The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 02, 2021, 19:35:50

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33
26  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / total recall on: July 14, 2003, 17:48:35
How is it some people are able to remember so much detail from their Lucid Dreams or OBE's?  For example Robert Monroe.  He has all these really detailed memories of speaking with beings from other places and everything they said.  

I can only remember bits and pieces.. sometimes I'll luck out and remember whole fragments, but its not that often.  I've been keeping a journal which helps, but I cant help but wonder sometimes how much I actually missed or forgot.  There are times I feel I know I went lucid I just cant remember.

What are techniques you all use for this.  I remember reading RB's method of setting a time with your astral double and sort of doing the download thing, but I dont have enough control over anything right now to do that.

It just seems such a waste to forget such experiences.  The memory of a lucid dream at times is the only thing that gets me through the day.
27  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / time for a break on: July 02, 2003, 01:23:47
holycrap if the gods out there arent saying its time for a break from this place I dont know what kinda message I need.

Hopefully this will help things to simmer down.  see you people in a few weeks or so.

28  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / tortilla ki bomb tech on: June 30, 2003, 16:15:10
This morning I programmed a ki blast onto a tortilla to go off at impact.  The flour tortilla landed on my dog and stuck to her for a short time until she shook it off.  Any thoughts on this?

disclaimer:  The dog was not hurt in anyway.  In order to reward her for being a part of this experiment I did butter the tortilla and she ate it.  It is one of her favorite snacks.
29  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Just one suggestion would help. on: June 29, 2003, 10:09:24
I have hinted at a question and no one has really answered so I'll ask again.  For people who project regularly and have "controlled" projections where do you start?

It may seem simple but I really dont know where to go or how to go about finding a locale where I can visit on a regular basis.  Maybe part of it is the fact I still think im dreaming, but even then I often find myself searching for something I dont remember finding in MOST projections.

Do you have to have a guide first?  Do you focus on a location and go there then have a set plan on what to do?  What is a controlled projection?  Where did you start when you decided to plan out your projections?

Any advice would help

30  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / where do you write? on: June 27, 2003, 00:10:16
Does everyone here have a certain place they write?  Do you find you can only write in a room designated for that?  Do you type your stuff out on a computer or typewriter?

Even when I was doing writing for school assignments I could never find a place that felt comfortable writing in.  I was just curious if making out a room where you write and a ritual in a way helps the people here.

Thanks
31  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / you know you're bored when on: June 26, 2003, 22:08:29
You know you're bored in your waking life and lucid dreaming life when you pass up a lucid dream for the dream you're currently in before you turn lucid.

Lastnight I became lucid during another dream (that I can't remember now).  I actually made the conscious choice to not go off and explore, and clear my mind etc like I normally do when I realize im dreaming.  Instead I decided to do that later and for now just go on with the dream I was already in.  I knew I wouldnt find anything fun to do while "exploring" so decided to just go with the dream and forget about the lucid part.  I lost lucidity soon after that and by the time I became lucid again it was time to wake up.  I knew it was too late to explore because I couldnt dream from the first person perspective.  Instead I felt outside myself which makes dreams less enjoyable to me.  

Anyway, Im at a loss of what to do in dreams anymore that will be fun.  It seems when I become Lucid nothing sounds like a great adventure anymore.  I think it actually might be linked to things going on in my life, where I feel I need to be more grounded... but the feeling i get is boredom.  Its sort of lame when what was once so fun isnt as fun anymore.  Plus no one seems to want to talk to me in the Astral and whenever I ask for my guide I'm woken up.  Either by a banging on my wall or my foot falls asleep.  I had one person come up to me once and say "i've been your guide all your life", thats the last person I have met when I've asked to talk to someone.  

I hope this feeling of boredom is a stage.  Anyone here have any good ideas what a person should do while lucid?  Its like im not even excited at the idea of trying to go to the astral at this point. maybe I should just stand where I am and wait for something to come for me.

Has this ever worked for anyone?  What do you do when you're in an OBE or a LD (btw this happens during OBE's for me too).  Do you somehow stay in one place and see where you're pulled or do you zip around trying to find something fun.  It just seems I cant find that fun place.. maybe it's time to sit still and wait.
32  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Fascination with negs decrease? on: June 26, 2003, 18:03:17
I was wondering if people here found that their fascination and belief in negative entities being everywhere and responsible for most things scary decreased with more experience in the Astral?

In one of Monroe's books, I believe it was Ultimate Journey(s?) he found out about the kittens that he mistook for demons or entities, as well as other scary situations and what they really were.

I've found that learning more about the possibilities and strength of thoughtforms helped me confront scary entities which completely STOPPED scarying me once the fear was gone.  I mean they just disappeared not just the fear but most of the entities themselves.

I have no doubt there are entities out there that are in some way "negative", but It seems the more experience I have in the astral the more they become a non issue.

I wonder if this is a pattern for most people.  And on the other side of the coin does fascination with negs keep them in your life.  For example, if you're set on proving they are there and how powerful they are etc?

33  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / hobbits?? on: June 19, 2003, 05:18:29
I figured someone on this forum might know the answer to this question.  Hobbits are what?  I take it they're half human.. whats the other half?

Thanks people.  It just started bothering me.. watching the movie and not knowing.  I should have read the book [Cool]
34  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / cleanliness is next to godliness? on: June 17, 2003, 14:58:00
I was curious to find out if people here really feel a difference in a clean space (home, office etc).  Do you find changes in your energy levels according to whether your house is full of clutter or clean?  why is this?

I personally am a clutter king.  No matter how clean I try to keep my apartment its always full of clutter.  One early "vision" I had while meditating was a table full of crap.  Like just tons of clutter and I saw what looked like a black void thing (probably symbollic) move all around the table and then the table had nothing on it.  It didnt take me too long to realize what this vision, hypnogogic imagery or whatever it was was trying to tell me.

why is there such a difference in the feel of a place once its clean and organized.  How did any of you get organized??

It seems common sense and it shouldnt be an issue but its something I find very difficult to do.
35  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / kakkarot you can come back now.. on: June 09, 2003, 04:32:06
you know you want to..

Im such a bandwagon jumper on these theme threads.
36  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / why cant i fly anymore??? on: June 05, 2003, 03:31:37
I've had around 5 or 6 OBE's/LD's and there is one common theme now.. I am not able to fly in them.  It has become almost second nature for me to look at the sky and just go into it, and its very frustrating for me.

I Have no idea why this is happening.. The environment doesn't seem all that different than before.  Is it a mental thing?  has anyone else ever had time periods where they weren't able to fly?

Any help would be appreciated.
37  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / another topic about kid's abilities on: June 04, 2003, 01:17:16
I was watching John Edward this morning.. (yes i like that show on my days off).  And he got an image of a kid being afraid of a moose or a cow.. he wasn't sure what it was and asked the lady if she recently took her son to the petting zoo and was he afraid.

She stated no.. then when pressed admited her son (ever since her dad died, his grandfather) has reported seeing a Moose in his room.   In a hotel they stayed in he told her "there is a moose right there" and he was afraid of them.  Then she said there's no moose he said "its a cow then?".  He then started chanting "theres no moose there theres no moose there" as a way to convince himself.  I got the feeling he was like 5.

Anyway John Edward told her in all seriousness to take her son seriously.  He relayed to her that he used to always see a wolf in his room as a kid and no one believed him..and how scary it was.  He was very no nonsense and told her it could be his imagination but more than anything she should tell him he's safe etc.  I think this is important.  Whatever you think of John edward he is on Television and getting messages across.  Maybe more and more kids will be listened to and at least not told by some parents its their imagination and they need to get over it.

I just thought that was interesting..
38  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Carlos Casteneda? on: June 01, 2003, 03:17:56
I haven't heard much about Carlos Castenedas (sp?) books on this forum.  why is that?  when im at the bookstore I see a bunch of his books.  Anyone here read his stuff?  Is it worth buying?  Its hard for me to just pick up a book i haven't heard anything about.  

39  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Why do they do this and who is "they"? on: May 29, 2003, 17:12:21
In all my Lucid Dreams over the past 15 years or so fear has been one of the major factors.  From as early as I can remember something was holding me back or scaring me into trying to wake myself up.  In a way it was helpful because the fear and the weird situations in the RTZ is what led me to control my dreams and go outside and enjoy the lucid dream environment.

I have recently made more progress in the fear department in the last 6 months than I have in the previous 15 years.  This is largely due to posts I read here.. (sincere thanks to Frank and Timeless).  What they said about fear really rang true for me.  Before I would deal with it by running up to the entity and fighting it.  By saying "you're not real" and just going head to head with it.  But i still FELT the fear.  Recently (very recently) I honestly dont feel fear.  I was having a weird rtz episode the other night where i was watching tv and went to bed.  there was an entity in my room and a black bat entity flying at me.  I shrugged it off and said try something else im not afraid anymore.  And i really felt no fear.  It really did come from realizing it was my fear that caused much of it.

The point of this post is "it" did try something else.  For the past week there is still a prelude and Im not able to automatically enjoy my AP's or LD's.  Instead Im overcome with very very strong sexual feelings that are very hard to fight.  Part of it is because its so pleasurable its very tempting to stay where I am and play along.  

I dont think its anything other than my dealing with another ego.  I mean now that Im done with fear im gonna be held down by sexual urges?  Due to the fact once I stopped feeling fear I stopped having entities chase me all night I dont think its a succubus or incubus.  Its almost situations which they KNOW to me are huge turn ons.  Even some kinky ones.  Im not angry with it although I often feel ashamed.  

Does this ever end?  I try to resist the temptation just because there are better things to do but im amazed how fast it changed from fear to another strong feeling (sex).  

I really hesitated putting this up.  But I did it hoping someone has had a similiar thing happen.  I dont know where else or who else to tell about this.  In my younger days it would be a dream come true.  These situations im put in that are so sexually charged.  But its not what I want in that environment anymore.  

40  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / roll over method on: May 27, 2003, 21:01:31
Anyone here use the rolling over method to Project?

I tried it the other night after reading one of Monroe's books.  It was weird for me because it worked right away which was great.. but I felt like a baby.   I had no energy at all and i was all turned around or something.  Maybe i was low on energy or something but i felt really weak.

Anyone else have similiar experiences with the rolling out method?  I'd like to try it again.. maybe it was just a fluke.  But i couldnt go anywhere.  I felt like there was no substance to me
41  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / impossible... unethical? on: May 26, 2003, 00:16:06
Is it possible to suggest things to people in the astral who are in the physical.  Lets say you were just interviewed by someone for a job you really wanted.  Forgetting ethics for a minute is it possible to influence them in the astral.  Like if you visit them and send a lot of love to them.  I guess you dont have to forget ethics is it really wrong to try to do this.

I dont mean like suggesting to a woman/man they sleep with you.  Though I guess getting a job or trying to persuade them to chose you for something isnt any better.

Any thoughts on this?  

42  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / super consciousness?? on: May 16, 2003, 21:07:35
I read in Journeys out of the Body a while back that Monroe went to visit people he knew in real life.  He wrote in his book they actually spoke with him while he was out of body and carried on a normal conversation.  Of course there was speculation he made the conversations up or he expected them but maybe there's more to it than that?

In One of my OBEs I walked past one of my roomates and started walking through the wall to go outside.  He waved at me and said a very cheerful hello.. he had a look of surprise on his face but i was more shocked he talked to me.  

Later on I had thought it was a reality fluctuation type of thing, however reading Monroe's account of the same thing happening to him made me think.

Are they reality fluctuations or is it some aspect of the actual person who is aware of the astral world?  Is this why our subconscious knows so much and relays it to us through dreams.  If that part of us is really that aware I think it would be important to know that.

thanks people.
43  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / From LD to the astral on: May 14, 2003, 16:08:18
What are techniques you all use for turning a lucid dream into an astral projection?

A few nights ago I became lucid in a dream and I cleared my mind by focusing my awareness on the back of my head. The scene around me just peeled away really fast, but not instantaneous and I found myself standing in my r/t room.

At this point I normally try to find something colorful or a tunnel to take me to the astral. But I remembered reading something RB wrote about using the cover of Astral Dynamics as a way to enter. I jumped into the book.. well i put my head in and kinda tried to fall into it. There was a swirling color thing I was in where I tried to leave in one of the colorful parts. I ended up in shopping mall type place to hotel type places filled with people. I made a point to say hi to each of them and they sort of looked up and said a friendly hi. I was trying to figure out if I was really in an AP or a LD which my mind created.

I remember there was a man and woman in the sauna at the hotel I fell into and he was singing a really weird song. It was really detailed though and I thought to myself "there's no way I made that song up".

I still dont know what the astral looks like compared to a dream. One thing I tried to do was to control my environment and fly into the air. I wasn't able to do it and in Lucid Dreams its very easy to do. Maybe this was an indication I was in more of an astral location than a Lucid dream? I also tried to keep my mind clear so I wouldnt add to the scenery around me.

Anyone here have a method of your own of how to make sure you're not still in a Lucid dream. I realize they're closely connected which is why I prefer to "step out" of my body using the rope method as a method for OBE. I've only done it this way twice where I was conscious from trance state to stepping out of my body. IT seems I feel I need this proof in order to know what is outside me isn't a dream I created.

Anyone have a method you've used which goes from LD to the astral? I wwas very happy the book cover thing worked for me because I have spent countless lucid dreams trying to find some kind of opening. I was very pleased to be in a swirling tunnel finally.

Anyway thought I'd share.. I know a lot of what I read in here I remember when lucid.
44  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Question to timeless on: May 03, 2003, 22:00:27
I had read something you typed a while ago, but I cant find it.

You said that when you do something wrong priveleges are revoked.. I think you were saying that in the context of shadow work.

First question, Dont you think it could be the guilt you feel at thinking you did something bad that revolks priveleges?  Not that you did something bad in and of itself?  

Another question I thought doing shadow work is accepting there is a part of you that might do something "bad".  Wouldnt you then lose that type of guilt and naming that part of you "bad" and the way you normally act "good"?  I thought shadow work was to accept that part of you that does get angry, upset, frustrated etc.

Thanks for your time.. I was just curious about this comment.
45  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Can we regress in the next life? on: April 30, 2003, 01:01:04
Is regress even a word?  Sometimes I feel like I make words up..

One of my fears about the next life is something will happen where I'll regress spiritually.

It seems only logical with each life we'd learn more and hopefully get closer to being enlightened and whatever comes after that.  Im just really afraid I wont remember any lessons in the next life and start from square one.  I hope the higherself always choses a life where they'll learn more.  

One thing that also bothers me is I wish we could chose to remember this life.  At least at one point.. Ive heard of people who remember some of their past lives.  Is that always through hypnosis or do any of you remember your past lives?
46  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Power of expectation and fear. on: April 27, 2003, 05:47:22
I had an experience yesterday that taught me something about fear and trying to guess what something is..

I know a lot has been said about thought forms and fear; also about interpreting things to coincide with the way you're feeling.  So I thought I'd relay this just as a way to give another possiblitity to some of the seemingly scary astral phenomenon.

I did some energy work before taking a nap yesterday afternoon.  I woke up with sleeping paralysis, and for the first time I was sleeping on my stomach when I woke up in this condition.  This might be why I could move a little.
Anyway to my side I saw a black alien shaped entity.  The thing is i've seen this entity for a while and Im not convinced its dangerous.  Im using the experience to deal with my fear so I dont try to snap out of paralysis when I see it.  Instead I try to concentrate on the fear thing.

Anyway I wasn't all the way paralyzed and was in a deep trance.  I then realized I felt a very strong scratching sensation on my back.  It was pretty painful and in this state any strong sensation is scary.  Especially with an entity just watching me.  So I closed my eyes and asked for a vision of what was happening to me.  What I saw was what looked like a monkey or some kind of demon on all fours scratching at my back.  just clawing at it.. as if it was digging into it.  

It scared me of course and i tried to focus white light on the area.  Anyway I finally woke up.. and my cat was trying to wake me up.  I didnt think anything about it I just got up and opened the door for her to get out.  It took me a while to wake up and I realized my back was actually hurting.  It then finally dawned on me that I remembered my cat was on my back when I woke up.  I had little scratches under my shirt.  

Anyway my point is I realized that in my mind i saw the monkey or whatever clawing frantically on my back.  Because of my fear I thought I was being attacked.  When it was really nothing more than my cat trying to wake me up for whatever reason.

The funny thing is she is never that rough usually and has never scratched me before.  I still cant explain the entity, but I dont get a huge feeling of fear when I see it next to me anymore.  I have to admit Its not fun to wake up and see it at the corner of my bed.  One night I actually "heard" in my mind ..(really persistant thoughts) "isnt he amazing.. isnt he great".  Im not going to try to get up and fight this thing because I still am not convinced its not a thought form.  Or really something which is helping me get over my fear.

Anyway I thought I'd pass that on.  The important lesson to me was the way i interpreted her scratching me.  I really did see little demons but they were actually doing the same movement a cat does when they do that claw thing.  Think about a person doing that and it looks like they're digging into you.  In a way I feel like that experience happened because I have been questioning the whole thoughtform fear issue.  I think it was a lesson of some kind on how we sometimes interpret events.

I hope no one thinks Im saying thats all your experiences are.  I didnt want anyone to interpret it as that.  Its just what happened to me.. and I thought it wouldnt hurt to just put that experience here.
47  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Have you changed? on: April 22, 2003, 04:04:51
Im curious, how has energy work changed the people on this forum.

I mean more physical ways like do you have more energy than before?

I realized my energy has been low lately and i've felt really tired.  I used to feel tired all the time before I started on energy things.  Im wondering what are things that have changed for others.
48  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / they dont have souls(warning disturbing) on: April 18, 2003, 00:58:25
I read an article today in my school paper which made me think of the thread someone put on consciousness in animals.

The state I am in has really backward animal rights laws.  The state im in still allows cock fighting.  

Anyway the article was concerning an event people have here annually which they call "rattlesnake round up" or something like that.  Anyway they go to an isolated part of the desert where there are a lot of rattlesnakes minding their own business.  They pour gasoline in the holes or stick spears in to get them out and they find interesting ways to kill them.

The article was very against this practice and they mentioned they kill them in sick ways.  They'll put them in a bag and have a contest who can stomp them to death the fastest or they'll chop of their heads.  BTW this is very inhumane and not the way they euthanize(sp?) reptiles in any respectable places.  Reptiles need so little oxygen that they can stay alive for 20 minutes or more with their head off before finally dying.  They will kill 1000 rattlesnakes that weekend.

The article sickened me.  It was pretty funny though when defending the event one person said "god doesn't care if we kill rattlesnakes because they dont have souls."  I thought this was amazing.  

I guess my reason for putting this up is because I cant believe things like this are condoned.  I guess in a way i know why people think its okay. Because they think rattlesnakes are nothing but dangerous and have no purpose.  WEll they kill rats and other rodents and this state has had many cases of the hanta virus caused by rats and mice.  But rattlesnake bites resulting in human death is very rare and its usually when the person is out messing around and doesn't take precautions.

Parents bring their kids to these events and they act like its all fun and games.  Im just amazed how some people have absolutely no respect for life.  

Does this anger other people here or do you think its okay because perhaps reptiles dont have consciousness?  I wonder if there are laws of karma on this thing.  

How can people just kill something and not even worry about "what if it does have consciousness".  Course a lot of these people at these events are barely conscious themselves.  I wish i was joking when i said.  How can this be so accepted and so many people see nothing wrong with it?  

49  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Energy level dependent on exit? on: April 10, 2003, 16:58:28
Does anyone know if your energy level is effected by the way you exit your body.

It occured to me that phasing or exiting through the third eye may be not only smoother but perhaps it would save energy.  

I had two OBE's a few weeks ago one after the other.  They were my first but after the second and up till the present I haven't been successful again.  The day after the second one i was extremely tired and mentally disconnected.

I havent been able to remember any dreams since then and I also have been oversleeping each day and waking up as if i got no sleep.  

I had a very eventful exit.  I feel as if i used the rope method to kinda tear myself away from my body.  I mean my head felt like it was flickering and there were fireworks going in it but i was determined to pull myself out.  Im wondering if maybe I expended so much energy trying to exit that my energy body is still trying to heal.

I wonder if people who have used many methods notice a difference in the days following.  Or is it just a thing where after the first exits you're warn out more?

thanks
50  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / beginners mistake on: April 10, 2003, 04:16:28
without making a big thing out of it i want to apologize to adrian, inguma, and shawn(i think this was the name) and others on the hollow earth topic and the topic about truth.

I realized due to recent topics how important it is to keep an open mind and think for yourself.  The catchbasket type model is definitely the one to follow.  Throw everything youve been taught aside and figure out for yourself whats right..etc.

Felt I needed to get that out of the way.

thanks

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33