The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 27, 2022, 06:37:28

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Tip for attempting meditation/projection in noisy atmosphere... on: April 03, 2014, 11:51:15
I read some advise on meditation a few years ago, whereas the guy states that you have to be like a "chunk of Swiss Cheese" and let the sound flow through you.

I love this, Lionheart ! It's a great metaphor.

I will definitely bear this in mind if I find myself in a noisy environment.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: do you acculy leave the body? on: February 12, 2014, 12:12:17
Ok... so I have never been to Jamaica. But I have seen Jamaica in film footage. I have experienced Jamaica in a limited sense without having to leave the country (in this analogy, replace "country" with "body" to get the full meaning). The experience of Jamaica for me was fully in my head. What do I mean by this? Well, I have not communed with Jamaica in the fullest sense in actually being present there, but my film footage was data that my brain was able to interpret as images of a place called Jamaica. So too I have come to understand projection. Time and space are not constraints, and more importantly they are definitely not constraints of non-physical reality. You are suggesting that I need to leave my body to actually see Jamaica, because you are thinking of it in terms of physical travel. There is no travel, there is only being there, or not being there. Leaving your body to me is a phrase that doesn't compute, because there is nowhere to go, when there is no such thing as space or distance.

There are what we call "real time zone" experiences, where it seems like we are viewing a facsimile of the objective physical world. I think this is why such experiences are partly accurate, and partly not- because we are trying to have an experience that is similar to our waking lives in the physical world, but that is not what things are at their core. Such experiences are heavily constructed around what our expectations are, so while we may be reading some "objective" outside data to represent the spaces to ourselves, we can't separate that data from what we expect the place to be like.

For example, say I visited a fishing village in Jamaica in my projection. I don't expect there would be a ghostly spirit body traveling around that village that others could pick up... I see it more like remote viewing... I read the data from great distance. Which is not to say you couldn't meet others in non-physical situations, but I don't think such meetings are taking place because two ghosts met, I think it happens because you both had the same resonant intention.

This all makes sense to me because I conceive the world as a sort of platonic simulation. There are no apples or chairs or oak trees- what I think there is, is a sort of metaphysical computer simulation of a reality with apples and chairs in it. But that reality is only interfaced with through sense data. The apple doesn't really exist, your perceptions of the apple are what exist. This is why I am speaking of data. It is like I am interacting with the program of reality, but because I am not doing it through the normal channels (my earthly senses), my brain is the one given the task of constructing representations of that data, which is in itself independent of those representations.

Thank you, Stillwater.

This is a new perspective for me and it's certainly given me something to think about.

Thank you for sharing.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: do you acculy leave the body? on: February 10, 2014, 15:51:11
For what it's worth, my two cents:

I think it is all in our head, and we don't leave our bodies. I think everything in the projection environment is a product of our brain interpreting a metaphysical reality with the equipment it has to work with. If we see a postman, or Sean Connery, or the devil, I think it is our brain taking raw data and converting it into a form that is symbolically meaningful to us. You can go to places you have never been, and see them somewhat accurately sometimes, but you will find that your mind fills in a lot of the blanks, and it is hard to sort out what you yourself authored from what has "objective" existence outside yourself- at least it has been for me.

That's really interesting, Stillwater.

FWIW, my two cents is that we do actually leave our physical bodies, but you've given another perspective that provides a  lot to think about.

JUst one thing - you said "You can go to places you have never been, and see them somewhat accurately sometimes". How can that happen without us leaving our bodies ?
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Kasina Light and Sound Machine on: February 10, 2014, 15:40:10
Hi Phaedrus,
I'm really surprised you came to that conclusion  shocked Let me set the record straight.

Wow, Scott. What a hostile response !  evil

All I was doing was giving my opinion about the Kasina.

I didnít expect a MindPlace salesman to jump down my throat and say he has to ďset the record straightĒ.

I havenít set the record Ďcrookedí. Iím sorry if my opinion wasnít what you wanted to hear.

I know about MindPlace, but thank you for the lecture. I had an Orion many years ago and recently used a friendís Procyon, which I thought was very good. Unfortunately, the Kasina just doesnít measure up, though Iím sure itís good for musicians.

BTW, I have read your forums and thatís where I got the impression that itís been developed mostly as an entertainment machine.

I did not invade this Laxman thread to push product, just in case anyone was wondering.

Well, it certainly sounds like you did!

Iím sorry that my comments about the Kasina have dampened your sales pitch.

5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Laxman Light and Sound Machine on: February 10, 2014, 15:19:07

Phaedrus, thanks for the tips. Have you tried any of the new "Trance" session downloads from Neurotronics.eu yet?

No, I haven't Lionheart. In fact I didn't even know they had extra sessions.

I've just checked their website and some of them look tempting, though they seem a little expensive.

Please let me know if you try any of them and what you think of them
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Laxman Light and Sound Machine on: February 07, 2014, 13:49:05
Phaedrus, I keep my eyes open, I keep the light down to a comfortable level and have a minimal of flicker, but after 10 or so minutes I feel an overwhelming urge to close my eyes as I become deeply relaxed, doing this seems to let me go deeper.

OK. Thanks Manuel. It sounds like you've found the best way of using the Laxman that works for you.

The next time I use my Laxman,I will try keeping my eyes open and see how it works for me.

It's always good to hear of other people's experiences. Thank you for sharing.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Success!! on: February 07, 2014, 11:15:52
Hey NF91, that's great !

Well done and congratulations.

Now you've done it once and you know that you can do it, just keep practicing and you'll find that it will happen more and more often, and become easier to do.
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Laxman Light and Sound Machine on: February 07, 2014, 11:01:24
Iíve got a Laxman and another light and sound machine called an InnerPulse DeLuxe.
Iíve found them both very helpful for all sorts of psychic work, including, of course, astral projection.
Manuel Ė are you keeping your eyes open when you use your Laxman ? If so, I think most people would find that uncomfortable on their eyes. I know they say you can keep your eyes open, but I always have mine closed and I find that really effective.
Also, a big misunderstanding with light and sound machines is that they are more effective if you have the lights set bright. This isnít correct and the important thing is to have the lights at the level thatís comfortable for your eyes without straining.
Iíve tried a Kasina and, like Lionheart, IĎve returned it. I got the feeling that itís more of an Ďentertainmentí machines and  been designed by people who are really interested in music and wanted a light show to accompany the audios.
The InnerPulse DeLuxe is actually my favourite light and sound machine for trance work, itís got some great deep-meditation sessions built into it.
By the way, I live in the UK and like Indigowings, I bought my machines from www.meditationsuk.com . Also like Indigowings I found them helpful and friendly, and they seem to know what theyíre talking about.
Just going back to the Laxman, Iíve always found the goggles to be really comfortable. I guess weíre all different. I donít think much of the supplied ear-phones though and use my own over-the-ears headphones (actually I use the headphones that came with the InnerPulse DeLuxe, theyíre brilliant).
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What's the secret To Astral Projection? on: January 30, 2014, 16:47:55
@ Pheadrus
I'm interested in your viewpoint on the requirement of developing skills and protection.
I always found the mindset you possess to be the ultimate dictator of the experience.

I'm sure you're right about 'mindset' being the ultimate dictator of the experience.

And I guess there are different ways of developing the right mindset if you haven't already got it.

For me, developing core psychic skills (such as grounding for example) is a good way of cultivating the right mindset.

Of course, there are other ways that are equally valid and different people may find other methods to be more appropriate for them.

I possess no fear whatsoever and this may project itself into those entities who look for weaker minded targets...

This goes hand-in-hand with the right mindset - having no fear is a great mindset to have !

Most people are not fearless, and again developing core psychic skills can help to build confidence and overcome fear.

Anyone in the physical carrying an ak47 for protection has some severe mental problems

That's absolutely true. But you don't have to necessarily carry an ak47 to protect yourself. Having an in-built sense of confidence and stillness (not sure I'm using the exact right words here, but hopefully you get what I mean) can also be a great source of protection. Again, I guess this relates to what you called  'mindset'.

I can give you an example from the physical worldl.

I have two friends who both exude self-confidence and stillness. One developed this demeanour by practicing martial arts, and the other by practicing meditation. I've seen both of these people in scary situations - but no one ever threatens or picks on them. Their demeanour (mindset) can be sensed by other people and keeps them safe.

I think that pretty much the same thing applies in other dimensions as well.

I hope this helps to explain my viewpoint, Szaxx.

10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What's the secret To Astral Projection? on: January 27, 2014, 11:23:42
I would have agreed with you 10 or so years ago... but now not so much.
What I mean is that most people BELIEVE it's an "advanced" thing to do spiritually... but it really isn't.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about this.

I still maintain that astral projection is an advanced technique and shouldn't be attempted before building core psychic skills.

And you're right when you say that "you don't ever need to do anything in regards to energy, chakras, or know anything about psychic protection in order to project
In fact, many people project just fine (myself included) without ever having bothered with any of those things".

BUT, you only have to read these boards to see that :
(1) many people do have problems projecting, and
(2) many people have had unpleasant experiences projecting.

Anyways, it never does any harm to present people with different views and, of course, they're then free to decide for themselves whether to invest some time building the foundations, or to just go for it.

As always, we're all different and what works best for one person may be different for another person.

BTW, I definitely agree with you about the need for practicing meditation as the absolute basis behind conscious projection. Being able to focus the mind is a key skill to develop.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What's the secret To Astral Projection? on: January 24, 2014, 12:08:48
IMHO, I think where many people go wrong with astral projection is that they don't invest the time in developing basic psychic skills first.

Astral travelling is actually an advanced technique and you have to build strong psychic foundations first in order to perform it effectively - and safely ! These include knowing how to ground yourself, energising your chakras, knowing about psychic protection, and so on.

Without taking the time to practice and develop these basic psychic skills first, most people will either not be able to astral project, or they will have unpleasant experiences when they do.
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: i carnt get past the slowness in meditation on: January 24, 2014, 11:54:36
I do want to point out one other factor...
Having no preconceived notions is a great start though, but that also includes the quality of meditation too.
If you focus too much on "quality" of meditation, you risk falling into the trap of questioning your experience too much, which is very counterproductive.

That's absoultely right, Xanth. And thank you for pointing it out.

Many people make the mistake of becoming anxious about their meditation practice. They worry about whether they're doing it right, whether they're using the right technique, what they should be feeling, whether they're going deep enough, and so on.

And, as you say, this is very counterproductive.

The trick is to go with the flow and let your intuition guide you.

13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: i carnt get past the slowness in meditation on: January 24, 2014, 11:20:06
mostly just relaxation then projection.

That's fine, astralee. A meditation session of 20 - 40 minutes will give you plenty of time to deeply relax and to perform astral projection.

My advice would be to try meditating for about 20 minutes for the next week, preferably two weeks.

After that, if you want, you can increase the duration slowly by just a few minutes at a time. This will enable you to  find a duration that feels right for you.

Remember that this can change over time and that you might find that you go through periods where different durations feel more comfortable.

There is no right or wrong. The important thing is to go with what feels comfortable for you.

As I said before, let your intuition guide you.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: i carnt get past the slowness in meditation on: January 22, 2014, 22:02:08
Hi Astralee.

One hour is a long time to spend in meditation for most people.

Even many experienced meditators would find one hour too long.

Everyone's different, and different people will find different meditation durations to be the most comfortable for them.

As a guide, most people find between 20 to 40 minutes is best for them.

It's best not too have any preconceived ideas about how long you should meditate - just let your intuition guide you.

Also, remember, it's not necessarily how long you meditate that's important, but rather the quality of your meditation.

Finally, may I ask why you want to meditate for longer than one hour ?

Best wishes,

Phaedrus
15  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Hi Guys on: January 21, 2014, 17:12:54
I'm very pleased to have come across this great forum and to be a part of a community of like-minded people.

I'm based (physically   grin ) in London, UK.

I've been meditating  since I got interested in yoga when I was ten years old. I think yoga helped to open my psychic channels and I've had lots of out of body experiences as well as other paranormal happenings.

It looks likes there's a lot to read here and some great discussions to be part of. I'm looking forward to joining in.

Phaedrus

Pages: [1]