The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 05, 2023, 00:50:10

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Finally Got Out :) on: July 12, 2006, 16:46:41
Thanks so much, everyone..

Yes, you did tell me..   And yes, it was great.

I had a blast..  grin

2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Finally Got Out :) on: July 08, 2006, 03:12:49
Well, I finally made it out…    smiley  

I've had several experiences with lucid dreaming but in terms of astral travel or OBE I think I can really only claim it once. Thursday was my second such experience, and it was much longer than the first.

I arrived home from work a little early; getting here around 9 AM. Yep, I have a rather odd schedule. And as I often do, I decided to take a nap around 11:00 - reading a bit before I went to bed. On this particular day the topic appears to have been timely. I'd printed out a copy of Jim DeKorne's article, The Structure of Reality - The Out-of-Body Experience as Gnostic Revelation. This is Chapter 2 in a series.

After only a few pages I found myself falling asleep, and the next I recall after that there was faint awareness. My mind seemed to be traveling as I vaguely remembered the article I'd read. I sensed the ability to move and without opening my eyes I slowly willed my shoulders off the bed. I became keenly aware that “I” had moved. My shoulders were now hanging off the left side of the bed. My feet remained on top. With my eyes still closed, I was hovering above the carpet and there had been no thump. I gently moved from left to right swaying my shoulders to and fro.

Feeling a bit more confident now I willed myself back up top. Once again I was parallel and in the same space as my torso. With my eyes still closed and being more confident now I decided to will a foot exit. Before I knew it my legs were hanging off the foot of the bed. My shoulders were now at the level of my knees. At this point I allowed myself to see. It was also at this point that I allowed myself to rise.

The sensation was that of floating in water, weightless, but there was no trouble breathing. The atmosphere was liquid and appealing. I floated to my altar and came to rest on the zabuton. To my fore-left I saw a small golden cross floating yet broken. When I reached out my hand to grasp it the cross reassembled. Silt was now floating through the air - going up. Cross in hand I now gazed at Buddha. The sound of strong wind rising to my left and right began to envelop me. It joined above my head encasing me in something of a wind-pyramid. The wind was colorless, but it was as if I could see it. And at that point, having decided that was prolly enough I decided to get back into bed.

Getting back in turned out to be a little more difficult than I thought..     cheesy

I'm pretty sure my problem was that I tried to 'get up' too soon after getting 'back in.' Several times after after returning I tried to stand up immediately. Each time I'd only go OBE again. When eventually I allowed myself to rest there for a moment I was able to rise in the normal way.

The experience was both pleasing and exciting.  I don't think there was anything special that I did to bring it on. - I haven't practiced or even posted in a while. It just kinda happened..  Needless to say, however, I was very pleased..    smiley
3  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Super Kool Links on: March 11, 2006, 23:58:35
Super cool indeed, Leyla...  

Thanks!   smiley
4  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Interesting movie about Qi energy on: March 07, 2006, 19:35:13
Curious and very cool...  cool

Thanks, atraluminated!
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / what does this symbol mean?? on: March 07, 2006, 19:31:19
I see "open heart"  

Just a thought though....  smiley
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral Dynamics Book Cover - (back) on: February 08, 2006, 21:37:13
Now that's smart..   cheesy

Thanks, Stookie
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral Dynamics Book Cover - (back) on: February 08, 2006, 21:16:17
I have a small copy also if you'd like..  smiley
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral Dynamics Book Cover - (back) on: February 07, 2006, 23:23:33
Absolutely!    cheesy   lol

Thanks, Gang  -- I also have some text, paraphrased just slightly.   This is taken from pages 368 - 69.

The surface of an astral plane is two-dimensional and covered with perfectly straight horizontal and vertical grid lines. This makes for uniform checkerd appearance over the entire surface. Each square on a surface contains a brilliantly multicolored geometric design, repeated endlessly in every other square. The surface of each astral plane has its own unique pattern, completely different from that of any other astral plane's surface pattern.

Each astral plane appears two dimensional when its surface is approached. However, a fully three-dimensional environment is experienced when this is penetrated.

The surface of an astral plane is magnificent and awe-inspiring to behold. These structures are absolutely beyond compare in their artistic, crisp, and colorful beauty; their enormity and grandeur; and their spectacular awe-inspiring power and deep mystery. I am certain that they are logically and intelligently designed structures, much too geomectrically near and intelligently functional to be merely accidental or natural. They appear to have been designed by an intelligence far beyond ours.

The illustration and its perspective is not abstract. It is based on my living memories of many conscious-exit projections and entries into the astral plane. This accurately represents the surface of what I believe to be the fifth astral plane and shows what the surface of an astral plane actually looks like when encountered firsthand during an astral projection.

If you can streach your imagination just a little after looking at this illustration (on the rear cover) try imagining yourself there. Close your eyes and imagine yourself hovering five miles high, looking down onto a spectacularly checkered wonder.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral Dynamics Book Cover - (back) on: February 06, 2006, 18:41:18
Thank you very much, Stookie...

I have the book.  - No doubt, I'm demonstrating that I need to finish it.  cheesy lol

I'll try to look that up tonight!
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral Dynamics Book Cover - (back) on: February 06, 2006, 03:57:29
Hey Travler..  smiley

Thanks for your answer.  I didn't know about the whirlpools.

I was able to find this paragraph from the astraldynamics.com

It's always fun to have our envelopes stretched and this book does just that. Bruce presents a very unusual description of the astral planes which appear to be endless but actually quite orderly. A very haunting painting from the back cover of the book illustrates this exquisite grid like structure and the astral traveler who about to enter this beautiful world. I enjoyed his tour of the Temple housing the Akashic Records, as well as glimpses of various subplanes, realms, voids, tubes and tunnels. Bruce shares his opinions concerning the standard OBE debates like the Silver Cord, and makes interesting comparisons to the NDEs or Near Death Experiences. But mostly he discusses the techniques he has discovered to deal with all the anomalies and peculiarities of this coexisting other world.

http://www.astraldynamics.com/library/?BoardID=28&BulletinID=155

If my memory serves me correctly (and that's what I'm trying to verify) I also recall an audio interview from Robert Bruce wherin he explained that this was one of the higher planes (i.e. an actual place).  Everyone reaching this plane would see the same thing.  As I recall, there was also mention that this whas the "Jewel of the Lotus" the Buddhists talked about.

Unfortunately, I can't remember which audio interview I listened to and I'm not sure if my memory is serving me correctly.  If anyone can shed any light, I'd be very thankful.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral Dynamics Book Cover - (back) on: February 06, 2006, 00:53:06
Hey Gang..  smiley

Can any of you give me some information about the book cover image on the back of Astral Dynamics?

My understanding it that it is one of the higher levels of the astral plane and a place that everybody can experience, but I'm sure I only know the tip of the iceberg.  What more can be said?  I'd love to know.

Thanks!
12  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / The pictures of Muhammd on: February 04, 2006, 20:57:46
I see from the news that the general public is taking notice of this.  IMHO, this is good.

I think President Bush's remarks following 9-11 are still on everyone's mind.  Following those events he characterized Islam as a kind and loving religion.  Without question, Islam has some bright moments.  Without question, there are many loving Muslim people.  Without question, there are many similarities between Christian Fundamentalism and Islam.  However, for the person who follows Islam scripturally there is no other place to go but to war. - We should not be surprised to see violence breaking out in the streets...
13  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Do Christians Really worship a Volcano? on: January 30, 2006, 22:18:08
This thread is absolutely classic...    smiley  lol
14  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / What Is The Purpose Of Life ? on: January 29, 2006, 13:42:11
It it through the creation that God experiences God.

Live - let live - and experience!  smiley
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Love on: January 28, 2006, 21:53:46
Ever heard the phrase, "All love is a projection?"   smiley

Perhaps there's something to fit here..
16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Oddly Enough: Vampire runs for governor on: January 14, 2006, 14:01:10
Surely he can't be serious....    rolleyes

Vampire Seeks Job as Minnesota Governor
Reuters

INNEAPOLIS (Jan. 13) - Minnesota voters, who eight years ago elected a former professional wrestler as their governor, may find a self-proclaimed vampire on the ballot for the office this year.

"Politics is a cut-throat business," said Jonathon "The Impaler" Sharkey, who said he plans to announce his bid for governor Friday on the ticket of the Vampyres, Witches and Pagans Party.

Like Jesse "The Body" Ventura, who was elected governor as an independent in 1998, the 41-year-old Sharkey once was a wrestler. He went by the nickname "The Unholiest of Kings: Tarantula" on obscure professional circuits.

"I'm a satanist who doesn't hate Jesus," Sharkey told Reuters. "I just hate God the Father."

However, he claims to respect all religions and if elected, will post "everything from the Ten Commandments to the Wicca Reed" in government buildings.
17  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / What is enlightenment magazine. on: January 09, 2006, 19:30:46
Thanks for the heads up, knucklebrain..  smiley
18  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Im thinking of joining a group like the hippies on: December 16, 2005, 00:23:28
I wanna drive the hippie bus..  cool

cheesy
19  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / What happens when your third eye is opening? on: December 15, 2005, 14:45:40

I want to know what happens during the time your third eye is opening?

There is no more "I"
There is no me or you - no more this or that
The mind is empty - The heart fills it
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Hitchhike the world... on: November 24, 2005, 22:58:37
21  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Destination Accessible Only By Water on: November 24, 2005, 16:11:13
Hey dmoney..

Yes - it was a dream.  This morning I'm reminded of this mantra.

“Gate Gate ParaGate ParaSamGate Bodhi Suaha.”

Translated
“Gone gone, gone beyond there goes the goer, to the Other Shore.”

However, I haven't thought about that one in a while.  Contemplating this dream I'm also reminded of Greek mythology.

Another point of interest involves Astral Pulse.

I must admit that I've not done any energy work lately.  However, when I was doing it and using the BrainWave Generator during one meditation experience after reaching no-mind I awoke with the alarming thought - I AM WATER!

It was rather shocking at the time.  That first thought was very real.  I literally 'was' water or at least I thought myself so for a moment.  In a later conversation with one of my spiritual advisers I was told the experience was progress, but like the mantra mentioned above I have not thought about it in quite some time.

The total of all this leaves me curious about the symbolism in the dream.
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / This morning on: November 24, 2005, 15:15:18

After a few minutes i felt as if my body had expanded and was as big as the room sometimes as big as the building. My hands, arms, legs all felt enormous barely able to fit in the room.

Was this before or after Thanksgiving dinner?   cheesy

jk - Hava Happy - and cheers!
23  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Destination Accessible Only By Water on: November 24, 2005, 13:28:59
Might any of you like to help me with the symbolism in this one?

It's dusk (or dawn) and I'm standing beside a shore of some type.  I'm aware that I want t go home.

If I travel to the left I find my way is blocked.  The same thing can be said if I travel to my right.  It becomes apparent that the only way to reach my destination is to go through the water.

There is no fear or anxiety.  I just want to go home.

..meaning?
24  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / christian warrior on: November 14, 2005, 23:39:03
:jawdrop: wow  :jawdrop:
25  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Losing my Religion... on: November 08, 2005, 19:53:37

J.K., you and I are pretty much in agreement on the true nature of God. If, however, you are saying there is no such thing as good and evil, then we will have to respectfully disagree.

We won't have to disagree..  smiley

In my understanding good and evil do exist but both are relative concepts.  One is dependent on the other to define it's existance.  That is the nature of duality.

Another way I like to look at it is with numerology.  The number 3 is negative to the number 5 but positive to the number 2.  Again, this is the nature of duality - relativity.

There is an awareness that transcends the dualistic thought process of making comparisons.  That awareness can not be described in terms understandable by dualistic thought.   It can only be experienced.

We can not say it is "this" or it is "that" because to name it is to by default say there is something outside of it.

As the infinite this awareness can only be experienced, and that experience is not bound by ideas of either rightdoing or wrongdoing.  That is what Rumi was talking about.

It is beyond anything we can name or put a label on.  It is beyond anything that can be bound with speech..    wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5