The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 21, 2022, 20:33:27

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
51  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Few Phasing Questions on: March 08, 2006, 21:06:12
In response to your fist one, this is how i percieve it.

I see FoC 1-2 as an individual thing situated and concentrated purely within your own physical form, or at least restrained to you. Then i see FoC 3 as one step beyond that, the area between this physical existance and the pure conscious plane, FoC 4 is then from this an absolute connection with everything.

So i think your interpretation is basically right (in my eyes) we all belong to a colletive consciousness (which i might add is not some great being that thinks for itself) it is simply that, a collection of consciousness... any who the individual does exist in the sense that we have a physical form, and then we have FoC2 which is basically our imagination.

As to your next question, well im not exactly sure what you mean. One of the problems with this board is when you mention the words Re-incarnation some people will instantly fall into their sceptical anti-religion views (others will do the opposite) so we must look at re-incarnation simply as the basis of what it is, no religious bs involved. As such it is and entirely plausible theory. If you consider the fact that after death there is one less physical form in the world (that of corse presuming that you think the world exists) and one more "spike" if you will of consciouness in the conscious plane, then when a new physical form is created then it is entirely plausible that an extra conscious spike is needed to inhabit it... but im not sure if that was your question.

if that all made no sense (i have a habit of rambleing pointlessly when i write) then im happy to expand.
52  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / free mp3's on: March 08, 2006, 07:45:21
you could try boxed nirvana 2, I'm sure its lying around the forums somewhere... there is also Abyss-alpha to delta around somewhere as well. If you cant find them i should be able to re-upload.

Edit: whoops the ones i just mentioned are hosted on the gnomad site.
53  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / what does this symbol mean?? on: March 07, 2006, 20:48:37
It is the OM symbol.... or its close enough, Om is the symbol to represent the absolute Brahman.
54  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Ganzfeld effect with ping pong balls on: March 04, 2006, 05:00:31
one way to find out
55  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / 'avatar' of enlightenment, sri bhagavan on: March 01, 2006, 21:06:18
Errr.... i really agree with jalef, you cant buy enlightenment. The point of it being enlightened is that you find it yourself. Whether that be through religious means or scientific. It is a journey of self discovery, many people have different names for the final state but it is relatively the same thing.
56  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Experiencing war? on: March 01, 2006, 07:36:13
I have had a couple of war dreams. I have never fully successfully projected however i have a shmit of a lot of dreams about projecting, my subconscious mind must get off on teasing me. These dreams are lucid to the point that i semi know it is a dream, but still in a dream sense... stupid subconscious.

Any way back on track. As i said i have had a couple, the main one was not really war in the modern day sense, it was the medieval sacking of a castle, this was quite an experience ill tell you. I had this huge smile on my face when i woke up, right before lapsing into anger at my subconscious. ARRRRGGHHH.... so frustrating.

anywho this dream started as an aerial view of the battle field zooming over the cavalry, footmen and trebuchet's then back over the castle. I then preceded to be thrown into the action and found myself defending the castle, launching catapults and running around. It was absolutely brilliant, however it didn't last long much to my dismay.

The other one was a modern war one, but it was only a glance as it lasted in all for about 5 secs and i was just looking down a trench at a wounded soldier and a medic. I would really love to have a full blown war dream, like the invasion of Normandy or Stalingrad... they would be amazing experiences. Frightening but amazing all the same.

But until i can project fully i guess ill just have to make do with my teasing subconscious...

Although in someways it is good I'm not fully conscious, because thinking about it now, i wouldn't have come up with all that on my own, so its probably better that my subconscious is mostly in control... it's been doing it for longer i suppose smiley

-Paul
57  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / New and Starting to Try... on: February 22, 2006, 20:22:12
There is no, one working tecnique... each person has a different way of reaching the desired state. Part of the experiance of projection is in the learning... but like PatternsComingToLife said you might want to have a look at phasing. It is the system that has made the most sense for me... but still leaves you open to make your own interpretations.

smiley good luck
58  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Noobie question on: February 21, 2006, 06:14:25
It is, as far as i can tell, compleatly seperate from just looking from behind your eyelids, it is closer to everyday life but still not the same. Projecting in to the "astral" is basically moving into your imagination so your compleately focused on this aspect of yourself. Your not even thinking about your eyelids grin

hope that answered your question.
59  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / "I'm Tom" E.V.P. Recorded by Paul Curran on: February 15, 2006, 07:04:23
Awsome, great story... so whats the relevance
60  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Member's Pictures!! (Loading time) on: February 12, 2006, 04:42:58
WOOHOO ninjas
61  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / good hemisync on: February 12, 2006, 04:02:09
I wouldn't mind this either, hemisync is one of the only things left for me to try.
62  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Monroe Assignment. on: February 12, 2006, 01:39:50
Bump again.
63  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Uses of The 4th Dimension (New Discovery by The Human Race!) on: February 11, 2006, 09:45:53
Yes but time sounds so much less "juciy" than a dimension where everything works out instantly.
64  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Sleep Paralysis on: February 10, 2006, 21:14:00
Yuppo that is sleep paralysis without question. Normally when you experiance sleep paralysis you will be struck down by an overwhelming fear mostly based on the fact you cant move and you dont know what is going on and that your body is in an extremely vulnrable position and as you cant move it can be freaky.

One of the other attributes of sleep paralysis is that you dont normally know what is happening untill later when you wake up properly i.e you may not have fully been aware that you had sleep paralysis (or at least that was the case with me.) What you have to do is focus everything on realising the fact you are paralysed, after you do this you are able to use the paralysis to your advantage just try a normal exit tecnique.

hope this helps.
i know sleep paralysis used to scare the s**t out of me.

also you may have been scared because sleep paralysis often follows a nightmare...
65  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Uses of The 4th Dimension (New Discovery by The Human Race!) on: February 09, 2006, 20:49:06
Well i tried the whole soulmate thing. and oddly enough i had a dream about one of the girls in my grade, i dont know her terribly well and it did supprise me that it was her (of all people) in my dream.

Mabye ill go and meet her properly today wink

But in reality i think it may have just been that i randomly thought about her before going to sleep... nothing new or magical about that.

I also won the lottery in that dream, so hopefully im going to get lucky.... but i doubt it. Strangely though there was another girl from school in that dream... and the general theme was that they both liked me, but one did simply because of the money hmmmmmm.....  Also i usually have a  few dreams in a night and i normally remember more then one of them, but i can only remember this one, odd but once again i dont think there is anything wonderfully working about it but you never know.

(on a side note i have been debating which of these girls to get to know better, i guess now i know for sure that one will only like me for the money grin)
66  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Uses of The 4th Dimension (New Discovery by The Human Race!) on: February 09, 2006, 12:47:00
I mean who would of thought that it was all that simple... i mean all these years and all i had to do was ask.

and for those that havent read the actuall page that this came from... some of it was edited they left out all of the most important bits such as this. Cheesy

Take a sneak peek at "Ueber Alles - The Movie"

The many uses of the 4th Dimension is still to be researched
by humanity, but one use that may interest anyone is to get a
sneak peek at the movie "Ueber Alles".

To do this, just say this out loud before going to sleep:

"I WISH TO SEE A PREVIEW OF "UEBER ALLES - THE MOVIE"

Go to sleep and you will get a sneak preview.

Further.....

Using The 4th Dimension, not only can you get a sneak preview
of "Ueber Alles", you can also EXPERIENCE The Movie
"Ueber Alles", by becoming any of the characters in it.

Just program your sleep and you can experience,
"Ueber Alles" rather than "just watch it."

To be any character of "Ueber Alles", "Plan Odelia",
"The Constance Factor", or "American Street Fighters"

Just do the following:
Say this out loud, before you go to sleep:
"I WISH TO BE: [ INSERT NAME OF CHARACTER HERE ]"

Go to sleep and you will play the role of that character that night!

Example:

If you want to experience the character:
"Kurt Schwierige", just do the following:

"I WISH TO BE: "KURT SCHWIERIGE OF UEBER ALLES - THE MOVIE".

Go to sleep and you will play the character, "Kurt Schwierige", that night!

If you want to experience the character:
"Sarafina Penelope Attar", just do the following:

"I WISH TO BE: "SARAFINA PENELOPE ATTAR OF UEBER ALLES - THE MOVIE".
Go to sleep and you will play the character, "Sarafina Penelope Attar", that night!

If you choose to look for The Prophetess (subplot of Ueber Alles - The Movie)
and want to experience the character: "You", just do the following:

"I WISH TO BE: "MYSELF OF UEBER ALLES - THE MOVIE".
Go to sleep and you will play the character, "You"
(that searches for The Prophetess), that night!

It is recommended that men, play male character roles and women,
play female character roles while in The 4th Dimension (4D Space),
this avoids confusion of thought and in The 4th Dimension
[ because it is all mind (thought) ] a person needs to avoid confusion!

God i'd hate to confuse myself as a woman in a dream movie.... er... thing.
67  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: February 09, 2006, 08:33:10
SpeaK... those are both very nice tracks, love the ambience Cheesy
68  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Uses of The 4th Dimension (New Discovery by The Human Race!) on: February 09, 2006, 07:24:13
Wow that sounds so much like a spam email... at least it didn't say "if you forward this to 100 people in the next ten minutes you will have everlasting happiness"rolleyes either way it sounds crazy...... so crazy it just might work. heh

never the skeptic wink
69  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Monroe Assignment. on: February 08, 2006, 06:25:08
Sorry to bump this, but if anyone can help with the questions it would be greatly appreciated.
70  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Monroe Assignment. on: February 06, 2006, 06:10:38
MisterJingo thanks for that awesome response, it was just what i was looking for. Lucky for you  rolleyes i have some more questions if you could spare the time to answer them.

These are a bit different so you may not know the answers but anything would be helpful, these are more to help me construct the speech (mostly fillers  grin )

You said he used to believe in god, was he brought up as a christian?

Did he start the Monroe institute alone? and when?

What exactly did he believe? (i.e: the physical body and the mind are separate so on so forth)

and finally, Does he have a specific group that follow what he discovered? if so is it large? (ie... er... Monroevian's if you'll excuse the term, I'm sure there is a reasonable chunk of people that follow his beliefs, or correct me if I'm wrong) smiley

Thanks for all the help
-Paul

oh also i don't really have his books so could you briefly expand on whether or not he thought the world could be transformed?

What gives him meaning and purpose?

God meaning or purpose or Monroe?

Basically what made him get up in the morning?

Cheers
71  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Monroe Assignment. on: February 05, 2006, 00:46:57
Hello all

I am in year 12 this year and as a result of this i have been given numerous assignments (shock horror shocked.) One of these assignments is for studies of religion, in it we have to choose a person and give a speech on their particular world view.

As you may have guessed (from the title) i have decided that it might be interesting to explore and talk about the world view of Robert Monroe. This seems simple enough, however i have hit a problem. That problem being that most of the information i can find about him is either in biography form or completely irrelevant in some other way. So i am hoping someone here will be able to help me answer some questions about his views. smiley

Firstly what is a world view this is how it has been defined for me, and is the form in which i must respond too.

1)
Your world-view will determine the way you understand reality. The term world-view has been defined as a set of presuppositions (or assumptions) which we hold (consciously or subconsciously) about the basic make up of our world. Very few people are aware that they hold a particular world-view. They assume that the way they see life is the way everyone does.  Their assumption is that what they see is reality. (Raeper, W ., and Smith, L.(1991). A Beginner's Guide to Ideas, Oxford: Lion Publishers).

2)
A world view can be understood as a way of making sense of human experience, or a way of interpreting the experiences of life in a meaningful manner. Questions about the meaning of life are understood to be ultimate questions and ultimate concerns. It is presupposed that human beings search for a sense of meaning and purpose in life.

3)
An individuals world view can be ascertained through the use of a world-view framework, as defined by Streng F.

Streng suggests five components, which some of you may be familiar with. It is these components that i am asking about today so they are reasonably straightforward questions (most of them). I have changed this model slightly so that it directs straight at Monroe, so any he's or Hiss's in there relate to him.

World View Template

1. Ultimate/ Ultimate Reality
     Does god exist?
    If not, how does he create/define meaning?
    What gives him meaning and purpose?
    What are his most important beliefs?

2. Problematic State
    What are the problems that he perceives in relation to the world?
   What particular words, terms and metaphors does he use to describe
   suffering?
   Is religious or non-religious language used?

3. Means of transformation
    Does he believe that the world can be transformed?
   If so, how? If not, why not?
   Are there practical solutions identified?
   What are they?

4. Personal expression
    What kind of inner experiences, and/or significant experiences
   (worship, rituals, significant moments, special places, creative
   processes) might he seek?
   How does he revitalize the spirit?
   Is there a conversion experience?

5. Social expression
   What connection is there between his life and his beliefs?
   How does his world view effect his relationship with individuals, groups,
   communities and social institutions?
   Is his professional life effected by their world-view?

So those are the questions i am looking to answer in relation to him, if anyone would like more information about a particular question or facet then i am happy to expand (considering i have been given like two books worth of notes rolleyes. Thanks for reading through this and thanks for any help.

-Paul

Also don't feel like your doing my assignment for me, this is simply part of the research phase, i have just chosen to conduct my research in this manner. (as I'm sure everyone here knows a hell of a lot more about Monroe than i could ever hope to find Cheesy) On top of this if anyone knows of any helpful Internet sites then that would be awesome as well.

It would also be helpful if someone could have a stab at what Monroe's world view would be, based on the components and the definitions of a world view.

Cheers. smiley  smiley
72  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Forgotten faith... Please read this post! on: January 27, 2006, 06:49:26
Wait which buddha are we talking about here.... wasn't there many? oh well im lost either way Cheesy
73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Does anyone think its evil to believe in OBEs? on: January 19, 2006, 00:02:10
I remember when i was trying to explain my views of OOBE's to my granmother who, i might add, is a devout christian. She didn't really understand what i was talking about... as such our conversation ended with her telling my granddad that i was worshipping satan in some distant way.  
Cheesy funny little world.
74  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Karmas grip, marijuana cultivation on: October 27, 2005, 12:36:22
Yea as far as i know there are no proven physical side effects... (i may very well be wrong so fell free to correct me) as the body does not develop any physical addiction as such anything associated with addiction is purely a mental dependation. Funnily enough there was a study done in africa where a tribe smoked marijuana and there were no noted side effects, a few tribe members were told (and convinced) that paranoia and obsesionality were known side effects. One of the tribes members shortly afterwards suffered from a severe case of insomnia and paranoia. Those not told of the effects were fine...   Placebo effect anyone Smiley
75  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / "BELIEVERS" on: October 26, 2005, 08:31:58
As you said in there truth is self defined, one may find truth in something.
Knowing is trust in something you know for certain.
and belief is trust in something you do not know for sure.

As such one may find truth in a belief, it does not mean it is true but rather that it may provide some truth for an individual.

Interesting though Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5