The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 22, 2022, 19:59:40

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: can you lose fear of death? on: June 16, 2014, 23:30:33
Quote from: Astralzombie link =topic=44645.msg348599#msg348599 date=1402956221
It's easy to see that the common denominator is the belief system of the person who has died. This is why I think atheists seem to have some of the more depressing NDE's. They pass expecting nothing and when they realize that their physical body wasn't the end of existence, they tend to panic and this can bring about all sorts of crazy and scary stuff.

Naturally, some relish the new experience and don't report the hellish type scenarios.

cry I worry about my son, who is so amazingly able in slipping out of his body.  At first he was excited about it and we used to chat, but then his brainiac physics background prevailed and Richard Dawkins too.  Now he believes in nothing after death and finds the whole subject hard to talk about as he's actually frightened about dying now. 

2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: can you lose fear of death? on: June 16, 2014, 20:09:59
Catmeow said:
In terms of physical ailments, these obviously are not carried across, but people become so accustomed to their physical issues that they may well continue to unwittingly manifest them. However, the evidence from NDE studies is that this is a temporary condition, until an individual adjusts, and ends up looking and feeling "in their prime".

...and Lionheart said:
I believe there is a period of "deprogramming" needed after the transition. So, yes you would still be physical body focused or oriented. At least the majority of the populace would. But only until you have "processed" or been processed to what has or is actually occurring. Those that don't and remain "stuck" are the ones that, as Szaxx says get "special help" to.

I agree with all that.  I haven't read the books, but from what I've seen, that's right.  I've seen deceased people that 'think' they're living their lives out normally, but in fact they're in a kind of umm...holding pen until they sort themselves out/realise what's happened to them.  

Plasma said:
2. The above point would make sense too that since Bruce Moen has talked about how peoples earthly illnesses go with them into the afterlife. And if this is the case. Then why are you telling me something different? I know avid APers know who he is. He is a respected APer and author of multiple books.

Wellllll...look, I don't know much about books or authors (ok, I did read a Robert Bruce book Mastering Astral Thingy in 90 Days once, to be fair) but when I was in the dead folk area, where you can go on through a kind of gateway into the 'next bit', where there was no return for APers (well, I felt there'd be no return for me certainly!)...and in that area I didn't have a body, Earthly or otherwise.  I was like a suspended thought, so I can't see that Earthly physical problems would follow you at that point.

With mental illness, I would imagine that newly deceased folk would be held in the 'holding pen' or maybe that's the 'loop' that Lionheart has mentioned until they recovered themselves - or were retrieved (never heard of that before...interesting!) xx

Edit:  And this thread is being useful to me in sorting my head out a bit. Cheers original poster! x

3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: can you lose fear of death? on: June 14, 2014, 20:47:46
I've been thinking about this topic today.  

Are people getting caught up in the difference between dying and death?  It's not possible to guarantee that dying will be without pain or stress in varying degrees (god, sorry, talking about it so casually!) but I'm still not afraid of death itself, which is what the original poster was asking I think.  My reason for not being afraid of dying is because I've been where the dead go and it was a revelation to me, so I have AP to thank for that.  smiley

The thing that bothers me though is something that Plasma mentioned; what about if we get Alzheimers before we die?  What happens then?  Does our consciousness move out before we lose it completely?  That's something I don't know and bothers me somewhat.

4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Experiences leading to never AP'ing again on: June 12, 2014, 02:15:44
I think their decision is based on more of a subconscious level though. Something beyond their conscious control.

Right!  I used to ap a lot, and then had the absolute shizzle scared out of me so bad that I haven't properly projected now for five years.   undecided

I'm trying again now.  I've stopped alcohol (difficult!) and been making time for meditation in the last few weeks.  Not sure if ill be successful, cos my brain has probably unlearned projection now, due to fright, but I'm going to try. 

5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hello Astral Pulsers on: June 12, 2014, 01:24:42
 yo micael!  Watup yourself!   grin
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hello Astral Pulsers on: June 10, 2014, 03:51:27
Hi Szaxx and Xanth  smiley

I used the Search facility for some of my questions before I asked them and got some answers, cool!

Nice to meet you both. Xxx
7  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Hello Astral Pulsers on: June 09, 2014, 13:35:23
Hi.  I'm Maxie   cool

I'm out of the habit of aping. Used to do it from sp without trying.  Used to freak me out until folk on Astral Society straightened me out years ago. 

Been reading the forum and have a question or two.  Hope that's ok.  smiley
Pages: [1]