The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 28, 2021, 06:57:19

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
76  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The sleeping masses... on: April 10, 2005, 21:59:40
I think a big reason why so many people are asleep is because it takes a hellova lot of work to get any practical benefits from this sort of thing (AP'ing, energy work etc). It's something that you REALLY have to want and work towards. Combine that with a world that is obsessed with the material, and very few individuals are going to make it out on the other side- at least at this point in time anyway. To get far with AP'ing and the like you're basically going against a huge wave of human consciousness. A noble battle I believe.
77  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / A little disorented in head after peojection. on: April 10, 2005, 08:57:17
It's because as your energy levels grow, you have to get a new sense of equilibrium. Your awareness is starting to move away from your physical body. You can raise your energy levels to the point where it feels like you're floating in water. This is your energy becoming less dense. Very recently, I've noticed that if I concentrate closely enough, I can see the world around me slightly move/ripple as if I was in a body of water. I believe that if I can merge with this "water", I will gain the freedom to move away from my body at will. I have found that breath is very important in this matter. It seems that in order to merge with this "water" (what you might also call the either), you need to still your physical breath. Knowing exactly how to do this comes with practice and experience. A major part of it however involves simply relaxing and letting go of your body. It can feel like you're suffocating actually, but eventually, you become more comfortable with the process.
78  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Qs for Frank on: April 09, 2005, 07:05:20
Science is a dead thing though. Isn't that what we've done to our world already? Or have been doing to our world? Turning everything into a scientific construct? I believe it's unlikely that we will forget about spirituality, because spirituality is about emotion. And without emotion, life is dead. Science will eat through everything in our universe and turn it into a dead equation.
And if it is true that science will leave spirituality in the dust, well then, we're bound to make the same mistakes that we have been for God knows how long now. Science is important, but it's only one side of the coin.
I can imagine a time in our future when we're so scientifically advanced that we're able to traverse the universe in the blink of an eye. And instead of just f'ing up our little old blue/green planet, we're f'ing things up on an intergalactic level. I don't see that as a bright future Smiley.  Spirituality, in its highest form, is about love. And yes, I know it's corny, but love is the only thing that gives anything meaning.
79  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Damn it, I'm getting nowhere! on: April 09, 2005, 05:05:35
Do you believe in God? Spirit guides? "Higher" powers/beings? Since I've started my practice about 15/16 months ago, I've had constant progress. Maybe it's because transcending the physical is a NEED for me. Anyway, the only thing that can really frustrate me is the pace of my progress. Whenever I'm getting uptight, I mentally ask God, or my guide, or anyone who can hear me to give me a helping hand. In those times I always seem to have mini revelations that help me to progress.
It's also good to be creative with your approach. Try to think of methods or techniques that are all your own. Or try combinations of other methods that suit your particular personality. Experiment. Play with your imagination. Read books from authors that you may not have considered before for different perspectives...
Hope that helps.
80  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Use of the Eyes on: April 08, 2005, 22:53:12
Eyes make me wary. There's more knowledge there than in any other part of the external physical body. So often in this world people put on a mask when they communicate with you. Because I'm so neurotic, I'm always wondering, what are people really thinking?
Eyes can also make me very squeamish, because they are so fragile, sensitive, and exposed.
81  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Pioneers in OBE on: April 08, 2005, 03:10:59
Quote from: Kazbadan
Lets suppose that in the future scientists prove that APs are real, obes are real, like many others paranormal stuff.

Its great to know that we (well, i am not the we...still learning AP) are pioneers of something that it is rejected but in the future (supposition) will be accepted. Just imagime that future.

People will look back and think: "How stupid i was..i could have learned AP  much earlier if i heard what that spooky friend [:me, you, etc]had to say".

my friends are always joking about me when i speak on ufos, or just sleep paralysys (they don even realise what AP means...never talked abot that...thats damns crazy to them). So, if in the future people prove that such paranormal things are real, theones being joked will be them.

Would be possible for that future to happen? Do you believe that will happen? When? 5 years from now? 10? 100? never?

Of course that we are just beaing the second generation of pioneers...the first ones were the anciente civlizations that used AP(egipcians, etc) and still being using it (xamanic people and lost tribes in Africa, etc).

You know, I was actually thinking along these lines not too long ago. I believe that when the world at large finally gets a clue, we'll be so far ahead of them, we will be their teachers. I believe that's inevitable actually.
82  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Religious Doctrine versus the true beliefs of its faithful on: April 07, 2005, 01:05:49
This test was hard for me. I don't think God and creation can be so easily defined and categorized. My beliefs are very open, so I was often at a loss as to how I should answer.
Having said that, I got 100% for Unitarian Universalism... interesting, never heard of that one before.
Roman Catholic was at the bottom with 25%. Cheesy
83  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Astral Pulse Island Weekend on: April 05, 2005, 19:21:57
Quote from: Selski
embarassed  embarassed  embarassed  embarassed

Bad choice of words...  embarassed  embarassed  embarassed

Sorry everyone - I honestly didn't mean it to come out like that...

embarassed  embarassed  embarassed

Sarah

LOL, seriously, you don't know how you've had me laughing for these past couple of minutes.
I was wondering, does she mean it like I'm interpreting it?
I'm like, I can't believe she said that! LOL
Too funny  Cheesy
84  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Astral Pulse Island Weekend on: April 05, 2005, 19:13:50
Quote from: Selski

Frank and MT - flattery will get you everywhere - I know that you both secretly want a ride in my speedboat!!  

Sarah

Oh wow, you're kinky!  Cheesy
85  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Don't try this meditation! on: April 03, 2005, 21:47:55
Holy smokes, when I make the "T-H-H-H" sound, I can see my computer screen ripple like a body of water. LOL, don't know how much that's worth, but it's a cool little novelty nonetheless.  Smiley
86  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Pope to be cured by mystics on: April 02, 2005, 22:06:13
It was just the Pope's time to go. God was calling him. Or was it the guy downstairs that was calling him? Anyway, somebody was calling him. Smiley

Actually, I think the Pope in his decrepit state was a perfect physical representation of the catholic church. Now it will be interesting to see if the death of the church will follow suit.
87  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Afterthought: 2012 on: April 01, 2005, 19:28:09
You know, all you can do is change yourself, and do what you can do to improve the situation. Seems to me that the cynics want to stay cynical, and the "believers" want to stay "believers". How much is anyone convincing anyone else to change their minds?
But besides that, I think it would be difficult for anyone to deny that the world is a complete and utter mess. The only question really then is, are you going to help make it better? Yes or no? And if yes, how?
88  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Opening Chakras, painful ? on: April 01, 2005, 00:02:35
Based on my experience, pain is usually the result of too much tension in your body. As you lose that tension (blockages), you'll be able to tolerate greater surges of energy.
89  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Why wont spirits tell anything useful ? on: March 25, 2005, 19:22:20
Quote from: Psan

Nostic: You have some good points. Its hard for me to believe that all the useful things that a spirit or a guide would tell us will be an obstacle to our growth.

Yes, I agree, not all.
90  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Why wont spirits tell anything useful ? on: March 25, 2005, 04:33:50
You know, as I grow and learn more, I really get the sense that the answers we're looking for are far simpler than we may think. I think it's the typical human mind that complicates and distorts things.
There are levels of understanding. For instance, understanding something logically just touches the surface of knowledge. As you grow and gain more experience, you can often look back on concepts that you once thought you understood with greater clarity. I mean, you really did understand them at the time, but your depth of understanding, you realize was at the bare minimum.
I think it's all a matter of the depth of your understanding. Words and logic offer such little depth.

Beyond that, I think it's our job to figure our way through this world. I get the sense that if guides are helping us, it's their responsibility to do so in a covert way, so that we learn our lessons for ourselves. Otherwise, they'll be infringing on our growth.
91  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / opening 3rd eye? on: March 24, 2005, 03:34:34
It takes a hellova lot o' work to open your 3rd eye. There might be some methods out there that promise fast results, but you're not going to gain much in a short time.
Um, it depends on what you want out of it. Some people are happy to see swirling colors or auras or maybe even the odd entity here and there.
Others want the white light experience. The latter takes much effort.
What I've done personally is just move energy along my spine, clearing blockages. Over time the energy becomes more concentrated. As you build energy starting from the base of your spine, eventually you'll feel a point in the middle of your head starting to give way. I'll be honest, it can be a bit painful, but for me it's never been an overwhelming pain. As your 3rd eye really starts to open, I don't know, it's kind of hard to describe... it's kind of like squeezing into a tiny hole... it's like being sucked into a vortex... I've spontaneously projected this way a few times in the past... currently working on doing it at will.

One last thing that is very important to remember, is to relax all of the muscles and tension in your body. That tension is what keeps you trapped.
92  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / thinking about tossing in the towel on: March 24, 2005, 03:08:20
LOL, I think about giving-up almost every other day. But I just keep chuggin' away like a machine. I don't know, I guess it just depends on how important it is for you in your life. If it's something that you HAVE to experience, forget about a break for more than a day or 2. If it's just something that you think might be fun, well then, I guess you can stop and come back to it whenever.
93  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / questions on death, suicide, and origin of life... on: March 21, 2005, 21:14:22
Quote from: Telos
Why is it so hard to believe that such places exist?

It isn't. It's actually very easy to believe they exist. That's the problem, because they are created from this belief.

Why is it so difficult to believe we create our realities?

And what makes you think I have little experience? Because I haven't written a book or chaired a weekend retreat? Or because I'm 21? You know better than that, Nostic.

But just because I have extensive experience does not give me authority over your experience - unless that's your choice.

Quote from: Galileo Galilei
In questions of science the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual.

Besides, you can have all the experience in the world and interpret it badly.

I respect Robert Bruce and am privileged to be a member of this forum, but the only authority he has is the authority you give him. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, because that's your decision, so please do not take offense. But I felt the need to interject, because I think appeals to authority[/url] are particularly ignominious in these matters. And it can be slovenly erratic in a culture that denies the intellect.[/url]

Just trying to help. Wink

And, yes, I know I just appealed to authority with my Galileo quote, but since his statement works towards the opposite, and since you seem to be fond of authority, I thought it would help.

Telos, you really do make things so difficult. All I wanted to say was keep an open mind.
94  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Sucide of a "Spiritual" Prodigy on: March 21, 2005, 21:07:51
Quote from: beavis
Its not about if I smoke weed or not. Its about finding the most efficient path to your goals.

Of all the types of chemicals in my brain, with their normal amounts, there are trillions of combinations of amounts that are only a little different, and the one that evolved to run from tigers and live in caves... is not the best amounts of chemicals for the things we do today.

Weed acts like a chemical already in brains. Smoking it increases that amount for a few hours.

You, who are not willing to experiment with a sub-optimal system, are on the lower level. Worship Evolution, creator of perfection.

LOL, then keep smokin' your weed bro. If that's the level u want to stay at, it's up to you.

[edit: I know what you meant beavis, I just don't take it seriously]
95  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Sucide of a "Spiritual" Prodigy on: March 21, 2005, 20:47:05
Quote from: beavis
But aren't there ways of giving-up material existence other that blowing your head off? One might say, for instance, that the dedicated yogi's highest goal is to kill himself, but not through rash decisions or impulsiveness.

If I wanted to smoke weed, I wouldnt protest, write letters to politicians, and wait for it to become legal. That rarely works and takes too long when it does. I'd just ask a friend to find me some and be smoking it in a few days.

You think he should have obeyed the rules, which would have taken decades or he might have died of natural causes first, but instead he did it efficiently.

LOL, then keep smokin' your weed bro. If that's the level u want to stay at, it's up to you.
96  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Sucide of a "Spiritual" Prodigy on: March 21, 2005, 20:32:15
...what is spiritual about blowing your brains out?

Giving up material existence?

Spirituality is so suspect to this kind of shrewd satire. The only thing you can say is that "oh, well, people usually kill themselves because they're depressed and that depression will carry over blah blah blah blah blah blah."

Maybe people kill themselves because they are pure beings who genuinely despise material existence? I fail to see why this blows over so many people's heads.

Hmm, pun intended!

I agree that his spirituality may well have caused his death- he may have been desperate to leave the physical world.
But aren't there ways of giving-up material existence other that blowing your head off? One might say, for instance, that the dedicated yogi's highest goal is to kill himself, but not through rash decisions or impulsiveness.

I tend to think that people who kill themselves because of their spirituality are people who were on the brink of a major break-through. When you're [really] desperate to leave the physical world because you NEED to experience something greater, you are faced with only 2 choices- 1- kill yourself physically, or 2- seek the path towards enlightenment.
This guy, IMO did not choose wisely. No judgments though, because if in fact he was feeling desperate, God knows that I can relate.
97  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / questions on death, suicide, and origin of life... on: March 21, 2005, 20:19:01
redcatherine,

if we can forgive something God can certainly forgive it easier than us.

I'll have to add that to my scroll of my wise sayings. Thank you.

But stuff like this...

after seeing so many souls in that realm i would have to say it is not an easy one for redemption .They feed upon each other there . Their energy is sad anxious desperate and fearful so when you are there you do not think about God or forgiveness or family on Earth . To rise above the contagious emotions in that realm must be truly difficult.

... is similar to "demon talk," spreading the contemptible rumor that there are negs prowling around looking for people to infect. If you believe negs exist, then you create them. Similarly, if you believe there exist realms where dead people feed off of each other in a hellish inferno, then you will create those places as well.

So I mean no offense when I say I think you made those places up, and your description is misleading. This seems to be your core message anyways - that we create our own realities.

I've read lots of stuff about similar places. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss things you have little experience with. Why is it so hard to believe that such places exist? Entities can create their own hell, right? So why not a mass-consciousness hell? Why is that such a stretch?
And as for "negs", Rob Bruce talks and writes extensively about them, and he's got way more experience than we do. Although, I do think sometimes the emphasis on negs gets a little too overblown.
98  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Does astral projection feel "real?" on: March 21, 2005, 07:23:00
Quote from: Logic
The few times I have gotten out of my body for a moment, I felt at the time that the experience was far more real than waking life, though when I wake up I'm always skeptical. Im not really sure what I think.

You know, it's funny how when you have OBE's, they seem so real. But after you've spent a bit of time in the "real world", they take on a more dream-like, vague reality. I think the major problem here is not being able to recreate the experience at will- something that I'm actively trying to rectify.
99  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / How do you define a spritually evolved Being? on: March 17, 2005, 19:51:23
For me, spiritually evolved = transcendence of suffering through wisdom. I use the words "through wisdom" at the end because, great ignorance can be the reason that you are a Buddha. This type of Buddha-hood is bound to be temporary however because it has been built on a shaky foundation.

I think it would be natural for a person who reached true Buddha-hood to be a benefit to society- just his presence would be a benefit. But I believe that your spiritual intentions must first be selfish. If you are caught in the web of delusion called Maya, of how much benefit can you really be to people- it's like the blind leading the blind, going around in circles. So first, you reach your destination, then you can make a map for people to follow- this is the most efficient method.
While being a necessary part of your evolution, society, in general, will hinder your spiritual progress because of its materialistic focus- this is why it's typical for those who intend to reach great spiritual heights to largely cut themselves off from society for a time.
100  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / AP Adventures outside the norm on: March 17, 2005, 09:06:25
Quote from: Nostic
Quote from: Tombo
Thanks for the insightful post Frank

There are two words a have a hard time understanding and I would be happy if you could help me out and explain them (again), because I think they are vital to understand.
I'm talking about objective vs. subjective
You use them quite often in your posts.
Thanks Tom

An objective world is a world that appears to exist separate from you. A subjective world however responds to your thoughts, feelings and beliefs.

... just to be even more clear:

Objective- independent of your personal beliefs or feelings.
Subjective- dependent upon your personal beliefs or feelings.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12