The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 02, 2023, 00:58:11

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: whats the" easiest" way to leave your body. on: February 17, 2013, 00:45:16
Bedeekin has a fantastic sticky that he created that addresses all of those questions.

It's found here: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/sleep_paralysis_the_whats_whys_and_wherefores-t38734.0.html

I  apologize for answering this for you Bedeekin. I figured you would have basically said the same thing.

I would actually.  smiley

I can add... if you bare in mind that narcoleptics are the biggest 'sufferers' of Sleep Paralysis you can work out that short naps - which is a symptom of narcolepsy - increase the likelihood of getting to the right point.

In the morning it tends to work better if one gets up immediately upon waking and with the use of an alarm. Snoozing may result in an unconscious transgression into REM and a dream will ensue.

The reason why people find it difficult to induce on a night before sleep is because they are basically... tired... and ready to fall into much needed slow wave sleep. Having the nap earlier will give one the needed slow wave sleep. Generally you will wake before you slip into REM... I used to set an alarm to allow at least an hours nap. Then I would immediately get up after waking then wait anywhere between an hour to sometimes 4 hours until I finally induced.

There is a marked specific feeling between the nap and induction. When you wake up from a nap you should feel groggy and shivery. You are shivery because your body temperature has dropped... which happens to everybody just before they slip into REM. Have you ever fallen asleep in front of the TV or earlier than normal then woke up feeling cold, shivery and groggy? Normally people pick themselves up and stagger into the bedroom to get warm and cosy then slip right into REM sleep. Waiting till your core temperature raises and you aren't so groggy is the ideal time to induce.

In the past I have wrote so much about the 'nap' method I could write a book about it. lol

Thanks guys!

Bedeekin, I had actually read your long post on SP, but couldn't remember any specifics regarding the nap timing. Thanks for providing more details. I will try this method in the nearest future.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: whats the" easiest" way to leave your body. on: January 24, 2013, 23:29:25
Very wrong. If that were so... I wouldn't have had thousands of experiences and I wouldn't have taught others the same way.

If you want to do it on an evening... h before hand. Simple.

I wish people would stop saying don't do it of an evening. It's just completely wrong advice and adds to one of those silly misconceptions.

Bedeekin, could you please provide more details as to your method? It sounds like an interesting idea, to nap shortly before core sleep. How much time before sleep and how long the nap? And what do you do once you go to bed "for real" - do you just let yourself fall asleep or do you try to phase or...?

Thanks!
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: The center of the earth on: January 03, 2013, 22:56:50
Some people think the gov. has built lots of stuff under ground .  Some think f.e.m.a. has some under ground  camps  http://www.fema.gov/  I know we have had " has any one tried to get into area 51 " kind of posts , I think we may of had some posts on under ground cites/camps. I have had some under ground , and in a camp type dreams , so who knows .  On area 51 I just found area 51 . com , its all black , whats up with that ?  desert rat 

Hehe, well I doubt that anything that the US government has built underground would be anywhere near the centre of the Earth Smiley

Other than that, if we are talking about the physical centre of the Earth, it's probably not a very exciting place. Solid metal, insane pressure, high temperatures and that's about it.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / 21 December 2012 - Ironically my best experience on: December 21, 2012, 23:37:26
So looks like the world is still here and for me personally, the 21 December 2012 turned out to be a most positive day – I had by far the best out of body experience so far, and that's after months of nothing at all.

Before going to sleep, I meditated and also repeated affirmations to myself along the lines of, "I will wake up at night, realise I'm in bed, remain still, induce sleep paralysis and leave my body effortlessly." I repeated this long sentence slowly a good dozen times, focusing more on the content and understanding rather than the wording.

At night, my girlfriend had trouble sleeping and I woke up several times, going to the bathroom at least once. Then, at some point I was having a dream about falling asleep and I guess I became lucid, thinking, hey, this is my chance to project! I thought of somehow going into sleep paralysis but realised it's pointless as I could already leave my body without any effort. I dropped through the bed onto the floor, got up, tried the door, but couldn't get through it – it was "solid". I went for the window, walked right through the glass and fell three stories down onto the pavement, feeling absolutely great Smiley

I focused on my hands in an attempt to prolong the experience. They looked physical, but the texture of the skin was much more structured than in real life.

Then, for some reason the best thing I could think of was to go and disturb the traffic. So I ran onto the road and a cyclist had to dodge me – he was angry and even tried to slap me as he rode by. This was a fairly strange part of the experience and perhaps a bit more like a lucid dream – I don't believe any "real" conscious entities were involved.

I then felt like I was losing it, but instead I ended up on the other side of the house, with a crystal clear awareness. And it was... beautiful. The colours of everything were beyond words. I studied some tree and was amazed by the detail. It was nighttime and I looked at the stars. They were moving very fast across the sky and I thought they could be meteorites. Funnily enough I even remembered what date it was in the physical, and thought it would be somehow ironic if the world actually did end while I was out of body. Being a total disbeliever in this stuff, I immediately dismissed it and realised that the stars were moving so fast because time was "fast forwarding" and it was just the natural rotation of the Earth causing the perceived movement. The morning came in a matter of seconds. At that point I started floating in some direction and it all became dreamy. I floated above some "mushroom farm" and "mushroom exhibition" (those were culinary mushrooms mind you) – but it was a dream by this point. Woke up a little while later and wrote everything down.

Sorry for the longish post, I did abridge the account a lot.

As for what helped me induce the experience, I think there are several keypoints to note here: 1) reading this sort of stuff before sleep, 2) affirmations before sleep, 3) disturbed sleep. I think these three things together caused a vivid dream in which I remembered that I should stay still and try to project. And I even thanked my girlfriend for waking me up in the middle of the night Smiley
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Strange experience - input much appreciated on: July 28, 2012, 23:55:33
Well I believe I understand this. Sometimes, a perfectly good OOBE degenerates, and you wake up. Usually, one moment you are in the OOBE as clear and real as can be, but then quickly the scenery fades and you become aware of yourself in bed. The OOBE is over. However, sometimes the degeneration of the OOBE happens more slowly, and you go through a dream like phase where scenery loses its sharpness and clarity, and becomes unrealistic. You can rescue this by focussing your attention right back in the OOBE environment.

I believe you went through this process, the scenery became unrealistic as you backed out of it. In your case you actually backed out of the environment, losing your total involvement in the scene, and finally ended it completely.

What you experienced is the EXACT REVERSE of a phasing attempt. Phasing begins with a visualisation of a scene, in which you are watching the scene as if it is projected on a canvass in front of you. With a little effort you then enter into the scene, rather than watching it on a canvass. What you did was the reverse of this. Effectively, you "phased out"!

I simply think you went through the process of leaving your OOBE, in a fairly natural sort of way. I also think you could have rescued the situation by focussing back within the scene. The frame would have melted away and you would have been back in the OOBE.

This makes a lot of sense. I guess I was thinking along the same lines, but you phrased it perfectly.

I think my OOBE started degrading after the "teleportation" from my bedroom to the street, maybe because it was a bolder jump than I have previously attempted. Not wanting to lose the OOBE, I tried to convince myself that I'm still having it, and so it turned into a sort of active visualisation exercise inside a dream. Should this happen again, I will try to remember to focus on something in the environment and see if that helps.

Either it was not a false awakening or I just don't understand you.

A false awakening is when you think you have woken up, but you are
still dreaming, you are in a dream, just regular dreaming. You are
_not_ awake, you are still dreaming in a false awakening.

Apologies, I typed the post quickly and I mistyped it, but of course you are correct. I wanted to say "The realising that I am _asleep_ part happened..."

Hi,
You could be in the RTZ too. I remember being hungry and searching the house for a sweet tasty. Looking through shelves I found a hidden box of chocolates. My brother and I went on a raiding party many times in the mornings. We were 5 and 6 years old respectively always knowing where things were hidden. Think and ye shall find...
Definately NOT a dream.

I could have very well been in the RTZ. In fact, I think it's very likely, because of the very straightforward getting out of body method I used – just stand up and go. The thing is, my experience is very limited – I have had probably more than a dozen exits, but I have never made it far from my body. So I wouldn't even know much about RTZ, other than from reading other people's experiences.

Thanks everyone for your help!
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Strange experience - input much appreciated on: July 28, 2012, 02:25:39
Thanks for the replies!

This may of been a dream and not a o.b.e. ,I have had a few . I had one where I was takken to a past life , I dont know if it was real or just my mind at play .  desert rat 

To be honest I don't think it was just a dream. I mean I was fully conscious and used my false awakening as an opportunity to leave my body. The first part (the exit) was very much like any other OOBE I've had. I guess it could have been an OOBE that faded into a dream, but why would that happen if I didn't lose one bit of my awareness?

You have already told that you realized that you were still asleep. I also think that it was a dream.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say, or perhaps I didn't explain it well. The realising that I am awake part happened during the false awakenings. After that I used the mind awake/body asleep state to project. At this point I was making conscious decisions and all, so again, it does not seem like a dream.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Strange experience - input much appreciated on: July 27, 2012, 01:40:50
It was morning, almost time to get up. I was having a succession of false awakenings - I get out of bed, start doing something, realise I'm still asleep, get out of bed again and so on... (these are quite typical for me). I finally realised I should be using this state to project. So I simply got up and out of my body.

The getting out part was very "real", as if I was there standing on my bed physically only that I knew it wasn't the physical. I was having some vision problem and I opened my eyes (which has happened often to me), but I quickly understood that it's the wrong thing to do, so I closed them again. I was still out of body, but still having this vision problem - I can't even exactly remember what it was like. So I thought I should get away from my bedroom and the only place I could immediately think of was "in front of the house". I was transported to the street just outside the house and at this point things turned weird. This bit is difficult to explain, but I'll try.

I wanted to go into the grocery store on the other side of the street, but instead of moving into it with my "astral body", if you will, I was just looking at a rectangular frame. It was a lot like playing a 3D computer game: there's a screen in front of you and on it you see what the main character sees and you can move them around. That's pretty much what I saw, only that I didn't interpret it as a computer screen, but just some "frame of vision". (I rarely play computer games these days.) Also, from this point on, it did not feel like an OOBE anymore, but rather a forced visualisation, like "okay, let's walk through that aisle" and then I imagine walking through that particular aisle. I wasn't "in" the experience anymore, I was just intently visualising and watching it through this frame thing. I tried walking around the store, but it just didn't feel real, it felt forced and even a bit disappointing. So I think at this point I voluntarily ended the experience.

So, what was this? Has anyone had similar experiences? What should I do if it occurs again?

Thanks!
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: F10, F12 and the Blackness on: July 20, 2012, 02:14:23
Lots of great replies here! I've had only a little time to meditate during the last few days, but I managed to squeeze in a couple of sessions.

I have made some progress in that I am now more certain that these brief moments of very 3-dimensional visuals that I get when I'm in deep F10 are actually moments of F12. I think so because they are very much like Lionheart described it: I am in F10, then I have a lapse of awareness and when I regain awareness –it's there, a scene in glorious 3D, probably more 3D than I experience in the physical. And at this point, I suddenly want to look around, and when I move my physical eyes, I lose it. Just as Lionheart and Contenteo described.

What is worth noting though is that I managed to make these observations when I decided to stick to noticing only for the entire session, and not do any active visualisations. Staying focused while noticing is generally more difficult for me, but it may be worth doing that for a while.

Of course, one has to keep in mind that words are just words, merely labels, and that the boundaries between all these states are difficult to define, as well as the nature of these experiences.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: F10, F12 and the Blackness on: July 16, 2012, 14:56:39
I don't know what happened, but it seems like my previous post was accidentally edited and entirely replaced by Lionheart's post. The text that starts with the words "I'll throw in a reply here" isn't actually mine, I suppose it's Lionheart's text Smiley

My post more or less as it originally was, went like this:

I personally liked that Boxed Nirvana II MP3, because it was done a more of a program, per say. It has a beginning where you can work on relaxation, a middle for people that wish to work on their Chakras and the end where you can just find your system or technique for shifting or projecting, if you like to do more of an Etheric method. You can also just skip those stages and enjoy the entire trip. The choice is up to you, but you can see he has created it with options, unlike a MP3 of just straight Binaural Beats.

That sounds good and I'll probably try it, although I will have to figure out how to position my computer such that my headphones can reach the spot I usually meditate in Smiley

I personally, dislike the term '3-D'. It really adds nothing but confusion to an already confusing subject.

The hallmark between F10 and F12 is 'Vastness'. That is, a feeling of vastness added to the blackness.

Watch out, if you move your physical eyes to look around, you will snap yourself out of it back to F10.

From what I have gathered, it is the point in which you no longer depend on your physical eyes for input.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Hi Contenteo. Yes, I have seen you say that in some other posts of yours, and I also highly appreciate the methods and tips you have shared in the thread "The Steps to Success in your First Projections" – they have helped me a lot.

In regards to this "vastness" – do you experience this vastness even if you are viewing visual scenes or does it become apparent only if you simply keep "noticing" the blackness? Perhaps I have been putting too much effort into the visualisation and should just concentrate on the noticing process?

Hi,
The vastness of it is so real. Once experienced you will KNOW it. Its unmistakable. Keep going until utter calmness and peace feels all around you. Then you're ready for anything you desire by a simple thought. The fear thing must be under control or you may wake up because you've scared yourself.
When it as deep as you can get it (quite hard to stay here) its the open door to any astral experience.
 Have a plan placed in your mind first, the intent to do whatever HAS TO BE IN MIND. Otherwise youll end up in a strange environment. If its your first time and this happens learn from it. Dont show fear at all. Thought=action, the rest is fun.
Enjoy.

From this I gather that I haven't yet experienced proper F12, unless of course it takes on some considerably different form for me. Well then, practice, practice, practice...
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: LDing for Idiots -- Senses Initiated Lucid Dream (SSILD) on: July 16, 2012, 01:25:30
Today I had a short astral experience, which may have been induced by the technique described in the original post. I have outlined the experience itself in a different thread: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/false_awakening_to_astral_projection-t37767.0.html;msg310136#msg310136

I did the exercise (5 cycles) in the morning hours, fell asleep and after an hour or so I was having a very long and vivid dream (non-lucid). This dream then led to a false awakening, which in turn led to an OOBE. This is about the third time trying this technique, the first two times did not yield any results. It's difficult to say if today's experience was directly caused by this exercise or not (I do a lot of other types of meditation as well), but it well may have been.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: False awakening to astral projection? on: July 16, 2012, 01:07:27
Wow, that is great control you have there Embrace. Congratulations are in order!  smiley When I find myself in a False Awakening, that alone is enough to knock me back to the physical again. I have learned how to control my Lucid Dreams, but still get the "knock" out of the Astral blow from my False Awakenings.

Yeah, most people don't realize they're projecting.
Being able to figure out you're actually projecting when you're having a false awakening is quite the accomplishment.

I think I've only ever figured out a false awakening once. LoL

I don't think it's actually that unusual to be able to maintain awareness during a false awakening and use it for projection. For me, that is almost the only way I've ever experienced AP. In fact I had one such experience this morning, albeit a very short and pretty freaky one:

I had just had a long vivid dream and thought I'd write it down in my journal while still in bed. As soon as I started writing I sensed something was wrong - the pen didn't write the way it should. I immediately realised I was having a false awakening. In order to "stabilise" the experience I just kept on writing for a while and then I thought, well why don't I get out of my body. I also checked the time, and the time was obviously wrong, so that confirmed I was having a non-physical experience. So I just got up, out of my body, very quickly and smoothly. At this point, for some funny reason I thought, "Well I'm out of my body, so now I should open my eyes to see better". As soon as I did, I felt somebody's presence right next to me. Like somebody was standing right there, almost up against me. My first thought was that it was just myself or something, but I quickly realised it wasn't "me" or my body. I freaked out and woke up with a gasp of fear only to find out that this "someone" was my girlfriend lying there at my side in bed. She was at least as freaked out as I was Smiley

The reason I saw my girlfriend next to me was that I had opened my physical eyes while out of body and was getting visual input from two sources simultaneously, which is a typical problem for me. But at least I have finally figured out the solution - I need to stop thinking about opening my eyes, this is some bodily habit, actually I think I can see perfectly well in the astral without "opening my eyes".

And just for reference - this experience may have been induced by the SILD technique described in a sticky under Astral Consciousness - I had done the exercise about an hour earlier.

As for projecting from false awakenings, then these have happened when I've tried going to the bathroom, but realised I'm dreaming because suddenly there was no toilet in the bathroom or tried looking at my watch but realised the time was unreal and in similar situations. In fact, I haven't had many experiences where some sort of a false awakening hasn't been involved, but of course, it will depend on the person.
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: F10, F12 and the Blackness on: July 16, 2012, 00:31:54
In regards to this "vastness" – do you experience this vastness even if you are viewing visual scenes or does it become apparent only if you simply keep "noticing" the blackness? Perhaps I have been putting too much effort into visualisation and should just concentrate on the noticing process?
I'll throw in a reply here. I notice that I will be in a brief visual for a second, then when my awareness goes back to the "darkness", I see that it has changed, that it has become vast, as Contenteo puts it. It's like there is a brief "disconnect" here. Last night I practiced this over and over again, to try to explain it here. I see it more in a sense of the depth changing, but vast is a good word as well. I didn't try to project at all, I just wanted to get to the disconnect. I did it 3 different times and every time was had the same results. It felt like I lost total consciousness for a brief second, but then once I gained my awareness again, the blackness or in my case the white shroud had changed depth. The reason you need to practice a lot is when this occurs, your first reaction is to look with your physical eyes, which will totally kill the effect, as Contenteo says. 

13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: F10, F12 and the Blackness on: July 14, 2012, 01:37:41
Thanks everyone for the input!

But no, it's not just outright "black"... that's just the general feel of it that most people use to describe it.

It's like even if I close my eyes this very second... it's not black.  Not even close... it's a myriad of mixed colours and shades dancing around.

That's what I suspected, but it had always confused me. Even years back when I had my first experiences, I would try to phase and sit there waiting for utter darkness to come about me but it never happened Smiley

I've never had a conscious OOBE or AP, but I have spent extensive time in the F10 and F12 states.
For me, the "3D blackness" can be described as an odd feeling, much like when you have an odd feeling that someone else is in the room with you even though they aren't. It's basically to say my awareness expands and my physical all but disappears.

I would say you have a very active visual sense. Try to engage all of your senses within these scenes and you may experience more... vivid results.

That's interesting, I haven't experienced such a sense of "presence" yet, but I will be on a lookout for that.

As for my visual sense, it's probably true that I am very visually oriented. For example when I remember something that I read in a book I will often "see" in my mind where and how the info is located on the page or when I think of a word or a number, I immediately see it spelled out in my mind's eye, rather than hear its pronunciation or something.

Hello the "blackness" is the same as you would see if you were in a pitch dark room and you closed your eyes. But the blackness could also show itself as a cloudy grey or a pure white mist. I have experienced this in many ways. The thing that you want to watch for, that really shows you which focus level you have hit, is the "depth" of the blackness. When you first close your eyes you can tell the blackness is right behind your eyelids. After awhile that blackness per say starts to change, there is normally a small disconnect first. It's like you are seeing the regular blackness, then your mind wanders off to do something, it could be watching some images that briefly appear than disappear. Then all of a sudden you are "aware" that the entire depth of that blackness has changed. You can mess around with this by imagining a simple object, let's say a spinning top in front of you, then start moving this image backwards into the abyss. You will see that you can move this image pretty far back into the abyss and still retain the image, except that this image would be much smaller, as you are perceiving it moving back from you.
 Now you are at the point to launch yourself into a intended scenario and become a part of it instead of just viewing it as a simple image. Sometimes when I hit the 3d image darkness area, I visually launch a basketball into it and watch it fade into the distance. From there I can start shooting the basketball into the abyss and each time I start to get new visuals. Like maybe a net will appear, then I see the pole for the net or the backboard, then I see I am on a court, now I see people around me. Play with it, experiment with it, write down what you tried and how it worked or didn't work. Now you are creating your own path to the Larger Reality. You can only learn so much from the books and videos on the subject. Just like you can only learn so much from what i am saying now.
 If you would except a tip though, there is a Binaural Beat program known as "Boxed Nirvana II" this was created by Dave Allen-Williams and is an excellent MP3 program for hitting the 3d Darkness stage. You can use the early parts of the MP3 to do energy work or relaxing exercises, whatever your heart desires. He doesn't get you into the Theta to Delta state until later in the program. You can find the free download here, along with the instructions. http://higher-music.com/free-download-boxed-nirvana-ii/

Those are interesting techniques you describe, Lionheart. I will give them a try if I hit the 3D blackness (if I can remember them in the moment, of course). I might also try the audio track you recommended although it's been a long time since I have used any binaural beats. I was never sure whether they are helpful or more of a distraction. I guess I'll just have to try some again and see. Do you guys find binaural beats generally helpful then?

From my experience, this is a very good thing. I can't tell you if it was F12 or not, but full-blown 3D visions are definitely astral related. My development started out just like this... short visions that would be hard to grab on to. It takes practice, as you have to hold a sort of a passive awareness on them. Just a bit of curiosity without analyzing it. Once you get the hang of it you can view them for longer from your current perspective, or phase directly into the scene.

Yes, I was hoping so. I've been noticing that with every session it is becoming easier and easier to hold onto these visions. When I first started, these 3D scenes would be very simple and spontaneous, like me looking at some object somewhere in my room close-up and sensing its 3-dimensionality (I know it may sound like an RTZ projection, but I don't think they are, they don't feel like it). During the last session I had today, I could already hold onto the "3D-ness" of a larger scene that I had created myself, although it still lasted only a few seconds.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / F10, F12 and the Blackness on: July 13, 2012, 01:25:55
Hi everyone!

This is not my first post here, but I haven't posted in years. Some four or five years ago I practiced AP/OOBE a lot, had some experiences but then for some reason I stopped. I don't even know why I stopped even though I've known all along that this is something I want to dedicate a significant part of my life to.

In any case, I am back in business. For the last few weeks I have been actively reading the forum, which is a brilliant place as always, and practicing phasing. I even had one short unintentional OOBE one morning, nothing too special though.

Now I have never managed to project consciously, but this is something I am aiming for. All my experiences previously have been so to say opportunistic "RTZ" type ones (with very little control) – I'd become lucid in a dream or I would reach out for my watch and find that I have reached out with my "astral hand" instead of my physical, and then I would use the opportunity to exit. But to lay down, meditate and project – never.

So now I am practicing phasing. I'm taking it slowly, currently I am focusing on simply reaching F10 and becoming familiar with that state. From what I gather, I can reach a reasonably deep F10 and stay in it for quite a while.

However I have a few questions about F10 and F12, both being important milestones in phasing. The first question is about "blackness". Most descriptions of F10 and F12 talk about this blackness. In F10 the blackness is 2D. In F12 the blackness in 3D. 

But what is this blackness everyone is talking about? Does it mean "black" as in "pitch black", that is, the blackness of outer space and of the ocean depths? To be honest, I have never experienced any such blackness during my sessions.

Or does "blackness" mean simply the stuff we see when we close our eyes? In my case, it is far from black. If anything, then it's more like dark red or brown (even when wearing a blindfold) and usually with lots of colours and shadows moving around (the ones I am supposed to notice during the Noticing exercise).

Also, it is said that during the transition from F10 to F12 the blackness should go from 2D to 3D. However, most of the time when I am in F10, I am actually witnessing a visual scene, so how do I know if the blackness has become 3D when I am not really witnessing any blackness, but something visual in my mind's eye? Is this "2D to 3D" thing supposed to occur only when doing the noticing exercise throughout? I get visual scenes almost instantly when meditating and they seem more interesting than doing noticing, so usually I just concentrate on them.

I do however, occassionally, during a meditation session, suddenly experience the scene that I am watching become "full blown 3D". I can feel a very distinct difference between active 2D visualisation I start with and these 3D scenes. They usually come unexpectedly and I often lose them quickly when I realise that they are 3D. Could these be short moments of F12 that I am experiencing?

Thanks in advance for any input!
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Was this an OBE?? on: June 10, 2007, 00:44:21
I think it depends a lot on your level of awareness during the experience. I'd say that if it felt like a dream (albeit a very vivid one), then probably it was just a dream. But if you were actually aware during the experience that your physical body is asleep and that you either dreaming or out of body, then it was probably a lucid dream or an AP. According to the description though, I would say it was a vivid/lucid dream, although I can't get into your head to give a better answer.

Hope this helps!
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Another strange lucid dream wake up... on: June 07, 2007, 17:46:27
I am pretty sure you could have induced an OOBE from that state. So far all my successful exits (around 10 probably) have been from a similar state. I realise I'm asleep, so I just get up and out of my body. This kind of state usually comes right after a vivid dream or when I try to do something in the middle of the night physically like look at the time or get up to go to the bathroom or something like that, but instead end up in a "dreamlet" of doing it.

Today, for instance, I was trying to get to the bathroom, but every time I found myself in a dream until I figured I could use it to AP. I got out of the body, but was in my grandparents' house for some reason, which is like 2000 km from where I'm now. I called for a helper (never done that) and had my first out-of-my-room experience. We just flew around some beautiful night landscape, which was interesting, but my level of awareness was very low, I lost it quickly and woke up.

When next time you happen to be in that state, ie. sleeping but conscious, I suggest you just try to exit somehow, whatever method you prefer.

I'm not sure about the loud breathing part, it may have been not physical actually, like a small dream or something.
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Affecting the physical on: June 06, 2007, 20:31:49
I was wondering if anyone could comment on the possibility of affecting the physical realm while being OOB.

In his first book "Journeys out of Body", Robert Monroe mentions how he visited a friend of his while out of body and in order to make sure she remembered the visit he pinched her. When talking back in the physical world she told him that it really hurt and showed him the mark it left on her belly.

I had been researching the concept of AP for several years before reading the book and was really surprised by that part when I read it. Prior to that, I had never come across any accounts of affecting physical things (eg. human bodies) while being out of body and didn't think it was possible.

Do any of you have any experience with that or any knowledge of such phenomena?
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Mind Over Matter on: June 06, 2007, 17:38:45
Well, this whole thread sounds like scam to me. A reply within 8 minutes? Just enough time to register a new username and reply to your own question. I think it's a good idea to ignore this thread.
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Anyone ever tried a simple experiment... on: June 05, 2007, 23:03:48
How can they be sure you didn't just open your eyes and look around to see what has changed? Maybe it's a good idea to do the rearrangement thing in another room?
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Strange things happens on: June 04, 2007, 22:09:20
Hi,

I don't really know anything about the precognitions you're having in your dreams, although I do find it very interesting.

As for the second part of your post, I think you have a natural talent for astral projection/out of body experiences. What you're having could be lucid dreams or OOBEs, in any case it would be a waste not to use this opportunity. If you are interested in this skill of yours, and I guess you are since you came to these forums, I suggest you familiarise yourself with the topic, read the forums, read some books (for example by Robert Monroe, Robert Bruce). You could be having amazing eperiences with very little effort.

Have fun!
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: hi, i'm a newb. on: June 04, 2007, 21:46:19
I would personally recommend reading all the stuff by Robert Monroe, that is three books: "Journeys out of Body", "Far Journeys" and "The Ultimate Journey". It is some of the most inspiring and influential stuff I've ever read. I'd actually leave "Far Journeys" for the end, as a dessert, it is the best of the three in my opinion.

I find conscious projection (ie. lie down, close your eyes, project) very difficult. I've probably spent around two or three years trying to achieve that, with no success (although I still hope I can make it one day), until I realised there's an easier (for me) way of doing it, which is basically playing around with sleep. I suggest you try stuff like waking up two hours early, stay awake for half an hour and go back to sleep. The idea is to break up your sleeping pattern so that you have more chance of getting vivid/lucid dreams, false awakenings etc which can all lead to OOBE. If you browse this forum for a while, you'll find lots of methods to do that.

Good luck!
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Question about dreaming on: June 04, 2007, 20:37:19
I think it is more likely to work in the morning after you have woken up slightly early for whatever reason and go on sleeping. Then it might be a good idea to try and visualise yourself doing something specific. I often imagine myself standing next to my bed and then walking out of the room and just going some typical path that I walk every day. I also try to make all sensations (ie touch, sound etc) as vivid as possible. I think a couple of times I nearly ended up phasing that way, but drifted off too quickly. You probably won't remember many dreams from the beginning of the night anyway, and morning dreams are usually more vivid, that's why I think it's a good idea to try this in the morning.

By the way, rvaiksaar, are you by any chance from Estonia?
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I think I had a preview of it for a few seconds! on: May 28, 2007, 00:34:03
I am not a very experienced projector, I get out of body quite frequently lately, but need to gain more control and stay out longer.

Nevertheless I think what you had was a partial separation, basically nearly an OOBE. I get similar experiences quite often and have learnt to exploit them if I'm conscious enough. What happens usually is that I reach for my phone or my watch to check the time, but something is not right. Once, as I was reaching out I noticed I couldn't see my hand although I could definitely feel it. Sometimes I grab the phone/watch and see some very random time on it which I know cannot be correct. Another time, as I grabbed the watch I realised I couldn't have done it from that position without twisting my arm in a very inhuman way.

On such occasions I usually use the opportunity and just get up, leaving the body behind. Such quick exits may be the cause of the lack of control I have once I'm OOB, so it may be a good idea to use a less intense exit method, like floating etc.

Anyway, when you have another such experience, no reason to freak out, try to get more aware of the situation and use an exit technique you are comfortable with (or more likely whichever comes to mind). I'm pretty sure you are very close to a full blown OOBE.
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Strange OOBEs, advice needed on: May 21, 2007, 23:14:40
Yesterday I had another interesting experience.

It was morning and I was about to get up. I reached for my phone, which was lying on the bed next to me, to check the time. As I did that I noticed I can't see my hand. I was like, "damn, this is not my real hand, have to try again". I reached again and the same thing happened. After about the fifth time trying to get my phone, when I was already getting ticked off at the situation, I suddenly realised that I'm actually wasting a great OOBE opportunity. I simply climbed out of my body and stood next to my bed. I'm happy that this time I had proper vision for quite a while, although almost no control. After a few very diffiult steps across my room I returned to the body. I tried the swinging technique suggested by Andrew for exiting, but it felt really pointless at that point to swing myself out of the body when I knew I could just stand up and be OOB. Then I became too awake physically and lost it.

I find that having a watch or a phone next to oneself (within reachable distance) really increases chances for OOBE. Just a few days ago I was in a similar situation, where I reached for my watch to check the time. I could feel my hand hanging off the side of the bed and holding the watch, while I knew very well that there was no way I could have reached my watch from that position without a few additional joints on my arm, so it was actually my astral hand holding some astral watch while my physical hand was peacefully resting on my stomach. For some reason I didn't try to project though.
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Brain waves on: May 21, 2007, 22:54:14
I have listened to mp3 brainwave for a few years, though I gave it up like a year ago. They haven't helped me much to be honest, but they definitely haven't done any harm, although I've had loads of strange experiences of all kinds while listening to them. I don't think you have anything to worry about, if you find that they help you achieve trance state or have interesting experiences, go ahead and use them.
Pages: [1] 2