The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 04, 2021, 06:39:57

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
176  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Ionizers on: July 31, 2002, 04:36:08
No, astralmaster, there is not.

I did a web search to find the plain generators. In the USA, you can get units that put out ions, and will purify the air in a small room at the local truck stops. They are cheap, and work on AC or DC. They are made to use in a full size semi with a sleeper. You can also find ones that will clean/ionize houses, but they run into hundreds of dollars. Be careful if you get one, watch for ozone output, and if it does not purify the air, you will see build up on the walls. I still leave a plain generator running in the garage, as we were having problems with our vehicles also.

If you get a high output one, some will come with a small light bulb that is unconnected, and you can hold near the generator. It will flash as the ions hit it. It is one of the few ways to tell if they are working. That, and they have a weird electric blue light inside. It is late here tonight, but I will go to the garage tomorrow and check the brand of the ionizer that is in there. The truck stop models are not powerful enough to light the light bulb.

Godd luck

177  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Ionizers on: July 29, 2002, 14:59:40
Hi, Nybster

I have put away the large ionizers, as we cannot repaint that often, and they were not filtering. The rooms seemed to have a more positive feel, and to me it felt like I could absorb more energy when I chose to. As to the quality of the energy, I would have to call it flat. It was very sterile, without the "flavors" that I perceive off of natural and/or spiritual sources.

We are just running the small ionizers right now, but energy seems to pull up quicker in the rooms they are in. We quit using the larger ionizers about the time that I started learning how to raise from surronding energy. I had primarily used kether before that, and still do a lot.

Hope that helps. I did not really approach it from a scientific evaluation side, I wish I had now. If things permit in the future, I will try a little more experimentation that is more controlled.

178  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Magic and Christianity on: July 29, 2002, 02:41:57
Hi, all.

Late comer here, but I needed to put my 2 cents in. Glad I gave you something to chew on kakkarot. In my opinion you are on the right track, I would not do an invocation that demanded anything of an angelic being, and the only purpose I would have for summoning a demon would be to destroy, or contain it (so it could cause no harm).

(My opinion) the ability to work magick (include almost all paranormal here) was one of the parts in being created in God's image. Using it racks up you karma quicker than most mundane acts. I believe Jesus was the greatest "magician" ever, primarily because of his "direct" connection with divinity. He stated that he had companies of angels at his call. There are magick groups that pursue the teachings of Jesus. Pope's have had the nickname "XXXXX the magician". The problem with humans (which you perceived early kakkarot) is that we are often mislead into following desire, or ego and not using magick for positive things. If one does not reach a proper spiritual balance before you gain to much "magickal" knowledge, you are more easily corrupted by your own power.

The sad thing is evil has also perverted parts of this, and is always looking for ways to assail you. Ceremonial magicains say (Crowley I believe) that "teach a man magick so he can kill, and by the time he is powerful enough, he will know better". The thing is, a lot of systems do not nurture that connection with divinity, and people never figure out the true debts for their actions. I have read satanists beliefs that there is only one time around for the soul, and death is eternal. They think that the pact they have made for power puts them on the wining side.

I view most of the things to deter people from magick are there for people that have not reached a point where they can truly tell good from evil.

Anyway, good topic.

Take care, all

179  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Ionizers on: July 25, 2002, 04:57:22
Ok, you have a PM from me. I will take care of the email thing. Soon as I can. PM me here if you want.

On the ionizers. When we first got them, and started using them, it was the first time in months that I (or a couple other people) had really laughed. They improved the mood greatly. I also slept better, and with alot less pain when right next to it. We had it centrally located in the house.

I am not sure if there is a direct effect on the negs. The psychic who had done some work to help us, had originally talked about using an ion cannon to remove the attachment once it was "put to sleep"??, and then the whole thing (attachment) was to be put into a huge perfect crystal, which was then to be shattered, and scattered. Supposedly the 3-4 of us needed to be done at once. I am not sure if all that was true, or an attempt to through the perpatrators off of the trail. The psychic bailed after one person died, and the really bad storm hit. Just told us to pray alot.

Anyway, after doing a little research, I learned that negative ions are the good ones, and they occur naturally around waterfalls, forests, sunlight, etc..., and are generally absent in polluted areas. Also, a heavy dose of positive ions can kill life forms (mice experiments (not mine)), but a shot of neg. ions will remove the effects if not allowed to go to far. Also law enforcement is starting to use neg. ion generators as it gives people (an K9 units) clearer, calmer thinking. And supposedly a lot of the various "witch winds" that happen around the world contain high amounts of positive ions. I think we got the naming for the types of ions backwards. It is also the neg. ions that remove the bacteria, spores, pollution, etc... from the air.

OK, for the bad news. You should get one that purifies the air at the same time, not just a generator. Within 1-2 months of use, we had to repaint the walls in the room where we had a plain generator located. The walls became covered with a black "soot" that could not be completely washed off.

That is most of what I know. We have a couple of small air purifiying types now, that we have not shut off for several months. They are small so we keep them in the bedrooms where we will get the longest continual exposure. Also the "smell" (maybe just sensed?) reminds me of "energy" that I have noticed at different (but relevent) times.

Take care

180  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I have two survey questions for everyone on: July 17, 2002, 15:16:31
Hi Patty, and all.

1 A. I used to do it as a small child, and generally liked it. My mom also can do it. Not like Robert describes, but with the intention when she goes to sleep.

1 B. After researching quite a bit on magick, I think that the astral plane is probably the best place to work with it, and undo negative aspects that have been applied to people. I would like to get in the postion of helping people that have unwarranted influences, but cannot deal with it themselves, or maybe even comprehend it.

1 C To see what is there.

2 I have not managed a fully conscious OBE yet. Close, but the realization of it happening pulled me back out. In some semi(?) OBE's, where my conscious was active outside my body, I have battled, healed, and undone negative influences around myself and others. Though I would like to recieve "great truths", it is not my primary reason.

Take care, all.

181  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Other hobbies, on: July 17, 2002, 15:00:05
Hey, all.

Hobbies Hmmm.

My family would be my favorite hobbie, young kids are so much fun. Everything is new and a wonder. Helps you remember the "magick" that we all accept as everyday once you grow up. Spending time with my wife is also way up there.

Then probably cars, our house, I was an EMT and underground mine rescue. Nature is cool, and my son is getting old enough for fishing. Playing in the snow in wintertime.

Research is good. Might cross over into the esoteric stuff, but it is good to sift through all of the pieces, and see the similarities. Also reserch on more mundane stuff. Anything to learn.

Reading is also good, but I have to watch myself, if the book is good enough I will read it almost straight through, neglecting other things. I have been limiting myself to non fiction so atleast I am getting something out of it.

Video games and movies, though the gaming has fallen off. I prefer strategy games, like the various versions of "civilization". The shootem ups are OK, nothing like a rocket launcher and some bad guys to take out a little stress.

Shooting used to be high on the list, but has fallen off lately. Pretty much just the BB guns now, and a little of the others to stay in tune.

And (whew) cooking, if I can find the time, preferably desserts, but anything tasty. Some version of chocolate cheescake is at the top of the list.

Take care

182  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Telekinesis on: July 10, 2002, 04:11:32
Hey, Tom

Yeah, seemed good to me. But I never was interested past proving it. I am not sure why, but it seemed harder to control my energy into doing what i wanted with telekinesis. But i have not really tried it since working with NEW, maybe the awareness hands are part of it. Hopefully some of the psi guys will pick up the thread. I have read on some of their home pages, where playing games (like chess, checkers, etc..) is used for training. Probably a lot like all of this stuff. Walking looks easy enough, but if you have never done it, it is hard.

Take care

183  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What is Merkabar? on: July 10, 2002, 04:04:12
Hey, Fenris.

Yeah, keep us posted. Interesting site. Appears that the various spellings of Merkaba are for the same thing. DMK talks about it in Modern Magick. More on the astral travel side, and names required to gain entry (and egress) to different planes. His opinion is that most of the knowledge was lost long ago. Interesting.

Good luck.

184  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / question: headaches? on: July 10, 2002, 03:43:50
Hey amed_h

It could be your 3rd eye chakra "waking up". According to Robert, this can cause headaches (up to migraine). My guess is you are starting to see into the astral. That may be the movement you notice. Tom's advice is good. Let the energy bleed off if you are getting too much in your head. My third eye is not fully developed yet, and it can get a lot of pressure if I am not careful. I usually let it seep back to the stomach storage area until there is no discomfort from the pressure.

Something to confirm your "second site" coming on would be to try to look around with your eyes closed. You may be getting something. I do, but am still learning the new pathways, so it is hard for me to just "open" my third eye. One of the clenchers for me was when I got the full 360 vision.

Take care

185  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Telekinesis on: July 10, 2002, 03:32:40
Hey, Tom.

Try with something smaller first. In a couple of different books I have read about basic psi, they recomended taking a small square of paper, fold it triangularly both ways, so when you open it up you have a pyramid. Take a needle, stick the sharp end in cork or something. Rest the pyramid on the needle so the end of the needle is inside at the apex. Go for it. It will be very reactive, and you really need to watch your breath, air currents, etc. It spins very easy. Try going one way, then the other. It worked best for me if I put my hands on either side of it.

Not quite as cool as a pen, but it gives you a place to start. It will also help you learn how to push. When I did it, at first, it did not always go the direction I wanted, or would "jump" when I would first try. Maybe it was just me, but getting the direction was the hard part, sometimes it would just quiver from energy, and not spin either way. I havn't played with it for a while, I should, things flow easier now. Good luck.

186  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Screen Names on: July 09, 2002, 23:03:09
Hey, all.

Funny how some of these come to be. Mine is because of my birthday. And when I was first told about this site, I was (still am) in a struggle with some bad people. I wanted a little hesitation before somebody started messing around again. You know, ceasers prophecy "beware the Ides of March". I was 2 months premature to make that day, and almost died.

My only nickname that survived was "wildman", but I have mellowed a lot from those days, and have seen it around to much. Not exactly the image I want to project anymore.

Take care all

187  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Practical uses for energy. on: July 09, 2002, 03:53:16
Hmmm, maybe I do use my energy to be stealthy. I just never thought of it like that. It sounds a lot like what you are describing, kakkarot. I will have to focus that further. I do use it to hide my "mental" image. That definately helps. That reminds me of something else, i use my energy to get peoples attention, sometimes. It does work, especially if they are fairly aware.

As far as how to Fenris,  just will it. For general use I do not know how to explain it better. In my own body, I light my whole energy body up, and look for the dim spots or holes. Then try to see what is there, and if I just need to fill it in, or pull something out. I find core image work easier if I go through my energy body first, looking for spots, and then chase that out.

To me energy is the  most raw form of everything, as such you can make anything out of it. The trick is too come up with something that accomplishes your goal, without being to complex to maintain.

Oh yeah, if you want to jump start a chakra (I don't think I recomend this, but it has uses), create an energy ball between your hands and then send it to the chakra you want ignited. Don't get to carried away, the effects are significant.

Take care all

188  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Practical uses for energy. on: July 08, 2002, 21:35:45
Hey, guys

I use it for healing, more others than myself. It is handy for feeling through my body for problems. Both physical and neg related. It is good for both cleansing and shielding my house and family. It is great for battle. It is second nature enough, that it comes up with my adrenelin now. It is also great for relaxation. If you have a receptive significant other, it can be used to increase arousal in sex.

Using it to move quietly? Hmmm, never thought of that. I will have to try that. With the right conditions, I can sneak up on a cat know. Could be fun to take further.

189  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / what scares you the most?FACE YOUR FEARS HERE on: July 07, 2002, 14:03:32
Hey, all.

I would have to weigh in with alpha's last fears. Fear of things happening to the ones I love and the people I care about are the worst things for me. Second place would be being maimed, but not killed. I.E. quadrapalegic. Death does not scare me, but being dependent for everything does.

Take care

190  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What is Merkabar? on: July 07, 2002, 05:37:11
Hey, Fenris

The only thing close I have herd of is merkabah mysticism, and the merkabah riders. From the things I have read by you, you have probably heard of them. I can't offer much, just that there is some ideas that they may have preceded parts of the kabalah. Hope that helps.

Take care

191  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / "Guess Who's Back" on: July 06, 2002, 15:56:54
Hey, kakkarot.

Yeah, I am always open to PM. Fire away. Maybe I will do it, and maybe not. I will need to read it and see. That is fine on the recon, It would appear that just about all of the personal attacks have stopped. Actually towards the end of the discussion on "needing hel", I could feel them being removed. The playing field has changed yet again.

Glad you are doing good (great). I was wondering about you. What happened to you. Good luck (Firm back slap) smiley

Fenris: I don't know if you should say a lot until you learn about all the yankee microbrews. In Oregon, we have the biggest collection of micro's in the US. Stuff you couldn't see through with a flashlight, almost all the way to vodka clear. I don't drink much of what is accepted as American beer. I used to drink vodka, until a session with the porcelain god, screwdrivers, quarters, and a nasty hangover. It has been 15 years since then. Whisky man, preferably, if it is to be quick, or for a good evening sip.

Take care

192  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / EM, Negs and Possession on: July 06, 2002, 00:07:44
Hi, all.

Kakkarot, careful dude. One of these days you will find what you are looking for, and a challenging fight will ensue. Good luck to you. Kinda reminds me of something similiar to myself 10+ years ago.

To all: Does anyone have any experience with ion generators? We have some personnal experience, and they seemed to work very well to combat negative "atmosphere". I have also heard of people using ion cannons to remove strong negs from people. This method involved placing the neg entity into a crystal (big & perfect), and then shattering the crystal and scattering the pieces to the four corners.

Just thought I would mention it. The only real side effect was that our walls were coated in a black "soot" in about 2 months. Once exposing ourselves to the generators, much better moods were mantained in the house. I actually laughed (real laughter) for the first time in months after we got them. They are cheap, though I would recomend the airpurifier type, it keeps the soot down by collecting it.

Take care

193  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / giving energy on: June 24, 2002, 15:12:34
Hey, alpha.

Tom's ideas are good. Something that is worth noting, though, is does she want the energy? Some of the older people in my family do not want energy, they think I should keep it as they are nearing the end. I have also found that this changes with mood, and the will to continue.

I find it best to actually touch the person, and let the energy flow. It may also be possible for you to feel the problem spots she has that way. It could be that the lungs are not her major problem. If you just give energy to someone, and do not target something specific, it is supposed to flow wherever it is needed.

You may also want to learn some grounding techniques. Try standing on the ground, or touching something that is anchored firmly (an oak tree, foundation structure, etc...) and will your "excess" energy into it. It is more satisfying to help someone, but if that is not an option you need to even out your energy.

Take care

194  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Im not crazy- Im a studnet! on: June 24, 2002, 15:02:42
Hey, Distantbell

Yeah, I wasn't pointing to "partying" specifically, just getting a good release and being sble to let go every now and then was more the point of it. As much as I have disliked responsability most of my life, I find it hard to let go anymore and not worry about anything, even for a few hours. And that is probably a good thing. The perspective changes considerably with children, even when they are with someone you can trust. Just to get to disconnected from good friends. You are only any given age once, and for better or worse, you can never go back.

Take care

195  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / What is the purpose for PSD? on: June 24, 2002, 14:22:37
Hey, uniderth

You COULD need defense from other peoples attacks on you (conscious or unconcious), or, alot of people that have good potential draw attention to themselves. The greater your chances of rising and doing great things, the more people you have that want to hold you down.

"People" in this term refers to anything that  opposes the advancement of good. Robert states In the end of the book that he hopes the info is never needed.

Think of the defensive measures like a innoculation. You will probably never need it, but if you do, it is there.

I do not agree with steveb that it is blown out of proprtion, though some may create there own "attacks" by stressing on it. This is a popular way to empower spells in many types of magick. Tell the victem you are going to "get them", and maybe show a doll, or dead chicken or something.

Take care

Stephen

196  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Im not crazy- Im a studnet! on: June 22, 2002, 15:59:22
Hey, all.

I think it is good that you don't go and party, all the time distant bell. It really is not good for you, or your health. It took me several years to grow out of that phase. It was actually our child that finished growing me up.

But something else I have learned is that going out occasionally (maybe 1-2 a year to1 every 2 years) and letting go, can be very good for the soul. Don't get stupid, but move past responsablility every now and then. With a good group of friends, in a safe place. It is good to remove the "load" of life, and just let go, occasionally.

Just my 2 cents.

Take care

197  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Needing hel on: June 20, 2002, 16:07:01
Hey, all.

Thank you Robert, for myself, and everyone else going through similiar circumstances.

God bless.

198  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Needing hel on: June 19, 2002, 21:16:45
Hey, all.

First, thanks for the support, all.

I would like Nita's comments, in my frame of thinking, it should be the last option. Retaliation probably would not remove the negative influence that was set. Diffusion would be the best option. Also, if you are going to attack someone back, better make darn sure they are the cause of the problem. Or the root of it.

Would not reversing the negative energy (without adding to it) make the most since? You are not "going to war", and most intelligent people would drop it after awhile. Wars seem to go on a long time, injure innocents, and eventually nobody remembers why it started, just that it is, and everything that came from it.

I would also like to hear the different opinions on this.

Take care, all

199  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / i just remembered/realized something on: June 19, 2002, 21:05:19
Yes, I did

(Chocolate cherry myself, or maybe chocolate peanut butter) lol.

Take care.

200  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Only partially logged in? on: June 19, 2002, 12:11:34
My cookies are enabled from this site, but it will not acknowledge the subpages. Even when I go to each one and try to give it clearence. My security level is high. I have been hacked before. If that is the problem, I will just work around it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11