The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 22, 2021, 14:43:22

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3]
51  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / How was God created? on: December 30, 2003, 15:08:57
Mattrox,

If you are referring to me as the close-minded one, you have absolutely no idea of the experiences that brought me to the point of understanding and belief that I have.

Are you really 14 years old, as your profile states? If so, my young friend, I was a "new ager" before you were even born ... literally.

Crystals? CHECK. Initiation? CHECK. Clairvoyance? CHECK. Materializations of objects? CHECK. Telekenisis? CHECK. Face to face encounters with angels and demons? CHECK. Hung out with the guru at the Hare Krishna temple in Chicago? CHECK. And on and on and on ...

In August, 1987, I was certain that the "collective Ego" had conspired against me and my friend as we attempted to go to a Harmonic Convergence meditation event. First we went to the wrong location, then my tire blew out, I had no spare ... never got there. Guess what? It was not any "collective Ego" attempting to bar my way. It was my own stupidity and irresponsibility in not maintaining my car properly!

In any case, I had a night in which I went down, down, down into the very pit of hell .... I came out, along with a friend, having battled very real demons (or Negs, if you prefer that language) and having a HUGE transformative experience of the Living, Loving God of All ... and all consuming Holy Fire in which I was baptized - immersed - changed - freed and, as Moses struck a rock in the Desert and fresh water flowed from it, a wellspring of tremendous life sprung up within my soul. A healing balm - the Waters of Shiloh.

In the many years since that time (about the number of years you have been residing in you current fleshly abode), I have taken a great deal of effort and time to meditate, fast, pray, learn and grow. Ahhh, but I'm close minded! Well, so be it ...

But That Which Is Simply Is ... It is It's own Proof, and It resides at the core and center of every living being, for one of It's names is Eyeh Asher Eyah, Being, manifested in all that is, yet not to be confused with that Creation. Both immediately immanant and eternally transendant. Mystery of mysteries revealed, I believe, in the Person of Jesus Christ.

Peace and grace to you ...
52  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Channeling God!! on: December 28, 2003, 23:22:37
Well, just a slight technicality ... he said "God of all flesh," not "the god of the flesh."

In typical biblical parlance, a "god of the flesh" is an idol of selfish desire, like making the desire for power or sex or money one's god, or ruling principle. Thus, were one to personify all of the "gods of the flesh" into a single archtypal entity, that would indeed be the commonly refered to "Satan" or Devil. (Of course, at this point, one might easily digress into a discussion of the Christian concept of Satan and the Jewish concept of Satan or HShTN...)

On the other hand, "the God of all flesh" is a biblical phrase from Jeremiah used to indicate the one God who is sovereign over all creation and creatures.

Carry on ...
53  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Channeling God!! on: December 28, 2003, 17:39:40
Hmmm, sounds like a familiar inner dialogue - I believe I recognize that Voice! [Smiley]

Ceriel ... that's the very beauty of God, and the answer to your question! Your free will and mind is a gift from God who does not violate you. The answer is within you, yet you cannot, or will not, access it because you refuse to listen! You seem to be setting up a conflict that does not exist.

I was afraid to "lose" myself, yet when I let go of my "freedom" and self-will, I found, much to my astonishment, true freedom within, real life welling up, and my true self breaking out of the shell of falsehood that had me bound! This is what Jesus meant when He said (paraphrased), "the one who tries to save his life will lose it, but the one who loses his life for My sake will gain it," or "in order for a seed to grow and bear fruit, it must fall to the ground and die."

So, I pray, and I AM I in that Great I AM. I am no puppet for God, because he is not a puppeteer. To make Him one is simply to reduce that which is the Highest Good to a projection of our own selfishness and fear.

And He says to tell you He loves you and that you too, if you listen within, will hear that Voice of Love, the inner voice of God.
54  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Has The Church Failed You? on: December 28, 2003, 17:30:29
Sure! "The Church" has failed me, as has most anyone I've had any deeper relationship with than a passing "hello!" And, yes, I have failed my brothers and sisters as well. We, as humans, have great capacity for love and a simultaneous tendancy to hurt others through our selfishness. Who is "The Church," after all? WE (who are involved in a church) are the church. Imperfect people trying our best to grow spiritually, trim away the dead wood within, embrace our difficulties, allowing them to transform us into more humble, generous and loving people.

In my mind, "The Church" fails because it holds up an ideal after which to strive. As humans, we are bound to fall during the journey. If we simply discarded the ideal, there could be no failure, because then everything would be relative.

So, I let go of ego, and find the deep abiding wellspring of love within and try to give, to build, to transform my church and my part of the world into a little bit more of a reflection of the Good, of Heaven. I put my faith in God - the God who has touched me with His awsome love, who has healed my deepest hurts, who has shown me great mysteries and who abides with and in me, as I abide in Him. And I walk forward.
55  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / What is Forgiveness? on: December 20, 2003, 19:53:14
Here's one illustration of forgiveness:

The air was filled with keen expectation--and a joy which was contagious. Looking like doves of peace, hundreds upon hundreds of light grey pigeons, sat on fountains, window sills, and roof statues all around the square. Like a sweet fragrance, their gentle cooing drifted through the air.

Suddenly the crowd burst into cheers, as Pope John Paul II was driven into sight. Cameras flashed, as the smiling Pope stood in his open-air "Popemobile." He waved blessings to the crowd and embraced little children lifted up to him. As the Popemobile slowly made its way around the crowded square, a forest of eager hands reached out to the Pope. Tragically, one of those hands held a gun!

Shots rang out! The gentle pigeons scattered in fright. Severely wounded, the Pope fell backwards in intense pain. His white robes showed the spreading red stain of his own blood.

Time passed--weeks, then months. The Pope survived. The open-air Popemobile was replaced, by a new vehicle which completely enclosed the Pope in thick sheets of bullet proof glass. This was a sad step to take. But it was taken because people did not forget. Rather, they remembered and learned from the assassination attempt.

Time passed--in fact, a whole 2.5 years passed. It was now a chilly early morning on December 23, 1983. Dressed in his crisp white robes, the Pope sat in a bare, white-walled prison cell in Rome. Seated before him, knee-to-knee, was his would-be assassin. Unshaven and clad in blue jeans, this man was now a prisoner, convicted with a life sentence. The Pope looked into the eyes of this man who tried to kill him. Then, leaning forward, the Pope took the man's hands in his own--and he forgave him.

In forgiving, the Pope let go of the burden of pain in his own heart. The Pope refused to chain his life, to the terrible nightmare the gunman had created. In forgiving, the Pope let the grace of a forgiving God shine through his life. In forgiving, the Pope opened up a door to personal reconciliation--which the gunman could walk through, if he ever became truly penitent.

How does one know when true forgiveness has taken place? More than just words, true forgiveness takes place in the heart. It begins on that day when we no longer carry ill will toward the person who hurt us. And so it was with John Paul II. He emerged from that prison cell, calling the prisoner his "brother." This Pope forgave graciously, in a way that is a model for all people. But consider this: the Pope did not forgive and forget. Rather, what he did was remember and forgive.

For example: The Pope did not try to pretend the shooting didn't happen, or that it didn't really hurt. It happened and it hurt him a great deal! The Pope did not suggest, in any way, that the shooting was not evil. In fact, it was terribly evil! And the Pope did not try to get the prisoner released from prison. Although forgiven by his victim, the man still bore responsibility for his act. There were consequences from his act, he still had to face.

in an article in Time magazine, inspired by Pope John Paul's forgiveness of his would-be assassin, journalist Lance Morrow wrote, "The psychological case for forgiveness is overwhelmingly persuasive. Not to forgive is to be imprisoned by the past, by old grievances that do not permit life to proceed with new business.

"Not to forgive is to yield oneself to another's control. If one does not forgive, then one is controlled by the other's initiatives and is locked into a sequence of act and response, of outrage and revenge, tit for tat, escalating always. The present is endlessly overwhelmed and devoured by the past."

To forgive is to become free from the past. It allows the person forgiving to let go of resentment that binds, and it opens the door for the forgiven (except in certain cases, like if the person has died) to experience love in a way that is unique and that can transform, if they are open to it.

I was struck yesterday, while I watched some news coverage of the serial killer who was just convicted for killing all those women over the span of many years. He was addressed by over 40 family members of victims. Their statements, for obvious reasons mostly filled with anger and the desire for revenge, were met by the killer's apparently blank stare.

Then came an older man, the father of a victim, who, though obviously deeply greived, addressed the killer with forgiveness. He told the killer that he forgave him, because he had learned forgiveness from Jesus. At that point, the killer began to weep. I don't know what long term impact that will have on the killer, but you could see the profound contrast of the inner healing in the father compared to the bitterness and resentment that bound many of the other victims' relatives who did not yet have the capacity to forgive.

Forgiveness, for me, must be an everyday attitude. To have a love within, that I have found in God, to "bless those who curse me" as Jesus said, and to let go of the anger and resentment that can so easily slowly build up into a casket, bringing the death of my soul and choking off the life of God within.
56  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Common Dream Themes. on: December 18, 2003, 18:57:41
Ahh, dreams. Well, last night, I was examining various diamonds through a 10X jeweler's lupe ...

I remember as a kid having dreams of being chased and not being able to get away. Then I learned to fly ... what a relief! (I love those flying dreams.) Then I had a lot of sexual dreams, some of which seemed mighty real!

Then, the recurring dreams of missing a college test, being gone from class and loosing track of my schedule...

Then, years ago, there was the period of breaking out of the shell and being reborn within. Many violent dreams. One where my father turned into a demonic beast and I attempted repeatedly to stab him/it. Hidden fears, hurts, anger and internalized negativity bubbling up to conciousness during the dream state, subsequently leading to much needed inner healing and forgivenss.

Now? Pretty much enjoyable, simple things, like Jesus teaching me to walk through walls and such! And the diamonds? Are they significant? Maybe ... to me! Or maybe, it was just a continuation of my conversation yesterday with my step-mom about diamonds. Of course, it was a lot of examination of the internal structure, symmetry, flaws, etc. ...
57  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / How was God created? on: December 18, 2003, 13:31:54
quote:
In fact, I planned on making most of you really mad and getting a lot of furious responses.

Does this mean none of you have anything to say? You don't care that I don't think God was created? That I'm influencing other people to think my way?

If you really wanted to listen to others - as in dialogue -  they might speak. But since you seem rather inclined simply to denegrate others beliefs with sarcasm and mock their God ...

Anyway, what is, is, and needs no apologia, especially when one "has no ears to hear." God's appeal, his argument, his proof is already within you, in your very being, and in the fabric of all that IS around you.
58  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Reptilian guides tell how it really is! on: December 16, 2003, 17:53:24
And, for the other angles on the Reptilian issue ... [Tongue]

You've got David Icke's take: http://www.davidicke.com/icke/temp/reptconn.html

Then Ron Patton's view: http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/UFOs/demons_aliens_clothes.htm

And of course, Dagoberts Revenge always weighs in on these things: http://www.dagobertsrevenge.com/index.html?articles/elitism

Of course, you can take the (somewhat more) traditional Christian line that these "Reptillians," or the Serpent Race, are fallen angels - demons - and "feed" vampirically off of the Human race, who are in bondage to these elemental powers, and who decieve us to serve their own purposes, and whose power over the soul is broken in Christ.

Then, you've got Sir Laurence Gardner and Nicolas de Vere, both European aristocracy, who claim Reptilian descent (bloodlines) are the "Divine Right" to earthly rule.

De Vere's family traditions are rather, uh, intriguing, to say the least! His dragoncourt.org website has removed the very revealing details of their vampirism in "From Transylvania to Tunbridge Wells" (which I had printed out, along with "The Origin of The Dragon Lords of the Rings"), but alas, some good soul had copied and archived it for our benefit. This you've GOT to read. (And if you don't know the name de Vere, they own De Vere hotels, De Vere Chase Financial, a de Vere was a signer of the Magna Carta, a de Ver married into the line of Charlemagne in the 700's ... in other words, they've been in power for a long time ...)

http://www.lincolndiagnostics.com/public/DeVereRedirect.htm

So ... why should I lend any credence to Fuzziwig's "telepathic" communique? For all I know, his "guide" is simply a deceiving spirit/entity/being, obscuring the truth!
59  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Some weird math I thought of on: December 12, 2003, 02:51:45
quote:
0^0 = 1

because there are no zeros multiplied (exponent of 0)

so it = 1 for the same reason (everything else)^0 = 1, that none of that number is multiplied.

Not really. The generalized power function f(x,y) = x^y is discontinuous and undefined at x = y = 0, which is the context of your original usage.

0^0 is *defined* as equal to 1 as a *convention* of convenience in other areas. For a discusion this convention:

http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.0.to.0.power.html

http://www.math.hmc.edu/funfacts/ffiles/10005.3-5.shtml?CFID=1146928&CFTOKEN=41937423&jsessionid=06303118541071203517908

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ExponentLaws.html

So, it's a bit of hair splitting, but your original observation is a good one, and still holds without the 0^0 expression.

Try this link for lot's of interesting numbers:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/math/numbers.html
60  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Some weird math I thought of on: December 11, 2003, 20:14:12
and BTW, 0^0 is *undefined*, not 1. n^0 = 1, for all n not equal to 0.
61  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Some weird math I thought of on: December 11, 2003, 17:31:44
Or the number of milliseconds in one day...

That, btw, is the sequence of hyperfactorials ...

The next in the sequence is 4,031,078,400,000, which equals the number of seconds in 46,656,000 days and 46,656,000 = 360^3 = (72*5)^3 so it's related to phi via the pentagram and 4,031,078,400,000 is divisable by 111 ... Lot's of interesting numbers in there ...
62  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Reasons why OBE’s should NOT be feared. on: December 10, 2003, 02:27:22
quote:
The only cases I have come across where projectors have had seriously bad experiences with lower subplanes involved hallucinogenic drugs being used to precipitate out-of-body experiences.

I will testify to that! In my younger years, I used LSD for a period during which I was seeking deeper spiritual understanding. I had a number of very enlightening and positive trips that were always highly spiritual. Until that one night - a trip to the pit of hell.

It was the last time I ever used any drugs (other than a beer now and then). It was also a catalyst into a whole new way of life - along the lines of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." It also gave me a great dose of humility, caution and fear. The humility was needed, a reasonable caution has remained, the fear has gradually been overcome as I delved deeply into those dark and negative aspects of my own mind and soul, carrying with me the light of God and the healing balm of love.

In retrospect, years later, I can see clearly that what I encountered was a mix of 1) my own hidden festering wounds, anger, hurt, and projected demons and 2) very strong negative entities attempting to psychicly harm. The cesspool, if you will, of the many negative entities created in the dark recesses of the human psyche through the ages vibrating my own unresolved inner cesspool. The LSD broke down the psychic defense structures I had built up to keep a lid on it all.

Fortunately, I held fast to my faithful guide that night - Jesus - and had a powerful experience of God that radically transformed me, although what seemed at the time to be a thorough transformation was simply the first step on a lifetime journey of spiritual growth and understanding.

I have no doubt that psychedelics can be used in powerful and positive ways if the person is well balanced with a trained mind and soul, but personally have no use for them. I would caution young people against attempting to short cicuit the natural process of spiritual, mental and emotional growth in order to experience other realms. Such drugs can very suddenly, by removing the natural barriers of self-protection, introduce a person to that which Robert describes:

quote:
The lower astral sublanes (traditionally the ones to be avoided) appear to be areas where negative emotion, thought, and fantasy-generated energies have been collecting for a very long time. These areas are home to negative manifestations of the darker side of the human mind and imagination. The fringes of these areas are not dangerous, but are decidedly unpleasant. The very bad lower subplanes are dark, shadowy areas populated (more aptly polluted) with all kinds of demons, monsters, and nightmarish figures. The lowest of these dark areas could aptly be called hellish dimensional areas

This sudden, unexpected confrontation can be potentially overwhelming to the point of real harm to the untrained, immature soul.

HOWEVER ... go naturally, according to your abilities and skill, training yourself to achieve balance, with respect for the natural laws and safeguards that exist and with a humble and sincere desire for understanding and wisdom ... and use what is revealed to grow ... it's a fantastic journey, this life of ours!
63  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / seeing with eyes closed on: December 10, 2003, 00:20:37
Yes ... happens to me quite frequently at night when I lay down to go to sleep. Suddenly, I am very "clear" and my mind in slightly heightened in awareness and I can see clearly, but my eyes are closed. And the field of vision is very wide.
64  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / The mystery of existence, an interpretation on: December 09, 2003, 21:08:11
Forget the rock, already! Jeesh ... it's a metaphor, an illustration. So, the rock gets loaded ... getting loaded doesn't necessarily give one a sense of meaning, and it certainly doesn't imply conciousness! I got loaded quite frequently in my youth, yet was in a pitiful state spiritually and emotionally and I tended toward unconciousness! [Tongue]

My point is that merely existing does not give one a sense of purpose, meaning or fulfillment. Serving others in self-sacrifice by becoming a conduit of creative, live-giving love does. The "husk" of existance becomes alive and purposeful when conjoined to the creative impetus of love. The aleph in the beth, so to speak.

That's why, for example, the revelation to Moses in the Old Testiment has to do with BEING - existence - and why the New Testament - the message of Jesus' incarnation, life, death and resurrection is one of love. Thus, Being is fulfilled in self-sacrificing love.

(Of course, now I've introduced another springboard into digression by way of the bible, Jesus, Moses and Christianity! [Cheesy])
65  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / no bended knee on: December 09, 2003, 19:00:10
Personally, I think it needs to be a bit of both ...

One needs, after all, to take a little time, in the midst of the journey, for refreshment, nourishment, solace, communion, repentence, reverence and rest. Then, the trek resumes.

In fact, I recall, it was one night many long years ago, when I was on MY knees in prayer, that I discovered within a rather pitiful creature huddled in the dark corner of some deep interior cavern. Withered and cowering - kind of like Gollum in Lord of the Rings. At first, I recoiled in loathing, my initial impulse, the desire to banish this ugliness from my sight.

But, on my knees, the love of God in Christ Jesus, compelled me to reach within that darness and take within my palm that reviled Gollum-self and hold him close to my breast, loving him, healing him, weeping him into life.

Perhaps some of those who reviled you had not yet had the courage or grace to find that love within themselves. Why hold your animosity so tightly, like a prize won at the carnival?

Peace be with you on the way ...
66  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / JO WO! Anyone! MATH! AUGHGHGHGHH! on: December 09, 2003, 16:24:43
Whoops ... if taken together, then since w=0, the fist equation reduces to a spherical surface with radius 10.
67  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / JO WO! Anyone! MATH! AUGHGHGHGHH! on: December 09, 2003, 16:06:20
quote:
x^2 + y^2 + z^2 + w^2 = 100
w^999 = -z^999

My math's a bit fuzzy (fuzzy logic?) from years of neglect, but at first glance

1) a family of spheres with radii = sqrt(100 - w^2) where r is bounded openly by zero and closed at 10.

2) rewrite w^999 = -z^999 as w^999 + z^999 = 0, then w=z=0 is the only solutin => a single point at zero.

If you are asking to graph the two taken together, it would seem to define a solid ball with a radius of 10. [caveat ... I could be wrong ...]
68  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / The mystery of existence, an interpretation on: December 09, 2003, 14:47:22
A rock exists, but has no self-conciousness or emotional life. Mere existence is a rather hollow, impersonal shell.

When that shell of existence becomes a vessel for love, THEN we experience real LIFE and "become fruitful and multiply" ...
69  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / The Origins of Christianity on: December 06, 2003, 23:18:28
quote:
the word 'Religion' comes from the Roman (Latin) word 'Religio' which translates as 'something which binds'.

Not exactly. Religion comes from re-ligio from re-ligare. You seem to indicate it involves "bondage" in a negative sense.

The word means to "bind back"; contectually, to reestablish a "bond" between God and man, and between humans. It also derives from re-ligere, "to study carefully" or "pay close attention to", in the sense of moral and social issues, as opposed to "disregard."

So, in contrast to your view, religion attempts to re-establish a bond between God and man in a fellowship of union and communion. It is the responsibility of each individual to actually foster and cultivate this bond.
70  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Tarot Card number XIII? on: December 04, 2003, 14:01:28
You're 17 years old? It means you're going to graduate! Congratulations ... you've a whole new life ahead ... [Wink]
71  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Mystic vs Occultist on: December 04, 2003, 03:00:59
And, as Paul wrote to the church in Corinth ...

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge [occult knowledge], and if I have a faith that can move mountains [magic - occult knowlege put into practice], but have not love [union with the divine will], I am nothing."

[bracketed comments mine.]
72  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Mystic vs Occultist on: December 04, 2003, 02:53:47
I'll give it a feable effort ...

Mysticism is an encounter with the Divine. Occultism is the study of secret things, typically "esoterica" or "hidden wisdom." Mystical encounters usually lead to some understanding of hidden mysteries. So, the mystic winds up being an "occultist!" Studying the "occult science" on the other hand does not necessarily make for mystical encounter. One can learn various techniques of controlling forces without conciously encountering the divine.

I think the common view of occultism relates specifically to the practice of magic, especially of a personal or elemental nature, i.e., where the magician is the source of magical operation (personal magic) or is the instrument of elemental forces (sorcery).

This is in contrast to a third type of "magic," which could be termed divine magic, where the magician is the instrument of divine power. People typically would call this operation the "working of miracles" or "wonderworking." In this case, there is a free union of the human will with divine will and the subjugation of the dense to the subtle, i.e., matter under force, force under conciousness, and conciousness under superconciousness or divine will.

The first two types are, in my opinion, "ursurpatory," in that they are not guided by the divine, but rather are for personal gain and the will to power, or even worse, for manipulating and controlling others against their wills. These types of magic create astral entities of varying degrees of negativity, substance and strength, whereas divine magic creates positive entities or lends force to existing positive entities to carry out the Good.

By way of analogy, magic is very much like science ... the various principles involved and the knowledge of these principles can be manipulated for good or evil or anywhere in between, depending on the state and attitude of the practitioner. Without real mystical encounters that give birth to real knowlege, the "hidden wisdom" is bound to become degraded into the multitude of magical systems that exist to fulfill the will to power, such as was typified, in my opinion, by Alister Crowley and the OTO.

I know I digressed a little bit from your question, but I think it had a bearing on your underlying inquiry.

quote:

That night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, "Ask for whatever you want me to give you."

Solomon answered God, "You have shown great kindness to David my father and have made me king in his place. Now, LORD God, let your promise to my father David be confirmed, for you have made me king over a people who are as numerous as the dust of the earth. Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?"

God said to Solomon, "Since this is your heart's desire and you have not asked for wealth, riches or honor, nor for the death of your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king, therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, riches and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have."

73  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / How was God created? on: December 03, 2003, 16:15:22
quote:
by bomohwkl quoting "The Freedom of Choice":

Imagine The Beginning.
The Beginning of Everything.
There is NOTHING.
Absolutely Nothing - no space, no time, no perception, no
consciousness - nothing.
Can you imagine TRUE NOTHING?
I know that it is hard, but try...
Imagine theoretical, hypothetical, absolute NOTHING that had
to exist before anything else in The Beginning.
The Beginning of Everything.
Try to imagine NOTHING in your mind.
Now, how many absolute "Nothings" like that can exist?
If you say 2 or more - neither of them will be "nothing"
anymore - there will be 2 of "something" that you defined and
distinguished as 2 separate "things".
So, we have to conclude, that in The Beginning - there could
only be ONE NOTHING.
Singularity.

This makes me think of Aristotle's Law of Non-Contradiction ... By defining the beginning as this singular "nothing" you have actually created an internal contradiction - the "nothing" has been defined, "named" if you will, and thus is a "thing." One cannot truly imagine NOTHING, for in so doing, it becomes a thing, and object, a construct of the mind, defined in terms of that which it is not.

Which leads back to alphaomega's post (and username): God was not created, God simply IS, has been and will be - the beginning and end and beyond all conceptions, yet manifest in being. The unnameable, unimaginable, beyond time and space, without beginning or end. And yet ... God is manifest in the very fabric of our being, our minds, our souls, and in all of that which dances in time and space - Creation.

God ... simultaneously transcendent and immanent.
74  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / starship to escape destruction of mankind on: December 06, 2002, 21:17:10
Well ... I prefer to stay here and do what little I can in the space of time I have.

But ... please do send a post card!

The Schema Exists in All, and In the Schema, I Am
Pages: 1 2 [3]