The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 28, 2021, 06:13:37

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
101  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / AP Adventures outside the norm on: March 16, 2005, 23:07:18
Quote from: Tombo
Thanks for the insightful post Frank

There are two words a have a hard time understanding and I would be happy if you could help me out and explain them (again), because I think they are vital to understand.
I'm talking about objective vs. subjective
You use them quite often in your posts.
Thanks Tom

An objective world is a world that appears to exist separate from you. A subjective world however responds to your thoughts, feelings and beliefs.
102  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / AP Adventures outside the norm on: March 16, 2005, 22:54:57
Quote from: Andali27
she's standing up against the king of the AP forums

Now you're scaring me shocked .  He'll probably never help me with anything again!  

Andali

P.S. I really see no harm in expressing what I believe in.  I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes.  I mean, people thought the guy who said the world was round was a nutter.  Hearing all corners of the spectrum helps people develop their own views, and I greatly respect Frank's view, theories and the many other valuable things he offers this forum.

LOL, no I thought it was pretty cool actually. And I think Frank is mature enough to harbor no ill will. You just stated your beliefs... no biggie.  wink
103  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / AP Adventures outside the norm on: March 16, 2005, 21:00:58
Quote from: Telos
Wow, Andali. You make contradicting Frank look so easy. Smiley

LOL, yeah, she's standing up against the king of the AP forums.  Cheesy  Cool
104  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / "Haunted" Nintendo Entertainment System on Ebay on: March 15, 2005, 06:47:44
Don't quite know what to make of this story, but I thought I'd share nonetheless.  Smiley

(Item listed at http://ebay.com) as "Haunted Nintendo Entertainment System - Paranormal NES")

Here is the item description:

eBay Staff: This auction is not a 'joke' and is intended to be completely serious in nature, as far as my personal experiences are concerned.

I've been an eBay seller in the field of vintage games for close to a year.

I've exchanged hundreds of video game related items, new and used, and still do till this day, but I have never experienced anything like this or even remotely similar.

I don't feel threatened by this, supernatural or whatever it may be, but I do not feel exactly comfortable with it either.

Up for auction is what I would call a haunted, Vintage, Video Game System, The Nintendo NES.

I don't really like using the word 'haunted' when describing this, considering the first thing you would think about is something from a horror movie, but I really can't come up with another way to explain it.

There is a local thrift store here in Brooklyn, NYC, that I've been doing business with for some years now.

About a month and a half ago I made one of my visits to the shop and found this '80s Nintendo System.

When I purchased this Unit I asked the owner of the shop about who brought the System in, and what he actually told me was that a gentleman had donated it that same morning and said "It was just sitting in his attic", and according to him, it supposedly belonged to his son who passed away years ago.

At first I thought the guy was just joking with me like he usually does, so I really didn't think much about it at the time.

Unfortunately, that's all I know about the background of this system. I do not know any specifics about anything else as far as the previous owner is concerned.

I went back there about 2 weeks ago to try to find out more since what has been happening, but he doesn't know anything else.

But I do know something is not so right with this.

As far as technical functioning, the Nintendo System has its occasional 'blinking' screen if a game is dirty, like any other Nintendo System, but for the most part it functions pretty well.

However, that's not what I mean about something not being right with this...

I brought this System home, and on the first night of playing, about 10 minutes into the game, I began hearing sounds similar to human voices, mumbling to the background music of the television.

Naturally I thought it may have been static or something to that effect, or maybe it somehow interfered with a truck driver's CB Radio System, so I didn't pay much attention to it.

But it continued through-out the entire time I was playing, stop for a minute or two, then start again. It got to the point where I went really close to the TV, I paused the game to try to hear it a little better, but then it would get silent. When I would unpause it, there it would go again.

I know it sounded like there was a conversation going on but I couldn't make out any of the words.

I have my beliefs but I've never really been one into believing so much about Spirits and Crossover-Communication, but repeating the conversation I had with the guy in the shop wasn't helping at all. And until this day, I go back there and this man still sticks to the same exact story.

To my knowledge, there is no technical problem with any vintage Nintendo Gaming System that causes any of these 'symptoms'.

Since owning this System, I've experienced hearing sounds of mumbling and laughing in the background music of different games (all sounding Exactly the same and all on numerous occasions).

On 3 separate occasions I've had the game 'Pause' by itself, without having my finger anywhere near the 'Start' button of the controller, and the really suspicious thing about it was the fact the timing of the Pause always happened to be during an intense moment of a game, as if the intentions were made for me to lose.

I even tried different controllers, which I've sold on eBay, thinking it may have been some type of controller glitch with the originals... and yet still have the same exact things happen.

Every time I power this unit on is like getting ready for something new to happen.

And not only with me. I've invited close friends and family members over, and some but not all have witnessed something strange happen, like the one time the 'Arrow icon' on the Main Options screen of a game actually moved down to 2 Player Mode, all while the controller was out of my hand.

I've had some of my friends accuse me of purchasing this Unit from a Novelty store for the sake of pulling pranks, which I doubt even exists in the first place.

It has gotten to the point where my Fiance never lets me turn the System on when she's in the house and I have friends that refuse to even play a game with me.

Even my cat won't go anywhere near this System, unless she's 5 feet away and hesitating to sniff at it, and not only that, she's been running back and forth through the house in the middle of the night during the past few weeks, and that's something she's never done in the entire 8 years that I've owned her.

I sincerely believe there may be some form of strong connection or attachment between this system and its previous owner.

The reason I am listing this... to be honest it's starting to freak me out, as well as the people around me. I don't feel threatened, I just don't understand it and I'm not exactly comfortable with keeping this in my home.

So, at the request of friends and loved ones, I'll be going my separate ways with this system, regardless if it's an actual supernatural presence or everyone is just being paranoid. I'll be putting this unit up for 1 Penny without a reserve price, if you're the high bidder, the Unit and everything with it will be yours

It comes with its 2 original controllers, the original Zapper Gun, a copy of the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt game, along with its original AC-adaptor which came with black electric tape wrapped around it, but works without any problems, and a naki Rf-switch, which is everything needed to power-up and play.

Below are photos of the actual 'Haunted' System and accessories.

Go to the ebay for photos and additional seller comments.  

The System will come in the exact same condition from when I purchased it. There was some dust, but I cleaned that off. I have it already packaged and will ship the next day from receiving payment.

*** PLEASE NOTICE ***

Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee what you will or will not experience with the System. Obviously, if this is what myself, as well as others believe it to be, the supernatural is something completely beyond my control. Do not bid if you do not acknowledge and agree with this.

We welcome your questions and we will answer them to the best of our ability.
105  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Bridging the Chasm on: March 14, 2005, 21:42:01
I get the feeling Telos that you're so focused on "convergence" because you yourself are trapped between both worlds- the world of the skeptic and the world of the new ager.

Personally, I'm not fond of labels, so I don't like attaching myself to any one group or culture. There are some people for whom their race, for instance, is their entire world. Everything the do and think about is circled around their race. For others it may be their religion, or perhaps even their job or sexuality. I think we'll really achieve "convergence" when we no longer feel the need to attach ourselves to these very limiting labels. We can all take and learn from everything we experience around us, but why attach yourself so strongly? I, for instance, am not a religious person, but I do think very highly of Buddhism (perhaps the only religion I think fondly of). However, I'd never say that I am a Buddhist. No, there are just certain Buddhist principles that I agree with. But attaching myself to that, or any religion, I feel would cut me off from an even greater reality. In Zen, there is a saying that goes "kill the Buddha". You musk kill him even, because your attachment to his words can be the very thing that keeps you from enlightenment, even though those words are precisely to teach you how to achieve enlightenment. See what can happen? If the master points you in the direction you must go, you must go in that direction, and not grab on to the finger which he points with.

Anyway, the point is, as long as we attach ourselves to labels or groups or concepts, there will always be conflict. Attachment will always cause conflict, because you can only attach yourself to limited things- things that only represent a piece of the bigger picture.
106  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Focus on Third Eye - how? on: March 12, 2005, 21:14:58
That's interesting. I know what you mean by 3D blackness, I achieve this whenever I meditate. It may be that I have more blockages in other areas that are causing me to have difficulty in raising energy up the spine (in comparison with tapping into the third eye directly). Have you used NEW mostly to clear your blockages?

Yes, primarily full body circuits. It's also good to add to and modify techniques a bit so that they suit you better. Trial-and-error and having a creative imagination definitely helps as far as that goes.
107  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Piracy: ethics and morals on: March 11, 2005, 00:46:39
There is the question though as to weather you think it's wrong or not. And if you do think it's wrong, why do you feel that way? Is it because that's how you're supposed to feel? Or is it because certain people aren't getting paid as much as you think they should? or is it something else?

I think I'm beginning to realize how being aware of our self-conflicting value judgments play such a critical role in self-determination...

Please elaborate...
108  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / So.. What do you intend to do? on: March 10, 2005, 23:57:29
Quote from: Tyciol
Any knowledge one gets of Jesus comes from the bible or a person or church's interpretation of it.

Where else do you expect to get it?

I don't hate Jesus, I just hate the belief.

You still don't get the point. I give.

Just be happy, live long, and be fruitful and multiply.  wink
109  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Piracy: ethics and morals on: March 10, 2005, 23:23:58
I resisted this trend for a LONG time, I tell you. I think I've been doing it now for a little over a year. But honestly, like you say Telos, it's just so tempting. Most of the songs I've download are old though- 80's, early 90's... Don't have a huge collection overall. Only ever downloaded 3 full albums, and 1 recent game. I've got a fair collection of old 2d games though... haven't played much of anything in awhile however. Only downloaded a few mainstream movies... lots of "non-mainstream" stuff though.  Cheesy
110  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Focus on Third Eye - how? on: March 10, 2005, 19:46:13
Quote from: alexd

Nostic, in order to "fully" open the third eye would one just continue raising energy in that spot until it builds up to a critical point? Is that what you are working on?

Alex

Well, I started from the beginning. Meaning, I worked my way up from the base of my spine. There are times when I do try to raise energy directly to my 3rd eye, but for the most part I've just been working on raising the energy throughout my body, and on clearing the energy blockages along my spine. It seems that I'm at the final critical point (although I could be wrong), and only have to break through my 3rd eye in order to beyond the physical. Most recently, if I focus on that area, I can get a brief sense of what is commonly referred to as the "3d blackness"- that's when the blackness that you normally see when your eyes are closed gains depth, and feels like something that you can actually enter- kind of like a dark room. Everyday I move a [painful] millimeter closer to my goal. I really don't understand why it's so difficult  Smiley, but I am progressing steadily.
111  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Focus on Third Eye - how? on: March 10, 2005, 11:15:02
Quote from: TheAvatar
Well, I try to train focusing on my 3rd eye frequently, using the technique which involves "looking" at the 3rd eye with my physical eyes, but my eye muscles are aching due to the stress. What to do about it or ain't I doing it the right way?

I believe that if you keep raising your energy, through trial and error what you're supposed to do exactly will become more and more clear. That's what seems to work for me, although I still haven't fit all the pieces of the puzzle together yet.
112  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Focus on Third Eye - how? on: March 10, 2005, 11:11:07
Quote from: alexd
Have you fully opened your third eye Nostic?

Alex

No, but that's what I'm working on though. wink
113  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Focus on Third Eye - how? on: March 10, 2005, 01:19:08
It's connected to AP because you can project through your 3rd eye. I've done this before spontaneously- currently practicing to do it at will... and getting closer to accomplishing that. The 3rd eye can act like a vortex, sucking you out of your body. Also, to fully open your 3rd eye is the goal if you want to enter and merge with the divine light, thereby attaining Christ Consciousness...
114  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Focus on Third Eye - how? on: March 09, 2005, 19:16:59
It starts with using your physical eyes. For me though, I had to do a lot of energy raising before I felt anything from my 3rd eye, so be patient. You know you're getting somewhere when you can feel a constant pressure at the region, and feel almost hypnotized or disoriented whenever you focus on it. Also, I find that with AP in general, relaxation is extremely important. Even the slightest tension in any of your muscles will keep you attached to your body. So constantly scan yourself and make sure that there is no strain or tension anywhere.
115  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / So.. What do you intend to do? on: March 09, 2005, 09:01:54
Quote from: Ybom
Nostic, thanks for that tidbit, it hits on a level of almost 'common sense' ya know?

When did you come up with that theory?

Thanks. It all connects. It's based on personal contemplation as well as info from numerous books that I've read... non-religious books, that is  wink
116  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Are there any proofs about tk? on: March 09, 2005, 07:58:28
Well, usage and capacity are 2 same differences. They are similes if used properly. I think a good 'different' word is 'potential'.

Potential capacity was my point. wink
What that could be is anyones guess. The point I was making is that I believe science and spirituality are looking at the issue from different perspectives (surprising huh?), so they are bound to disagree. Of course it's all the same thing really, but when has that ever stopped people from arguing? It's just a play on words.

So we are at 10% of our potential latent abilities according to science

Science says something about our potential abilities? or is that a type-o?

Getting back to the car analogy though. Maybe an even simpler way to look at it is the following: imagine playing a game, or trying to perfect some skill. As a novice, you'll probably use the same tools as you'll use when you're an expert (weather it's your body or whatever). But what has changed? The raw material has stayed the same, and at every stage of your practice, you used everything you had... but you still improved.
117  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Are there any proofs about tk? on: March 09, 2005, 04:38:52
Quote from: patapouf
Example:

With the aid of instruments such as EEGs, magnetoencephalographs, PET scanners and functional MRI machines, researchers have succeeded in localizing a vast number of psychological functions to specific centers and systems in the brain.

I just need some things to clarify me in relation with the 10% ''brain usage''. There is a difference between ''potentiality'' and ''physical usage'' of the brain. They relate the myth to physical usage of the brain and it is not surprising that they find out that we use more than 10% of the brains physical mass.

Are they mixing two different hypotheses? As an analogy, lets take the motor of a car: you may go at 20 km/h and you use all the cylinders of your car but you have the possibility to go at 200 km/h also (which is the full potential of that particular car). You do not use only one cylinder because you go slower.... Maybe I'm mixing things up in a wrong way so if somebody can clarify this stuff, it will help a lot.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I believe that you've touched upon a significant point. I think science is talking about what is, and spiritual teachers are talking about what could be. In other words, you might say, right now we are using our capacity, but can't our capacity increase? I think there is a very basic misunderstanding here. Can we say that our current capacity is only 10% of what our ultimate capacity could be? Well I believe our capacity is unlimited, but I can see the point that's being made.
118  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Are there any proofs about tk? on: March 09, 2005, 04:18:29
Quote from: patapouf
Example:

With the aid of instruments such as EEGs, magnetoencephalographs, PET scanners and functional MRI machines, researchers have succeeded in localizing a vast number of psychological functions to specific centers and systems in the brain.

I just need some things to clarify me in relation with the 10% ''brain usage''. There is a difference between ''potentiality'' and ''physical usage'' of the brain. They relate the myth to physical usage of the brain and it is not surprising that they find out that we use more than 10% of the brains physical mass.

Are they mixing two different hypotheses? As an analogy, lets take the motor of a car: you may go at 20 km/h and you use all the cylinders of your car but you have the possibility to go at 200 km/h also (which is the full potential of that particular car). You do not use only one cylinder because you go slower.... Maybe I'm mixing things up in a wrong way so if somebody can clarify this stuff, it will help a lot.

Point blank, the answer is very unclear. Viewed scientifically, I guess you could say, based on what we know at this time through the usage of  modern technology, we do in fact use 100% of our brain. Science is always correcting itself however, because it's only based on limited information. When talking about such things, I'm more apt to believe the spiritualist, although I take nothing for granted, and don't necessarily believe that we only use 10% of the brain. All of this talk is so technical though. The bigger meaning of the 10% "myth" is that we have a potential that is far greater than what we might imagine. I think people innately know this (dare I say, on a subconscious level), and that's why the 10% story is so easy to believe.
119  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Are there any proofs about tk? on: March 09, 2005, 03:11:00
Psh, Nostic, if you want essential truth, the internet is the wrong place to look, and that includes this forum... but I assume you know that? Smiley

My father often tells me, "a myth is a story that is true," in the sense that the story is a fabrication but based on some kind of true essence, no matter how far removed from context. In that sense, the truth is that the statement, "we only use 10% of our brains" is a complete myth.

If you're interested, you should click on more than 2 of those links. Wink

Meh, good enough, I suppose.   Smiley
120  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Are there any proofs about tk? on: March 09, 2005, 01:02:12

Interesting... I do understand where you're coming from, in that so often people will just parrot information that they've heard just because it sounds good or whatever. However what you have provided me with (I looked at 2 of the links) are arguments, not the truth... but I assume you know that?

Perhaps I should have been more blunt with my previous response?
121  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / So.. What do you intend to do? on: March 09, 2005, 00:16:48
Quote from: Tyciol
Quote from: Nostic
Tyciol, you strike me as a rebel and a free thinker. Why is it then that you believe all of that nonsense that people have fed you?  huh
Please be more specific, what nonsense is it that I believe?

As for sex being a sin or not, isn't that where the whole concept of 'original sin' came from? I think it's a catholic concept, but they found something in there to interpret that sex was a sin... even if it was necessary in propogating the human species and he said be fruitful and multiply...

To eat of the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge is the Original Sin. And of course, it's not really a sin at all. The story of Adam and Eve is representative of our "fall" from divinity. In order to gain knowledge about life, you must first be separated from it. But so long as you are separated from life, you will be in "sin", because your actions are no longer in harmony with the fabric of life. This is why life is a struggle- because you perceive yourself as separate from it. Sex perpetuates the "sin" of earthly bondage, so I'm sure this is why it has historically been a source of condemnation. Although, I'm pretty certain that most people aren't even consciously aware of that.

I would find it hard to believe Tyciol if were to say to me that you've read or heard much about Jesus that was not from a religiously based source. I remember you once saying on these very boards that you hated Jesus. I can only imagine someone saying something like that if the only Jesus that they knew was one based on church teachings. But how trustworthy is the church to begin with? As far as I can see it has historically been a den of corruption, greed, and hatred.

There was a time when I didn't think much of Jesus either, although I can't say that I ever hated him. But the more I read about him from sources separate from religion, the more I saw him as someone that I can look up to.
122  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Are there any proofs about tk? on: March 08, 2005, 23:03:34
Quote from: Veccolo
Quote from: Smilodon29A
Humans use less than 10% of the brain.

That's not true.

Well, don't keep us in suspense... tell us the truth.
123  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / AP Adventures outside the norm on: March 08, 2005, 21:23:36
I don't think it's too uncommon to have vivid dreams or projections into video game or similar worlds. It just sucks when you can't control it. I mean, when you can't make it happen when you want, and you can't determine the length of the experience, or even the exact location you want to visit. Traveling to such worlds is definitely an interest of mine, but certainly not my main objective when it comes to going beyond the physical. I think the fantasy/video game world I'd most want to experience [while fully in control] would be Metroid. Zelda would be cool also, as well as a number of others.  Smiley
124  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Better to be blissfully unaware?? on: March 04, 2005, 22:09:20
As for the question at hand, you can only be blissfully ignorant but for so long. The child must grow-up sooner or later...
125  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Better to be blissfully unaware?? on: March 04, 2005, 22:05:10
I never really understood all the attention that is given to "negs". I've never even thought too much about them until I listened to Rob Bruce's interview on the Art Bell show. I'm a late-night person, so I was probably listening to the interview way past midnight. Man, did it scare the crap outa me  Cheesy . LOL, and what I was hoping to hear Rob talk about was AP techniques and/or more about his travels to other realms. Luckily for me it was a Saturday night/ Sunday morning, so by the time the interview was over there was gospel music playing on the radio. Cheesy Thank God for that because otherwise I don't know how I would have gone to sleep. I don't normally listen to gospel music btw.

Anywho, back to the negs... I don't really seem to have a problem with them. Yes, I have horror dreams now and then, but I LOVE horror dreams... well, I don't love them when I'm having them, but after I wake-up, I think of them as pretty cool experiences. But I just think of them as dreams- no big deal. Recently in my dreams, I notice that I can be very volatile and aggressive- which is the total opposite of how I am in real life. I'm thinking perhaps, the "real" me is a lot more bold than how I am in the day-to-day. Maybe this nature has kept "negs" at bay? I dunno...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12