The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 14, 2021, 13:13:52

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
51  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Christian Magicians or Magick on: October 05, 2003, 14:36:46
Perhaps the more we grow as spiritual beings and the more we learn about how the universe works, be that via any balanced path, the more we need to pull apart our beliefs. To be to the point you will find that having restrictive beliefs will hinder your ability to understand your studies in magic, and your spiritual growth. If you stay flexible with your beliefs and are comfortable with questioning them you can adapt to new ideas as you learn, and easily change your beliefs without changing course from your goal.

If you have rigid beliefs the more knowledge you take in the more you need to twist and distort your beliefs to accommodate them. You end up with ĎChristian Witchesí and people with beliefs totally alien to Christianity still calling themselves Christian and even redefining Christianity stating what Ďreal Christianityí is. This sort of distortion is not healthy, and you will only progress so far, and grow so much with unbalanced restrictive beliefs. In one of Robert Bruceís articles (The Catch Basket Concept) he talks about writing down all of the spiritual/magical beliefs you have, then writing down the ones you know are true, you have proved are true. If these lists are not the same length perhaps think about why you believe in the ones you donít know are true? Perhaps abandon them all together and see how this changes your understanding of new ideas.

Kind regards
David.
52  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / THE LAW OF BALANCE on: September 21, 2003, 10:44:46
Hi Tisha

What are your feelings on how this law relates to the ego? It seems to me that the nature of our ego minds is really the key factor in determining not only the nature of the knowledge we pursue, but our ability to maintain flexibility and adapt to change, or new knowledge, in a way that is balanced.

However while ego is something which seems to definitely affect our balance, ego and balance donít seem to be one and the same. The example I have in mind are highly structured traditions which work on exploring ones psychological makeup in order to pursue the middle path. Even though balance is pursued mentally and spiritually with apparent success the ego mind is not also necessarily balanced, and in many people the ego seems to go out of control. So in short balance can be pursued and power/control obtained even in the presence of an out of control ego. But it could be said that the deconstruction of the ego mind is fundamental to spiritual progression. Perhaps these are two somewhat seperate parts of spiritual evolution?

Sorry if that wasnít entirely coherent but all of the ideas in my head are in what I have just written somewhere [Smiley]

Kind Regards
David
53  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Training To See Auras With Computer? on: August 06, 2003, 00:31:08
I would suggest there is a difference between an afterimage, something acknowledged by science as a visual effect, and the aura that surrounds a colored object. You can test this yourself to make sure you are tuning in to the real deal. An afterimage will still be visible if you look at something else, like for example if you look directly at a bright light bulb and then at the wall you will still see a bright image like the bulb. Itís the same sort of feeling. If you start learning to see the auras around colored innate objects you will notice when you do start to see the aura it is a totally different thing. At first even slightly altering your gaze may cause the aura to disappear, and it might also be initially difficult to focus your eyes on.

ĎHow will looking at physical things teach you to see nonphysical things?í

Again everything has a true aura, the auras of living objects are more complex and of a higher more subtle vibration/ frequency Ė however you choose to look at it. When you first start to see the human aura almost everybody to begin with sees the etheric layer next to the skin. Only once they become more skilled at auric sight, and or spiritually refined do they begin to perceive the more subtle auric bodies, the emotional, mental and astral. Eventually over time they might learn to see the outer shells of the aura. Using this same principle that it is easier to perceive the slower or denser layers of the aura, logically it should be easier to see the densest auras there are, those of non living objects. From my own experience and observation this holds true in practice. We are all apart of the same whole, just some of us are moving faster than others.

Even if your beliefs do not allow you to believe that non living things can have an aura, the subtle energy given off by innate objects is very much like a living aura in its quality, and learning to see this energy will directly help you to perceive the living aura.

Yes I think images on a computer monitor are just as effective for training as anything else. Robertís idea of using colored paper over books works for me, but I use colored crepe paper taped to a white piece to A4 paper, the white background really helps. Oh if you create a new word document Ė or something to get a white background on a computer and then hold your hand in front of the screen you will probably find this is one of the easiest ways to see your own aura.  

I hope this helps Fallnangel and Kalvy [Smiley]

In the world of adults there are many children.

Best Regards
David.
54  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / what is the best way to start? on: July 30, 2003, 04:18:00
A hoy there black lightning!

Iíve been thinking about the best advice to give you on this, and based on my observations I think that the best place to begin is the point which interests you personally the most. I know that might be an annoyingly broad answer so Iím happy to help you find where you would like to start if you like.

There are many traditions and schools that fall under the umbrella of magical practice, for example Wicca, ceremonial magic, traditional Celtic magic, Enochian magic ect. Some people find a tradition and stick with it, many more people sort of start their learning in one of these areas because something grabs there attention and from there their learning follows their interests. And your interests might be determined by what you want to get out of studying magic, this of course changes with the more you learn. To speak from my own experience this to begin with was wanting to learn all about spells and how to do funky stuff like change my eye color or make magical charms. I learnt a lot of important things and had a lot of fun, and I enjoyed the mysteriousness and secrecy I felt.  The things that interests me now are very different, but not necessarily any more valuable than anything else.

So just find something that seems interesting, you canít do anything wrong as there is no wrong place to start, as long as you keep exploring new things and wanting to know more all will be dandy. Once you find something you like, say as an example something about candle magic if you like we can all have a discussion about it here on the forum and we  can all learn something from one and another. Iím sure you will find plenty of rules and much magical lore in your explorations, but a really good rule to begin with is that the only stupid question is the one you donít ask [Smiley]

I just hope this hasnít been a stupid answer! [Cheesy] Has this helped at all? Maybe someone else will post an answer you like more.

Regards
David
55  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Being in a band on: July 28, 2003, 07:43:27
Euphoric Sunrise, thanks mate!

Fireprooflighter, hehe we are so in the same boat really. No money...no musical talentÖsuch a long walk[Cheesy]

Thanks for the advice Kodemaster! Keyboard does seem pretty cool, Iíve dusted off my old clarinet and school band practice books so I can relearn to read music. Seems the most productive thing to do towards the goal until I can afford to buy another instrument.
56  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Profound spiritual sayings...add your favorite. on: July 27, 2003, 09:14:18
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda[Smiley]
57  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Theorize! on: July 27, 2003, 07:17:30
G,day Alezunde!

I think you might find Robert's Treatise on Obe a really great read. Itís accessible from the main astralpulse page but here is the link anyways http://http://www.astralpulse.com/guides/guides.htmhttp://

I think it would be an interesting experience to visit a site on which a massive battle was fought, just to get an idea of what the place feels like. As in interesting bit of trivia I've read in a book on auras I own that trees actually soak up their emotional environment (just like people do)and they stay affected by times of high emotional release for a very long time. If you have ever relaxed or meditated under a tree for a while and your observant you might notice that your mood changes, usually making you feel much more tranquil. If you view this with auric sight you can pick up that what looks like lines of green pearls drop from trees and interact with the auras of people beneath them. Different types of trees will cause slightly different effects. Anyway apparently if a psychically sensitive or even a very open person meditates under a tree that has been exposed to a lot of negative emotional discharge the person is exposed to the feeling that the tree has soaked up. In the example I read the author meditated under a tree that was in a very old and particularly brutal prison courtyard. She burst into tears and became overwhelmed by sadness and feelings of desperation.  
58  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Being in a band on: July 27, 2003, 06:55:11
Itís something I would like to do with my friends so I guess it would be a group consensus after a bit of experimentation. My friend Khayla can actually sing well and wound like to fill that role, and my punk mate Andrew has just bought a guitar but he cant play. I know two girls who are both thinking about buying a set of drums. And my friend Nyssa plays bass and has some band experience. So with a common bond of being into punk or punk rock and a strong female influence I imagine it to be an angry chick band, something I must admit I love. For some reason Iíve been thinking about playing keyboard, and Iíve had two dreams now about buying one which is pretty funny. Thing is it doesnít really fit into that stlye by norm. But then again normal is a concept most of my friends and I have some difficulty grasping! [Cheesy]
59  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Theorize! on: July 27, 2003, 05:33:08
Actually in Astral Dynamics pg35-37 Robert talks about etheric projection a bit. And athttp://[/urlhttp://www.geocities.com/whapahoe/OutOfBody.html[url] I found this

ďDuring mental projection and astral projection you are able to travel through solid objects, but are not able to act directly upon them or to move them (if they are in the physical world). This is not true during etheric projection. Whether it is simply subconscious expectation, or whether it is a true etheric projection which in theory means that part of your physical body has been relocated with your projection (the etheric or vital part) may be difficult to determine. Etheric projections generally travel at or very near the physical world. There are even cases reported (very, very rare ones) in which the entire physical body is transferred to another location (teleportation), or cases in which the physical body exists and acts in two separate places at once (bilocation)!Ē

Which reminds me that in Dionís book she describes how her teachers body when he performed etheric projection only weighed a few kilos and could easily be lifted with one hand.

At http://http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/amethystbt/astral.htmlhttp:// I found

ďETHERIC PROJECTION - This is where the Consciousness, the Astral body& the etheric body separate together from the physical body. The ectoplasm of the Etheric body can been seen other. The physical body is reduced to a state of near catalepsy during the projection and must be protected from sudden shock or disturbance as there is a rare occurrence of physical death.Ē

So it seems this does not involve a mind split copy of the etheric body, but the actual separation of the etheric body from the physical body. In astral dynamics it is discussed how this is unlikely and unnatural and Robert gives his own theory on it.

Does anyone have any experience with etheric projection or know much about it? Seems a pretty interesting ability.
60  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Theorize! on: July 27, 2003, 05:17:56
In Deon Fortunes Psychic Self Defense she talks about etheric projection, as in the projection of the etheric body within the physical plane. In this state you can apparently manipulate the physical world. I loaned the book to a friend of mine about two years ago and I'm still trying to get it back off him, unfortunately I donít remember enough to go into more detail. When I have searched the web for info about etheric projection I have not found much.
61  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / come on guys on: July 25, 2003, 13:07:13
A few days ago I was reading back over my very first posts, which are about a year and a bit old at a guess. And boy have I learned a lot since then, and while Iíve always tried to make my best contribution, as I read over them I actually felt embarrassed, not by what I didnít know, but by my general outlook and attitude. And in another years time I hope I feel similar about the things I do and say today. Experiencing life changes who we are to the very core, and we are always gaining more insight into our passions and interests, not only because our knowledge expands, but because life allows us to view our knowledge from different angles and a deeper understanding.

Obviously children wonít see things from the same place a more matured person can, regardless of their knowledge. Of course a younger people will have different priorities and interests to an older person. It might seem like some young people get nothing out of coming to the forum. But just like living in a society allows children to slowly soak up new values and norms as their minds mature, being in our little community lets them readily take in new knowledge and understandings as their experience of life, their development allows them to. This is possible because they stay exposed to our ideas and more mature role models even if these things arenít on their minds right now.

I would rather a community that understands, supports and gently guides its young so they might develop well, and then even if they donít stay the seed has been planted for them to return to this area of interest later in life when they will see it from a different angle and want different things from it.        
62  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / vampires / vampirism ! on: July 25, 2003, 02:14:58
Hi RandÝm

I must admit that because I wanted to relate what I had to share back to the original topic I jumped the band wagon on this one, and it was nether necessary or mature. Thanks for the eye opener, at first my ego was screaming for a counter argument, but why insult both of our intelligences. Thank you and I apologise.

P.S Btw when I said ďIím sure most goth vampire typeÖĒ I was not implying that they are in the same boat incase it reads that way, rather the blood drinkers being a segment of the goth community.

Regards
Daivd
63  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / vampires / vampirism ! on: July 24, 2003, 12:46:45
Iím sure most goth vampire type folk donít even fit into this category, I was more talking about the truth behind the mythÖor the reality inspiring the stupidity [Smiley]
64  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / vampires / vampirism ! on: July 24, 2003, 11:38:50
Howdy

Beneath this whole vampire culture fitting in posing shenanigans the true reasons behind blood drinking are very interesting. The collected and processed energy from our chakras is passed into the channel created down our spine by the front and back charkas intersecting with the crown and root charkas. This energy comes to meet the physical body as is accepted by science through the nadis, or the energy rivers that flow along the spine. The nadis are intimately linked to the nervous system, in Gopi Krishnaís Kundalini the Evolutionary Energy in Man he refers to his raised kundalini flowing through his nerves. Anyway back on the farm from the nervous system our energies next port of call is our endocrine system, consider the location of our glands in relation to the positions of our charkas. The energy is then moved throughout the body like every other substance that is really important to reach everywhere in our bodies - our blood.

Apparently people can be born missing a charka, or maybe they just have a massive blockage so they donít get a particular type of energy into their body. And since they have not made subtle energy vitamins yet there is one other way to get the energy you need without going to the drama of improving yourself, drink someone elseís blood. So blood is full of energy, and I guess it really doesnít taste that bad![Tongue] There are some who naturally produce more energy than they need, and in some cases can handle, these people might offer themselves as a donor.
65  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Send your negs to me on: July 23, 2003, 03:10:45

The idea of taking a dangerous neg from someone, say an infant with the intent to protect or save a life is a noble action if you know the risks, and a respectable action if you are ignorant of the consequences.

The idea of taking any personís negs irrespective of the negs strength if you are aware of the risks is foolhardy stupidity. The proposal to take anyoneís negs of any strength when you choose to be ignorant of the consequences is an act of egotistical masturbation, destined to meet a steep learning curve. My subjective reactions to an others equally subjective intent.

There are people who offload their negativity on others, and while it might be possible to give someone else your neg attachment(s) I donít think it is that simple. The neg had to go to the trouble of breaching your defenses, so unless you are a skilled psychic vampire who can breach the defenses of another person and offer them to your attached neg, or your neg has a good reason to leave why would it? However if the other person chooses to drop their defenses and accept the others neg , the neg can choose to attach to them at will. The influence the neg has over you will achieve full strength more rapidly because you have given away your defenses. If a person thinks unseen negative beings do not exist than this is their choice, but if a person thinks they are special and canít be harmed by them then I hope this does not cause them strife. A lack of sensitivity, good natural defenses, a wholesome life and good luck might lead someone aware of negs to think they are not affected by negs. I say why ruin your run of good luck or your Ďblissfulí ignorance by outright allowing something retched inside you and your natural defenses.

Regards
David  
66  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Possible neg/dark mage? on: July 20, 2003, 09:46:18
Hi FT, are you totally sure that itís not a friend or a Ďfriendí thinking they are being funny? I know a few people who make up fake hotmail identities to play jokes or just be down right nasty to people on their contacts lists. This seems the most likely thing if they have real personal information. If its just general info about you they have Ė but enough to be scary Ė maybe they are from a forum you post on and they have got it from your profile. Plus a birthday is a totally easy thing to find out about someone. It seems pretty unlikely that a complete stranger has found you and singled you out for any dark occult purpose Ė so Iím leaning towards someone trying to freak you out. Block them and donít worry about it Ė in the very unlikely even that it is someone with a dark metaphysical motive the last thing you want to do is make the connection stronger by thinking about them or fearing them.

Best regards
David
67  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / The Neurochemistry of Mind Manifesting Experiences on: July 19, 2003, 03:00:35
Thanks interesting read [8D]
68  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / The Astral Thought Relationship on: July 12, 2003, 09:34:12
Dear 13

Thanks for such a great reply, that makes so much more sense. I donít really have any immediate questions springing to mind Ė Iíll just let all of this new knowledge sink in. Iíve been intending to get into Bardonís works for a while now, but Iím resisting the urge to buy any new books until I finish Regaridieís A Garden of Pomegranates. University has my head in medical texts most of the time, so it can take me a while to finish a book. Anyways thanks again [Smiley]

Regards
David
69  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Dear Me on: July 01, 2003, 11:33:15
Bravo!
70  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Alchimiste - an autobiography on: July 01, 2003, 10:53:37
Dear Neg Romoval 5

Iím sure this seems like an intellectual conflict to you, but from my observations this is much more like a cat playing with a ball of twine, but with the ball of twine thinking itís in with a chance. While I am content to sit back and watch this with casual amusement, there is a line which when crossed I feel I must say something. Call me old-fashioned but the abuse, be it verbal or physical against a lady is enough to raise my hackles. I get the impression from your posts that you have a real problem with women.

As mentioned above this is indeed a public forum Ė but it is also a civilised and intellectual forum. Iím afraid you have really let the team down by consistently dropping the ball with both criteria. Regarding your manipulation of topics to make you seem the victim Ė what is your intent? To seem innocent of provocation, to win friends? Iím sorry but the only people left to influence were those who do not get involved in conflict and normally stick to serious or friendly conversation. As one of those people Iím sad to say your complete lack of maturity and composure is disgusting. Get a grip.  

Regards
David
71  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / How do I block mind reading out of my mind? on: June 30, 2003, 01:29:40
Hi Good Hope

Cainam's idea is a very good one. Shielding is a long term solution, but to be effective they take a lot of time and effort to construct, and need to be maintained. You will find several old threads on shielding if you search. The beauty of shielding is that it is limited only to your imagination.

I have experimented with a short term solution however. Unlike having a shield this will take up most of your concentration to use because you make it when you need it, not in advance. When I want to go unnoticed I imagine my aura as turning to a shadow and being separate from the rest of the world. You have to believe it, concentrate on it, and also try to feel a change. And it works. Going unseen however is not exactly what you want, but you see like shielding, this practice is limited only to your imagination.  

While it is possible to change your energy signature and aura so it is closed off or giving a false image there are risks to doing this all the time. It is perfectly natural for other peopleís auras and your own to interact and share information, when this is not possible over time people will begin to see you as cold and distant. With a proper shield which is constructed before you need it you have the time to program it (imagine it has more complex functions). So you can make a shield which allows normal aura interaction, but shuts out aimed intrusive probing or attacks.

I agree with going slow in that people who can actually read your mind and hear your thought words are rare. But people who can look at your aura and find out what you are thinking about are not uncommon. However anyone who is aware of the energy field can learn to probe for information and get a more accurate focused response beyond what typical auric sight will show through pattern and colour. Or the two skills develop at the same time.
72  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / The Astral Thought Relationship on: June 30, 2003, 00:49:08
"idea is the basis behind a lot of occult practices, to have your spells come to fruitition in the physical world, it must first exist in the astral"

Thanks Lysear, but this is why I placed the post under Magic in the first place [Smiley] The question I'm more trying to raise isnt that this relationship exists and how we can use it, but what are the dynamics behind the mind astral relationship. While we know the end result, an understanding of the process could perhaps give us more control over this outcome than we had before.

best regards
David
73  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Hippies on: June 28, 2003, 09:04:15
Nice work Squeek! Always glad to know Iím among well edumakated (hehe) people [Cheesy]
74  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Hippies on: June 25, 2003, 08:40:32
Sure I COULD be all critical and PC, but then again my holidays just started, and Iím trying really hard to just relax and pull the proverbial rod out of my butt. Which right now is so rectally rod like it must have a rod up its own butt Ė yes thatís right Ė ďdear God! The rod up that mans butt must have a rod up its butt!Ē Where was IÖoh yea nice ranting.

BTW five points for the first person who knows where that rod/butt quote comes from!

regards

David
75  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Life and Negs on: June 18, 2003, 06:37:58
An interesting statement Beavis, is this opinion just intuitive or do you base this on something?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14