The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 08, 2021, 11:47:23

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41
176  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I Can Induce Vibrations, But Then What? on: June 20, 2017, 18:52:33
I honestly don't think you have to learn anything, more so you just need to allow whatever is going to happen to happen and don't judge it.
Wow I didn't think I made that much progress already. Thanks it's encouraging, I'll just have to keep practicing.  smiley

Any other thoughts from other members?
177  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I Can Induce Vibrations, But Then What? on: June 20, 2017, 17:44:14
It's gotten to where I can induce vibrations while trying to astral project. I get twitching in my eyes, the vibrations go all over my body, I feel myself expand a little, sometimes I get hypnagogic images. It's all very stimulating but I've never consciously astral projected from there. I can even induce vibrations while meditating awake with eye's open. LOL I am guessing I just need to keep practicing and eventually learn to move beyond the vibrations and actually separate by moving inward more. But I want you's thoughts on this one. Any advice how I can kick this up a notch? Thanks!
178  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New Moderators! Welcome to ThaomasOfGrey and Nameless! on: June 20, 2017, 14:45:18
*PHEW*
You had me worried for a second there.  Wink
If I learn to astral project good, that might change.  cool  wink
179  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New Moderators! Welcome to ThaomasOfGrey and Nameless! on: June 20, 2017, 03:20:27
Oh congratulations, you's probably need it for the influx of people I'm sending over here. LOL Inside joke with Xanth. Funny I noticed that I have more posts here than 5 of the moderators. LOL I don't want to be a moderator here anyway.
180  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 20, 2017, 03:00:19
Do you mean to say you have been here as a member since 2010 and have never had a conscious OBE? ... or are you are amassing this info for a friend?

I ask that in sincerity because if you couldn't do it in the past, you need to find out what your "self-imposed block" is before you can do it now. It is likely something pretty strong and dear to you because it has stifled your success for years, it seems.  undecided

This will come through some personal "soul searching". You need to jump every hurdle that has been put in your way, before you will find success with any technique out there.
Yes I've never consciously had an OBE, but I have had a few spontaneously created short OBEs. Back in the day I couldn't astral project because I was a really bad health. Then I got better, and I was in college so I didn't feel like I had time to seriously pursue it. Now that I am on break from College I'm getting back into it. But I don't think I have a serious block from it, mainly because I haven't really tried enough. I appreciate your concern though.  smiley
181  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 20, 2017, 02:48:34
The best book I read as a beginner was William Buhlman's "Adventures Beyond the Body". The week I finished it i had my first astral projection. Later, Frank Kepple's posts on this site were eye opening and thought provoking. His journey of discovery in this field is remarkable, and followed a similar path as Robert Monroe's. These days I would recommend directly a self-hypnosis path. Kepple, Monroe, Moen, and others, without saying it, maybe without realizing it, ended up projecting using self-hypnosis routines (in my opinion).
That's an interesting thought, yeah I want to work with some affirmation. My goal is do everything possible to increase my chances.  grin

Though I've not said much about it I will now. I never understood the hoopla over learning or training yourself to ignore your body or the physical. After all we ARE here in this physical and that's all perfectly normal. In your situation (which I have been) I simply suggest acknowledging the tension in your foot while still focusing on what you wish.
Thanks OK well it seems that I can still astral project regardless of my foot, so this is good news.  smiley
182  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 19, 2017, 15:31:59
All of his work.  The man is *ONLY* out to make a buck, which as I said isn't necessarily a bad thing... but he spreads fear. 
I would *NEVER* suggest any author who fear-mongers.
OK so what would you recommend for a comprehensive guide on how to astral project? Thanks.
183  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 19, 2017, 00:28:30
You could also waste a lot of time and effort if you're putting much stock in Robert Bruce...  just sayin...

He's a hack only out to make a buck, which isn't an entirely bad thing... he's just bad... he's nothing but a fear-mongerer. 
I'd highly advise anyone to stay far away from him.

And before anyone asks... yes, he has SOME good points... but the bible also has some "good points" too, but I still would never suggest you read it.
Let's just say that the bad faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar outweighs any good you'll get from that man.
Wow that is a really negative review from someone that has a lot of books on astral projection. But thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Let me guess is the reason you don't like him is because of his book called. "The Practical Psychic Self-Defense Handbook: A Survival Guide?"
184  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 19, 2017, 00:23:16
In my opinion, Bruce exaggerates in those quotes, and his whole energy work is both a waste of time, from astral projection point of view, and counterproductive.

To project, you need to put your physical body to sleep while keeping your mind wake. Your physical body relaxation is only for your mind to forget about your physical body. Paying too much attention to your physical relaxation defeats the purpose.

My short answer to your question: if you can sleep with tension in your foot, you can astral project with tension in your foot.

Different authors come with different methods of astral projection, trying to describe what worked for them, trying to make sense of why that happens, but ultimately all can be distilled to: putting yourself in a light trance in order to dissociate your mind from your physical body.
OK you seem to agree with Lumanza. OK thanks for your input baro-san.
185  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 19, 2017, 00:20:27
If you believe it will be a hindrance, it shall be. You need to find a way to get your focus completely away from it. I had to do that when I was first stricken with Trigeminal Neuralgia. I had relearn everything again. But it taught me quite a bit as well.

This whole practice in general involves loosing your focus on your "immediate" physical body. There are a number of ways to do this. Any of the actual projection techniques you read would work. They all involve the same thing and that is to stop focusing here and turn your "complete" focus to there.
Sorry to hear that  you had trigeminal neuralgia, my aunt had it. It can be very painful. Luckily she got it fixed with surgery. OK so you think I can still do it but I would have to focus away from the physical and away from my foot. Thanks for your input Lumanza.

186  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 18, 2017, 22:19:14
So I was reading Robert Bruce's book called "Mastering Astral Projection 90 Day Guide To Out-Of-Body Experience."

In speaking of Deep Physical Relaxation Roberts book reads:
"Deep physical relaxation is the foundation upon which everything else in this program will rest."

"If you do not thoroughly learn this essential skill, you could waste a lot of time and effort making projection attempts with little chance of success."

Now I have constant tension in my right foot. I can't stop it by even going to sleep. It's always there, even when resting. Would this really be a hindrance to astral projection? Should I wait for my foot to heal before I continue?

Thanks.
187  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I thought I was Jesus!! on: June 11, 2017, 02:47:46
It was not a pleasant experience. I was in shock. The strongest emotion I had was fear, but I consciously stayed as a full participant in the experience until it ended (about 10 minutes). I had to mentally remind myself to stay in the experience several times. And I did. I was not sure what to do with the experience. I was 15 years old and attending a summer camp.

The experience began with a visual distortion opening and closing out of corner of my right eye about 10 feet off the ground (like a door opening 12 feet away). It was like a saw it, but I turned my head to look at it, and I did not see it. I began to question the experience at that point. Then about two minutes later, Jesus was floating 15 feet in front of me. The other person who shared the experience with me saw him walking down a staircase out of the sky at the time I saw the door open (e.g., when I saw the distortion crack open with a sliver of light). Then, this other person saw him move around the campfire like I did.

He began right in front of me (15 feet). I could feel an energetic and it was overwhelming. This increased the shock and fear I was experiencing.There was no physical contact or communication from him. And, I was in too much shock to engage him. There were about 100 people at this event and only two of us were allowed to see him for unknown reasons. I had my arms around the people on each side of me - which was a good thing. I eventually relaxed my body as I felt the warmth of each person beside me.

Throughout the experience, he was simply visible in his light body from distances of 15 to 40 feet. Golden white light. He had a visible male body with no scars or markings or piercings. He looked human with some facial hair and long brown hair on his head. He looked like Jesus. I immediately recognized him as Jesus. I knew he was Jesus (and so did the 2nd witness). He was in a pale cloak or robe. He was not animated. He kept hands and other body parts still while floating about 4 feet off the ground. It was night time, so the contrast of darkness and his light body increased visibility of this detail. When he was at the further distance about 40 feet away, his light body had at least a 12 inch visible glow around it (like an aura). I could almost see through the body at moments. That was the most comfortable distance for me (energetically).

He changed positions at least three times, disappearing to the new spot and re-appearing to show himself. I was concerned that I was hallucinating, so I asked a friend next to me if she saw anything unusual (no!). This only added to my fear, but I stayed in the experience. When the event (a campfire) ended, I heard the second witness crying about 10 feet behind me. I went to them after someone else mentioned their experience, and this person gradually told me what they saw. I then shared my experience with them (as a confirmation of what they experienced). I knew then that I was not hallucinating, but I did not know how to explain the experience as a teenager.

This is the only time I have ever seen a non-physical being in the physical as a human. I am not clairvoyant. I have met non-physical beings in the non-physical since then including guidance (and had other non-physical experiences), but I have never seen him (Jesus) again in either the physical or non-physical. I know a former moderator from this forum who has met Jesus in the non-physical more than once, but she is a very skilled traveler (imo) and a clairvoyant.

Overall, I do not consider this a Christian experience. And, I have not been associated with any church in over 25 years. However, the contrast of this experience has guided me in my other experiences and perceptions of how the physical and non-physical is all one thing.

Thank you so much for sharing that. Yeah I bet that would have helped shape your views for sure. Thank you for taking the time to share that. It's interesting and makes me wonder how much he is still involved in our lives. Funny that your no longer involved with the church anymore after all this time. Thanks again.  smiley

And sorry for the late reply. Some how I missed the email.
188  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you listen to opposing political views? on: June 03, 2017, 03:45:01
Thanks for chiming in Xanth. I'm bored and need someone to talk to while on college break.  smiley
189  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you listen to opposing political views? on: June 03, 2017, 03:26:14
Nope.  Wink
I see, you just don't want to get into intellectual conversations. I see how you are.  tongue
190  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I thought I was Jesus!! on: June 03, 2017, 03:21:47
I can tell you that I have had personal experience with Jesus in physical reality. It was not about being saved (a common belief) ... It was not imagined (e.g., someone about 20 feet from me had a similar experience with him) ... I was not out of body (e.g., I had my arms around each person beside me and never felt this contact disappear during the experience of about 10 minutes). He was hovering about 4 feet off the ground (as many mediums see the non-physical) in a glowing etheric body surrounded by golden white light. I will not go into further details about my own experience (a very long post). But I have provided enough detail to assure you (and many others peaking in here) that it was a real "physical" experience. And, this was not my first non-physical experience, but probably the most shocking until my 20's.
Wow Subtle Traveler, I didn't know that you saw Jesus. That must have been a great experience for you. I grew up christian and so I had a lot of beliefs and thoughts about Jesus as a kid and growing up, so it's great to meet someone on the forum that has had direct contact with him. I would love to hear your full story and I am sure others would too, perhaps you can share it with us. Personally I expanded my knowledge of Jesus past the bible through reading Howard Storms NDE book. Anyway thanks for sharing that.
191  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you listen to opposing political views? on: June 02, 2017, 18:08:52
Preach... like a priest preaching...

Like what I do here!   evil Wink
I wouldn't listen to me either.
OK I think you get what I'm saying now. Perhaps you now see our talks about psychedelics in the past in a different light.  wink
192  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you find that people cant accept that your a astral projector on: June 02, 2017, 14:13:50
Annnnnnnnnd you lost it.  Wink  hehe
You know what I mean.  grin wink
193  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you listen to opposing political views? on: June 02, 2017, 14:07:29
Ego is when they're "preaching" perspective.
Truth is when they're "discussing" perspective.

It's actually EXTREMELY easy to tell the difference.
How would you define preach? Because I don't see anything inherently egotistical about teaching a topic passionately or public speaking.
194  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I thought I was Jesus!! on: June 01, 2017, 20:32:06
I always felt I was a god.

Funny when I found out... I WAS!  Smiley
Good one. Some people have a real problem understanding this concept that we are God I've found.
195  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you find that people cant accept that your a astral projector on: June 01, 2017, 20:28:17
I see the traces of beginning to understand in your words, Plasma.  Smiley
LOL perhaps I should define it further. Which is head in this sense would mean that all thoughts of astral projection or dreams would have originated causes in this physical world or ones own mind, and not in some other place outside the scientific understanding. Meaning if a thought can't be measured with a physical instrument then it never happened and never happened outside of ones head where it can't be measured. Now of course I know that thoughts can originate outside of the head, but of course we are talking about my brother here.
196  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you listen to opposing political views? on: June 01, 2017, 20:15:09
Political, no I never go out of my way to listen to politicians. There are plenty of other places to encounter lies, deceit and slander. My political views fall in line with this, so just don't give me any power.

Religious views, I have listened to many different views. There are plenty of other places to encounter lies, deceit and exploitation. I have no time for these, only the few peaceful religions.

What I enjoy listening to most, is educated atheists debating with religious people i.e Stephen Fry and Ricky Gervais. I enjoy the comedy aspect of it, but also the reasoning behind their arguments. Because if any god is eternal love & good, they would never allow the suffering that they have. 

I guess I am structuring my beliefs around that.

It is always good to listen to the views of others, I guess it just depends on what you believe to be important.
I respect the idea that people don't want to deal with politics. I use to be that way too, but I learned to look past the politicians and try to understand economic/political theories and what is ideal rather than praising a particular politician. Thanks for chiming in.

I'll listen to any opposing view as long as it's presented in such a way that isn't trying to force-feed it to me.
Anything logical deserves attention.  But if you're telling me something to satiate your own ego, then no.  That's just wasting MY time.
Yeah I'm glad to hear that you listen out opposing views Xanth, and I do understand that nobody wants to feel like they're having someone else's truth being shoved down their throat. But I don't really get it when people talk about ego like this. One persons truth could be another persons ego is it not? Christians could say that astral projectors are satisfying their ego desire to play God by taking control of spiritual matters that only God should be in control of. So what makes it ego and what makes it truth? Doesn't ego run to the very core of who we are? If we are in samsara then we have ego don't we? I actually just researched this as I was a bit confused, and as it turns out it's hard to define ego. Because it's a huge collection of beliefs that are grounded in "I" and "me." Ego can change and even be contradictory and I doubt that non-ego can be inherently grounded in objective truth. That is why enlightened people didn't discover science many moons ago. What I took away from it is that it's best to talk in terms like personal belief/truth. And in this case talk about being sensitive to others emotions and feelings because triggering them could backfire. But yeah I do get that nobody wants to feel like they're being force-feed someone else's truth.

Thoughts?
197  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I thought I was Jesus!! on: June 01, 2017, 06:12:33
There was a few times I felt like I was an incarnation of a very important biblical figure like King David from the bible. Now I realize there is no way to really know for sure right now. So I embrace my unique time here and now in this life. Life is too short to be fantasizing about stuff like that. I'd as well be fantasizing that I was once Cleopatra. LOL
198  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Do you listen to opposing political views? on: June 01, 2017, 06:03:17
I don't want to get into politics per se, but I take great pride in the fact that I can and have changed my belief systems based on new information and I listen to different political and religious views.

I don't really find senators or presidents persuasive in arguing and debate, they don't really hold much sway for me politically, but I do love to hear the critics, I love to hear big picture arguments. I've learned so much listening to the critics on both sides. Host Dave Rubin is great at doing this, and it's so rare and valuable IMO.

This not only holds true for politics but also religion. I can listen and enjoy atheist Richard Dawkins one minute then enjoy Hindu Deepak Chopra the next. I can listen to conservatives Ben Shapiro and troll Milo Yiannopoulos one minute then listen to socialist Richard D. Wolff the next along with feminist Laci Green the next. I must say the only thing I refuse to seriously consider at this point is Islam and feminists that don't debate. But I do listen to alternative views of Islam like sufism for Islam.

Some people might think this is wishy washy way of thinking, and that might be true if I didn't have a relatively stable opinion, but on the contrary I've learned to find the middle ground. Also it makes my belief system much more complex and robust because if some piece gets taken out, I can take another route very quickly. I become like a branch that bends with the wind and doesn't break when a little hardship comes along.

I know in the past you's have flamed me for not getting what you want me to get. But that was only because of the format it was presented in.  grin

Do you listen to opposing views politically, spiritually or non-spiritually?

I encourage you to embrace radical open your mindedness whenever possible through dialog, debate, and listening.
199  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you find that people cant accept that your a astral projector on: May 29, 2017, 17:31:55
But it is *all in your head*.
That doesn't make it less real.

This physical reality is also all in your head.
We can play the game of semantics here but it's blows down to how do you define head. By head do we mean mind, or the physical brain, subjective reality, or however one defines it. By head here I mean fully 100 percent subjective experience, all in the mind and brain, like a dream that has no connection to spirit or anything outside of ones own subjective thoughts.
200  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: May 27, 2017, 17:37:13
I guess the only thing I can add in here is my own belief as none of us really know.

I have been working with a belief which I wish to explore over time, it is that the consciousness is me, but I am not the consciousness. So in a way I am you and you are me, but at the same time we are still ourselves.

So in that respect, I believe that there can be individual prejudices in the astral. Because while we are all part of the consciousness, we are not the same. Which leads me to believe that the beings we see in the astral could also be separate parts of the consciousness, just as we are.
Thanks for chiming in. And I agree that we are consciousness but consciousness isn't necessarily us.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41