The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 06, 2021, 23:53:38

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
126  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Going deeper... on: May 07, 2003, 05:06:11
Well, I enjoy the peacefullness of it and the feelings I get during, so I want to shield them from, like I said, outside interference. I really don't know how to make it more enjoyable, hence the topic. I would like some suggestions, if possible, to help me to go deeper into my meditaion and get more "into" it, if that you know what I mean.
127  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / videos on: February 20, 2003, 04:14:34
First of all I would have to say this argument is pretty pointless. Nobody is convincing anyone of anything, but I have a few comments anyway.

Things in the metaphysical are very hard to prove, like religion. Imagine two groups of people, one group of devout catholics and one group of athiest, would they get anything accomplished? Its highly doubtful, the same goes for this thread.

I should probably say that I am more in favor of the belief in ki, just to set things straight. There is no reason for anyone to believe with 100% certainty that this video is false. Just the same there is no reason to believe the video is 100% true, which gives no one reason to be so condescending to their fellow forum-going friends.

I don't see the believers in this forum attacking the skeptics for the fact that they don't believe and why they don't believe, so I don't see a reason for the skepics to be delivering such brash remarks to the people that do believe.

This type of debate should be left for the integral philosophy forum.
128  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Energy raising helps with LD? on: January 15, 2003, 03:19:21
I'm pretty sure I have always heard that it increases lucidity. I have no personal experience with it, but it seems like it would be right. The only thing I'm not sure about is, when would you do it? I have always heard that energy work before bed keeps you up. Maybe you can raise it hours before you go to bed and it will still be there, I'm not sure.
129  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / HELP on: January 12, 2003, 18:26:37
Yeah I've almost completely made up my mind. I did some meditation on it and my thinking changed a lot, not by my decision. Now I'm pretty sure on going to college. I know almost exactly what I want to be and how to get there so I don't think I should be unprepared or have any other problems. Even if I were to be in the military I was for surely going to college afterwards and had already decided for what. Anyway, thanks for the input
130  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / HELP on: January 10, 2003, 01:53:29
Hmm...well I love learning and I want to have the capability of getting a higher paying job and the only logical way I can see accomplishing this is through going to college. When you say, "College was just a way to put off the responsibility of getting a real job...",what do you mean? I don't understand how you could realistically get a "real job" without some kind of degree or other education.

131  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Ahh base chakra and energy raising question on: December 11, 2002, 04:52:02
I thought I remembered reading in Astral Dynamics that you should raise energy into the base chakra and around the genital and onto the navel center. This is true and can be found on page 175 of AD. Robert says, "...direction stimulation is not advised.", in regard to the genital chakra. Not only can the base chakra be stimulated but, as Mr. Bruce puts it, "...is the most important primary center to stimulate," also he mentions, "Unless the base center is suffciently stimulated, energy may not flow strongly enough into the higher centers to enable any noticeable activation."

So, as far as I can see, you're doing everything right. Robert also says that significant energetic sensations are not necessarily going to take place.

132  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Dreaming and hypnagogic imagery on: November 25, 2002, 04:03:53
Alright, I THINK I'm starting to realize some hypnagogic imagery now but I need some verification. Like Paukki mentions, it seems to be more mental than sensory. Also, if I'm going to sleep and I start to see these things, then I wake back up again, I have a VERY hard time remembering what I was "seeing" (rather, thinking). Are these just random thoughts then, or is it hypnagogic imagery?

133  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Dream Walking on: November 25, 2002, 03:49:56
There is an article at the psipog website about this

Sounds pretty interesting but I have yet to become lucid in a dream!

134  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / sending energy as a way of saying hello.. on: November 19, 2002, 00:59:25
From all that I have read (but not tried), I would think if you could make a shield or energy field or whatnot large enough to get to them you could send an attention getting feeling with that shield. The only flaw I can see with this is getting the right shield up fast enough.

Too bad we're not all telepathic huh??

135  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Past life questions. on: November 09, 2002, 19:02:10
This is really interesting! It kind of makes me wonder about a lot of things in my life and how they could connect to past lives. How do you go about doing this? Is it during dreams or are you meditating?

and please do keep writing about your past lives, it's really neat.

136  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Moving energy on: October 30, 2002, 02:44:34
I have just started trying to store energy in my sub-navel storage area, so I'm no expert. This kind of got me thinking anyway, how would you take energy from your sub-navel storage area to different parts of your body? just awarness? imaging it flowing there? Also, since we're on this topic how do you know for sure you're getting energy into your storage areas? Thanks a ton!

137  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Moving energy on: October 29, 2002, 16:08:00
I see. That was kind of a long the lines of what I was thinking, but the thing that gets me is that, you draw energy into your body through the soles of your feet and the palms of your hand, right? so it just seems kind of weird that you would draw energy into your palms and direct it out through your fingers.

138  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Spirit Guides on: October 21, 2002, 00:44:24
I would assume that I should call out to my spirit guides to make them appear during meditation, right?

139  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Spirit Guides on: October 16, 2002, 04:34:53
Speaking of Spirit Guides, how can I meet or find out who my spirit guides are? I have read I think it was in a book by Sylvia Brown that you should ask you spirit guides to reveal themselves before you go to bed and eventually they will; is this right? Or is there another maybe faster, easier way? Thanks much

140  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / All this and evil on: October 16, 2002, 01:51:29
Well a lot of these religious friends are ones that I work with and that's it. Even most of my closer friends don't even know I do this, I would rather not say anything because it would just be a hassle. Before I really started talking to my work buddies about this I was about 100% confident that everything is all right, but they kinda lowered that. I'm still pretty confident though

I tend to beleive more that people just get stuck in certain ways of thinking and doing things so they think this is wrong. Then there is always that fear of the unkown, just like when people were trying to fly and they used baloons that went to other cities and villagers attacked the baloons thinking it was some evil spirit or something.

Another thing, and my closing statement, if this was such a bad thing and you had such a high probability of getting possessed, where are all the evil people hiding out at??

141  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / How do you achieve trance and body asleep? on: October 16, 2002, 01:23:34
I really have nothing to conrtribute here but I have a question dealing with meditation. I'm pretty sure that I can get into a light trance but it doesn't seem like I can get into a full trance. The thing i'm wondering is do you need to active your chakras to get into a decent level of trance? Maybe this is what i'm lacking? From what I can reach now I think I do get some energy flowing because my whole body is tingly.

142  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / What is this?? on: October 12, 2002, 20:10:17
I think I know what you're saying. I was actually going to make a topic on this myself becuase I want to know what it's all about too. What I do is I just kinda feel the energy coming into me, concentrating on it. LIke right now I'm have a really hard time doing it, but sometimes it's really easy. It's the same energy sensation that I get when i'm nearing a meditative state (or in one, i'm not sure). It's really hard to explain, the flexing muscle analogy was good. Sometimes when I do it certain parts of my body will jerk like my elbow or something, kind of like NEW, except with NEW it's mostly muscle spasms. Well that's about as good as I can do, maybe someone else can expand on this.

143  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / ahkashik records on: October 10, 2002, 03:12:20
I have a never ending thirst for knowledge so naturally I would love to be able to get to the akashic records, but I'm just getting started with meditation and that kind of thing. Once I'm able to project will it just be a matter of practice to be able to reach the akashic records?? Thanks much!

144  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / hypnotism, good or bad? on: October 09, 2002, 14:30:13
What about self induced hypnosis? I have a friend that is interested in this but I'm not so sure about his doing this. any suggestions?

145  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / bright green light on: July 18, 2002, 03:58:12
I was just paging through a book on colour the other day at the library and I remember it saying that blue is supposedly divine in some way. They said typically the paintings with mary or anyone religious have blue clothing on.

146  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Chakras and Meditation on: July 16, 2002, 01:27:03
So what exactly does stimulating chakras do? If Meditation takes care of [stimulating] chakras, then what is the point to learning to stimulate them? Thanks for your time

Brad

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]