid-late teens I had a spontaneous projection, though at the time I did not know what it was. A few years later I learned about Astral Projection and related subjects. With this discovery I found a direction to take my curiousity of life to find out the truths that that book left out. As I learned more my views of that religion changed and in a way I felt like I out grew the confines that religion imposes. I then faced a dilema, Do I question and even go against this religion and face the fear it instilled in me or do I forget all that I have learned? Once one knows something they clearly cannot forget it. It took time but I have been able to work through these conflicting feelings and ideas and overcome such fears. I feel I am better for it and now see clear horizons to be explored.

Sorry for boring anyone with my own personal experiences but it is for a point. These are my thoughts and I do not wish to impose them on anyone but just to share. Way back when a religion was in its creation I feel that its creators were trying to do just this, expand their horizons and find more to life. But then for whatever reason the followers stopped searching and fell into mundane habits. Over time the religion was molded to fit the earthly constraints the people wanted. Which brings us to today, we have stale religions that do not grow. Some people feel comfortable with what they have and do not push for more, which was not the original intend of the religion. How I see religion fitting into our lives today is as a stepping stone to higher thought. It is for giving direction but not for constraining. One that seeks the more must learn to step away from the religion and seek the truth. Otherwise it becomes stale. It is dangerous, as others have pointed out, to remain in this state and follow the doctorine without question. It will blind them to truths, enlightenment, and growth.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75]