The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 14, 2021, 12:27:49

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
76  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / cleanliness is next to godliness? on: June 18, 2003, 06:18:04
A clean room helps me to relax and think clearer. But when ever I have an assignment or exams it is just total chaos, which is silly really because the one thing I really need at these times is to relax. But I only clean when I am bored or have nothing else to do – because to clean when I have uni work would equal procrastination which equals EVIL. Its a deadly cycle! [Smiley]
77  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / The meaning of life on: June 13, 2003, 06:25:11
Someone always says it, so cant it be me!

42!

Beav31is, just love that dictionary dont you[Smiley]
78  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / 2 QUESTIONS on: June 13, 2003, 06:20:12
Hi hebrewman,

I think this may be a little out of the scope of knowledge of what most people here can give advice with (although open minded we are). I sincerly believe you should consider seeking the guidance of a trained psychiatrist. This is not something to be fearful of, many wise people have said that when diagnosing a psychic problem it is always best to rule out an internal imbalance. With a problem of such a magnitude I think that it is important to not overlook this, and I think seeking the help of a trained person to give you a hand is a very smart step to take.

kind regards
Daivd
79  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Interesting Website on: June 12, 2003, 03:13:26
Its a great one, thanks!
80  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / New forum subjects on: June 11, 2003, 07:30:13
I also think a forum specifically on the topic of magic would be fantastic. I can think of no astralpulsy related topic I enjoy discusing and learning about more than magic. I mean look at the example above with Lysear and Tisha- everyone has a differnt angle with which they approach and understand 'magic', I love that.

81  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / New member here saying hello! on: June 06, 2003, 01:13:27
Howdy!

mmm gingerbread man.....*drool*
Now that was just mean![Wink]
82  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Demons for you, Demons for me, Demons for everyone on: June 03, 2003, 09:58:18
Dear Kakkarot

This looks very much like a person trying to burn their bridges wether they realise it fully or not. Remember when you very first started on the forum and you were asking for help with your alternate identities. I explained how we have different 'masks' of our self. Well the online self is one of those masks, and for a person such as yourself this is going to be a large and active part of your identity- your online identity is an excape for you. I think that perhaps the parts of your identity not of the net - but the real world are doing what mind voices do best - self preservation (Why meditation and keeping the mind quiet is so hard). If you look at your ego there is a huge contrast between your online and offline self - Im confident of this. Which is dominant?

Even if I missed the mark in suggesting that this egotistical out burst is due to imbalance with your identity and your reality linked mind fighting for its dominance- I implore you to consider this imbalance for the sake of your own mental health. Many of us excape to an identity that comforts our percieved inadequacies, and the internet is a perfect place to do this, but it can go too far to be healthy. I fear you have crossed that line.

In regards to summoning demons well I know just enough to proabably do it, but more than enough to know that I shouldnt. My mind boggles at the idea of yourself, a person with limited magical knowledge to even seriously consider it. Im sure you proabably hate him, but if before I even read this thread I had to ask a person on this forum somthing regarding the summoning of demons, the first person to come to mind would have been alchimiste. You have NO idea how complex this area is, this isnt just moving energy, and its not for dabbling.

Robert Bruce is an example of a man who without a doubt has great metaphysical ability. Does he have a big ego? Does he shun people who have less ability than himself? Or does he try to better humanity and share his knowledge and skill to help others? Contast this with yourself. I could tell you why your differnt, and if you would like me to explaine I will, but I think it would benefit you to answer this yourself.

I wouldnt say anything at all if I wasnt concerned for you, and you know Im not someone to go jumping on the band wagon attacking people. Im not trying to be a prick, Im genuinly am trying to help you. You really need to make some changes in your life, and there is plenty of help available to help you do it, just take the first step. If burning your bridges here is going to help than do it.

regards
Daivd
83  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Ki people! Use my forum instead of this! on: May 28, 2003, 06:18:13
YAY! Great idea! Can this topic be made a sticky one???...Ok I wont lie I only posted this to move it to the top where more people will read it.

But on a more serious note, or perhaps just a more composed one, that is very considerate of you James, and to think it makes everyone happy [Smiley]
84  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Hahaha on: May 28, 2003, 06:12:13
He he nice![Smiley]

I love to do things like this, the city is my playground. Try burning a cd with 2 tracks, the first being two minutes of silence, the second being well use you imagaination. Ma Na Na Na by skin is my preferance [Cheesy] Then take your cd to a MYER, David Jones or any fancy department store, go to the demo stereos,insert the cd in the biggest system, crank the volume - PLAY - Walk away. Then giggle as the sales rep cant figure out which system its coming from because its so damm loud, at this point leaving the area is advisable. Or just walk around with a pacifier in you mouth and eat everything with your fingers...that works too. Of course its only fun if you have a like minded/ equally imature friend...I have plenty[Smiley]

I think its important to keep humanity on its toes!

regards
DaveRock
85  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Hey timeless, you can come back now... on: May 25, 2003, 00:00:21
When you take a step back it seems silly that forums can become such a part of our lives that disputes of such a scale can even happen. I think many of us who have been here a long while, or contributed to a large extent have felt so strongly about something at one time or another we have reacted more turbidly than we perhaps should. The whole Sai baba thing being an example. I guess a lot of it has to do with how much the forum is apart of your social life, and there is nothing wrong with the online world being very important to you. But the online world should remain more in our control, it should ideally be easier to avoid conflict like this. It seems that when conflict allows us to realise how involved we have become, our defence is to get ourselves out of it all together. I know Ive been there, now I come here for a different reason.
86  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / why become a vegetarian? on: May 22, 2003, 06:20:40
Hi everyone

I must admit I have some doubts about some of the common views on vegetarianism, I don’t think people think about their motivations enough. While I do understand that the foods we eat and the things we put into our body have a great effect on our more subtle bodies – and by removing meat there is potential for a positive effect, some other things don’t add up. Not that the above point alone isn’t enough to justify becoming a vegetarian.  

Firstly there is of course the old anatomical and physiological argument, we all know it – the arrangement of our teeth, the workings of our bowel, natural hunting instinct, having eyes on the front of our head – the list goes on. It can not be denied that the human is not designed to kill animals and eat meat.  

Secondly something that comes to my own mind that is harder to describe and argue – but ill try. Within the contemporary attitudes held by the majority of people actively seeking spiritual progression seems to be either linear or continuous/cyclic ideology. Earth and nature based religions emphasise the continuing cycle of life. My own experience here is with Wicca, where I began my own spiritual and metaphysical journey. Scrap the popular new age very wide paint brush attitude of la de da de dar oh the animals am I a wiccan or do I belong in Green peace attitude – which I argue while holding legitimate moral grounds is void of the meaning behind a true earth religion. So instead of nature loving – it should be a case of nature understanding, and of course loving and respecting. A person who understands the cycle of life and tries to live it as much as is possible (wiccan worship) will see that it is natural to kill and eat an animal.

Then you have linear spiritualism – ultimate evolution. Rather than embracing the cycle of life and living it – we try to grow and move away from life. Be you Christian of ceremonial magician you look forward to the next world and losing this hellish mortal coil. Learn our lessons as fast as we can and lets be done with this place right? Many people from this school if they think about it see reincarnation not as a process to be embraced – but like high school, you do it till you graduate and then move on to better things, if you have to do an extra year it is a failure on your part.      

So don’t delude yourself, if you don’t eat meat because you are trying to not rack up bad karma, or you want a healthy energy body to help you evolve-excellent – but see this as your motivation. If you don’t eat meat out of protest of how animals are treated, this is also good, but understand it is perfectly natural for man to farm animals, our strength is our intelligence. We are dominant, we kill and so goes on the cycle of life – this is understanding nature. But the idea that it is just ‘wrong’ to eat meat or not natural, being that we are intended to not eat meat is very flawed.

Best regards
David
87  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Seeing Auras on: May 15, 2003, 05:18:32
G,day Benny

If you go back through the old posts in this forum you will find heaps of good info in various topics on auras. I think its been done to death so people dont get too enthusastic over new aura topics on basic auric sight. Some of the older threads are the best for this very reason

I didnt learn to see auras with Roberts technique, I just started seeing them. But I have used his method to help me see colour in auras, and it works.

As far as being apart of my life experience well that is a very good qeustion to ask[Smiley]. I find that although I cant see change in aura colours well enough to pick up the status of a person, my ability to just look at a person and know about them has increased greatly since I started to see auras. So what Im getting at is while your psychic ability with actually seeing the aura is developing, you might get a greater empathic ability at the same time. So my ability to feel the aura is more advanced than my ability to see it. So just by being near a person I can feel their emotions, intent and pick up things like if they are lying. Over time this has changed my life to make me much more accepting of people and their character flaws. And even though you can go a whole day seeing auras everywhere you might never even think about the fact that you see them or feel them, it just becomes normal. But I find the beauty of some auras you see in your travels still blows you away. So you should find plenty of old discussion on auras in pervious threads, if you have any nice juicy technical questions I cant wait to hear them![Smiley]

regards
David
88  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Spirit in my dream. on: May 15, 2003, 03:28:34
Maybe best not to read too much into such a short encounter, perhaps just take it as a sign of your development, and if you see the same spirit again try to figure out what it could be/mean. Did the spirit provoke any emotional response at all in you?
89  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Energy Itself...what to do? on: May 14, 2003, 06:11:38
Hi HeadachyMuzikGirl

Well that's not a worry mate everyone has to learn to relax, and its so important for your health also. For someone your age to be having stress problems is of concern, but I guess society is placing more pressure on youth with time. One of the best methods of relaxation I have tried is progressive muscle relaxation. Anyone can do it and it works very well. I found this page, you might like to check it out if you like http://http://stress.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/har/les1.htmhttp://. Even spiritual progression aside I could go on all day about how bad stress is for you. So let me know if you need a hand with this okies.

SpiritPathWalker

I see what your saying, and it seems both of our stances have their pros and cons. One thing I did not consider with my last post was how much I learned while doing the choping and changing. A good (well good is questionable [Smiley]) analogy coming into my mind is that if spiritual progression is like traveling across a lake you can either learn to swim before jumping in (energy work and meditation), or jump in and just go for it learning from true experience. Stay on the bank for too long and swimming across the lake might lose its appeal, flail around in the water for to long and not knowing how to swim and you might climb back out disheartened. I would say that beliefs when they are complex hinder development, and this is the danger of following a cultural/religious path (with exceptions), but the benefits of non restrictive beliefs are great. The benefit of knowledge is ultimate. I correct myself in saying that development is infinitely more benificial than choping and changing beliefs, considering the knowlegde that is picked up while you try and find the right way to go, I would agree there is equal benefit when weighed against developing the fundamentals of progression.

regards
David
90  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Limited Scope on: May 14, 2003, 05:38:49
I take the stance that anything is possible, but not everything can be done easily. When I look at someone making a claim of a fantastic metaphysical feat I make a judgement on that person, because some things, although possible still take an enormous amount of energy and ability. For example when someone says in a boastful prideful way that they have levitated, and they are 13 years old and been ‘interested’ in this ‘energy stuff’ for six months now, you immediately doubt them. You look at their manner and personality and this gives you an insight into their spiritual progression, and a look at how long they have trained for gives you an idea of their ability and knowledge. With spiritual progression comes metaphysical ability, so it is possible a highly spiritual person void of considerable metaphysical knowledge could manage levitation. On the other hand a person may have chosen to spend their life nurturing their psychic talents in favor of spiritual progression and will develop adequate ability to pull it off – But this takes a lot of time.

So using these factors you can make a fair judgement, but of course it isn’t fool proof. However to blindly accept every persons claims would be an awful thing to do. For one you might be encouraging someone’s delusion, and facilitate an unhealthy mental attitude. And secondly you are taking away from people undergoing real spiritual progression and the life trials they endure to get where they are going.

Regards
David.

P.S Great topic!  
91  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / How to Be Your Own Guru? on: May 14, 2003, 05:17:00
I have never had a teacher, I originally came into the spiritual metaphysical world as a solitary wiccan, within Wicca there has always been the argument for and against solitary practice. I have made a lot of progress and learned so much on my own, but I can see now how a guide could have made my learning progress so much faster. However while I have gone full circle in so many of my ideas in what might seem a waste of time, on the other hand I have gained so much from learning through my own logic, not being told.  

The major factors are the teacher, and your own style of motivation. I am motivated when I need to impress another person, I have more of a need to show how clever I am than some other people. So I think I would thrive under the guidance of a good teacher. Most people are the same, there are a few types of personality which don’t go well with having a teacher at all. The quality of the teacher is the biggest factor, and you need to figure out their motivation’s before you even understand your own. While a teacher can show you the right way faster than you could have found it on your own, they can lead you the wrong way just as easily. On a more subtle level being in the pressence of more evolved people helps raise the quality of your own vibration, this is another advantage of a good teacher.

So having a teacher can go both ways, and teaching yourself is generally much slower, but much safer. There are so many books available that you can do so much on your own anyway. And there are communities like this one to help if you get stuck with anything. Doing what you can on your own until you find a really great teacher in your travels has got to be a good way to go I think.
92  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / 5 months of headaches on: May 14, 2003, 04:53:25
If you dont mind me asking what have the doctors told you so far,what kind of surgery was performed and what tests have been done? And are you on any meds?
93  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Which hell are you going to? on: May 14, 2003, 04:44:43
Hehe level 8 for me!
94  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Energy Itself...what to do? on: May 13, 2003, 12:49:29
Hi SpiritPathWalker

NEW is not a spiritual path, it is just a form of energy body development, it offers no great knowledge or insight – just exercises. Like meditation it is just another way to help you walk what ever path it is you choose. Spending the first ten years (just a number pluked from the sky) of your spirutal development doing nothing but energy work and meditation, in my opinion is infinitly more benifical than choping and changing your spiritual beliefs looking for what makes sence. What ever path a person ends up choosing - If they do so at all- the fundamentals of an evolved mind and energy body will still be there.
95  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Energy Itself...what to do? on: May 13, 2003, 04:56:17
G,day

Well learning about the NEW energy system is a great place to start, if you go to the main page (astralpulse.com) you will see a section on training, within that there is the 'Treatise on Obe' and 'NEW energy ways'. They both cover what is in Robert's book Astral dynamics. There is plenty of reading to be done there, and also dont pass up the articles section either. Robert's works are actually a fantastic place to start. If you read and understand everything available on this site you will be well on your way. I think you have started at the right place [Smiley]

Oh and without meaning any disrespects to anyone, it might be an idea to not get caught up in the popular topics of the Energy develpoment forum at present, could be counter productive. Fly right and you will understand.

regards
David
96  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Your ALL TIME favorite movie... on: May 09, 2003, 10:43:43
Just one huh! Grrrr

I have thought much and all I have left to say is - Fight Club
97  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Yet another question ive seen all over the place.. on: May 07, 2003, 09:50:44
Hi BagleGod

I personally know a man (a family friend and my martial arts teacher) who can use energy in a combative way, and I know of people through him that can do it on a much more intense level. However he wouldn’t know what a KI ball was if you asked him. I think he more learned how to use an increased awareness of energy to learn how to manipulate the immediate environment around a person, and intent plays a huge part. So to bring that back to earth by learning to feel the energy and intent of his opponent he was then able to learn how to manipulate his opponents energy with the result of making their environment to them seem very different. Now this does not sound as cool as throwing a ball of energy at someone, but in terms of fighting it is going to do a lot more damage. I say this because the majority of people who learn to work with energy will not develop the ability to make a concentration of energy intense enough to seriously harm someone, BUT they CAN learn to directly affect the other persons energy.

So instead of using your energy to make something that can than be entered into someone else’s energy field to harm them – you use your mind and intent to directly make a change in their energy. This is a lot more effective as the human energy system is structured to allow the influence of other people, the aura can be compared to a human body cell to explain this. When the concentration of water is greater within a cell adjacent to another cell, water will be drawn across the cell membrane of the cell with less water until they both have an equal amount of water within them. People’s energy bodies work in the same way – notice how when you walk into a room really full of energy within a little while you will fell just like everyone else in the room? Well this system can be exploited, you use your ‘intent’ or ‘will’ to take conscious control over this system, and instead of reaching equilibrium with the other person, you set out to just outright alter them. Does this make sense?  

So in a fight it is advantageous to make that person fell like they are going to die. If the man I was talking about is casually training with you it is normally very comfortable (in an atmospheric sense – there is always some pain experienced), but he can make your feelings change like a light switch, and it is that strong that even in the dojo you still feel like you are about to die. He also can use a combative form of psychic vampirism by using the energy his opponent is expanding in attacking to actually resist against them in a sense.

The most important thing I want to get across is that there is a difference between attacking someone’s energy system (effective) and using an energy construct to try and harm their energy system (less effective). If you are keen to learn how to use you oodles of time to use energy in fighting then I would suggest you don’t waste your time with this energy ball stuff. Learn to feel the energy around people, training for auric sight is a good way to gain ability in this area as when you can see the energy around people you can comfortably allow yourself to know that what you are doing is 100% real. Lets face it, the day you try to affect someone with energy you are crossing a social barrier of normality, and there will be a tiny part within you that doubts your belief – you need to get rid of that, and seeing auras does this.

Wow I typed lots, regards

David
98  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / WINGS OF FIRE on: May 06, 2003, 04:41:27
It’s called private messaging, USE IT. I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking that the quality of this energy development forum has sunk to the point where its barely worth the click on the mouse to open it. I just keep coming here incase someone who is not in fantasy land actually wants to talk about something remotely interesting or intelligent. And while I’m grumpy and pointing out the fabulous features of the forum note that little page number thing that allows you to read old posts – I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. I’m sure I’m not the only person who responds to a question with less enthusiasm each time it gets asked. I mean sure, if you went here to pick up on a discussion we had six months ago, that’s fair enough and I for one would be more than happy to point out the old thread or continue a new one – BUT – KI KI KI JING JING CHI CHI KI KI KI KI – SHUT UP!!!!! Maybe I’m wrong, but the people who actually knew a lot of stuff and can really answer your questions – DON’T CARE ANY MORE. Read some of Roberts articles, study and practice NEW, do some intelligent thinking. There are MANY forums on the net where you can talk about cartoon inspired excrement all day long, but please I implore you – stop ruining the best forum on the net in this area. If someone came here and wanted to discuss what they had been learning about NEW what the hell are they going to think when they open the forum and find a bunch of 14 year olds and their 15 pages of crap?
99  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Can animals see ki? on: April 21, 2003, 03:26:43
I would suggest that the animal sensed your intent empathetically, and by that I mean it felt you were focusing your malevolent or otherwise attentions on it, not that it knew you were going to throw an energy ball at it. It is my experience that most animals including humans obviously react to intent and emotion, but have no significant reaction to a person ‘throwing’ or sending energy at them. Not becasue its impossible, but simply because very few people have the ability to direct energy in such a way with adequate strength.

This idea of affecting other people or animals with Ki balls, flames and what not is absolutely possible, but I am confident in saying that the level of skill, focus and training is beyond the vast majority who frequents these forums. However that being said using the same skills of visualisation and intent that are used to make an energy ball, can be used to directly affect a persons energy system. Our energy systems are structured to allow the influence of others, and using your energy to directly target and affect theirs is simply taking control over a system we were previously unaware of. It is taking out the middle-man, and is an infinitely more simple, logical and possible way of affecting another, for whatever purpose, be it healing, attack or vampirism.  
100  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Well, this is it. on: April 20, 2003, 02:54:44
I hope you find find and learn about many great things [Smiley]

best regards,

David
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14