The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 13, 2021, 12:35:49

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3
26  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Television and OBE on: January 05, 2005, 22:12:49
Note that Frank says "the physical is an end result" not "reality is an end-result?"  What Frank seems to be saying is that the physical body is simply a temporary place for what you know as you.  This you, some call the soul, the self, the spirit, consciousness, awareness, void, etc.  But that is just me interpreting his words.  I would ask him what he meant directly.

You see, Joerii, "reality" is a subjective thing.  What is real to you may not appear real to me.  What people base their arguments more on than anything else is on "consistency".  If you see the cards in your OBE you may interpret this to be quite real at that moment.  And you may, in fact, see these cards.  But when you go to your friend and tell him the value of the card, you may find that it may be different.  This would present an inconsistency.

A similar thing happens in dreams.  You may see the face of a person you may know but the body of someone or something else.  This would be an inconsistency.

One of your senses may perceive one thing, yet another may perceive another thing concerning the same object.
27  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / The Energy of a Child on: January 05, 2005, 20:36:22
We all know how much energy children have.  They never seem to get tired considering how active they are.  Is this the energy available to us through energetic development or other meditation?  Can we hope to access more than that?  

If we can not hope to capture more than the energy of youth, the implication is that there would still be decease and the like.  This is because children also get sick--possibly even more than adults.
28  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / The Power of Suggestion on: January 05, 2005, 20:16:35
Can the power of suggestion and the effect of placebos be explained in terms of energy or any other phenomenon?  Below is an excerpt from an article I read recently.  The point of my question is not to attack any belief but to try to explain the "Power of Suggestion".  How is it possible that we as individuals can be affected in such a way and to what degree do suggestions operate on us?  Could we all--or at least those not "enlightened"--be living a suggested existence?

For example, could the power of suggestion be explained in terms of our own thoughts?  Perhaps by thinking in terms of the suggestions offered, we effect the changes suggested.  Also, is there a way to know whether something is operating on us because of suggestion or because of some other reason?

And finally, does it matter, as long as it works or brings us closer to our goals?  Said another way, does a suggestion operate on us because we let it or because we have no other choice and our experiences have set us up.  Meaning, is it destiny or free will?

EXCERPT FOLLOWS:

"Scientists in England, headed by Dr. Christopher French, a psychologist at Goldsmith's College, London, and Dr. Richard Wiseman, a parapsychologist/psychologist at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield and researcher into paranormal claims, conducted tests recently showing that claims by the New Agers - that a dangling crystal around the neck can raise "personal energy" levels, cure disease, alleviate stress, boost creativity, raise levels of consciousness, enhance psychic powers in areas such as divination and dowsing, and uplift the spirit - may be totally imaginary. Surprise!

Their study has shown that the sensations reported by believers in crystals - tingling, warmth, and feelings of well-being - come instead from the power of suggestion. There were eighty volunteers, all of whom were given, in advance, a sheet of paper explaining ten of the sensations that they might experience while handling a crystal. Half were given a genuine New Age-approved crystal for a few minutes while relaxing, and the other half were asked to handle a fake crystal made of expensive cut-and-polished glass, but all were told that they handled the genuine article. All but six of the volunteers reported mysterious sensations when they handled the crystals, real or not.

The subjects reported experiencing some of the wonders claimed for crystal-power, among which are: tingling, more focused attention, balanced emotions, a rise in hand temperature, increased energy levels, improved sense of well-being, relaxation of the forehead, stimulation of the brain, and "activation of all levels of consciousness." Dr. French told the British Psychological Society at a conference in Glasgow that the scientists found no difference in the sensations reported by those holding a real quartz crystal and those given a fake, and believers in crystals scored about twice as high on a "combined sensations index," than self-professed skeptics. "
29  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / OBE and Learning on: January 04, 2005, 15:58:56
I am wondering on a practical application of OBE for learning.  For example, is it possible to recall a lecture or lessons from a physical class during an OBE experience therefore re-living the class.

Has anyone here had experiences in which they have re-lived or recalled past events vividly or lucidly?  Also, has anyone being capable of altering or interacting with those events?

If so, this could be used for reinforcement of the material learned or in preparation for a test.

Finally, how far back in time has anyone gone on such experiences?  This basically addresses the capabilities of our memories.
30  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Television and OBE on: January 04, 2005, 15:40:16
Joerii, don't be disappointed if you can't really read those cards while you OBE.  Here's what most experts believe on the topic of OBE according to Frank, one of the moderators of this site.  This appeared in a forum debate or discussion of OBE.

"The term “Out of Body Experience” is today a blanket term used to describe any situation where you become conscious of being mentally focussed within any other realm but for the physical. So whether you “come awake” within a dream, or whether you find yourself floating on your bedroom ceiling looking down at your sleeping physical, or floating on the ceiling of the operating-theatre looking down at your dying physical, or whatever, whatever. If you find yourself focused within any other realm of reality other than the physical, you are said to be having an Out of Body experience.

But do realise that when we say, “Out” of Body we don’t actually mean we have stepped beyond the physical in the sense of being outside of it. When we say “out” we mean out in the sense that we are “not in” or we’re “not at home”. In other words we are “away” or “absent”. Anyone who is anyone in this field realises the physical is an end result. The knowledge of such is so basic, it goes without saying. "
31  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Parallel Universes on: December 30, 2004, 20:40:51
Someone wrote "Precognition breaks the laws of time."

If I remember correctly, time is yet another physical dimension as explained by relativity.

For example, two objects can not occupy the same place at the same "time".  In different times, of course they can.
32  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Predictions of 2004 on: December 30, 2004, 14:42:54
Does anyone know if any of the prophecies of 2004 came true?  How about the tsunami earthquake this past weekend?  Did anyone get close to predicting it?
33  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Television and OBE on: December 30, 2004, 00:54:28
Thanks for your reply Joerii.

I imagine a simple double-blind test can be performed to prove that an OBE is really out of body.  Assuming there is still a connection with the physical world from the OBE Astral world.

For example, maybe putting up some random numbers on a computer screen to see if the subject can come up with them. Naturally, the screen needs to be out of the line of sight of the physical body.

I'm quite sure what I just suggested is a very simplified experiment and this topic could be a lot more complicated than that.

Just thinking.
34  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Confused on Terminology on: December 29, 2004, 22:57:32
James S.  and Tayesin,

Thank you both for your replies.

Just looked up one of the definitions you offered up in the encyclopedia and it appears to have various meanings and functions depending on religion or philosophical doctrine.

For example, "Spirit-self" to the Christian has a totally different meaning from the one you provided.  In some Christian beliefs, this spirit is simply a life force, more like the chi, prana, or energy in other cultures.  Furthermore, it appears not to be eternal in some Christian circles.  It ceases when you die; and in some cases, it simply returns to God in the form of energy.
35  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Why I thought ego was bad on: December 29, 2004, 20:36:14
Let me offer a very personal example.

As a child, my grand mother and the person who raised me and the one I've loved the most implied that I should marry white to better our race.  This was something that at that moment, with the pureness of a child, I questioned internally.  But also as a child, I was helpless to reject something coming from such an important figure in my life.

As an adult now, I've gone back to that and realized how ignorant and at the same time loving of her that was.  The ignorant part I leave to you to decide but the loving part basically expressed her desire for me to live safely and that my offspring live safely in this white dominated world.

Now you could say that that had become part of my personality. Yet, imagine the level of dissonance such an assumption would create in a human being, whether he be white or black.

If you were to look at everything around you, every concept, every abstraction, you will find elements of this in all.  It may help to question all of them--especially those that you believe to compose your "personality" or "individuality".

I always get a kick out of hearing people talk in psychological terms as if they truly described humanity.  They don't even get close.  There are about hundreds of theories on learning alone.  And probably all of them are false.

"Federick Crews and others have argued, there exists not one shred of empirical evidence for Freud’s tripartite division of the mind. Worse, a great deal of recent historical research suggests that Freud falsified many of the case studies upon which his theory was based."

Freud and Nietzsche offered competing views which tried to explain human "irrationality".  These views have lasted nearly a century now and have shaped the language in our society.  They were also among the first to introduce concepts like conscious and sub-conscious to the western world.

We seem to take all this for granted and simply act like parrots instead of being critical.
36  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Why I thought ego was bad on: December 29, 2004, 02:30:08
THERE IS NO SELF.

Everything you've been taught (conditioning or SUPEREGO) needs to be questioned: your habits, your prejudices, your beliefs, etc.  That includes abstract concepts like the ones above fabricated by psychoanalysts or anyone interested in explaining the infinite complexities of life.  They've created these divisions for their own convenience.

Who you think you are needs to be questioned, your identity.  Eventually, we all must realize that each one of us is as good as the next person, and vice versa.  Also, that there is no difference between you and the next person.  That what you do to others you ultimately do to yourself and that what you do to yourself, you ultimately do to others.  Just like we have the power to heal others, we also have the power to harm others.

Finally, just like there is no division in you, there is no division between you and others.  Life is fluid, transparent and these are mere abstractions.
37  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Why I thought ego was bad on: December 29, 2004, 02:10:29
Webster's dictionary definition:

EGO

1 : the self especially as contrasted with another self or the world
3 : the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that serves as the organized conscious mediator between the person and reality especially by functioning both in the perception of and adaptation to reality

SUPEREGO

: the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that is only partly conscious, represents internalization of parental conscience and the rules of society, and functions to reward and punish through a system of moral attitudes, conscience, and a sense of guilt

ID

: the one of the three divisions of the psyche in psychoanalytic theory that is completely unconscious and is the source of psychic energy derived from instinctual needs and drives
38  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Energy Body to Physical Body on: December 29, 2004, 02:00:42
I will do that.  Thank you.
39  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Broken Signal in Vision on: December 29, 2004, 01:55:48
Thank you for the link.  I will have my eyes examined for this possibility.  I recently went to my eye doctor, but it was for a yearly checkup and to get new lenses.
40  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / A different view on OBE/AP: an article. on: December 29, 2004, 01:30:16
I posted this just before starting to read this thread in the experiences section of Astral and now I see it more or less belongs here.  Hopefully it can contribute well to this discussion.  I am more inclined to think in terms of the physical body but I am quite open to other possibilities.  This inclination is mostly due to my academic upbringing.

Also, Xetrov, it appears that you and most people on this site make a few other assumptions I would like to express now.

1.  The assumption that there is a mind. Not explored here.
2.  The assumption that there is such a thing as consciousness.  Also not explored here.
3.  Most importantly, that the mind, if it exists, is confined to one location.  In your case, the brain.

If you want to make an argument for a physical body hypothesis, I would start by not limiting yourself to the powers of the brain but extend that perhaps to the powers of the nervous system.  It may be possible that every neuron is highly important and that the ability of the nervous system to adapt is quite immense--simply judging from the number of interconnections between neurons.

My belief is that the nervous system is re-wired or reconnected based on our experiences (more or less like a neural network--to speak in Computerese).  In fact, we are creating such neural nets in Computer Science but the power of these systems is so minimal compared to the capability of the nervous system.

----------------

For example, after I started energy development using NEW, my body reacted very radically and I simply could not understand any of the things that were happening to me.  This caused so much anxiety in me that I preferred not to sleep.  And many times during the night I would reject sleep for fear that I would get possessed or something.  Grant it that I do not believe in such things but I had read about it here on this site.

To shorten it, I think my desire to remain awake and the nervous system's function as a regulator lead to walking hallucinations or visions.  The vision seems to me now to have been all about me, my concerns, my memories, and my experiences.  

I think this was the nervous system at its best, reconnecting to adjust to a radical experience which caused extreme anxiety and distress.
Now I have less anxiety, and with time, I feel the system will make all necessary connections to bring me back to "normal."

----------------
Here's what I had posted earlier on OBE.

When I was young, I remember being glued to the TV while laying on the living room couch or the floor. After a prolonged period of time, I've noticed my pupils dilate and later experience a sensation similar to an OBE. If you are familiar with this and have OBE experiences perhaps you can comment. During this experience, the TV set seems to get smaller and further away from the physical body and some effort to bring it back to actual focus does not help. I have tried blinking in some cases to no avail. Getting up has helped sometimes.

This leads me to the conclusion that an OBE may actually be a form of dream and not the reverse. Grant it that in such cases, I would have probably transitioned into a dream unless the desire to continue watching the show was greater than the inclination to rest.

It is possible that the fact that I was horizontal for a prolonged time signaled my body to sleep plus me not really wanting to due to my focus on the screen, caused the discrepancy, which in turn caused the mild OBE.

You see the nervous system is very intelligent and it tries its best to adapt to a given situation. There was an apparent contradiction, which the nervous system resolved given some time.

Perhaps those of you who OBE frequently could try that as an experiment to see how long it actually takes to OBE that way. Keep in mind that this may take some hours of watching TV in a horizontal position; also, try nothing else, not even a snack in the middle.

Could this be the case also with meditation induced OBEs?

Please note that I have never experienced an OBE otherwise nor have I explored the TV OBE any further. Also, the experience I expressed does not result in any exit or entry vibrations.
41  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Television and OBE on: December 28, 2004, 23:31:57
When I was young, I remember being glued to the TV while laying on the living room couch or the floor.  After a prolonged period of time, I've noticed my pupils dilate and later experience a sensation similar to an OBE.  If you are familiar with this and have OBE experiences perhaps you can comment.  During this experience, the TV set seems to get smaller and further away from the physical body and some effort to bring it back to actual focus does not help.  I have tried blinking in some cases to no avail.  Getting up has helped sometimes.

This leads me to the conclusion that an OBE may actually be a form of dream and not the reverse.  Grant it that in such cases, I would have probably transitioned into a dream unless the desire to continue watching the show was greater than the inclination to rest.

It is possible that the fact that I was horizontal for a prolonged time signaled my body to sleep plus me not really wanting to due to my focus on the screen, caused the discrepancy, which in turn caused the mild OBE.  

You see the nervous system is very intelligent and it tries its best to adapt to a given situation. There was an apparent contradiction, which the nervous system resolved given some time.

Perhaps those of you who OBE frequently could try that as an experiment to see how long it actually takes to OBE that way.  Keep in mind that this may take some hours of watching TV in a horizontal position; also, try nothing else, not even a snack in the middle.  

Could this be the case also with meditation induced OBEs?

Please note that I have never experienced an OBE otherwise nor have I explored the TV OBE any further.  Also, the experience I expressed does not result in any exit or entry vibrations.
42  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / interesting 'split mind effect' last night on: December 28, 2004, 22:01:22
What would happen if you changed your mind and quickly joined the split mind?  How confusing would that get?

Just curious.
43  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Broken Signal in Vision on: December 28, 2004, 21:41:15
Sorry I am not familiar with this term.  What are the "floaters"?
44  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Energy Body to Physical Body on: December 28, 2004, 21:39:51
This question is more for those with good experience in the Astral and who can see auras and the energy body.

What are the inter-connections between the energy body and the physical body? For example, what connects the Chakras, the chi or prana to the physical body itself? What are the connection points?

Perhaps if we knew this, we could better work on the energy body to promote improved health of the physical body.
45  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Simple Recipe for Grounding on: December 28, 2004, 21:12:06
Tayesin, I am not sure you interpreted my message as I intended.  What I explained was the simple process of freezing due to weather conditions and not due to anything mystical at all.

I likened that process to the process of moving heat in your body.  Are both things connected in any way?  Could it be that when you freeze out in the cold, a part of you goes out to keep you warm and save you from freezing?  

If we talk mystically, we could say that this is simply the spirit or Gods keeping an eye on you.  And if we spoke scientifically, we could say that this is simply part of the functioning of the nervous system, more specifically that part that is responsible for the survival of the physical body--more like the fright-or-flight thing which occurs instinctively.

In both cases though, it is possible for someone to freeze to death or have parts of their physical body amputated due to frost byte.

The explanation by Tyciol, concerning blood flow to parts of the body seems logical also.
46  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Broken Signal in Vision on: December 28, 2004, 20:48:54
After experimenting with NEW, I've noticed various lines in my vision.  Any idea what these things are.  They look a bit like cells, or broken signals. Some of them are circular.

I also use glasses and have stopped using my contact lenses for a while thinking it may have something to do with it.  After NEW, I have experienced improved vision even though I still need my glasses because my vision is very poor.

But these signals I see are very different.  Also, I see them with closed eyelids sometimes.  So it seems to be inside me and not outside.

The also form shapes (not recognizable though).  And some of them I can follow with my sight.  Yet some of them move away from my direct focus.
47  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Confused on Terminology on: December 28, 2004, 17:32:56
I have read on some of these posts the terms

1.  master,
2.  higher-self,
3.  enlightened master,
4.  spirit,

Are there differences between these?  Also, concerning higher-self, is there even a concept of "self" or the "ego" at that moment?  This topic is related to Kundalini and enlightenment, of course.
48  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / clearing the mind on: December 28, 2004, 15:33:51
I don’t know about you, but some of the experiences I’ve had came in the midst of very intense and anxious moments--naturally as a result of fear.  In most cases there was no real focus and certainly no attempt to clear the mind.  In such cases, the system simply would take over after a significant level of anxiety and do its best to keep me safe. Eventually, and sometimes after the experience is achieved, relief and rest come possibly due to the realization that there was not much to it—if you manage to survive and remain sane, that is.

If clearing the mind really leads to anything, then how would we explain the spontaneous experiences that some people have.  Also, how would we explain experiences achieved through chanting and being “in-the-spirit” as some traditions claim.

It would help to know precisely what clearing the mind means.  What parts of the mind (as a concept) are we to clear?  If, the whole idea is simply to relax and let things happen, then “clearing the mind” is a misnomer and the instructions should simply say “relax and let things happen.”

But if clearing the mind means that we should do away with pre-conceived notions and ideas, then that is a different thing, then again, the instructions should say that.
49  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Simple Recipe for Grounding on: December 23, 2004, 20:18:30
I hope you're all familiar with cold climates or have access to ice for this experiment.

This week, I fell asleep in the bus back from work and had to wait in the cold for a bus going the other direction to pick me up.  I had to wait over an hour and the temperature outside was below freezing.

Prior to this and while I drove I had been feeling high in the head due to energy.

The end result of waiting in the cold so long was that my feet (I as wearing shoes and light socks) froze completely and as it naturally happens became hot later on.

Also, after this prolonged exposure to the cold, the heavy-headedness I had felt before dissipated.

Has anyone else here had a similar experience?  I believe this kind of thing would also happen with other parts of your body.  For example, playing footbal in the cold or playing with snow with your bare hands.  Try this as an experiment and let us know your results.

I am now going to throw a theory out there and I hope not to offend any of you.  Could it be that energy raising may be related to this survival mechanism of the human body?  Also, could it be that by raising energy using our thoughts, we are in fact, altering or affecting the survival mechanism of the human body so as to cause a neurological condition--something like a panic attach, to talk in psychological terms?
50  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Stopping the NEW on: December 23, 2004, 19:26:32
It is possible that I may have created the whole scene due to my level of stability.  I also understand the power of suggestion may have something to do with it.

If I remember correctly, there are places on this site where Mr. Bruce talks about Masters in relationship to Kundalini.  I am not sure if I read those prior to or after this experience.

Also, just the same way I am asking here if there is a way for me to control this process (e.g. stop it altogether until I understand it), I also asked the Master.  He offered three suggestions,

One, to stretch.  He actually touched the pillar of a statue and said approximately "so you stretch here."

Two, to sacrifice.  This I am reasoning myself.  The reason is because I frequently pass by this pillar and never really noticed the engraving.  When I went back and reviewed the scene, I noticed that it had the word SACRIFICE on it in big.

Finally, when I told him that the energy system had its own purpose and that I could not control it, he simply said "then fulfill the purpose."

Also, at one time during this engagement, I think I tapped my finger as suggested somewhere in this site and the master disappeared.  This happened as he was jogging (yes, jogging) away.  But this happened in a blink and this was also left in doubt because there were steps in the area and he could have gone down these steps.

I think after the whole discussion with the master, I had a conversation with myself like I did later in the police car.  This conversation was all about me and my own emotions.  I can tell you that much.

By the way, I was also awake the whole time.  I was walking back home from work after leaving early because I was feeling too high to function.

Yet, these things don't really bother me at this moment.  What really bothers me is the sense of instability--sleeping fine one night and then a few nights being wide awake the whole night, walking high while Christmas shopping and feeling like my head was going to explode, mild burning sensations from the touch of my hands (when I touch my stomach with my hands it actually promotes digestion).

See, the thing is that I feel that many of the promises offered by these techniques may be false or that they have not worked for me.

My take is that if the Gods exist, they certainly can do as they please and would have no need for these games.  It is possible that we mortals may have fabricated the whole shebang, as you call it.  In many cases, I am finding that experiments are possible that may prove certain things.

So right now, to answer your question, I am more inclined to think that I thought up or dreamt the whole thing.  I imagine it is possible to be sleep and awake at the same time.  And that now that I am more calm, I choose not to have these dreams.
Pages: 1 [2] 3