The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 02, 2021, 19:37:15

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
101  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Three questions about sleep paralysis on: March 22, 2013, 01:36:21
Ah  wink
102  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Three questions about sleep paralysis on: March 22, 2013, 01:32:46
Oh okay, what does NPR stand for again?
103  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Three questions about sleep paralysis on: March 22, 2013, 01:25:50
Because I'll be in a lucid dream, and I've never managed to be conscious enough to go OBE from a lucid dream Tongue
104  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Three questions about sleep paralysis on: March 22, 2013, 01:16:29
But I'll still noticed it if I become too distracted by my busy mind won't I?
105  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Three questions about sleep paralysis on: March 22, 2013, 00:30:58
Okay okay, I think I have the basic idea of how to get into SP now. I know it's not the only way to do it but the last two times I had involuntary sleep paralysis I could easily slip into an OBE after, so I'm trying that again, but two questions:

1. When I woke up this morning, I laid on my side and I got a massive urge to roll over but I ignored it with the intention of going into SP but instead I fell asleep, is that a sign that it technically worked?

2. Will the intention to AP alone keep my mind awake?

3. My hands don't exactly know where to lie, I like to sleep on my side and the roll-over urge only really comes over me when I sleep on my side, but I don't know how to position my arms without it using unnecessary muscle or touching my skin.

Basically I just need a method of knowing how to keep my mind awake.
106  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Am I the only one who finds it impossible to get OBE when sitting down? on: March 16, 2013, 03:02:24
The thing that makes me tempted to go to sleep is probably due to my sleeping pattern, so I'll probably give up for a few days until I have that sorted,
107  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Am I the only one who finds it impossible to get OBE when sitting down? on: March 15, 2013, 21:59:16
I remember a while ago I was looking into getting a bean bag for projection purposes, couldn't really find one that wasn't too expensive though. But yeah I guess, I remember once when I was meditating on a chair, I wasn't even that comfortable, but I almost left the body. The only reason I didn't was because my body didn't really want to be left laying their with my neck stretched and my head hanging down, I'm sure it would hurt if left like that for too long. And resting my head back towards the head-rest, that's what I was trying to do on my recliner sofa before making this thread. I only called it chair because, well, the main idea is that you're sitting down so there's not much difference.
108  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Am I the only one who finds it impossible to get OBE when sitting down? on: March 15, 2013, 21:26:20
I just can't do it, I find sitting down easier for simple meditation because I don't get tempted to turn round and go back to sleep. And where the chairs are in my house, there usually isn't a window with annoying distractions right next to it like annoying neighbours or a birds nest (seriously!), but when I'm sitting with legs uncrossed and hands on lap, my hands keep involuntarily jerking and even with isochronic tones, I can't get out of body. Anyone else have this problem? Any practical advice anyone could give me?
109  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Okay so I found a good technique, but it keeps reversing on: March 11, 2013, 05:22:21
Listen to when he talks about feeling yourself feeling the walls and floating..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKMYj-4DxTI

It leads to feeling a sinking sensation..
This is exactly what I experience and it works to an extent, however soon after the sinking stops and I feel like I'm back where I started, consciously more than anything. Have I got to use that sinking sensation to do something or just wait until it happens a forth time or something? I'm trying not to notice it but it's distracting. Sad
110  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there such thing as night and day in the astral? on: March 11, 2013, 04:44:46
Thanks for the replies guys 'n gals. Smiley

I'm almost there with learning to project, so hopefully soon I'll be able to experience all this for myself. Though what I'm struggling with at the moment is another topic altogether, lol

In-fact I'm gonna make another thread in the astral projection of OBE section.
111  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Finding a Guide on: March 10, 2013, 03:59:14
I don't think I've ever met my guide, I think I've seen signs placed in my bathroom as I was getting out the bath but that's it. Either that or I don't remember him/her. I've read they're your guide so it's as if they're personalized to you but not, they just know you 100%, such as knowing how not to scare you. However a spiritual hypnotherapist councilor I used to visit once told me about having to have a conversation with someone's spirit guide because they were being violent, the sole reason of she saw this client.

So I'd be confused personally whether to have positive expectations or be slightly nervous.
112  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there such thing as night and day in the astral? on: March 10, 2013, 03:45:38
Lol. Sad
113  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Just some questions on: March 09, 2013, 23:31:30
When I was 4 years old I went on many local journeys with ease. Now things have progressed greatly.
Once you learn to drive a car your journeys become too great to walk.
I rarely go places in the world you know. There's far better travels to be made outside this world.

Like..? Tongue
114  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Is there such thing as night and day in the astral? on: March 09, 2013, 23:05:53
The reason I ask is because for some reason I have more of a subconscious fear of AP'ing at night..
115  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Altered consciousness when drawing (from Drawing on the Right side of the brain) on: March 09, 2013, 02:52:12
Guys, would you say learning to draw is like learning to cook? Remembering how it's made and all that.
116  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Is anyone here on the Autistic Spectrum? on: March 08, 2013, 01:01:01
I'm just wondering, because I am myself so I just wanted to hear how (if anyone here has it) astral projection is managed by some, as the symptoms can be quite distracting.
117  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Question about exitting on: March 06, 2013, 01:59:37
This would all be less confusing if they didn't exist in the first place.  tongue
118  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Question about exitting on: March 05, 2013, 15:06:11
Bedeekin I think you've destroyed everybody's mind with this spiral business. Cheesy
119  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Altered consciousness when drawing (from Drawing on the Right side of the brain) on: March 05, 2013, 15:00:46
Yeah that makes sense
120  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Altered consciousness when drawing (from Drawing on the Right side of the brain) on: March 05, 2013, 04:51:59
Aaw... bugger pencil types and that crap.

When you make a mould do you use a poly-addition cure silicone rubber or a poly-condensation cure? and if the latter do you use a tin cure or platinum cure?

Lol from the minute you said "Mould" I stopped understanding, let alone the post you made after the one I'm quoting right now. Cheesy

No but seriously I'm way too n00bish to know about that
121  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Altered consciousness when drawing (from Drawing on the Right side of the brain) on: March 05, 2013, 04:14:04
Different drawing materials get in the way through in my experience, the whole thing behind pencil sizes. In school and early college all I did was use a sharpened pencil, now all I do is buy a set of different size pencils and giving up because it's too fussy..
122  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Altered consciousness when drawing (from Drawing on the Right side of the brain) on: March 05, 2013, 03:52:05
That's amazing, so their feeling of inferiority stems from what the thing they're actually drawing is?
123  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Altered consciousness when drawing (from Drawing on the Right side of the brain) on: March 05, 2013, 03:34:37
Yeah, originally I did wonder about this, my initial thought was that maybe I could learn the "it's not all science" process behind what makes physical art manifest. One reason why I want to astral project, which I'm still a while off doing.
124  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Altered consciousness when drawing (from Drawing on the Right side of the brain) on: March 05, 2013, 02:55:29
I thought I'd put this here because I found it interesting and as it talks about altered states of consciousness (which is partly what we discuss here) you guys may be able to give some comments.

My opinion:
Basically the book Drawing on the Right side of the brain goes off the idea that drawing itself isn't hugely reliant on the technical technique used to draw, but what your mind's eye sees. Apparently you can suck at drawing technically but if you altered your state of consciousness to see in the same way as an expert artist, you could almost replicate their success with drawing. And this is what intrigues me because I've always felt alienated from the drawing community because of my inability to draw that well. I can copy extremely simple Anime pictures without a grid but that's about my limit, would be interesting to know that just by altering the state of my consciousness, I could draw without learning all the technical "Recipes". I'm on the autistic spectrum so I'm very methodological in everything I do, but it's painful having to remember almost everything about everything just to draw something, which is why I find it comforting knowing there's a core skill involved.

But yeah, what do you guys think?
125  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Question about exitting on: March 05, 2013, 00:22:23
Haha, yeah I get what you're saying.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11