The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 27, 2021, 20:31:21

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: An Entity That I Encountered On An Astral Plane on: December 01, 2008, 21:59:17
Were you sleeping when this happened or intentionally projecting?

I tried once in a semi-lucid dream to integrate a negative dream character into myself but once we joined or got close I felt piercing sensations all over my body like the character put up his last defense before we joined.

I havn't seen enough entities while purely projecting to have tested this out, though.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Heart POUNDING!!! on: July 19, 2008, 03:14:39
Ahh!!!

Seriously guys, you have to get past this heart pounding, because we are soooo close! I just got done listening to one of the gateway series and I was feeling pretty good after the resonant tuning so I started trying the rope method which gave me problems so I imagined climbing a rope ladder and immediately started feeling the vibrations in my legs which went up to my pelvis area & lower back....I tried to keep going and my heart started pounding like crazy and my eyes were fluttering but I just said "no way," and kept going (after I mentally said that they became less of an obstacle)...my body felt like it was stated to loosen up and I felt this vortex spinning infront of me, sound, space and time started getting out of wack and I just kept trying to climb and climb and climb! but alas I couldn't concentrate hard enough! I felt like a space shuttle at takeoff when it's going nowhere but there's smoke and flames everywhere! we're so close!!

Seriously, you guys are so close! stay focused - if you get the heart pounding sensation I can't imagine you are more than a few minutes away from a projection if concentration is held!

Sorry just had to give some support!! Good luck ladies and gentlemen! grin
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Positioning when phasing/projecting on: July 18, 2008, 05:20:49
I completely agree, Stookie. After doing all my trance work on my back if I try to fall asleep lying on my back I just move into a trance and don't fall asleep.

I've started trying out laying out a blanket folded onto itself then laying on my back with my head on a pillow, which doesn't let me fall asleep but I am relaxed enough to move into a trance state.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Heart POUNDING!!! on: July 17, 2008, 23:22:13
I was just flipping through Astral Dynamics last night and lo and behold! I found Robert Bruce talking about exactly what we're describing here. I'm surprised I had forgotten about this...oh well. It's on page 262 for those of you who have a copy on hand. He starts describing pre-exit sensations under the heading of "Tips and Summary Notes on the Rope Technique."

"Concentrate on maintaining a calm inner balance at all times during a projection attempt. Focus on climbing rope to the exclusion of everything else. Put everything you have into the climbing action and tune everything else out. Do not analyze or think about what you are doing!  ...  Do nothing but climb the rope until you get out of your body."

This is basically what I was describing when I said concentration is key and must be at adhered to so you're not distracted (by the racing heart, fluttery eyelids or anything else). This here is where things usually go awry for me, Endless Dave. When I'm using an action that puts pressure on my projectable double (like the rope) I come and go and can't quite stay attached to that action, then the heart thing happens and I just fall apart  cheesy

Here he goes on to talk about the heart...

"Be ready for the racing-heartbeat sensation. This is a major event. It can be incredibly strong during early projection attempts, terrifying many people into aborting their long-sought-after first exist. Totally ignore this. It will not hurt you in any way. The heart center races to provide energy for the projecting double. It is not the actual physical heart that's racing. Also ignore sensations like head and brow pressure, no matter how strong or uncomfortable. The sooner you get out of your body, the sooner they stop."

Really it seems like all you need is deep relaxation, intense concentration and a method to put pressure on your double (rope, I like the swingset, etc.). I'm trying to figure out how to magnify my concentration, but until then I guess I'll just work on deep relaxation.

Good luck!
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: My OBE this morning: flying through an ornate tunnel on: July 17, 2008, 07:04:57
Cool

My favorite part of these experiences is how amazing the light & color is - I bet it was really great in that tunnel!
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Heart POUNDING!!! on: July 14, 2008, 04:50:03
Hmm heart chakra eh? I kind of assumed so, but times when I've done meditations with crystals to work on my chakras its felt like more of a buzzing where this is usually, as you say CFTraveler, "strobing," which is very distracting.

Vibra I read your response in Endless Dave's post where you said the eye fluttering almost opens your eyes...isn't that annoying? lol that's exactly what happens to me.

Endless Dave - I read your thread and it sounds like you are just experiencing the "drop" into trance. I usually experience trance states coming in like waves, which doesn't preclude the drop into a projection. I've had experiences where I start in a light trance, then I just feel myself going deeper and deeper very rapidly, which if I didn't have these chakra complications would probably end in a projection.

The "sensory acrobatic maneuvers" I'm speaking of are situations I imagine myself being in, like the rope method. If I can focus enough, spinning like a column or a log in water is very efficient (almost too efficient) or one that I discovered recently I imagine myself to be swinging on a swing set which almost always pushes me to the brink of projection. Otherwise when I get close my brain starts going kind of hay-wire and I lose my ability to concentrate on one thing so I just use the feeling of pushing myself in every direction I can think of...which means imagining I'm pushing my body below my bed while my physical stays in bed, imagining I'm being pulled on a rope water skiing, spinning, diving, flying too fast for my physical to keep up, etc. When you use one of these exit techniques a couple times you will feel the pressure it makes on your projectable double which you can then manipulate as you see fit.

Honestly I think the key here is focus. If you can focus on one exit method, you will exit. I almost said, if you can focus without being distracted, but if you are concentrating very strongly you will barely notice the "distractions."

So far I've only projected after waking up, so I think the eye thing might be a physical relaxing problem, which Robert Bruce has said is the biggest problem to overcome. I havn't dealt with any chakra sensations before any of my projections for some reason. Maybe sleep stabilizes chakras or something...??
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Heart POUNDING!!! on: July 05, 2008, 23:08:55
Yes!!!

Ah finally someone else to share the pain with heh heh...I've never seen anyone else talk about this. I knew that feeling your heart pounding hard is common but it has prevented me every time from a conscious exit because it's *so* intense. I've never heard someone complain about it inhibiting their exits...

Usually this feeling is coupled with *extremely* jittery eyelids and I almost completely come out of trance. This is so annoying, but I just don't know what to do about it.

I'm pretty sure it is a pre-exit sensation because it happens whenever I'm in a medium trance and I put pressure on my double with different sensory acrobatic maneuvers. Usually I feel like my body is buzzing up just about split then my heart goes crazy and my eyes flutter and it all goes awry...grrr  undecided

Could someone experienced please comment? Even if it's supposed to be well known info?
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I was THIS close! on: April 24, 2008, 18:36:42
I'm confused...how did you not project but you woke up in the Real Time Zone? Are you talking about physical reality? If your in the RTZ it is an out of body experience (you projected).

To me when I have this problem I have found it to be caused by not enough physical relaxation and as the above poster mentioned try and passively observe, which will also keep you relaxed.
9  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Premonitions AND Bad Memory... on: December 22, 2007, 06:23:03

thats a no for me...i dont even know when i first noticed pubic hair...just feels like its always been there....also have a scar i don't remember getting...right under my left boob.

just thought i'd put my 2 cents in...but topic wise...i do the tv thing too, just add phone calls and emails.

Freaking phone calls, my god...there are so many times I grab my phone thinking "oh I thought my phone was ringing," then it will!

For myself, if I'm into a show, I noticed that the dialogue plays through my head when I'm not watching the show, therefore at some point there is a good chance if you really like a show you will be thinking of a scene, while it is playing.

The weirder thing for me is that the characters in shows I watch start to take over for my internal dialogue and I hear them saying random things that would normally just be "said" by my internal dialogue voice. All in all it's not too weird because I've always been able to imagine anyone/thing doing anything.

edit: I was also going to say that you probably don't have a bad memory - the focus of your awareness just isn't in places that you would like it to be. It seems like there are many things that I will consistently forget until one time I think "hey I forget this all the time - I'm going to remember," and I say it with conviction, KNOWING that I will remember....usually I do.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Has your OBE eliminated fear of death? on: December 13, 2007, 21:07:39
Stookie - I may understand you correctly in a similar way that I understand the process; the *process*. I can't say that OBEs can take sole recognition for forming these ideas in my mind, but death seems like more like a switch than anything else, like railroad tracks being moved from one track to another.

I really think it will be the ultimate OBE; a fantastic rollercoaster - when I think about death I feel how I do before I ingest psychedelics - something wild is up around the bend!

I would also have to agree with the other posters who mentioned death may not be feared until it is present. I havn't actually been in seriously dangerous situations but my mind is fairly flexible and in times where I nearly dodged car accidents or some such thing I am able to think intimately about the idea of of having died at that point. When I was first able to experience that feeling it was pretty a little disconcerting - especially since I thought I had no fear of death. I found out that I do fear death to a certain extent; I think mostly because of how massive of an event it is. It made me realize how integrated into this world I am and how my physical disposal would affect the people around me.
11  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Re: Using a Wizards oracle, if you need answers to any of your questions........ on: November 04, 2007, 06:33:32
Hello volvonerd, thanks for offering free guidance Smiley

My question is personal in nature and it is this: What is the root of (in my view) my inadequacies in social situations?

Thanks much

brad
12  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Hypnogogia/Consciousness slip on: November 03, 2007, 08:01:46
Hi Selski!

What went wrong? honestly I think it's because it worked so flawlessly the first time that I get very giddy every time I use the same method. I have been working hard on flowing along, like you mentioned, and allowing things to unfold naturally.

I just thought of something right after I posted so I'll add it here, but you asked if I don't mind reminding myself that I'm dreaming what is stopping me, since I'll be saying it in my sleep - this gets at what I'm asking very much since at the point of the "consciousness slip" as I think of it, I can't think logically anymore and I seem to stop counting - even the first time it happened the transition was smooth enough for me to be counting 18, I'm dreaming; 19, I'm dreaming; then my mind started fluctuating and I decided there's no way I can hold onto a sequential order so I started saying random numbers and reminding myself that I'm dreaming so it became 24, I'm dreaming; 36, I'm dreaming; then after about 3 of these I was suddenly in a dream. So like you said - about 10-15 seconds for the whole process. From that experience the actual transition was about 3-5 seconds.

I appreciate an understanding between us on how long the images last and how they progress. Now that I think about it, the scenes *are* rapid at first then become more solid, like you mentioned. I think it's when the scenes become more stable and longer that I mess up, because like I mentioned before, I get excited and think wow! and snap back to waking consciousness. I really think this also shows a way in which I can make some progress, and that is actually focusing on the counting and "I'm dreaming" part, if I'm actually doing that - it's apparent that I'm focusing too much on the reactions of my senses and not the actual experience...which now that I think about it may be because I try hard not to fall asleep at these times; I believe it would be beneficial if I thought "who cares about falling asleep?" and just tried to ride those incoming thoughts as long as I could. I think I have been trying this a bit lately but now that I have actually thought about it outside of a near dream state, it might actually solidify cheesy

Hmm I *really* like your idea of grasping onto specific parts of a dream...I've never thought of that - I normally just wait for the dream to engulf my senses to the point that I'm fully dreaming. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that out.

I very much agree that we need to be passive observers...or maybe more of passive engagements - stay interested but don't get too stimulated...which I guess is probably what you meant by passive observers!  cheesy

Either way thanks for responding, it looks like we are at about the same place in this, so its good to hear how you have been dealing at this stage. This point I think is probably the most frustrating in that I feel like I am near dreaming lucidly often, but my mind is swaying back and forth so much that I can't keep it centered on one continuous track that is effective...sometimes I wake up thinking maybe I shouldn't be lucid dreaming this much undecided Nonsense! cheesy
13  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Hypnogogia/Consciousness slip on: November 01, 2007, 22:19:08
Hello all

I have been trying very hard recently to increase my lucid dreaming and I have found the absolute best time is when I have already slept for a good portion of the night. I usually when waking up press my snooze button a few times before I actually get up, so this is when I try to go lucid. The reason I find it easier to slip into a lucid dream at this time versus when I initially go to sleep is that I fall sleep way too quickly to be able to control anything, or I control is too much and not fall asleep forever lol.

I will first describe the process, then the question that I have. As I am falling back asleep I can feel myself getting closer and closer to sleep by noticing random thoughts & images coming at me (hypnogogia) and sense dissolvement. When it comes to my senses I am fine and only notice them when I'm flung back to waking consciousness from hypnogogia. If I try force or influence hypnogogic images, I am sometimes successful, though I havn't determined exactly what the reasons are. The best seems to be just letting images come at me, which leads me to my problem...

How can I stay conscious while hypnogogia is going full steam? It seems like from the time intense hypnogogia ensues, there is maybe 30 seconds max. before I am asleep. What I seem to be struggling with is separating myself from hypnogogia, while still falling asleep. I believe this is one of the reasons why I am normally not successful when making images in my mind to fall into - that is I keep one eye on the image and one eye on my consciousness. When I let the images come to me I am significantly more successful by most of the time I just fall asleep because I am overcome by them & I lose waking consciousness.

The reason why I have been investigating this so much lately is that I used a technique I read in LaBerge's "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming," which was magnificently successful - so successful, I would suppose, that the excitement of lucid dreaming in seconds causes some of the problems I mentioned above. The technique I'm taking about is really simple, all you do is count as you're falling asleep - 1, I'm dreaming; 2, I'm dreaming; 3, I'm dreaming, etc. until you are asleep and dreaming when you will say to yourself "32, I'm dreaming," and you'll actually be dreaming! The first time I used it was incredible, like the curtains to my dream has been opened; I went from falling asleep & sorting through hypnogia to fully dreaming with no break in consciousness.

So what I am wondering is, how do I manage this rough terrain? It seems like I either give in and fall asleep hoping I wake up in a dream (which I do sometimes) or lie there waiting to fall asleep because I've twisted my mind up so much that I can't even pass through the hypnogogic stage.

Thanks
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Elias Material - phasing related on: October 24, 2007, 23:55:01
I really like his deliver style as well as the content...he comes across as being very sincere & helpful in the transcriptions.

One thing I've always been confused by when people judge channelings, is whether they are legit or not. I'm not sure if it really matters - if you are a discernible reader and the material is bunk, then leave it...even if it's some person completely making things up and claiming the words came from the king of Kartesus 9 circling Polaris, but the material is very very good, who cares?

The only difference I can see is that it's a little more glamorous and exotic if it's a true channeling handing down information from separate entities in other dimensions, times or galaxies.

And I beleive that his all gets at what Gandalf is referring to here: If you actually think and cross check with other sources (including yourself!), you will find out what is true and what isn't, as there probably are fluctuations in all channelings, no matter how pure they claim the contact to be.

I think that with all channeled information there is some element of doubt due to data contamination, namely the beliefs and ideas held by the channeling individual, as well as others directly involved. Elias is the first to admit this.

Though I have to disagree with your last sentence, Gandalf....as much as I hate to bring this up because this group has kind of a bad rap, Mayatnik and his Zeta channeling group as far as I remember *always* told people not to take everything they say as fact, and to check other sources. Actually, the Zeta's themselves repeatedly told readers in various channelings to check for themselves to see if something that they say is true - going as far as giving a technique to check (pendulum), though one could use any divination tool, really.

Good stuff though, I'll have to check it out more when I get back from work.

Edit: Read through some of the stuff - Whoa, so much to read! LOL but one thing that stuck out was like I mentioned before, Elias' delivery; He says "so to speak" often, which I find myself saying (or similar phrases) when explaining things like consciousness and astral projection to friends - in a way sort of validates, for me,  his understanding of these things. I say this because when I use these phrases I have to use illustrations of "basic" understanding to get more abstract ideas across.

Edit2:
"I am not attaching this to Regional Area 2, for within Regional Area 2, just as within your dreams, there are many levels or areas; your language is very limited; in which connections take different paths."

Amen!
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Concentration on: October 18, 2007, 06:26:34
The method I started with and the one I use, unless experimenting with a simple mantra or the binaural beats, (that are still new to me), is to concentrate on the visual field, with eyes closed, and to not have a mental dialog.

I don't want to say, "not to have thoughts", because we're always thinking, but I think you know what I mean, to still the mind in other words. Mostly a basic process that I think most people here agree on.

This is really interesting...either I have a recently example of the subconscious effect on the conscious mind or I just happened upon this coincidentally. I'm not sure when this started exactly but within the past week or so I have began to "look" at the back of my eyelids while meditating, which seems to help focus my mind....though I didn't "remember" that you had said that since you edited your post so quickly and I just started doing it cheesy

Can you say that phasing is the closest to directly conscious projection without any blackout intervals? Although in my experience, I've consciously phased into the image of scenery, to the point of flying over terrain, but never direct consciously to floating around my room without some kind of transition through black first.

Well, like I said I'm not too experienced but from what I've read and experienced I really am not sure how one could phase into their immediate environment, or "real time zone" though I thought there was some clash between phasing and the RTZ recognized in standard conscious projection. Unless you randomly ended up there, I would think you would have to will yourself to your room or town or whatever and have the very careful intent (don't want to wake up!) to be at a stable "real" representative of "real life".....it's hard to try to figure out & explain this without discreet knowledge of and terms for different dimensions and reflections.

My experience agrees with yours though, I usually fade out for a bit then find myself in my room and from what I've read, esp. Robert Bruce's experiences, everyone starts in their bedroom and leaves, not astral ---> bedroom...I would think it would be incredibly hard not to end up at an astral representation of your room/house/city.

16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: I believe I just had my first OBE. Here is my experience. on: October 17, 2007, 01:43:46
Interesting experience, Ram...it's great when you remember every piece.

It seems weird to me, though, that you would wind up being in a place where you're not supposed to be, you know? It's not like you tried to really go *anywhere* during this. Maybe it's just a way of your fear manifesting in or being projected onto characters you encounter. If that's true then I wonder if the terminal was full of different people as aspects of yourself.
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: FREAKIN SWEET!!! THINK I HAD ONE! on: October 17, 2007, 01:39:08
lol, dude, I'm so jealous. I've been trying for like a month and a half, and I still havn't got out yet. This post gives me a bit more encouragment. Is it really as cool as everyone makes it out to be??

It is great, but IMO a lucid dream can be just as fulfilling, especially if you're new to either and lucid dreams are typically much easier to achieve.

18  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Snow on: October 17, 2007, 00:05:22
Interesting as I've experienced a few snow dreams as well the past 6 months or so and we won't have snow for about another month.

The first was completely lucid and I didn't try to control the scenery. I found myself standing on a snowy ground surrounded by gigantic trees and mountains. I just flew around and found a purple/blue portal atop one of the trees, but I didn't want to go in and lose awareness since it was one of my first lucid dreams...kind of regret not checking it out now though.

But I guess if you think about it we dream soooo much and it is usually pretty random, chances are you will dream about snow sometimes. Come to think about it, even in winter I don't dream about snow often, so I wouldn't expect dreams to always correlate to the current season.

If there really is a meaning, I would guess you feel overwhelmed or isolated in life...heavy snow is quite blinding like fog and can feel even more overwhelming when the flakes are bigger...if they are fantastically bigger i'd assume you would feel even more weighed down.

brad
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Concentration on: October 16, 2007, 23:34:49
Interesting! Thanks for the link awakened mind Smiley

I'll have to read up on Dr. Costello's actual report to get more specifics, but it sounds interesting.

I'll definitely try it out though..I mean 1.5 minutes a day? if you don't have the determination or time for that, then you're never going to project...or get anywhere in life, really.

This tech sounds similar to another that I was going to post last night but didn't have time. This has been covered in other threads as I've searched for it, but I recently purchased "Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha," by Swami Satyananda Saraswati and in it he describes Trataka. What you basically want to do is sit like you would in the example of Tibetan Zhine, comfortably but with an erect (not rigid) back with eyes gazing at the top of the wick of a lit candle an arms length away. Again try and keep the eyes from blinking, but after 1 minute or 2 when the eyes start to wander or get tired gently close them and focus on the after image of the candle flame. Try and stabilize it if it moves and when it goes away try and bring it back until it is gone for good...then go again 3 or 4 times total.

It is recommended that after the final round one ought to "palm" their eyes 2 or 3 times, which is explained in a previous section of the book. Before actually palming your eyes, rub your hands together vigorously until they are warm, then cover the eyes, making sure to use the palms of the hands and not fingers. Feel the warmth and energy flow from you hands into your eyes. When all the energy has been transfered the first round is complete.

Although it seems like many here don't like all the "extras" that come with religious techniques, I thought I was include the palming because the two concentration techniques I gave here mentioned how strange things can happen during the practice. For this reason I'll include the precaution by Satyananda...

"Trataka must be practised on a steady flame, so there should be no draught in the vicinity. The practitioner should always avoid undue strain. The ability to keep the eyes open without blinking should be developed gradually with consistent practice.
Trataka is an excellent method for clearing accumulated complexes, problems and suppressed thoughts from the mind, enabling the practitioner to witness what is surfacing. It is also possible, however, for these problems to manifest too rapidly which may be mentally disturbing. If this occurs, stop the practice and seek advice from an expert yoga teacher.
In case of eye ailments such as eyestrain, myopia, astigmatism and even the early symptoms of cataract, a black dot should be used instead of a candle flame."

"Epileptics should not practice trataka on a candle flame but should choose a totally steady object to gaze on."

He even mentions, like in Zhine, that anything can really be used, so choose carefully and then stick to that choice.

"Trataka may be practiced on any object of personal choice. However, it is not adviseable to do trataka on the moon, a crystal ball, a mirror or darkness as teh experience may be too powerful to handle. Avoid practicing trataka on the sun as the delicate membranes of the eyes may be damaged."

Despite his last sentence above, during the palming section he mentions how the practice can be enhanced by facing the rising and setting sun and feeling the warmth & light come through your hands, but don't look directly at the sun except a few moments when it is rising or about to set.

It seems like he's starting to describe sun gazing in the last part, which could be another, more intense version of trataka and a very good way to increase concentration, however it has been argued that there are vastly more important spiritual benefits. This is getting way off topic, sorry cheesy but I wish I could find an "official" text or technique on sun gazing.

Journey far!
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Concentration on: October 16, 2007, 06:36:59
Hey there IV....heh just noticed the abbreviation seems just as appropriate as the full - intravenus straight to the source Smiley

Anyway yeah I agree it is strange...and I can only speculate as to why. Most of all though, I just don't think many people want to try that hard...I suppose this has probably been covered in other threads too, but I never see any harm in reintroducing topics over time on internet forums because of the change in people's ideas and experiences and the flow of members.

Well either way I just ran into a method used to increase concentration in Tibetan Buddhism, which I think is incredibly relevant to this discussion since it is used to increase concentration of external objects during dreams. I originally found this technique in "Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep," by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, but here's a link to a site that explains it:

http://www.plotinus.com/zhine_tibetan_dream_yoga.htm

alright have fun now...
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Concentration on: October 12, 2007, 02:20:13
Hello!

I've been thinking lately that one's ability to concentrate must be the single most important factor in the out of body experience. While attempting to project and even after you project (probably even moreso!) one must "keep their eye on the prize," as they say. My experience with projection is limited but while I am out how well I am able to stay focused has an enormous impact.

I guess the main reason I'm posting this is because of the potential for people attempting fully conscious projections. During a period that I regularly attempted to project consciously, I would get close, my mind would start getting "out there" and my body would be falling asleep, but my mind would glitch and I would be shot back to my body and feeling major energy movements throughout. If I were able to have single-pointed awareness throughout the process I believe at least I, and I think this definitely would extrapolate to others, would have a much, much better chance of projecting consciously.

I fully realized the potential for this when I first listened to the gateway series and read through Frank's notes. Frank describes how many people try and use Hemi-Sync to get them to project just by letting it happen and hoping that they will just sudden shoot out, though he saw that as the wrong approach. What Frank tried to do with Hemi-Sync was to create his astral entry way while letting the bineural beats and the choreographed scenes help him make everything more "real" - by concentrating his efforts. In every single way, I realized that this technique was entirely dependent upon one's ability to concentrate, without wavering one bit, on what they were trying to do (create a path to the astral, in this case).

So instead of just throwing out a bunch of claims, I have thought of a few solutions, though anyone is free to add whatever they feel is relevant.

First of all - COMPLIMENT your projection efforts with a known technique to increase concentration and focus.

I stress compliment because it seems like many people want to just use one technique i.e. Hemi-Sync and work work work until it happens. I believe that if you work on getting accustomed to your preferred technique, while making your mind more focused, you will see results much sooner.

I personally am working on my ability to concentrate through meditation, which there are many forms of. The technique I am using comes from "Meditation," by Eknath Easwaran.

There are a few books that look like they've received good reviews at Amazon.com, but I have not read any in particular. Hopefully some others may have good recommendations.

Well, I guess that's all I really have for now...I'll do some searching on the web to see if I can find some reputable techniques.

Good luck!

SS
22  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: Throat chakra being "pulled" during meditation? on: August 18, 2007, 21:30:49
I'd have to agree with GOTHIKA that it's never been a good thing for me. It seems like when my chakras get "pulled" it gets so intense I feel like my whole energy body might melt down at that moment. The worst part is I've investigated it and tried to just give in or even encourage it but it never seems to do much.
23  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: third eye success on: August 09, 2007, 23:33:00
I don't even understand why someone would want their third eye open constantly. Most people that want to open their third eye would probably go insane if it stayed open. Only a handful of people probably have the personality & lifestyle that could deal with that.

Interesting about the paranoia comment also.
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: can I get into a deep trance by this? on: July 23, 2007, 09:01:31
I have this track by Anugama called "Shamanic Dance" which is just a slow continuous chant in the background with a drum being pounded at an even pace and a rattle further into the song with some flute action too...I listened to it before I went to bed the other day and I was able to get into a decent trance by listening to it.

I think like most things in life the best way for you to get into a trance will be found out by experimenting because everyone is different.
25  2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Welcome to 2012 and The Transition of the Ages / Re: The wave of the Red Dragon has started on the 3rd of June on: June 11, 2007, 06:44:09
Power of creation - power of beginning - power of trust

"Now is the best time to trust fate"

Wow no kidding!!

This energy has shifted into something incredible from the last wave. I decided when I woke up this morning that I would fast for the next at least three days but the way its going so far I might end up going for a week or more. The three powers at the top really are perfect descriptions of this event.

I'm definitely trusting fate as well - no fear - power of trust!

Funny thing is that after I told one of my friends whom I work with about my plans he told me about another co-worker of ours who just decided to go on an 11 day fast!

An then we have this....I checked the "kin of the day" for tomorrow when I starting my fast, and I just can't believe the parallel.

"Today I am inspired by my spiritual "SELF". I listen to my inner self and recall the memory of paradise. Today I do not force anything and don't coerce anybody to do anything. I won't use phrases like "Yes...but", "What's this all for?", "I know best". My body is a database. Today I take my blood pressure and measure my heart rate."

The last part of this really stood out as not only will I be fasting but I want to meditate often, do yoga, qigong, tai chi, read a lot, etc. One thing that sealed my decision to fast was that I don't have to work for the next three days, so I'll have plenty of time to *really* take my blood pressure and measure my heart rate!! lol

ahh life is amazing!

How is this one hitting you Hannah? You always seem to be in tune to these changes.

i hope you and everyone else is learning as much as they can from this  smiley

brad

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6