The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 15, 2021, 10:13:28

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 59
51  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: husband projects out of the blue on: May 21, 2014, 15:59:17
It sounds like he's caught the bug. Did you warn him that this is most likely going to be a lifelong journey? Like Lion always says, "Once opened, Pandora's box can't be closed".

Also, don't forget to warn him that he will eventually meet the bogeyman. cheesy
52  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Mind Blowing Realization!! on: May 21, 2014, 15:53:48
Many of the older methods actually perpetuate the belief that we are indeed exiting our bodies. Hell, they're even called "exit" techniques. Furthermore, many of my own projections reinforce the idea. I would "roll out", land on the floor,stand up and look at my body. I've even rolled out so fast that I appeared to be plastered on the wall (feet pointed towards the ceiling).

I went this alone for almost 13 years without reading any literature so the only things I had to go by were the common phrases like out of body and exiting. It wasn't until I found this site that I realized many of my projections didn't involve an exit technique. I would just end up somewhere with my full awareness.
53  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: My first ten failures; assistance requested on: May 21, 2014, 15:39:42
I know this almost sounds impossible to do but you need to make AP attempts without projecting as your goal. If you continuously analyze every little sensation you feel, you will set yourself back and have to go through each stage over and over again.

Say you want to take a road trip but every ten minutes, you remember that you need to check something with your car. The first time you stop and check the tires. The tires are fine so you get back on the road. Then you remember to check your oil. The oil is fine so you get going again. Next, you remember that you forgot to check the coolant. You stop and check that and then get back to driving. Suddenly you notice that you don't have enough fuel and you need to find a gas station. Before you know it, it's too late for you to make the trip. If  you had checked everything before you got on the road, you would have been able to kick back and enjoy the trip.

Well AP sorta works the same way. If you constantly analyze every little thing, you will eventually ruin your chances at arriving at your destination. But unlike road trips, AP detours can be a lot of fun. smiley
54  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Micael checking in :lol: on: May 20, 2014, 20:25:28
Welcome.

Yes, personalreality's post is a great place to start. He gives his account from the perspective of a "first-timer". Many of us who have been projecting for years no longer acknowledge or even realize all the subtle ques that a projection is about to begin. Thus we neglect to mention them. His account points that fact out and can be very beneficial for beginners.
55  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Joseph McMoneagle interview on: May 20, 2014, 20:11:08
Joe currently works for TMI. If you are seriously interested he teaches a Remote Viewing course there which is always fully booked and gets rave reviews from people. You also get a chance to meet him at Gateway Voyage because he gives a talk on his experiences.

http://www.monroeinstitute.org/programs/remote-viewing

I was not aware of that, thanks. I just found it extremely interesting that the US military paid the bill for him to further develop his skills when he was still in the military program. I'm glad to see that he is now teaching at TMI of his own accord. smiley
56  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Orbs on: May 20, 2014, 20:06:43
I have no experience with seeing orbs but I believe that if you intensify your intent to see them more often and clearly then that will help you out greatly. Never under estimate the power of intent. smiley
57  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: David McCready banned - why? on: May 20, 2014, 19:50:19
It was obvious from the start that he was making a sales pitch. We (the mods) were even able to guess in advance the progression of his tactics (mostly thanks to Lion since he was a salesman in the past).

David proved our assumptions true at every step and it reached it's apex when he started adding members (that sounded suspiciously like David himself) that were given testimonials to how great his "system" worked, which we also correctly guessed would happen.

It had nothing to do with his techniques and everything to do with his sales pitch. He was even asked to allow one of our members to have a free (if not free, than at a reduced price) training seminar. Volgerle, I know you think he was giving away his techniques for free but he wasn't. He was relentless with his comments about how much easier his techniques would be if he personally guided you through them. He was only giving away enough info to peak our members curiosity on the off chance that it would be enough to entice one to pay for a one-on-one.

We understand that everyone should be compensated for their work but since David was claiming that he could help a beginner with no former knowledge or practice quickly project while consciously awake, we felt that since he was making an incredible claim, he should also be willing to prove it without a hefty price.

It's not my place to say this but I will anyway. In pm's between David and Xanth, David was trying to "show" Xanth how he can make this into a money making opportunity. Is that really what you want the Pulse to become?

I don't agree with removing his posts and I'm not sure how that came about but knowing David's money oriented mindset, the removals may have been made at his request. This was not censorship and was a hard decision to make. I hope that everyone who was enjoying his posts will understand this.
58  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Explaing some of the paradoxes associated with AP/OBE on: May 19, 2014, 09:10:47
We are a community that is made up of people from different religious backgrounds, careers, nationalities, ages, varying degrees of AP/OBE experience, and none of us have identical skill sets. Yet we all come together to help each other to try and understand our non-physical journeys and what larger implications they may have.

However, a community that is diverse as ours is going to give statements that seem contradictory and almost impossible to reconcile for some members. But that couldn't be further from the truth. The majority of most misunderstandings can easily be remedied when we stop playing word games and push semantics aside. Many of us, myself included, sometimes take even slight criticisms as a personal affront. I'm not naive so I understand that this is sometimes the truth. But I believe that the majority of the misunderstandings stem from the fact that this communications medium, great as it is, suffers because we can't see the facial expressions and other physical cues that we have evolved to recognize in order to determine a persons true meaning. Emoticons help but some even view them as sarcasm *sigh*.

Now with that over with, I wanted to try and explain some of the most common paradoxes associated with this practice. There are too many to discuss them all but the following will address the most obvious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most obvious paradox is, ''Why do people call it out of body experiences and then turn around and immediately say that the opposite is true and that we actually don't go anywhere''? There are several factors that perpetuate this belief. Terms and ideas such as ''exit techniques'' and even many methods encourage this belief which further reinforces the concept.  Some of these are the "rope climbing'', ''roll out'',  and the exercise of imagining a bar just above you that you can grab in order to lift yourself up, to name a few.

Don't misunderstand me as these techniques have helped untold thousands of people to achieve their first AP/OBE experience. They can remain beneficial for years as well but it can also hinder progress for some eventually.

So how does the idea that we aren't leaving our bodies have any merit? Well, it has much to do with the ideology that our bodies and this 'reality' that we are currently experiencing are just another illusion of physicality. Over seven billion people believe that we are living in a physical world so it is extremely stable and that makes it very hard to defy the 'laws' that govern them but it can be overcome occasionally. Tom Campbell says that strange anomalies can and do happen on the fringe. This just means that the 'system' can make changes for individuals or small groups but not for millions of people at once since there is far too much belief that this is a physical world and that is too much inertia to overcome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is evil real? To understand this, we must define evil

From Merriam-Webster Dictionary, 2003 ed.:

evil11:adj., wicked 2: causing or threatening harm or distress.

evil2 1:noun, the fact of suffering wrongdoing, 2: a source of sorrow or distress.

No one can deny that these definitions certainly describe a tangible condition. If so, why so some of us deny it's existence? Well, actually we don't. The problem that I have it is that the meaning of the word and subsequently it's use has been corrupted. Evil is now used as if it is a stand-alone force of it's own. Ironically, all the belief in its force may very well serve to make this true but I feel safe for the time being that it is not.

I believe the real enemy is fear which is the father of hatred. Hatred is the most outward expression of
fear and internal suffering. Only love can conquer both. You can't fight fire with fire without burning each other, but I admit that it does sound cool in the gangster movie. cheesy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We must conquer our fears in order to project. This is also incorrect. We only have to tame the fears that we know are keeping us from being successful. Projecting will assist you in further dispelling some of these fears while simultaneously raising others. We have fears that we aren't even aware of and these have a sure way of rearing their heads. But by now, you should be better at recognizing them for what they are and move past them with relative ease.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There re many more paradoxes that are inheritant with this practice so please feel free to elaborate.
59  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Re: LSD poisoning on: May 11, 2014, 21:17:33
"Their" answer is probably the best and most convenient solution. Because, essentially, every drug is really just a poison. As soon as you do a drug, it stays in your system. LSD usually leaves your system within 24 hours, but some changes, such as changes in the brain/perception, and certain chemical changes stay with you for years. No one can heal you but yourself. Best way to go about doing that is some kind of meditation. No, "healing energies" will not take poison out of your body, but it will reduce stress, which is the best thing for you right now. If your stress levels are too high, your brain will release the poison that is still in your system, and you will potentially hallucinate again, even without putting more poison in your body.
That"s a nice bowl of beans.
60  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Re: LSD poisoning on: May 10, 2014, 09:51:36
Unfortunately, "their" answer to everything is more drugs.
61  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Almost fully phased by accident ? on: May 10, 2014, 01:18:06
man you guys always make it sound so easy, but when I'm actually trying to project its like nothing I try works lol. Comes with practice I'm sure
That's why it's great when new people report their successes. My first intentional projection was years ago and I no longer recall all the little things that add up to that one big breakthrough. I do remember that the darkness (eyes were closed) was shattered by a sparkly white light and that I was locked in. Nothing I did reversed the process. Neither fear or excitement ended it for me but this was after two spontaneous projections so I had a high belief that I could achieve one intentionally. Of course, I remember most of what I experienced but i don't know what position i was in or how I was breathing. These were things that I never knew could make a difference and thus I never paid attention to them. I think that all this access to great info can be a hindrance to some since people can read what concerns others and now their problems are yours as well.
62  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / Re: Members Music! on: May 10, 2014, 00:30:26
That makes sense AZ. Didnt notice Writers corner before!
It wasn't in the wrong forum but this is music that you wrote and it's incredible. I didn't want it to get lost in the post shuffle and the topic should be permanent like you suggested. It's one of my favorite forums and I would like to see it built up. Checkout chopstick fox's originals and covers.
63  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Re: LSD poisoning on: May 09, 2014, 20:17:07
Have you read this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder
Many ''experts'' don't acknowledge the disorder but it may provide some insight.
64  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / MOVED: Members Music! on: May 09, 2014, 00:39:43
This topic has been moved to Welcome to Writers Corner!.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/index.php?topic=44405.0
65  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / Re: Members Music! on: May 09, 2014, 00:38:49
I'm gonna move this to the 'writers corner' forum and sticky it there where there are already some music posts from members.
66  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How does conscious awareness work? on: May 08, 2014, 20:03:26
Enough has happened that I've become reasonably certain that these are more than dreams, but I'm having a hard time figuring out to what extent.
The way I came to terms with this was to accept that all the experiences were dreams and then accepted that we have no idea of what a dream really is.  This realization has really increased the amount of experiences that would classically be labeled as an Obe for me because I almost always recognize that I'm dreaming and can then take control. 
67  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: 3d humanoid on: May 07, 2014, 23:54:53
think of the pillsbury doughboy or a gingerbread man. The image can be generic because your intent is what matters.
68  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Welcome another New Moderator! EscapeVelocity!! on: April 29, 2014, 05:09:51
Alright,alright,alright. grin
69  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How to achieve an out-of-body experience: 777 VTS, Ch. 5 on: April 29, 2014, 04:48:55
Well, you know I'm just a big softie at heart. cheesy
70  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How to achieve an out-of-body experience: 777 VTS, Ch. 5 on: April 29, 2014, 02:03:31
Spirit affinity, I am not an atheist, far from it. I believe in a creator or creators but I simply use the word God like most people. I don't think that any religion has a true understanding of God and I don't like to place any limitations or labels on God.

I learned to project on my own so I was very ignorant to the old way of doing things ( and the new ways for that matter). I came to the belief that it is easier to go it alone so that you don't place any unnecessary obstacle in your way but I understand that this isn't true for everyone.

If someone believes that they need to do something in order to project than they are right because their belief will make it so. It really was wrong of me to attack your beliefs and I am sincere when I said I was sorry. I'm never afraid to admit when I am wrong though it may take me a long time to understand that if I do at all. In any case, I hope you have not been turned off from being a member here since there are plenty of people who would benefit from your philosophy. smiley
71  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / MOVED: Prayers READ ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on: April 28, 2014, 21:03:43
This topic has been removed.
72  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How to achieve an out-of-body experience: 777 VTS, Ch. 5 on: April 28, 2014, 20:12:03
I want to apologize for offending you. I was clearly wrong and for that, I'm sorry. smiley
73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: I read a post about reptillians tell me what you think on: April 28, 2014, 05:19:57
Volgerle is passionate about many things and he often defends beliefs that he doesn't necessarily hold true himself simply because too many people already scoff at anything that challenges their comfort zone.

I've learned a lot from him. smiley
74  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: I read a post about reptillians tell me what you think on: April 28, 2014, 03:12:53
Yeah, it seems Volgerle may have over reacted a bit. I see nothing in A-T's posts that were derogatory. The "struck a nerve" comment is usually deployed as a put down and was probably done so here as well but it's mild and ended there.

So no real harm.
75  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Explaining Christian "Spiritual Gifts" on: April 27, 2014, 22:27:30
Well good then! Glad I'm not the only one here who can vouch that these experiences are very real and genuine in many Christian circles. Maybe I'll ask one of the mods to come offer up their opinion, as this really is something that intrigues me. I still have so much to learn about thought-energy and how the astral works, which would help explain alot of these phenomena to me I believe.

Please don't place any extra weight on our words or opinions. We are just here trying to understand our experiences like everyone else.

In the way that the power of love can overtake a group of people so can the opposite occur. It's called mob mentality. Horrible things can and do happen when this phenomenon takes over. People will do horrible things up to and including murder but would never do anything of the sort or even consider it if they were alone. It's as if they feel that the horrible deed is somehow less wrong because there are more people to share in the blame.

Neither case is exclusive to any one group or religion. smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 59