The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 22, 2022, 20:58:43

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 33
151  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / John Edward! Fraud or Not? Post opinion! on: August 16, 2003, 16:08:08
you can acuse any medium of "cold reading".  Yes the "amazing Randy" also does that.. Its so comical to see the readings people do when trying to prove mediums are fake.  they're more like vaugn pragh..

I think you should calm down a little.. no reason to hate someone just cus they're high profile.  I think a lot of this has to do with the belief if a person is real they wouldnt profit.  I think that is a lot of crap personally.  But thats another debate.

Its funny because they'll pick at things that could possibly be a cold reading and say see.  But the many where there are no techniques at all where he could have possibly come up with the stuff they dismiss it.

But he makes money and is high profile.  He must be bad.  Please look at debunking sites and think for yourself.  Think there aren't sites that debunk anything paranormal with their little arguments about what's really happening?  

Mediumship by its very nature can be argued its all cold reading.  I get sick of phrases too that are overused and people really dont know what they mean.
152  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / God and GoddessNames on: August 16, 2003, 10:19:31
quote:
Originally posted by clandestino

Mirador, you said Damballah-Aida Wedo (The Rainbow-Serpent Supreme Being of Voodoo)...I'm curious how the words translate, as I've got a friend called aida...I'm wondering, is she a serpent or a supreme being ?!

I dont think Mirador is able to post anymore.. ?
153  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / John Edward! Fraud or Not? Post opinion! on: August 16, 2003, 01:46:58
Hes nothing like sylvia browne.

Face it if Robert Bruce was in a room saying the exact same things as JOhn edwards many here would say its indesputable he's a real medium.  But since JE is so high profile then suddenly its just luck.  Its too be expected.  This type of "everyone who is well known must be a fraud" but it isnt always true.

these high standards of being exactly right.. which mediums are we comparing them to?

Who are they giving a bad name?  come on mediums you think are real are most likely very inaccurate.  They're just not famous.
154  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Dumb question about drugs? on: August 16, 2003, 01:11:11
I downloaded everything of bill hicks I could find off the internet and listened to it about 1000 times.  I dont agree with everything he says but you're right Inguma he was a great man and comedian.
155  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / John Edward! Fraud or Not? Post opinion! on: August 16, 2003, 01:04:12
btw I really hate sylvia browne too.. she and van praugh (sp?) in my opinion are really obvious frauds.  I hate her on that montel show too.. "oh you're gonna marry someone but not the guy you're with.. dump him".  thats such crap and abusing what mediumship is supposed to be about.
156  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / John Edward! Fraud or Not? Post opinion! on: August 16, 2003, 01:00:45
I dont think he's a fraud at all.  I really think he's the real deal.  If you really watch his show and the specific stuff he comes up with along with his down to earth style.  Well its that along with just my gut feeling that he's sincere and real.

When you're that high profile though you'll have tons of people who try to debunk you.  Plus in my opinion james van pragh makes the whole thing look bad which sometimes taints him.

I think hes real though.  And im pretty skeptical about stuff.
157  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / buying books at Borders on: August 16, 2003, 00:55:10
quote:
Originally posted by Lasher

quote:
Originally posted by shadowatcher

"No, What I really want is-" But she was writing up a sales slip for Harry Potter. Sighing, I paid her the money and left the shop. 8 dollars poorer, and a million years wiser.

So that's how Ms. Rowling sells so many Harry Potter books!!! [:O]

Young Customer:  Excuse me.  I'd like to buy this book.

Store Clerk takes the book and looks at the cover through her bifocals.

Store Clerk:  Let's see here... Catcher in the Rye, by JD Salinger... Oh no no no.  This won't do at all.  

Store Clerk sets the book under the counter and hands Young Customer a 12 pound tome from the Children's Stack.

Store Clerk:  This is the book you need.  

Young Customer:  But Mam, I was really hoping to purchase Catcher in the Rye...

Store Clerk:  Catcher...?  You haven't seen catching until you've read about Harry Potter racing on his Nimbus 2000 to catch the Golden Snitch!!!

Lasher

LOL@that
158  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Jacobs Ladder on: August 15, 2003, 21:48:01
Its one of favorite movies.
159  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / masculine/feminine + four elements correlation? on: August 15, 2003, 21:44:46
Its really disgusting a person would resort to that.

I think Im beginning to see what Adrian means about black magic not being real magic.  What type of person would even try pulling that stuff?
160  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / buying books at Borders on: August 15, 2003, 19:52:01
Seems we're catching eachother at the wrong time Peaceful warrior.  I was in a pretty bad mood this morning if that came out harsh.  But thanks for the responses Everyone  

It did make me feel like I was doing something wrong in a way.  I might even hesistate to buy another new age book from there.  then again.. nah.

take care
161  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Dumb question about drugs? on: August 15, 2003, 10:11:54
Another plus btw liz is if you do happen to go overboard and become a drug abuser a new door will open for you.  The opportunity to become a reborn and save many people's souls by preaching of the evils of drugs.  Its a win win situation in the end.

Im only joking about that.  But I am serious you will not find an unbiased view on this.  There are drawbacks.. but there are also drawbacks to be so afraid of anything labelled bad and just go by people's word.  The key is having enough willpower to not go overboard.  Not enough people have that.. and thats when the fear comes in.  BTW I dont do drugs anymore.. And I never got in trouble for doing drugs.  Never drove drunk (honestly), never got into a fight while high.  Thats where personal responsibility comes in instead of blaming a substance.
162  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Dumb question about drugs? on: August 15, 2003, 10:06:47
Very well said Inguma you actually took the words right out of my mouth.  Very well said!

Well I was gonna recommend liz download or get some Bill Hicks too.  I see a lot of fear when drugs are mentioned.  And they aren't the end all be all to mystical experience but I think there is a place for them.  They really helped me see the importance of having another perspective and how the mind really does shape our perspective of the world.  But I never abused them.. maybe thats why I dont have an overly negative view on them.
163  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / buying books at Borders on: August 15, 2003, 09:05:03
Its funny because I've never gone up to someone with a bible and told them "this is good and all but the real answer lies in" such and such.

Or tried to make them feel bad for buying a religious book.  Theres a limit to how much crap we should have to take just because we decide to buy a new age book.  The funny thing is they think they have the answers when really they're extremely misguided.  

Save it for friends or people on the street. But when buying a book and in your own space the last thing you need is an over zealous person preaching to you.  There is a time and place for that thing and it gets tiring after a while.

How many bible study classes are interrupted by OBE enthusiasts going in telling the "truth"?  They'd get converted or attacked.

theres a limit to my patience with fanatics.

BTW did i mention he didnt preach to the guy in line before me about God? I had never had my ID checked in the store when using my check card. Who's the one doing the judging?

He talked to the previous guy about the weather. What gives a person the right to chose me to preach to because of a book im buying in a huge chain. If it had been a person going up to random people in the park believe me I am tolerant. They are just in their "spreading the word groove". But when they single you out because it is clear you are reading on a subject its clear they are the one judging you need help.

Since when is it okay for a person working in a BOOKSTORE to judge you and preach to you because of a book they sell in that bookstore. do you really think its okay for a christian to invade a person's space just because they think they're doing the right thing? or are you saying we should just get used to it.. I mean afterall we all know how often metaphysical people approach christians trying to convert.

I understand your point, but its built on the christian belief a persons beliefs aren't to be respected and its okay to infringe on them because you're spreading the word of god.

One more time.. how often are Christians recruited in the streets to study wicca or study OBE?  Maybe if you knew what it felt like to constantly be told you're not saved instead of knowing you are and saying "oh I am brother I am one of you" you could relate.

Just like in that one thread where the person said accept Jesus or you accept the devil and i said "yadda" you were offended I insulted his/belief we were accepting the devil.

I think you need to open your mind more.  Not people who are tired of the christian crusaders.

P.S.  I know this is harsh but its 420 in the morning and im a little tired of the excuse "they are just trying to help so its okay".  Help someone when they're not a customer.  A paying customer btw who is buying something from their store.
164  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / locked topic? on: August 15, 2003, 01:01:28
I do want to add I think the mods are fair and good etc .. I remember back when most were just  regular posters..

But my complaint was just on that one policy.. since it really doesnt stop a person from running around getting other topics locked.  

I reread it and realized I didnt make that clear.  maybe.

165  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / interesting divisions on: August 15, 2003, 00:48:50
Thanks for the great definitions jiloja.  

I dont really understand the high magic, low magic etc.  That seems sort of "political" to me.  There seems to be a lot of "you're not a real magician" because of certain flaws.  Definitions like that to me seem a little unrealistic (Adrian's) who in the real world is completely in tune with universal law?  Those seem like only theories.  I would guess far more people who practice magic and who do it well are more developed people maybe (spiritually) but for the most part not always in tune with and as perfect as your definitions make it seem they need to be.

I like to see how things are practiced more than theory of how they should be in an ideal world.

Does anyone here respect Crowley? The very fact he had such an effect on the world of magic suggests to me he was "advanced".

Adrian do you practice magic?  Im curious because you have very strict ideals it seems on what it means to practice it.  Is it really possible to be always "in total harmony with Universal laws at all times, and never, ever does anything contrary to those immutable laws."

In practice does that ever happen?  I love hearing personal experiences.  To me they are valuable.. and for a person who is just starting out.. much more valuable than idealistic theories.
Im sure there are a few people out there who practice and always do so in harmony with universal laws.. maybe.?
166  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Gone for 2 weeks on: August 15, 2003, 00:18:07
Ill miss reading your posts for two weeks.  take care
167  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / buying books at Borders on: August 14, 2003, 22:49:12
Oh I forgot, I also had never had my ID checked and I've bought many books from borders.  But this time he asked if he could see my ID since I was using my bank card.  Coincidence?  I think the book alone made me more suspect.  hmmm
168  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / masculine/feminine + four elements correlation? on: August 14, 2003, 22:38:30
btw aphophis.. you're a little too impressed with yourself.
It's actually sickening to see especially since you're not showing all that much to be impressed about.

Tone it down a little.. a little more information with a little less 5 year old Im better than you crap, please.
169  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Gone for a while... on: August 14, 2003, 22:33:59
Im jealous.  I love alaska.  see you when you come back..
170  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Chaos Magic? on: August 14, 2003, 22:28:19
quote:
Originally posted by APOPHIS

THE NUMBER OF CHAOS IS eight.
THE 8-POINTED STAR OR A CROSS.
8 directions to do magic, whenever you like,
not the usual 1 or 2-directed magic.
every second, you can choose another direction.
that´s Chaos.
especialy everbody doing it.
just like the ´Chaos theory´ in the biliard.
you cannot predict noone´s move.
-the gratest fear for every government!
ZERO IS NOT AN NUMBER, IT IS ANTI-NUMBER,
JUST LIKE BLACK IS NOT AN COLLOR.
the Zero gives ABSoLuTe freedom,
and there is
no need to practise magic from that
position of conscioussness,
because you would most surely get
0=2!

You dont get invited to many parties do you?
171  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / masculine/feminine + four elements correlation? on: August 14, 2003, 22:24:31
quote:
Originally posted by APOPHIS

you are so normal, and polite to each other that it
makes me puke.
 aelement of Earth hard, solid-masculinum,grounding, the root.

I had to laugh at that.  I think at times it is taken too far.  To the point where people are afraid to disagree due to how it will make them look.  Less advanced?  Maybe they'll get judgements on ego work that needs to be done.

Its better to say "thank you for your observation im a moron" however, I beg to differ.. IMHO I am not.. etc.. etc.
with much love, etc etc"

sometimes I also want to yell at people to get real.  Its prob just my ego though.  Right Adrian?

172  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / interesting divisions on: August 14, 2003, 22:18:52
quote:
There is of course black Magic which again is usually not true Magic, but which will usually harm others resulting in Karmic consequences for the practitioner.

That seems like a value judgement more than a fact.  If they are doing something which causes an effect on the universe etc ..etc.. isnt it magic?  I thought magic wasn't really aligned with good or bad in and of itself.  Its which you chose to follow.
173  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / locked topic? on: August 14, 2003, 16:33:48
I cant resist saying one more thing on the matter.  

Adrian, the very fact you declared your support for Tishas decision and the fact she was right no questions asked when James locked it with this statement.

quote:
Hello apophis.

For a few reasons, among which it seems that you do not pay attention simple requests, this topic will now be locked!

You have been told by the forum's administrator Adrian, as well as two moderators, Tisha and myself to stop typing your posts with the caps lock key on.

As to the last questions you rudely shouted at us, You have told us in your profile that you are 23. You have also told us where you are from, a fact that was confirmed when I checked the geographical location belonging to your IP address range.

Any adept practitioner of magic on this forum will confirm that you would have little in the way of skills in magic as you have not yet mastered your ego or your emotions, which is fundamental to the art.

You have no idea of who you are really talking to on this forum, as indeed very few of us do, except perhaps those of us who have been around long enough to get to know people such as Tisha, and what she is capable of.

You are not adding anything at all to the quality of information on this forum through your harsh and arrogant words. Please consider changing your approach, and how you present your words if you wish to continue as a member here.

Shadowatcher,
I sincerely apologise for locking down this topic that you started. Your question was genuine and well stated, and I hope that you got some useful information to help guide you.

Regards,
James

well... call me overly suspicious.. but that along side the fact I addressed James directly leads me to believe your post a "dont question the monitors".  I mean please if you're going to make such a statement at least read the thread Im commenting on.

At least pretend to go through the motions before making such a declaration.  Because at that point it becomes word .. then its too late.

Im really done now commenting about this.  But that did rub me the wrong way obviously.  

sincerely.

the person posting this message
174  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / locked topic? on: August 14, 2003, 15:45:18
quote:
Originally posted by Adrian

Greetings everyone,

Tisha did exactly the right thing by locking the topic at her discretion, and she has my full support as do all moderators.

And of course that is all that matters.  Realisitically there is a heirarchy.  Robert Bruce, Adrian, all other mods.. then our opinions which btw Im grateful you listened to.

BTW it was James not Tisha.

I may be arrogant but Im not the type to disrespect and show no reverence for mods.  So end of discussion.  Im sorry for even speaking my opinion.

Since its obvious the right thing was done.. by... T..James.
175  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / locked topic? on: August 14, 2003, 13:46:47
James,

You know me I hate to be argumentative [Wink], but you're right it wasn't the first.  It was the second (since I've been here).  The first happened when there was nothing left on the thread but threats of death and personal insults.  There were at least 4 people involved and the thread was going nowhere

You locked that topic not because the thread was going to go nowhere but because the poster wasn't adding anything anymore and he and trisha were going back and forth.  

I think there is a difference and I see many topics if this policy follows that will be locked.  Or should be based on the fact a few people are not going anywhere other than arguing with eachother.  

But I realize if the mods think its cool then it must be cool etc.  It seems self monitoring is the way to go.  But maybe if a thread is closed when I cant help but comment on a person you're really helping me out.

This is just myopinion on that.  Its not really a big deal or a personal attack.  I just would hate to see nothing but locked topics forcing topics to go off the active pages just because they got heated or argumentative.

take care
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 33