The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 27, 2021, 08:12:35

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16
251  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Bald? on: April 21, 2002, 08:14:22
Henrik Larrson, one of Swedens top 3 footballers, famous for his long dreadlocks, shaved his head some time ago, and he then scored goals like ever before...  so not everybody is like Samson in that field..

David, I get that impression to somehow, wandering "types" (just for example fiction figure Caine, the kung fu legend) have long hair, and people who isnīt so "wandery" like for example munks, often spending most of their times around a monastery (right word?) wears...  yea you guessed it, no hair..   pretty neat....  or couse the ones who stay put perhaps have easier access to shaving gear........ Wink

Ciao bello //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -
252  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The longwinded story of Cainam_Nazier on: April 21, 2002, 08:01:11
About Battlefield Earth, sure I enjoyed it...  but then again, I am a sucker for sci-fi flicks in general, anything that isnīt made with dolls works for me (like in the 60īs;) , well almost... lol..  - and one of my favourite actors is Travolta..  so I didnīt have any problems sitting it through like you guys...  but from there to qualify for a place on my top 10 list (well, donīt have any, but if I had such a creature it wouldnīt be on it) is a huge leap, not many flicks do... (to be precise, only 10 of īem does)
Im gonna check out Swordfish, its number one here right now on the video list actually...  seems neat!

Concerning the dead people, I donīt think it "works" the way it is put forward in the sixth sence either, that one see many of them "wounded"...  anyhow, interrest hearing your experiences about it, thx for sharing īmateī!!

Be well //Qui-Gon

253  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Bald? on: April 21, 2002, 05:44:42
Right about that one Inguma!
  I havenīt up to this day seen any ("famous" that is) mystic or munk or someone "openly" very spiritually engaged individual with their hair short, parted in the middle (mittbena)....
  Either bald, or long hair (often accompanied with a pretty awesome beard) seems to be the thing...  I guess it is much because neither needs to be conditioned so often, no time wasting fixing the hair and stuff..

Wouldnīt the Dalai Lama look cool on shoulder long hair and a massive beard!!?ī   Now thatīd be a sight...

Be well //Qui-Gon

254  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Flying Dreams or Astral Projections??? on: April 21, 2002, 05:12:53
I listened to the 11th of January and 3rd of March interviews with Buhlmann last night, very good interviews, I didnīt know anything about W. Buhlmann before but he seemed very knowledgable and "sane", Iīll be picking up his book for sure.  And you are right, Jeff is very "easy-going" and very cpomfortable to listen to, I like Art to but Art is more "aggressive" in his approach I reckonī.
 Anyway, thx for sharing that site, is there anymore radio shows in the states (or elsewhere) taking up topics like these, similar to Jeff or Art, and has site on the net where one can listen for free??

Cheers //Qui-Gon

255  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / For Your Listening Pleasure on: April 20, 2002, 16:56:47
Hey Daniel, went there just a few moments ago, first I tried the sep 8 file, I could only here a 21 seconds long... something.. no more...  I though that was the case with every file - for me at least with my crappy puter.
But the next file I tried (3rd of March) worked just fine, after hearing the same 21 sec thingie the rest came automatically, and I am listening to it at this moment, using RealPlayer, so try that one from March (3rd) - it should work for you as well I reckonī....
 I just browsed through the whole list and found some 20-25 shows to listen to, seems the majority of the shows is about the subject of UFOīs though...

Take Care //Qui-Gon

256  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Drinking/ nightlife habits on: April 20, 2002, 15:27:30
Yea its a bummer, after all it only takes 10 minutes with train from Lund to Malmoe...  you cant even get to Kalmar with train..  I didnīt get the apartment I talked about, so perhaps I end up on Öland, taking the bus over the bridge every day, cause there are very few apartments available in Kalmar!!
  We really seems to have many things in common so itīd be cool take a biking expidition or something like that...  but now its gonna be hard..  but if you apply for college/university in Kalmar, give me a holler okidoki??  Or if you are just in the neighbourhood some day in the future...

I dont have any friends like that you described either around me, but I have a few on the net so...  I guess that is around me in a way..  

Take care //Qui-Gon

257  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Drinking/ nightlife habits on: April 20, 2002, 14:53:36
Felix,

I to preffer staying home reading etc. on friday/saturday nights, alternatively being at a friends place watching viedos or whatever. (plus it saves some million braincells that might come handy every time;)
    Go clubbing doesnīt give me anything to be honest, I guess I donīt like superficiality (which is to be found everywhere out in pubs/clubs) in general - nor hanging around with temporarily "retarded" (drunk) and aggressive people I couldnīt have a conversation with...  
  .. but I see how it serves many people, blowing off steem/pressure and aggressions thatīs been building up during the week, just not for me...  
 I guess I am one of those people who really enjoys their own company, I donīt have to be surrounded by people ALL the time - and so weekends I often spend in peace & quiet, recharging the batteries instead of blowing them......

As for alcohol, I havenīt touched a drop this year to be honest, so I am thinking of quitting it for good...  I have had a few bad experiences with alcohol back in my younger years, and comes to think about it, Iīve never gained anything from "using" it - tobacco (snus, whats that called in english?, anyway, it is one of the "mildest" tobacco to take but still very addictive) though I have been using pretty regularly uptil this new years eve, then I decided to quit that, but I have had a few very short relapses this year with it..   tobacco is a hard f***er to get out of the system entirely!!   Smoking - not a chance in life.....

Be well //Qui-Gon

258  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Flying Dreams or Astral Projections??? on: April 20, 2002, 11:49:06
Jee thx Nitetravler, I love shutting of the light and listen to good radio programs...  who is this Jeff person?  A bit like Art Bell eh?  But not so "big" I suppose...

259  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / How does the star system work? on: April 20, 2002, 10:44:54
I have my hopes that when one reaches 300 posts, one gets an astral projection experience, a real one - donīt ask me how it is going to be done but you know, in this universe - everything is possible...  either that or 10 000$īs..  and by the time 500 posts is reached, well - a new mountainbike could be  appropriate I think....  especially for those of us who has had theirs stolen...  yea thatīs it!!  or...
   Adrian, you gotta give us a clue on this one!!!  hehee..

Peace //Qui-Gon

"You know, we canīt get out of life alive!
We can either die in the bleachers or die on the field.
We might as well come down on the field and go for it!!

260  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Astral Combat on: April 20, 2002, 04:41:15
Qui-don Jim Wink  Soon every member has an "alternative" name for me, but thatīs alright...
   ...as for astral battle, you said; "3. You have a choice to just move to another level to disappear if you don't feel like fighting." (cant use the qute function anymore)
    If one can just move to another level, instead of fighting, why not do that ALL the time - I know I myself wouldnīt want to fight and risk hurting someone - even an astral bug, if I didnīt need to...

Be well //Qui-Gon

261  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Bald? on: April 20, 2002, 04:30:34
Felix, did you have to remind about our 6 month winter Wink  But I agree, being completely hairless (up front) could be pretty cold when living as we do up in Scandinavia.  Let me tell you, its pretty darn cold - but the girls.... ahh the girls, you americans and aussies donīt know what you are missing Wink
 They make up for the cold no doubt, and they have to keep warm you know - thatīs when us guys comes in and saves the day......  =^[)
  I could live with the winter being narrowed down to 3 months though, since I enjoy the summer more to be honest.
  Anyway, Iīm gonna sacrifice this summer to be warm when next winter strikes, meaning I ainīt touching my hair, sure Iīll be sweating like an icecream this summer...  Iīll probably look one of the "psycklos" from Battlefield Earth by then next winter....  canīt wait..

Be well //Qui-Gon

262  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / about to break... on: April 19, 2002, 15:06:52
Hey,

if I were you, I wouldnīt continue with the alcohol "therapy", thatīs taking the easy way out, well not really a way out...  it just make things worse than it needs to be, even if it mean you might forget about certain things for a short while.  
  I would compare that almost with taking drugs (mushrooms) to project, perhaps they will help you "project" but it wouldnīt be a "good" projection I reckonī, + it would be like cheating....  

I am in your situation when it comes to being in the "student years", not sure what to do with my life, bad economy and those stuff - sure!!
    But you know - very few know exactly what they want to to with their life and perhaps that is for the best,  meaning one is open for ever might "come"...   ...those who plan life into the tiniest (sp?) detail, I think will only get dissapointed, cause it never turns out the way you want and think it would turn out...  the trick to live happy no matter what the cicumstances I reckon is to develop the attitude; "whatever I get, is precisely what I want", and to trust everything happening is meant to happen, for our higher good even if we canīt see it right when it happens...  even if it might not be so all the time - it sure make life 10 times more enjoyable..   sometimes when I donīt feel "100% sunny" I think to myself that EVERYTHING that has happened in my life up til this point, including times when I think I have made a fool out of myself etc., has served the best possible purpose for my personal "evolution" (perhaps Iīve even contributed to someone elses when doing something I perhaps am embarrassed of), and that NOTHING else should have happened.  That usually do the trick and I instantly go to a more peaceful and happy state of mind.
 Perhaps this last thing is hard for some people to do, but I have learned to do it on will pretty much and I tell you, it is VERY helpful...

How is your doggie by the way Felix??

Be well //Qui-Gon

263  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Bald? on: April 19, 2002, 14:36:41
I have many times thought about shaving it all of, but never done it.
 One get inspired when seeing - like Felix says - buddhist munks and other "spiritual engaged" people with their "top shining", it looks so fockinī (sorry) comfortable and "free" sorta...

But I think Mozez the cat would go on a hunger strike or something if I did, since his #1 favourite hobby is to chew on mehair...  Now he is drinking in my fountain, that lil bastard!! Wink  I think he has mutated into a beaver, cause he uses his sharp lil teeth pretty frequently as well as donīt mind getting wet....

Be well //Qui-Gon

264  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The longwinded story of Cainam_Nazier on: April 19, 2002, 14:22:00
Hey,

About "AI", well, it was well done, some neat special effects.
I have a hard time deciding if I liked it as well, but it was a few to many "transport distances" which made it a bit... well lets say it wouldnīt hurt if theyīd cut it down to 2 hours...   but overall, worth seeing..  sexy woman playing the "I see dead people"- kids mama if nothing else Wink
   Continuing on the subject movies, I saw Battlefield Earth for the first time last night, that one I liked - Travolta is the main man when it comes to playing bad guys!!  

When you see "dead people" David, how do they look like, I mean in the sence of "energetic look" - completely transparent (sp?) or.. ??  Do their legs - if they have any - move when they move or do they just hover above the floor?ī Tell me what you can and want, I am curious cause I have never seen a spirit like that myself what I can remember....

Be well //Qui-Gon

265  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Healing Eyesight With Energy on: April 18, 2002, 21:07:33
I to am fairly near-sighted, and I hate wearing glasses, and even more contact lenses, no way jose on the latter...   but I need to wear glasses when I read or in front of the puter, otherwise my eyes gets easily tired and well donīt enjoy that....  as long as I donīt have to walk around wearing them they donīt annoy me, but hey, wouldnīt it be great if one could make the eyes work optimal without any aids, through energy work...  sounds a bit tough to accomplish but I am sure it CAN be done. Question is if it takes a trained senior yogi or "just a  western boy" with strong intentions/will and equipped with some "energy ability"- like you and me...

Couldnīt hurt trying though!!  So keep trying it and report back if you experience any change (hard not to keep it subjective but still..)
 If I were you I wouldnīt stop wearing glasses or lenses though, that is probably how I got my eye inflammation 6 years back, when I didnīt know I needed glasses.  I had to live with that inflammation for 3-4 years, it went chronic (really, really nasty!!).  I got rid of it with the help of "energy work" though, not "performed" by myself - but still, it was energy work, energy blockages were removed by a very skilled kinesiologist (sp?) and my eyes got better and today they are good (except from the slight near-sightness but that I can live with)....

Well, be well // Qui-Gon

266  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Case Study. on: April 18, 2002, 20:46:14
Do I know what you are talking about or what Mark...  I used to do that last summer, well a couple of times at least - lying under a tree watching branches with the heaven as background..  neat!!   "Green vegetation" in general really glows shimmery - beatiful.

I hope itīll fo a lil warmer up here in the North in a few weeks........

Be well //Qui-Gon

267  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Case Study. on: April 18, 2002, 17:21:24
Glowy Purple #1, #2 = glowy blue and #3 = glowy green.... funny all the colours Inguma mentioned was the most popular I have on my "top 3 list"... (newly created list that is, I dont make lists for everything;)
With glowy I mean the sort of "glow" the colour would be able to have when seen in an aura...   the most awesome colours I have ever seen is to be found in someones/somethings aura..  although I havenīt seen purple more than once I think.

May the force be with you //Qui-Gon Jinn aka Richard

268  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Sometimes, change is NOT good. on: April 18, 2002, 17:07:36
Hey Adrian and thx for your feedback.
 I have the forums as my starting site so I get it up every time I start the puter.  I just wanted you to know that now, some hours later, it runs 3 times faster, meaning almost as fast as the former forum - yay!  hehee...  a bit weird though that it changes like that. One would think either its fast, or not...  but it seems to change.
   I use Explorer... I think it is 5.0, could be 4.0 but I think it is 5.0, could be easily checked I reckon but me and puters is like me and cars, I drive them, but donīt ask me to change a tire Wink   (could be done if I had a few hours though I reckonī...)
  Well, take care and keep it going, just donīt add more stuff pleaze... yea - one more thing, why can I not use the "jump to" thingie anymore??
  It hasnīt been working since the change, and I cant use the preview button, and a few other things like the smilies etc., my instincts tell me this isnīt the case for everyone else eh?

Be well //Qui-Gon

269  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Sometimes, change is NOT good. on: April 18, 2002, 11:22:51
I think I heard someone, was it Adrian?, say that it might get faster as some thingie (I suck on puters) "catches up".
 Well the thing is for me, the first day after the change it went a bit slower than it used to before the change but not annoyingly so.  Therefore I wasnīt so massively critical in the first few days.
  I was surprised to hear people say it would take for ages to load a new page since it didnīt take ages for me, even though I probably have the oldest slowest bugger of us all in here and a 56K modem.

Last night though, and today, it takes ages to load a new page, so it seems to be going the opposite way, slower, at least for me it is...  not to make any "threat" or anything, but if it doesnīt fasten up significantly, I couldnīt longer keep coming here (it is now merely running at all here) - which would be a shame (for me that is, Iīm sure you all could manage without me, there are other swedes here after all;) since it is such a neat lil "community", one of a kind to say the least.
 And I understand all the work and so forth behind running the sorta places, so not to devalue your work Adrian & Co, but I just donīt see why changing something that worked and "served its purpose" so well, just to be able to add some new features (polls and stuff, which could be interresting but not on the expense of the "user friendlyness")

Well Iīll check in again in the weekend perhaps, crossing my fingers itīll run then...
   Be well //Qui-Gon

270  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The longwinded story of Cainam_Nazier on: April 17, 2002, 21:07:51
Gonna look around for Spaceballs, my local video place has lots and lots of a bit older flicks around so it may be there waiting for me... talking about movies...  Iīm just back from a friends crib, we saw "AI", with Hailey Joel Osment (or Hailey Joement as it said on the front, what kinda people prints these stuff? Wink amongst others, you know the "I see dead people" kid we spoke about earlier.....    that movie had some cool visual effects in it!!
 Episode ll is about to show here in a month or so... guess who is going to be upfront first seat?
  Yep!  
     Be well //Qui-Gon

271  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / about to break... on: April 17, 2002, 20:05:28
Hi Felix,

after rain comes........   well you know the end of that one.
I will give you an advice which I strongly believe is the key to shake of a down mood - DO NO FIGHT IT!!   Accept fully your feelings and the thoughts which make you feel down, it is alright and they wonīt harm you.
  Try to think you feel like this for a purpose which you cannot see at the moment, and know youīll feel better very soon.
It is nothing wrong with you, the vast majority of people have their ups and down - shifting...    just like the cycles of nature....  it is natural...  sometimes our mood goes a lil bit deeper down than it "normally" do, thatīs when being rich on perspectives comes in and saves the day.  Seeing the negativity experienced in a new light, from different angles, and eventually with help from those perspectives, which allows you to see the sun (which always shines) - dissolving the clouds.

I just finished a book last night, by my #1 favourite author, Dan Millman, heard of him?  The book was "Laws of Spirit" (in swedish; Andens Lagar), and somehow I feel that one may be what you want to get your eyes on right now my friend...  it should be in the library I think.
    It will help you look at your present situation in a very powerful way I think. I felt after closing the last page last night; "Man, this is the only īguidebookī I "need" for the rest of my life!!"  I know if I can live by these laws, I will forever live in peace...  and they are very easy to understand.
   I recommend reading that one if you can get your hands on it, tell me what you think when done okay?

And remember, no one is perfect, and no one ask you to be perfect, not even "god"(whatever definition you wanna give him/her/it).
Everyone of us is "created by god", and god, well god simply do not make junk!!  

PS. Did I use the word "should" back then did I? (doesnīt "reason" with me), when I talked about spiritual development, mentioning my main goal in life is spiritual development (which is very "broad" should I say). After all, spiritual development and experiences from this life is the only thing we bring with us when we "goes" I think...  

Be well //Qui-Gon

272  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Bald? on: April 17, 2002, 06:23:04
I canīt in my wildest fantasy - well perhaps if I dig real deep - believe it could have any difference being bald or lots of hair up there.
 And I hope not, since Iīm growing mine "Qui-Gon- style".... hehee ...

Take care!

273  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Sometimes, change is NOT good. on: April 17, 2002, 06:01:16
As a matter of fact Winged Wolf, after postng that message I said to myself, where tha heck did I get that from, hahaa...  I hit the edit button to rewrite it, cause I really donīt think it is more important if some people enjoys the site slightly more - if it means that some canīt hardly enjoy it all anymore (I still can but I enjoyed the former one better, and I understand some people canīt enjoy it at all so)...   well when I hit the edit button my puter crashed (happens every now and then.. grrr....  on other sites as well of course) and I didnīt have the stamina to restart it for the only purpose to edit a message, so Iīm with you Wolf.
 Just wanted you to know that...  
 Parent or no parent, "time" as we know it is limited to all of us here, so most important I reckon is for the forum to load quickly above all...  
   Be well //Qui-Gon

274  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / does everyone protect themselves before an OBE on: April 17, 2002, 05:38:05
Hi Don,

I personally feel no need whatsoever to protect myself before an OBE, despite hearing tons and tons of people saying you must do it, I simply do not take that to me - I guess I listen more to my instincts or "inner voice".
  But if you truly think it is very important to shield yourself then it is wise to do so I think.
If not, you would probably not feel as safe, and we all know fear is our greatest obstacle for growth and whatever acchievements we want to acchieve. Since I feel - for me - there is no need to protect myself in the sence of doing some ritual or say a prayer, I canīt answer you what other means of protection people engage in, it has never interrested me.
 But if it makes you feel safer doing it, then I suggest you practice some form of "protection" !!
   Search the web and youīll certainly find some ideas, as well from the people whoīll answer you here soon.....   right guys?? Wink

MAy the force be with you //Qui-Gon

275  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Why so slow? on: April 16, 2002, 17:44:51
I use a 56K modem as well, combine that with an old 100MHZ Pentium (yea they still are out there;) with zilch space left on the hard drive, and what you get after the new features added is = "slowicity"...   Wink   and when I try to change fourm at the bottom where it sais "jump to" (I believe) nothing happens anymore, has this something to do with my puter or is it "universal"?
  Otherwise, it looks good, but... well, at least for me with an stoneage puter it isnīt more user friendly - sad to say the contrary.
But hey, if it works better for the majority then keep it going!!
  Be well //Qui-Gon

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16