The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 26, 2021, 11:33:24

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
251  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Auric Sight in Mirror on: June 13, 2002, 11:03:20
I fully agree with Qui-Gon Jinn I look at my aura in the mirror all the time, I use one to look at aura around my teeth sometimes- it just looks cool is all http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Something interesting is that I have a friend who is VERY talented with her auric sight, but she cant see her own aura in any way. She has said that she does not want to, so perhaps it is a mental block.

Malcome, I dont see how a mirror exercise would be good for beginers. Id try Roberts ones and if you can buy this book : Seeing and Percieving the human aura by Judith Collins. Its great, I have not read the book Robert co-wrote 'Capturing the Aura' (Im pretty sure thats what its called?) but Id love to.

A question for Qui-Gon Jinn:

A few times around peoples shadows (and my own) I have seen bands/layers just like those of an aura (but not coloured). This seems really wierd to me but Ive seen it several times. Have you ever experienced this?

best regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici
252  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Is Baptising a child wrong? on: June 12, 2002, 02:09:37
Hi Oliver

Firstly Ill try and make it clear that while I enjoy an intellectual debate I hate a bitter argument. So if I come of as being heated over it thats not my intent. Its the difference between learning from each other and getting angry Im referring to.

“How would this work? It couldn't. Can't any situation change how the aura looks at any given time? For example, someone having fun, or being bored?”

Yes you are partly correct, a part of the aura does change rapidly with emotion, however in another place things remain for a very long time. While I am developing auric sight at a pace to my satisfaction I am a long way from perceiving such a subtle change myself. I’m sure Robert would have an opinion on this as he has had auric sight for a long while. I am careful to list a source when I have not seen something with my own eyes, note that I did this. My experience with initiation rituals however is extensive enough that I can say with confidence that a well-constructed ritual initiation does permanently change an individual. Or perhaps it would be better put as creating a potentially life long change- as I have had no experience with anyone wishing to un-initiate (Im sure there is a word for it? ) themselves from anything. So while I am prepared to say that an initiation cant be undone I am not going to make a belief out of it. If initiation creates a lasting change of any sort rest assured that this change (along with any to the mind or body) will be reflected in the aura. So if I am prepared to say that it does create a lasting change from my own observation and personal experience than I would logically agree that it also changes the aura – as above see below.

I said:
“…in my opinion no physical abuse can equal an abuse of the soul. Initiation of any sort should never be taken lightly”

You replied:
“Ok, so to get this straight, what you believe is, if someone says to you that they initiate you into something that they believe in, it damages your soul in some way?”

I should have gone deeper here. Ill use the example of your dirty-fingered man. If this guy came up and did his little initiation thing on a person unless that man had a great deal of personal energy/power he would have no real effect. But if there were a million of these cloud worshipers and cloud worshiping and dirty-fingered initiation had gone on for a few thousand years than things would be different. The symbolism that the man uses would have great power associated with it from all of the belief people had and do attribute to it. So if this were the case it would indeed be similar to baptism, in the same way the magical initiation is. Initiation rituals get their potency from the power of the symbolism used, it would not surprise me if the Christian ritual involving pouring blessed water over the head had been used by another group for long before the Christians adopted it.

I also said:
“…I would feel inclined to take their teeth”

You also responded:
“How does violence make it better? He's already "initiated" you into his belief. In hurting him physically, does that change what he's done to you from your point of view? Would hurting him "even" the scale?”

The idea of using violence and being a ‘spiritual’ person might seem backward, and it is. It is also highly out of my character. Ill write this assuming we are referring to the cloud man that has a million others of his faith and a few thousand years of cloud worshiping behind him and not the one I would ignore or strike up conversation with. Wether I am right or I am wrong I at the present believe that well founded initiation rituals DO have an effect, so you must remember that my response to the man would be considering this belief. If it seemed to me that the man had done something which had subtly affected me I would be most displeased. Violence may not be right but the idea that it solves nothing is not entirely true. Violence solves lots of things, mainly superficial, controversial of me to say it however – and just my opinion. And pain is a powerful learning stimulus, I would feel that this man needs to learn that he cant just go around initiating people because he feels he is helping them (parallel to baptism not intended) and that effecting another’s most sacred place (the soul) is not right. Hurting him would not fix my problem, and it would not satisfy me, but reasoning with someone with religious meaning behind their action is useless. Hospitalising him might not get it through his head either, but it has more of a chance of conveying that others and I might not appreciate his practice.

“Do you also believe that if someone was to base a religion on another person, when that person does not want that to happen at all, would that affect that person's soul in someway?”

No it would not, but the same force that gives symbols power when enough belief is associated with them would create a change of sorts. But it would be complicated and Ive typed lots already.

What neither of us considered originally was if my having a will not to be initiated by the cloud man would effect or stop the power associated with his ritual, unlike a baptised baby with no will. Maybe if I believed that he could not affect me he couldn’t, and there would be no violence.

I admire the way you critically evaluate things and break things down, a good skill to have.

Kakkarot – don’t worry I will forgive you in time  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

best regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici
253  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Is Baptising a child wrong? on: June 10, 2002, 05:36:25
Oliver-

There is a difference between naming someone in relation to a belief and initiating someone into a belief. As a ritual baptism does create subtle changes to someone, and I have read (Judith Collins's seeing and percieving the human aura) that baptism does create a visible change to the aura - thus a change to the soul (if you agree that the aura is the image of the soul).

In some magical circles some believe that people who were baptised as children do not have the same ability to recieve magical initiation as those who were not baptised. Im not sure if I agree with this though, Im sure there would be notable examples who have proved this wrong.

Regardless an initiation does have an effect on you, weither you agree or not. If someone named me into something I would be humored and maybe even a little flattered. If someone attempted to iniate me into something I did not agree with I would feel inclined to take their teeth, in my opinion no physical abuse can equal an abuse of the soul. Initation of any sort should never be taken lightly.

Does anyone nkow of how you could un-baptise yourself if you were so inclined, or is it truely impossible?

regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici
254  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Is Baptising a child wrong? on: June 10, 2002, 04:50:10
Think you misread my post Kakkarot, I did say that baptism has an effect not that it does nothing.

Seems most people so far seem to see things the same way I do, are there any members here who have baptised a child, if so please share your opinion.

regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici
255  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Realisation of the Day on: June 10, 2002, 01:02:50
cainam nazier

I have used similar self analysing tecniques for other things (for eg finding why I fear something) but the idea of using them in this context makes a lot of sence. This is a good example of how it is important to be true to yourself above all else, because you cant self analyse if you lie to yourself. Good post http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici
256  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Realisation of the Day on: June 09, 2002, 07:20:17
Hi

Kakkarot:
"but isn't it that the simple things in life are what truly bring happiness, fenris?"

A very individual question open to a lot of interpretation - what is a simple thing. I relate 'simple things' to objects and items of convenience, they bring temporary happiness- yes, but not peace. I would say that true happiness would be love. There seems to come a point where we have to puch aside the material items of life (oh gosh am I starting the materialist debate again [img]http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif[/img )] to focus more on spirtual evolution. Again a person concept open to individual perception.

The sacrifice I refer to can be broken down to the natural urge to conform. The point at which one makes the dicission that spiritual progression is the number one piority in life and puts it before all else is in my opinion a sacrifice. I did not mean that this is unplessant if your heart is truely where you think it is (perhaps you and I differ in our idea of what is a  sacrifice, each to his own) but it is sacrificing some of the simpler joys of life, a change from habit.

regards

Fenris

Veni Vidi Vici
257  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Memories AAAH on: June 09, 2002, 06:51:06
HI

I agree with Ides315 about learning from memories.

If it is something that you have done then learn more about yourself from it. If it is something someone else has done then learn more about man and the world form it.

I know how you feel and I can relate, but those who do not learn from the past are doomed to relive it. You might think you have learned but acceptance is the final stage of that. I recomend that rather than running from your past and tricking your mind that you analyse yourself to understand why it bothers you so much. Truely and honestly  understanding ourselves is the first step to many great things.

There are lots of methods to self analyse but I feel that a organised system works best as opposed to just trying to think about the past and what it means. Personaly I write a list starting with what happened, how I feel. Why I feel this way, when have I felt like this before... And basically just continually breaking things down in what ever order feels best. After a while you find that you now understand and accept the period or incident - and you have a few pages of writing you can read again later. But you have to be honest to yourself above all else for this to work

There however is no need to do this alone, and you might find that self analysis is not for you. If this is the case than you perhaps should seek professional help, this is not a big issue these days and no one else needs to know.

regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici
258  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / anybody ever seen this picture? on: June 06, 2002, 02:02:05
I feel the important thing is that we all survived....        http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_evil.gif" border=0>

Veni Vidi Vici
259  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Realisation of the Day on: June 06, 2002, 01:57:30
I had to read it twice - but then it made perfect sence http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

It reminds me of the sacrifice that is made when this path is walked.

My question is that by conquering our emotions and mind do we also have to abandon the superficial things in life- the clutter? My guess would be yes, ever seen a monastry with a TV and beer fridge?  

regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici
260  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / How has energy work changed your life? on: June 06, 2002, 01:47:36
Hi Kakkarot

Seems you and I went in different directions with the whole Empathic skill thing. I lowered my expectations of the average person and you said bugger off your all pathetic! However it seems we both revel in the joy of finding really great people to be close to.

regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici
261  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / How has energy work changed your life? on: June 05, 2002, 07:53:35
HI !

Since I have started developing  auric sight and just generally been able to see into and understand people (guts and all I guess) I have really started to understand the truth behind the 'no body is perfect statement'. I am now a very non critical person (in relation to the average person) and I see a beauty in everyone. Sounds corny but thats one big change.

Also I love the extra abilities that are slowly growing, just last night I realised I could see my own ethric arm through solid matter! I had my head on my desk and moved my arm under the table and saw it! After that I put it behind the other side of a door and just played around with my new ability for ages! When I should have been doing uni work.....

regards
David

Veni Vidi Vici
262  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / What is Magick? on: June 05, 2002, 07:24:07
Distant Bell-

I think we are actually agreeing, we have just confused ourselves with what it means to create a change in the physical.

"Of course, making oneself invisible ( I can´t do that..) would not
be changing the physicall - it´s only a matter of changing other poples perceptin- and perception is a mental state."

From this statement I think I have found where we are getting confused. You see I have writen this from the angle that changes in ones mental state are changes in the physical state. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> Our perception of the physical world is entirely reliant on our mental state and electrical signals. The two are so intertwined that it gets confusing.

I have seen magic effect the physical world, but did it actually happen or was my mind influenced to see something which did not really change.

For example in my early days of experimentation I changes my eye colour using a simple candle magic spell. Now did the pigment in my eyes really change colour or did I just fool my mind? Is it possible to ever find out- No. Does it make any difference either way-no. Because its still just an electrical signal to the brain, causing the same image no matter how it got there. I would call this a change in the physical, it could just as easily be said that it is a change in the mental. The effect regardless is still the same, using the same sensory system.

But as I said before actually changing matter would be very difficult. But if I work a spell to create a particualr situaltion or opportunity and it works did I not change the physical?

What sort of things do you mean by creating a change in the physical?

regards
David

Veni Vidi Vici
263  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / What is Magick? on: June 05, 2002, 02:09:36
HI! What a topic!

I started a similar one once and caused a big poo fight!

To me magic broadly is the manipulation of subtle energy to cause change. There are infinate methods at ones disposal to do this and infinate things one can change http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

One can also involve other inteligences to assist in the manipulation of energy (invokation of god/goddess images ect ect ect)

I believe that magic is not difficult, only the human minds limitations create  such a perception, and the average humans limited personal energy. Thus through self development (both energy and mental) it is possible for a human to rise above these limitations. To me this is the goal of magic, and my life. In a sence to become more than human. This goal is also linked to my personal beliefs of reincarnation and the need to evolve to become free of the wheel.

It is my opinion that creating a change in the physical is easily done, but creating a manifestation or demanifestation is not (a change in physical matter). So while it might be easy to make people not notice something (an object for example) it would be really really hard to make it actually disapear. Its a matter can not be destroyed or created physics kind of issue.

By creating a place in the physical which also exists in more subtle realities  ( a 'circle' ) we can use sybolism to create a change within our own mind. Because the more subtle relmes are influenced by the mind and emotion a change is created in this place by our mind alone. The rule of 'as above see below' holds true. The change we create 'up there' filters to the physical reality creating change here too.

This however is complicated by other things. Because personaly I have visualised a change in the physical which has come true without casting a circle or entering a higher relm in any way- just with will. So obviously the physical can be change from within the physical. I have not sorted this out compleatly yet. Maybe someone here has.

regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici
264  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Karma of Killing on: May 30, 2002, 02:50:54
Very interesting question/statement!!! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Im sure most would agree that it is ok to kill to save yourself or someone you love. And I would kill to save my freedom, and it seems that many great warriors have fought and died to give me my freedom which I enjoy. I guess that once again it is a matter of intent. If you are killing to stop repression then surely that is better than killing for greed. Perhaps this is where to live spiritualy and to suvive as a part of a society cross lines.

Veni Vidi Vici
265  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Kundalini on: May 30, 2002, 02:37:20
Something ive read about Kundalini in The Wiccan Mysteries by Raven Grimassi.

This comes from a chapter on sex magic

...Another goal is to raise a form of power from the base of the spine. In this area resides the Kundalini or serpent energy...(insert christian church knowlede restriction cliche here http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> )... the gaol is to bring this energy up to the third eye where it will give the person almost unlimited power.

Certainly sounds heavy to me!

regards

Fenris

Veni Vidi Vici
266  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / hank wesselman's books-traveling to the future on: May 30, 2002, 02:17:03
Hey Daniel,

My Avatar- well here is the story. I turned on the computer...thought well hey I spend a lot of time at the astal pulse...and why dont I have a pretty avatar to add to my stimulation. So I set out to find a suitable image, me being me I naturally was looking for a pentagram or suitable wolf pic. The site I got this from is devoted to creating really cool pagan images. There are  ones heaps cooler than this one but they didn't reduce well. Ill try and find the site...

Yay! found it- this is an awsome site, and the images are free if you read the conditions of use!
http://
http://www.shadowmoongraphics.com/Graphics/Clipart/index.htmhttp://

regards
David

Veni Vidi Vici
267  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Joining NEW and LBRP on: May 30, 2002, 01:50:04
Ay there buddy!

I meditate before I begin my evenings NEW action. A part of this routine is that I preform the LBRP in my mind in a special place I have created, a virtual temple of sorts (but for me its in a nature setting). Basicaly I move my awarenes into this place and just take in the seenry and relax for a while. Then I perform the LBRP, I find that because Im already in a place entierly created by my imagination it is simple to visualise and put the energy into perfect pentagrams and 'see' the ritual actually work. Even though Im not using real vocal cords I have found that I can vibrate the words even stronger by using  my imagination like this. I am still aware somewhat of my physical body (light trance i guess) and I do feel vibrations going through it as if I were actually doing the ritual in person- but even stronger.

After finishing the ritual I go back to just being in this place and then I let the image of the place fade away and just go back to blackness where I am more aware of my physical body. My body feels notably different after the ritual- even more so than if I do it in the flesh.

However I would not recomend this to someone who has not done the ritual, well like your ment to for a little while- just so you can feel it better in your mind.

I know I have not related this to NEW  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0> (I mean did you expect better?) but I thought it is something you might like to play around with. At least for me I find it better in the mind-but I have done a lot of work with visualisation (imagining things).

" I'm just a NEW newbie (sorry) at the moment" - why apolgise Joe, I mean me all suck at some stage right? Or was it for the pun? Because I was pretty much planning to ignore that http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

best regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici
268  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / hank wesselman's books-traveling to the future on: May 29, 2002, 10:49:17
This is a very interesting concept! I cant wait to read further posts on this one.

fallenangle77 - at this point in time your cynicism is oh so very refreshing, strange that! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>

Veni Vidi Vici
269  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / can anybody help me figure this out? on: May 29, 2002, 10:44:35
Kakkarot

sorry, what I ment was this...

The level of inteligence and the complexity of a human mind requires (this is all my reasoning) a good level of energy to work. A human has the energy body to regulate and supplie this energy- a homeostasis process.

A thought form free from your body (which it was suggested that your personalities could become) needs to be given or fed energy, if you dont they will cease to exist. But if they have existed long enough to become complex they can potentially go looking for their own food. A sort of I think therefore I am thing. Being that your personalities are obviously closely attuned to you, you would be the most appealing sourse of energy. This is going out on a limb but do you think that your talis personality would choose to feed on you or ceace to exist?

Dont worry though this is just thoughts that came up in the entropy that is my mind, its all pretty far fetched!

It is interseting that you choose one of your personality names as your online name. My online name comes from something so very malevolent of which I have an attraction of sorts (its all kinda scary!). So dont feel like you have put yourself out to be poked and prodded by medical students, we all have our personal shadows.

Veni Vidi Vici
270  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / can anybody help me figure this out? on: May 28, 2002, 09:13:00
Dear Kakkarot

Glad I figured it out, hope I helped in some way, seems however we have attracted some professional help! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

From what Inguma has added it seems that by giving a so called situational personality a strong identity its thought form can gain an inteligence which allows it to become autonomus and free from you. If so than this is VERY VERY dangerous! And mainly for you. If you have ever read anything about creating a though form you would have read that you should always give them a definate end to their existance-usually little longer than a week. Then you destroy them. Allowing a thought form to exist longer can lead to all sorts of complications. One being that they may turn to you as an energy source - food. This can cause ill health.

Now consider that a created thought form is a single minded existance and it can hurt you. Imagine what an inteligent creation could do if it became no longer of you, but still attached or linked to you. An inteligence capable of running a human body - left without one as its energy producer. And what if it decided to take your energy insted?

Certainly a con to consider!

regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici
271  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / A safe haven for YOU. on: May 28, 2002, 08:25:35
Dear Tyrone

To quote you

"I will write certain portions and aspects, moreso just descriptions and knowledgable ideas that have been passed down to open and stimulate your knowledge of the beyond."

Not to be impolite but I am confused as to what you are suggesting starting, is this not what we do here already? Please make this (what it is you are suggesting) a little clearer, I can see you are very pasionate about this and I am interested.

Helping others is a most nobel thing, and it botherd me that others would attack you for it. In interest I have read back over your posts and the responses they have drawn. It seems that your opinions on negativity aroused the most conflict. Your opinions in many ways do not conform with what many people here except as truth. This is good because readers get the oportunity to explore a greater range of possibilities. However I believe you have caused this conflict because you do not use phrases such as 'in my opinion', or 'it is just my belief'. Everyone here wants to learn, but none of us want to be preached to. Im not saying that it has been your intention, but your posts come off as you believe that you are right and everyone else is wrong. And obviouly people who have come to their own opinions will not apreciate this. I dont mean to come off as rude, this is how i see it as an observor.

regards
David

Veni Vidi Vici
272  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Needing hel on: May 28, 2002, 08:06:54
Hi Angel, and welcome to the Astral Pulse!

Q.
I know my adopted dad is into witch craft and black magic and he is very mean to me he abused me as a child. I have not had contact with him in years. Is it possible hes sending me bad vibes?

To answer bluntly...Yes, it is possible that he is sending negativity your way.

This however would however require that he has the motivation to do it. Basicaly to psychicly attactk someone requires time, energy and effort. And if you have not seen him for years than you would have to have given him reason to have such a grudge at present.

How can you find out if its him?

Some people are sensitive to where energy comes from and can just tell who has sent it. I cant, and to be honest I dont know how to find out if it is him. If it is a person at all. But at the end of the day does it really matter who it is? You just want it to end.

So what do I do about it?

Well firstly before we jump to wild conculsions you should analyse yourself and make sure that the problem is not growing from within you. It is very easy to balme depression on psychic attack once you are made aware of the concept. See a doctor, it could even be your diet.

There is no harm in the mean time however with using some clensing rituals that appeal to you (search the web and look in spiritual and magical sites) and some basic protection rituals, for eg the lesser banishing ritual of the pentergram- LBRP (ditto with the web search)

It is possible to use magic to reflect energy back to its sender, there are just so many ways to do this. But if that is not your area than it is not much good to you.

My advice is to definately see a doctor.

"My mom astrals to me alot " - not sure what you ment here

best regards and be sure to post with developments

David

Veni Vidi Vici
273  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Free Energy on: May 27, 2002, 04:33:27
This is like those debates I started... but intelectual http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

Ok Ashfo, Im all for science, I like to think an analyse in a scientific way. And I dont mind a good conspiracy theory either. So here is my mind asking you- where is the proof.

While I acknowledge the existance of subtle energies (which we all love to manipulate), I do not see how they can be converted into electrical energy.

Please elaborate, or attach a link to someone who can. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Fenris

Veni Vidi Vici
274  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / can anybody help me figure this out? on: May 27, 2002, 04:22:34
Hey kakkarot

Ok I understand what your getting at now.

"i can take any of my personalities" (note the "i")

So what this statement says is that you DO still have a main personality (dominant ?) or ego with which you do most of your interacting and use to percieve your  other personalities which are strong and independant when in 'control'.

These other personalities were not moulded and fashoned like your dominant personality (through experience) but rather creations of your dominant personality (based on the worldly experience of your dominant personality).

So there is still a you which is in control - as you have made clear. However you have given alternate personalities created by the imagination of the dominant mind the autonomy and detail to 'take control' - am I on the right track?

Im no psychologist but I must ask are you happy with this? Do you like being able to hand over control to a more specialised persona?

If yes, than I guess that you just should gain more knowledge on what it is you are doing and learn to sharpen your skills. I do not know what dangers and negatives are attached to this but surely there will be some.

If no than what your dominant mind has created, it can destroy. And Im sure there are many people who can help you.

best regards

Fenris

Veni Vidi Vici
275  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / can anybody help me figure this out? on: May 25, 2002, 07:25:26
Kakkarot

Firstly consider that there is a 'core' to every person, which for the sake of this we could call a sumation of experiences (this life and past), or perhaps we could call it our true self. Now our personality (or the ego of the mind) is somthing which is based on this core self but developes via experence to conform to our envioronment.

This is taken further by the creation of multiple 'sub personalities' I call masks which add onto our main personality to further allow us to conform to a more refined environment/group. For example the different ways we act at parties, around someone we find attractive or the way we act at home.

As you can see the personality (either the main personality or masks) are not set in stone, they are fluid and change to create the least resestance possible for our day to day lives.

Now a person who is aware that they create masks all the time can use this knowledge to create a specialist personality, not so much to conform, but for a specific purpose. This is called Glamoring in some circles. It is safe if at all times you remain aware that it is not your true self. To approach it from the angle you have (that it is a whole new persona) is dangerous.

Sorry I realise that you of course probalbly know a lot of this and I dont mean to patronise.

Your 'personalities' are not demons, just posibilities. As an existance our true self (usually) is neither good nor bad, it is neutal. But the personality which we develope can take on a good or bad depending on our environment, for example the culture we are raised in. The sub personalities you have created just are  different posible expressions of your true self.

My advice is that you realise that is our true self emcompasses good, bad and everything in between than our true personality which is a creation of the true self, can easily express these polarities without a need to change into a whole new persona.

I can elaborate later if this does not make sence

regards
David

Veni Vidi Vici
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14