The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 15, 2021, 07:02:46

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / My eyes keep me from projecting! on: May 05, 2005, 16:48:56
Quote from: violeteye
How awful!   shocked  That's the first time I've heard of such a thing.   I've also never had vibrations.  I just pop on out or wake up in the astral.  I'm sure you can too.  Some say we only have vibrations and other sensations because we expect to have them.

Well, like I said, the vibrations and eye-rolling has been happening since I was 3, so I don't think it's because I expected to have them.  I hope it does cease eventually, but it hasn't for 25 years!

I will try affirmations, though, that's a good idea.  Thanks!
2  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Im hosting a Radio show on: May 05, 2005, 00:13:28
Jonathan Goldman isn't specifically astral, but he does all sorts of chakra meditations.  New-agey chanty stuff mostly, but it's kinda cool.  He does have an electronic dance CD out that supposedly stimulates chakras.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / My eyes keep me from projecting! on: May 04, 2005, 23:57:35
Ok, I've posted this question a long time ago, but never got a good response.  Please advise if you can!

I have no problems reaching the vibrational state.  What always snaps me back into my body is the sensation of my eyes rolling back into my head - sometimes it's pretty violent.  It happens every single time and jars me out of the meditative state.

I have no idea how to combat this.  It's like an automatic reflex.  This has been happening since I was about 3 years old Sad

Thoughts?
4  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Physical injury causing energetic blockage on: May 01, 2005, 14:50:40
Quote from: Tom
Now that you have reiki, try placing a hand on each side of the blocked area and letting the reiki flow for about ten or fifteen minutes at a time.

Thanks, Tom, I'll try that.

I do have some success with moving the energy in a circle over this spot.
5  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Physical injury causing energetic blockage on: May 01, 2005, 14:49:58
Quote from: coral1
Hi Naiad

I`ve got a couple of bad knees from old sports injuries and I get swelling from time to time. Ice and Ibuprophen seem to help me the most.I`ve never noticed any adverse energy effects. Here`s something to try.Next time you do energy work try raising your leg by putting some pillows under it. Gravity`s a wonderful thing!

Good Luck

Thanks Coral, I do occasionally do the pillow-under-the leg trick.  And it seems definitely related to the physical injury, since it's in the EXACT same spot each time.
6  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Physical injury causing energetic blockage on: April 30, 2005, 13:50:49
Ok, time to ask for a little assistance.

The area above my left knee is inflammed from time to time.  My doctor says it's not serious - just something like runner's knee.  But it's persistant.  He doesn't have a lot of suggestions to help with it, other than to do some strengthening exercises which I'm getting the equipment for this weekend.

I've noticed that I have an energetic blockage in the same place.  It takes a lot of work to get energy past that spot, even though the energy flows easily everywhere else in my body.  This is frustrating me because I've been making a lot of progress lately in developing my energy body.

I believe the physical injury is either causing or aggravating the energy blockage.

If anyone could send a bit of healing energy my way, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

kj
7  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Do your chakras spill? on: April 30, 2005, 13:45:49
Yes, it happens to me on good days.  I send energy to a chakra and it flows upwards to the next chakra without me doing anything.  That's a nice sensation but it doesn't happen all the time.

I don't spend much time on each chakra (a minute or two at most) unless I am doing a cleansing.
8  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Stabbing pains on: April 24, 2005, 14:15:58
Quote from: Andromache

What I do when things get bad is coat my feet with an essential oil like peppermint, sage, lavendar, rosemary, or sandalwood. I also shove certain stones in a pair of socks when I go to bed at night, specifically hematite, black tourmaline, or bloodstone. They contain Iron, ie, grounding stones. Violet has also suggested that I get my hands on slabs of selenite and have those cover my feet. I have gotten a piece of selenite to try yet, but as soon as my car is paid off, I will.

That wouldn't take care of something that had already entered your body, would it?
9  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Stabbing pains on: April 24, 2005, 07:01:49
Regarding a brief but severe stabbing pain in the foot:  today I read in Robert Bruce's psychic defense tutorials that stabbing pains in the feet can be a sign of a neg attack, because the feet are most vulnerable.

Are there any precautions I should take when this happens?  I'm not really worried.  Things look and feel fine, physically.  I feel fine, emotionally and mentally.  Life is going well.  Nothing is odd, just the memory of that really severe stabbing pain that's puzzling me.  I occasionally get these pains and always have.

Disclaimer:  yes, my doctor says I'm fine.
10  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / help with chakras on: April 22, 2005, 06:17:12
The exact same thing happened to me.  Weird, isn't it?

The pressure is a good sign that you have clairvoyant abilities, but they really won't develop until you get the rest of your energy body up to par.   This is one effect of opening your chakras.  When your energy body is properly stimulated and developed, it's much easier to astrally project, have lucid dreams and visions, notice unseen energies, etc.  

However, don't go about it blindly because you'll just give yourself headaches (I had a lot of those).  Check out the NEW tutorial on this site or, as Humbled suggested, Astral Dynamics.  This will give you a good foundation and a guided path to follow.

If the pressure becomes painful or uncomfortable, take a break from any sort of exercises.  I know it's hard when just thinking about it makes the pressure come back, but do your best.

One thing you can try is when you feel that pressure in your brow, try guiding it down to another chakra.  Don't try to "open" them or anything forceful, just see if you can use that energy to feel and take note of where your other chakras are.  This will help you become more aware of your energy body.

Good luck!
11  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Something is living in my shoulder. Please help. on: April 20, 2005, 05:25:51
If you're trying to conquer bothersome lustful feelings:

If it's plain ol' "I'm young and sex-crazed" well, not much can be done there.  It's natural hormones acting up and the best you can do is distract yourself until it passes.

If it's a subconscious gender power trip, meditate on the fact that we are all *human beings* instead of simply male or female.  That helps you stop looking at the other person as a mere sex object, and the thing that feeds off of that energy will starve.  

Good luck - I know how upsetting it can be!
12  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Today my last day on: April 16, 2005, 13:03:42
Did you know that the only way you can have a spiritual rebirth is to first have a spiritual death?

I can imagine how you feel, but this is also an opportunity to shed all the deadweight from your soul, and rebuild and refine.  So many of the emotions we feel stem from our over-inflated egos.  Perhaps this is an opportunity to look for the deeper self, whose sense of "feelings" are much different than what we're used to.
13  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Bliss on: April 11, 2005, 23:48:02
Yes, I have.  You just reminded me of how I was in high school and had this sudden, bizarre feeling that nearly everything in my life was contrived or false.  The things I said, wrote, did, owned, etc. were mostly not really reflecting the "real" me, but only my social image or what other people thought was right.

My mother was aghast when she saw the big pile of things in the middle of my room that I was throwing away because I'd deemed them "irrelevant."  Every so often I still run across things I've written with "irrelevant" scrawled or typed across them and I remember ...

In contrast to your experience, though, I was *angry.*  I let the anger overtake me without realizing it (anger at myself for "being so stupid").  I fell into judging myself, the people around me, etc.

There is a difference between examining your motives and determining if they are in keeping with your "Real self" and just being judgemental.  So be careful about that!

As for the drug, sure it could be related to the drug.  Certain drugs can open "the doors of perception" as they say (who said that, Aldous Huxley?  William Blake?  I forget) and there have been plenty of people who have experienced delayed emotional reactions due to drugs.

What Tom said about being attached to the experience is right on the mark.  Here is something I ran across recently that hit me like a slap in the face:

Realization is direct experience and insight
which can lead to liberation.
Realization is that which allows one to truly let go.
The result of that letting go is liberation.

We can have many, many spiritual realizations,
many spiritual experiences, many deep insights,
and still remain very attached to
the experience of realization.

In this sense, realizations themselves
can become forms of addiction.
Even deep and profound realizations and spiritual experiences
can be co-opted by the mind
and become mere objects of fascination.

~ Adyashanti
 The Impact of Awakening
14  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Is there anything like Astral Dynamics for Dreams? on: April 10, 2005, 13:46:21
Quote from: Dean
Check out www.consciousdreaming.com it has a downloadable book by Marc VanDeKeere.

Haha, Dean, I actually have that book and forgot about it!  You're right, it is an excellent book and I found it very useful.  I should give it a read again.  Thanks for the reminder.
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Detached? on: April 10, 2005, 13:43:05
I have no personal experience with it, but I seem to remember a section in astral dynamics about this.  The idea is that your physical body has fallen deeply asleep and you're locked out until it wakes up a bit.
16  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / What's the use of an elemental system? on: April 08, 2005, 19:52:36
[quote="Ater Corax"

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say....
[/quote]

Not at all.  After reading the replies, it seems to me that people like to use the elemental system because it's a useful way to organize your thinking and approach, and it has an established precedent in history.  As you mentioned, our world is composed of air, earth, fire, and water (or from a science perspective, solid matter, liquid, gas, and plasma) and so for many people it's easy to view the world and magic in terms of these elements.

Now why am I the freak who can't seem to get into it?  No idea.  But I don't mind - what I do works for me, and that is the important part Smiley
17  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / What's the use of an elemental system? on: April 08, 2005, 01:17:12
"Of course, anyone can do spellwork without any elemental involment, but a large number of magic-workers work with them."

Ater, that's the distinction I'm making.  I know how to use them, but I feel more comfortable NOT separating everything into categories of earth, air, fire, water, etc.  To me, it seems like a fragmentation of the whole.  However, I know that others do not see it this way, and I'm just curious about what they think and why they chose to work with an elemental system.
18  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Is there anything like Astral Dynamics for Dreams? on: April 05, 2005, 20:12:09
Quote from: Logic
The Dreaming Universe, by Dr. Fred Alan Wolfe. Its more of speculation than self exploration, but it is definately an enlightening read.

I enjoyed the Fred Alan Wolfe book I read, so I'll definitely check this out although I'm still hoping to find something with exercises and such like AD has.
19  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Is there anything like Astral Dynamics for Dreams? on: April 05, 2005, 00:51:17
Astral Dynamics was a life-changing book for me in terms of energy work and astral projection.

Is there anything comparable for dreams and lucid dreaming?  Something that's so comprehensive and useful?
20  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Problems with night-time healings on: April 02, 2005, 14:36:27
Tyciol, I appreciate you commenting but please don't assume that he doesn't already take care of his health or is demanding anything of me selfishly.  

I do it because I love him and don't like to see him in pain, not because he expects it of me.
21  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Problems with night-time healings on: March 29, 2005, 23:48:20
Quote from: userlain
Hi

Can't help but thinking... you say raising the energy... If he needs the energy channeled thru you, shouldn't it be like his body takes what it needs and that shouldn't really affect you that much as it seems to do. You're not pushing the energy here? trying to give him something where you really should not give at all, just be Smiley

see what I'm getting at? I'm only talking about Reiki, of course. I haven't got the slightest idea of the NEW  huh

I don't know much about Reiki yet - I'm taking a Reiki I class this summer, though!  If I'm "giving where I shouldn't" then I'm surprised, since his pains go away when I do the healing.    I ask if he feels better, and he either says yes (in which case I stop) or "it still hurts here" (in which case I continue)

How can I cycle that much energy through my own energy body and not stimulate my own chakras?  That's what NEW is all about.  Maybe there is a way I haven't discovered yet.
22  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Problems with night-time healings on: March 29, 2005, 20:56:17
Quote from: CaCoDeMoN

Your energy must be different than mine. As I said, I've done it enough times that I can pinpoint the difference. A little energy raising before bed doesn't bother me, but the heavy energy raising I need for healing is very disruptive.

Yes, but maybe you need energy raising after healing?

Oh, you mean for me personally, like to restore the energy I've used?  I don't tend to use much of my own energy - it's better to ground to the earth.  But it's a thought, although the idea of adding more energy makes me afraid that I'll be up for days :O
23  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Clearing a stubborn blockage? on: March 29, 2005, 16:52:08
Update:  I've had some success with becoming aware of my energy body and the blockage, and then putting my hand above the block and moving it in small circles.  The block isn't completely gone, but it's noticeably better after two sessions.  

I suppose it's like an energetic massage Wink
24  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Constant Shielding on: March 29, 2005, 16:50:01
Quote from: Tom
That means you still need to practice your shielding. You can't do it fast enough or effortlessly enough. When you can recognize the need to shield as easily as you know what coat to have on outside in winter, you've got it. For now, you are going out in weather that is below freezing and snowy and getting several miles before realizing it is cold out.

This is a good point, Tom.  The coat in winter is a good analogy.  I suppose it will just take more effort than I'm used to, since I'm not used to needing to do this.
25  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Problems with night-time healings on: March 29, 2005, 16:48:48
Quote from: CaCoDeMoN

For me problems with sleep are mostly caused by the lack of energy. If I use NEW to raise more of it, I sleep much better. I think that you should also try this.

Your energy must be different than mine.  As I said, I've done it enough times that I can pinpoint the difference.  A little energy raising before bed doesn't bother me, but the heavy energy raising I need for healing is very disruptive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16