The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 28, 2021, 00:01:02

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14
126  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Yeah! I'm starting to see auras. on: March 23, 2003, 00:37:58
"A book I recommend is "How to see & read the human aura" by Judith Collins. And of course Roberts article is very good, if you've not yet read it"

I totally agree, it is probably the best book I have read on auras, might be hard to get outside of Australia however, Im not sure. Worth the effort of trying to get your hands on certainly.
127  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Yeah! I'm starting to see auras. on: March 20, 2003, 10:29:45
That is totally great news mate! Im real happy for you, Im sure you will be posting if you want any help with that![Cheesy
128  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / I FIGURE IT OUT on: March 20, 2003, 03:50:17
Iím fine with people giving their skeptical views here for the sake of a logical debate, but I cant stand rude unintelligent people who lack the common decency and respect to communicate in a civilized way.

Take the psychic self defense forum for example. A new member posted a well though out and logically supported argument that was against the common views of those who post in the forum. No one bit their head off, in fact it sparked a lot of great constructive conversation. When you come on here and insult people and what they believe without providing a decent constructive argument as to why they are wrong you achieve nothing and you learn nothing. So unless you conceive your purpose in life as having people dislike you and to not advance in any metaphysical or spiritual way yourself maybe you should rethink why you come here. There is a great range of beliefs and areas of interest in the people who come to the astral pulse, and this is such a wonderful place because normally we all show high levels of respect for each other. Ssjoku and Sloppy Joe, you have absolutely no right to criticize the maturity of anyone on this forum, take a step back and perhaps you will realize that as antagonists you are at the very bottom of the barrel in these stakes. I largely stay away from these DBZ and KI topics because they donít interest me, just like many of the people in this energy working forum donít bother with the magic topics I relish. If everyone shows respect for everyone else and you stay away from what you donít like everyone is happyÖsimple right?
129  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / I FIGURE IT OUT on: March 19, 2003, 03:59:52
Now perhaps you have solved this little riddle the next stage of your personal evolution should be a course in the written English language?
130  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Come back to Earth on: March 18, 2003, 09:57:30
Hi Going Slow

"How would you explain babies being attacked if like attracts like only? im not saying theres not truth to that cliche."

Perhaps this is the difference between intelligent entity attack and simple predatory attack. Entityís seeking a host victim to feed from or to depress in order to feed from seek out people with a lower, less vibrant energy. Similar in a sense to a microbe causing infection in an immunocomprimised person. Entities seeking to attach to infants or outright attack pure people of a higher vibratory level seem to have an intelligent and evil purpose. So there seems to be a distinction between the attacks where entities take advantage of vulnerable people and where intelligent entities set out to harm or corrupt a person for a greater evil purpose.

Regards,
David
131  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / How do you think... on: March 17, 2003, 01:30:17
Yes the eturnal NOW theory. Makes a lot of sence and makes you think about fate a little as well. After reading Roberts article I spent about a week where I just sat there each night and thougt at length about the whole idea. A must read, and a heavy read at that!
132  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / If we are our souls... on: March 16, 2003, 09:22:13
Hi there!

Well what is your soul? To me in broad terms it is the entity that evolves as a result of life experiences. The type of person you are probably reflects the needs of the soul in terms of its development. In other words the life you experience is taylor made to provide you with the opportunities needed to learn the lessons in life that your soul needs to learn. Your life experience perhaps adds to the experience of your soul, this is the relationship between the 'you' you know, and the soul. Of course this is just another idea that seems to make sense, what do you think of it?

You see to me and my way or reasoning it makes sense that the physical thinking self is separate in a way from the soul. While I am certainly in no way insinuating that my ideas on the topic or anyone elseís are any better than your own, I do think it might benefit you if you really think about what exactly the soul is. And try to come up with a very well defined answer that allows all the pieces of the puzzle such as reincarnation and the fact we need to learn something in our lives to evolve the soul to fit together in a way that makes perfect sense to you. Use this forum and the ideas of people such as my self to help guide you, and when people give you an answer to a question take from it what makes sense to you and disregard the rest. Also remember others opinions that donít make sense now, and come back to them in a years time to see if you can extract more good ideas from them then.

Rigid beliefs will hinder spiritual development in time, but having good ideas that are both clear and open to change is the way to go. But there must still be an emphasis on being clear in your ideas, being vague or hugely open to possibilities on a topic means you havenít thought about it enough [Smiley]

kind regards

David

P.s I love the way you question things, never stop doing that! Oh and sorry if I rambled off topic a little...just trying to be helpful[Smiley]
133  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / How do you think... on: March 16, 2003, 08:53:50
There is a part of the human energy body which acts as a recorder of a sort. It is by tuning into this energy that you can 'read' a person. To answer your second question try thinking from a different angle, if the total summation of our life experiences is of a highest spiritual value than surely each life that contributes to it is equal in importants to the whole. Also do not doubt the amount of progress that can be achieved in a single life.
134  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / tibetan paradox exercise on: March 16, 2003, 08:45:30
Thanks for the link weagle, this is pretty cool stuff[Smiley]
135  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / I saw it.... on: March 16, 2003, 08:40:43
Go team![Smiley]
136  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Come back to Earth on: March 16, 2003, 08:36:27
Hi Thirdeye

Personally I think itís nice for a skeptical person to express their opinion in such a polite and rational way.

You are certainly correct in your post where you comment on the power of imagination and belief. Mans ability to forge his own future via the influences of his own mind is a blatant truth that is hard to deny. However also consider that behind every exaggeration, myth, legend or mass hysteria there is usually an original source of truth. It is my experience that it is indeed possible to influence another person in ways that allow one to alter that individuals future outcomes, just like they can with there own mind power. However cases where a person actively sets out to psychically attack someone are rare. However if one is sensitive enough or open enough to external influence another person simply sending out hateful thoughts of you will also affect you in subtle ways. A positive self-attitude and a strong will is the natural and effective defense against the latter.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

Depression and or poor self-esteem leads to a negative self-concept and a negative energy body, both make you open to subtle negative influences. Significant subtle negative influences can also lead to depression if one so much as has a very open mind.

You are correct in implying that people are their own worst enemyÖ well mostly. However although one might create their own bad situation, for the reasons I gave in the last paragraph it is still possible or even likely that external influences the person is vulnerable to, or that are attracted to the individual are still involved.

Well thatís my opinion in a nut shell

Regards
David        
137  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Residual Energy Signatures on: March 11, 2003, 08:50:12
Hi Kakkarot

Although I am a long way off perceiving them all myself authority has it that the human aura consists of seven layers. I will go through these beginning closest to the body and working out. Iím sure there are lots off different names being used out there for the same thing, ill just stick with what I know. While there is a fast answer to your question I hope that by describing the fundamentals of the whole auric system you will gain more from my response.

The physical auric body, is next to the skin and represents the status of the physical body. It is the densest of the auric energies and thus the first layer seen when you start to develop auric sight. It can extend up to an inch but on most people it is more like 5mm or a bit more.

Next is the etheric body, this layer also takes the shape of the physical body, it is said to record the life of a person and is linked to the subconscious mind. It appears as a silvery blue gray mist and extends about 10 to 15 cm beyond the physical auric body. In time auric sight develops to the extent that the etheric body can in fact be seen through to reveal a second layer of the etheric. This second layer is said to be the eternal aura, and is what accompanies you from life to life. So when you Ďreadí somebody you are getting your information from the etheric. To my knowledge it is a copy of the etheric that is created for astral projection, which could be why you still know who you are without your brain.

Extending beyond the etheric is the vital body, it is less bound to the shape of the physical body. The vital body is the part which interacts with the environment, while the other auric bodies absorb energy the vital layer also radiates it. To help answer your question it is this layer that is linked most strongly to ones emotions, or in a larger sense their outlook and interactions with life. Of course when the vital body becomes Ďsickí due to depression or whatever this will eventually filter down through the other layers until the buck stops with the physical body. When we have an energy exchange with an other person it is this layer that does the changing. However the next layer also plays a role it creating equilibrium between the energy of people in close proximity to eachother. Also the chakra above the head is within the vital layer.

Next is the so called astral body (donít confuse with body involved in astral projection Ė I think). This could be considered the social aura in a way. Unlike the etheric aura which changes rapidly the astral aura is more long term, and reflects your whole self in a sense, perhaps a good way to put it is that is shows the average quality of all of your energy experiences, from both above and below. It is your astral auras melding with the aura of others that gives both them and you the potential to sense the type of people you are. It can take up to a year of hard work to change the quality of the astral aura Ė hence changing yourself is no small feat. The leopard can change his spots it just takes a while. This layer is egg shaped, as all layers following it.

The next layer is the lower mental layer reflecting that persons mental status.

Then is the higher mental body which I certainly cant see, the further out the layers get the more refined their energy. This layer is not active in most people, it is through this layer that we can interact with more subtle energies such as the collective unconscious or channel non physical entities. Meditation makes this layer more active.

Finally is the spiritual auric body. When balance is achieved this layer becomes more active, allowing divine energy to permeate the aura. Also in times of life and death crisis it is said that this layer becomes explosively active giving a burst of energy.

So as you can see the etheric does not correspond to emotion, and I hope my long winded answer has shown why.[Smiley]

Best regards

David

138  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Residual Energy Signatures on: March 10, 2003, 10:27:06
Well apart from the natural aura of objects I also seem to see residual energy left on objects by people. Apparently it is meant to hang around for about two days, I have never really experimented with it. Iíve never used drugs other than mugwort either, so I guess that makes me sober[Smiley]. I think anyone who has a grasp on seeing auras can probably see residual energy. Oh and also to me residual energy looks to be on the same vibration level as the etheric aura.
139  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Kraig's system? on: March 09, 2003, 08:28:14
Hi Lysear

I am also working through Kraigís book, I have owned it for about eight months or so, before that my first reference to ceremonial magic ritual was The Middle Pillar by Israel Regardie. It makes sense that there are relatively rigid steps to take in ones development via ceremonial magic, and to me Kraigís system seems logical. I have had no problems arise from following the books guidelines and I am yet to read any criticism of the work at all. So I would say the book for me has been nothing but a good thing.

Best regards

David  
140  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / karma paradox on: February 27, 2003, 10:56:06
I dont see it as being a concept of punishment or reward, simply a process in which the quality of energy you produce returns to you.
141  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Random aggrivating thought on: February 27, 2003, 10:39:31
Hi Sublime

The sad reality is that the majority of people in the world do not think in ways that extend beyond protecting their insecurities and feeding their basic desires. The way the societies of the world tend to Ďthinkí as a collective reflects the attitude of the majority, and the way most people think is essentially in terms of selfish survival. If you take the example of a stereotypical business person, their striving for a higher place in hierarchy and the collection of personal wealth is behaviorally no different than a person in a primitive hunter gatherer tribe. And even though our bodies have evolved over millions of years to allow an intelligence capable of creating powerful world shaping technologies, a single generation of people are yet to say together ĎStop! Lets all together stop thinking like primates and look after each other and this world we live iní. Because thatís all we need Ė for everyone to agree to drop the sword and rewrite the way we think. The next step of our evolution is not one of anatomy and physiology taking millions of years, but a reform of our collective attitude taking a single generation. And while peace need only be that far away, the majority of people will let fear control them and keep thinking like monkeys.  I guess all you can do is evolve yourself, and touch the lives of the few prepared to listen.

I guess I missed the mark with talking about weapons of mass destruction, but hopefully I touched on the greater issue.Insert

Regards
David
142  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Nose hair....... on: February 27, 2003, 01:14:01
My nose hair seems to have a pretty good grasp on where it has to stop growing...could this be the next evolutionary development for mankind? [Cheesy]
143  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Head pain during relaxation? Constant buzz? on: February 19, 2003, 04:27:36
Hi Astral Delight

To begin I certainly agree that it is important you still have a head.

Concerning the buzzing at the top of your head well this is potentially a side effect of energy work (your post suggests you do practice some form of energy work beyond relaxation?) but itís the pain thatís got me leaning more towards a conventional medical cause.

So now for 20 questions - Do you have a history of sinus problems, allergies, or migraines? So the buzzing you seem to have all the time at the top of your head changes to a slight pain with buzzing when you relax? Or would you say that the pain is probably always there and its only when you start concentrating on increasing your body awareness that you pick it up?  

Kind regards

David

144  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Mayan Calendar on: February 14, 2003, 04:47:24
Thanks very much for posting this Yoki
145  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / successful spells/rituals? on: February 14, 2003, 02:29:01
Hi KP

The main point of my post was that you need to make your own foundation rules of how much influence or manipulation is acceptable. I was trying to show why I feel the rules I have made are correct, not to push my opinion on you or act as a judge to your actions. But looking at my post I can see I could have made that more clear. What I really wanted to get across was that you need to make your own rules, from others opinions and your own experience, that way when it is all said and done you arenít left feeling unsure. Divination is certainly very important before conducting a spell, but for sure look into tarot before buying an expensive pack. It may totally not appeal to you and you may want to find something else, also research the different packs first. But donít wait until you have mastered tarot before you keep experimenting with magic, just use your common sense and you will be ok. The process of sitting there being open to all possibility without bias as you do when you do a reading on the outcome of the spell is probably one of the most important parts of the entire divination. Tarot also, well in my experience, acts as a useful tool for activating the state of mind that allows you to openly and without bias question yourself.

In my opinion the difference between getting my brother to give me a call and reminding a past girlfriend of the love you shared is different, but its just that Ė my opinion. I might know a bit more about magic and its practice than yourself but that doesnít mean I have a better grasp on what is right and wrong. I was trying to help you decide what was right and wrong and to help you draw your own line. Iím sure as you learn you will redraw that line a few times until you get a pretty dam good idea of where it should be. I think itís a lot better that way then to just accept what someone out there who writes with authority tells you is right. But starting within the area of general consensus is usually a good idea.

Filipcza

An essential step to performing a spell of any type is establishing some form of protection first. Type casting a circle into a web browser and read some of the things you find, you should get plenty of wiccan sites.

Lysear

This is why learning high magic is so rewarding, when you are influencing only your own evolution there are few such doubts to fill your mind. [Smiley]

best regards

David
146  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / successful spells/rituals? on: February 13, 2003, 05:18:16
Hi KP

What you really need to do is develop your own rules on what is right and what is wrong. I have rules I follow that I developed over time myself, to me they make sense and are easy to follow. But to someone else it might seem that I make to many exceptions. In my opinion it is wrong to influence a person against their will or without their consent. But for me it isnít cut in stone, for example I will sometimes get someone to ring me when I want to talk to them, but they are people I talk to all the time, and by getting them to ring me I am not changing their outlook on anything. So if I influence my brother who calls me practically everyday to ring me then it is different than getting someone who I have unresolved emotional issues with to call me. Because their decision to give me a call might make them pursue a pattern of though that in the end will change their opinion of me. Also making or fixing relationships with magic is a huge trap to fall into. Because you will always question why the person is with you. So I think that any spell designed to attract a particular person to you is very wrong.

In my opinion every thing you do including any spell regardless of its purpose will cause a karmic reaction of some degree. The reaction and the quality of the karma proportional to what you did or thought. Another gray area for me however is influencing someone in a way that prevents suicide. I did this on two occasions while in high school. Most people would freak if you went up to them and told them that with their permission you could cast a spell that hopefully break their self destructive pattern of depression. And doing so would also potentially decrease the potency of the spell. Some might argue that it was their own life path or their own justly self directed future to do themselves in. My own opinion is complicated and to the contrary.

To help you develop your own opinion on what is right and wrong to do with magic firstly lay down the ground rule that you should never harm anyone, then add to this what you feel is right to do in self defense. There are wiccanís that follow the rule Ď and ye harm noneí to the letter, and simply are strictly defensive if someone attacks them psychically. If I caught a psychic vampire out however I would certainly be much more than just defensive, but I wouldnít send anything nasty in the direction someone who was rude to me, or even physically violent. Of course you can always make the decision to accept the karma you will receive for doing something negative, but if you are serious about developing spiritually not just magically this will be detrimental to your progress.  

Then decide where you draw the line about influencing others. I mean a spell designed to get you a job for example still affects other people. You decide what you think is right. And remember that Ďmagicí is a natural human ability, and karma (but not everyone believes in it) is a natural law of physics.      

Also Lysear is TOTALLY correct in saying the best thing to do is to do a divination on the spell you are about to perform. Buy a pack of tarot cards and learn how to use them. And before every spell meditate on what you are doing, you will think more clearly in a light trance. The human is the only creature that lies to itself to help it justify its actions. People do this all the time, they have a rule and they talk themselves into justifiably breaking them. If you catch yourself doing this Ė STOP.  

best regards
David
147  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The Astral Matrix on: February 10, 2003, 05:40:36
My good friend...you may need a creative outlet![Smiley]
148  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / successful spells/rituals? on: February 10, 2003, 03:40:43
G,day Lysear

It just so happens that Im reading it at the moment myself! In my opinion I think its great, and I have heard nothing but praise for it from other people. The book Iím trying to get a hold of is actually Bardonís first book an initiation into hermetics, which I think out friend Parmenion is currently reading. I am also reading at this point in time Transcendental Magic by Eliphas Levi which is a real classic and A garden of Pomegranates by Israel Regardie to increase my understanding of the Quabalah. I have a much longer background with low magic than I do with high magic, which I have only been practicing for a bit over a year now. So from the sounds of things there are actually a few of us here fairly close in respect to our knowledge in hermetics and ceremonial magic. And there are a few individuals here with a very sound knowledge of these things as well. Should be good things to come I think! [Cheesy]

best regards

David
149  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Hermetics Links n stuff on: February 10, 2003, 03:21:00
Oh yeah Lysear those audio tutorials are priceless hey! I had never actually heard another person vibrate their voice until I was given the link to that site.

Parmenion, I'm not too sure what you mean by peer to peer file sharing, Ive done that kind of thing over msn if that is what you mean?
150  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Is it possible to immunize your aura? on: February 10, 2003, 02:56:57
Hi EnderWiggin

Well making the aura stronger and more vibrant makes attacks more difficult, but other than that I donít think you can give the aura itself extra properties. You can however make a shield around the aura and Ďprogramí it to do lots of things, I guess you could make it block a particular entities energy. But if you just want to block out this one particular entity you think there is without using any force it seems like a lot of effort to go to. If your not well practiced at making and programming shields it could take you a considerable length of time to make it functional.

A leach is certainly not evil either, but that does not mean you have to sit there and let it feed off of you. You say that you are in high spirits and things are going well Ė and this is in your favor. But you also say towards the end of your post ĎI think this being needs more help than I doí, Iím not exactly sure what you mean by this but perhaps your self conception is against you. As a negative self attitude will affect your aura, and would contribute to your attractiveness to a neg. Working on this would certainly increase your defense.

While I have no idea how sensitive you are it is probably fair to say that you noticing the neg by itself is enough to reason that it is no small innocent thing. You also describe it as having perhaps burrowed itself within you. I would suggest you not be so passive about it personally. Perhaps you could learn a banishing ritual such as the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram  (LBRP), this would enable you to clear you space of negative energy and allow you to work on the strength of you your aura and your self image without any possible negative external influences. If I have gotten the wrong idea by you saying you need help then I do apologise.

Best regards

David    
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14