The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 08, 2021, 13:38:25

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
51  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Is this a dream, RTZ or astral? on: October 09, 2006, 20:10:03
Hey all...quick question here

So for the past six months or so I have noticed taht when I take naps I will fairly commonly have lucid dreams, non-lucid intense dreams, or I will project. I most often will fall asleep then "wake up" about to leave my body or else already in my room. It seems like I actually have already left my body though, because I normally just float away.

In order to undrstand my question I will explain what just happened to me. I just got up from a nap and I had an experience. I "woke up" in my room, though "whoa cool!" and floated around, looked at things. As I looked around it seemed kind of hard for me to look and things weren't looking right. I also had a somewhat hard time moving at times. As my lucidity decreased, I think I went through some walls and into other rooms in the house. All those things seem to be common in my experineces: "wake up" outside of body, things seem not real, have a hard time moving, etc. Oh yeah and when this happens, I usually "project" several times in a row, e.g. "wake up," lose lucidity then "fall asleep" or whatever, then either wake up for real or "wake up" again, etc. I usually have about...3, i think, on average.

I have come to the conclusion this is probably an astral realm, but there's also the lingering question of it being a lucid dream, which then gets us into the "is dreaming astral projection?" debate.

SO! lol what I am wondering is what exactly is happening, what "realm" am I in and how can I make the most of these experiences? Thank you so much!

brad
52  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: Auric Sight on: October 07, 2006, 22:52:46
Yeah I definitely hope to be able to see auras any time I want to, that would be nice.

I'm a little bit sceptical of that story..i mean there is still the possibility of changing paths when it comes to sudden things like that. Instead of them all plummeting to their deaths, what if the guy convinced them to get off? Would their auras magically come back? ehhh I dunno. I think it mostly conveys a general concept about auric sight.
53  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: Auric Sight on: October 05, 2006, 09:46:30
One thing that I don't understand about auric vision and I pretty much refuse to believe in is that when you blink it goes away...ok is this not a "psychic vision"? Isn't this being "seen" by something other than our eyes? (chakra(s))....At least for me, when I blink I lose mental focus for a second, but I feel like I still have it, like I havn't lost the link.
54  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: Auric Sight on: October 03, 2006, 08:18:27
Lucid Learner, I think we're kind of in the same boat. All summer long I would be distracted by trying to see my math teachers aura, instead of focusing on the lessson! What I started to see from her was what you described, it was a bright/sparkly/luminous haze around her head and seemed to jump up about 8 inches above her head and trailed like what you described. When I was first seeing her aura move with her I thought this was strange then I just accepted it.

One thing that definitely helps me is something that Robert Bruce mentions, but I'd just like to say how it works for me. Touching or scratching the area of your 6th chakra can help the stimulation immensely, at least for me. Sometimes I would just act bored and touch my 6th chakra with my pencil and immediately I'd feel tons of pressure on that area and through my head. I have to concentrate pretty hard to get it to stop, but it doesn't seem to change the auras, which confuses me.

Oh and I thought it was strange the poster that said auric sight isn't all it's cracked up to be....I think you may have a misguided intent for the use of auric sight.
55  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Astral conversation. on: October 21, 2005, 21:04:47
mrloki, would you like to expand on how that effects people interacting with astral entities?
56  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Random stuffed animal projection on: October 21, 2005, 21:00:23
That's pretty crazy. Good thing you had enough confidence to rid of the cloak 'n dagger. Makes me really happy I havn't had any scary astral experiences yet.

brad

edit: This reminded me of learning about hypnosis in psychology. Mesner, I think, is the guy that started it all. He couldn't hypnotize people that had never seen it done to anyone else. In the astral, like everyone says, like attracks like. If one had never heard of scary things happening while projecting, would they ever get scared?
57  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Finally!! I got out, But what the??? on: October 21, 2005, 20:50:51
Jo'ogn - I guess I never really thought about that many possibilities, thanks for the eye-opener.

As for time, the fact that there could somewhere possibly be only "now-time" isn't all that confusing, but what gets me is the purpose. I can imagine on earth linear time is almost necessary, but how can anything get done "up above" if time "doesn't move" ? I guess this is where my idea of "all time happening at once" breaks down until we reach "god-likeness." I think we'll have to move through a decent amount of "realms" or "dimensions," whatever you would want to call them, before we get to that point. I'm sure time will change after we die, but IMO it won't be suddenly happening all at once.

brad
58  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Finally!! I got out, But what the??? on: October 20, 2005, 20:29:41
Wow guys! Thanks Newb for bringing this up! I posted a similar situation in OBE experiences last week and got no responses.

Last week I projected into what I thought was the RTZ but after lifting off my "bed" I floated over a baby sitting on the floor, stumbled into my closet then saw my reflection from a non-existent mirror across the room. I walked back into my room and noticed there was stuff *everywhere* on the walls! it was *insane*! I live in a fairly old house - built early in the 1900's I think? (it still has "skeleton key" locks on all doors) my room is pretty small also. It's close to a college campus so I'm sure tenets change often, which could explain all the stuff.

Could it be that I was sensing this child who used to live in my room? Also why do you guys think I was stumbling everywhere? after I got out of my closet I wanted to try and stick my hand through the door and had to stumble over that way. My motor skills could be likened to being drunk, but not real bad.

Newb that sounds like a really neat update on the "rolling out" method, which is what I have always used. It sounds more precise than rolling out. I'll keep it in mind, thanks! Smiley

Brad
59  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Guides, space & books oh my! on: October 19, 2005, 06:25:01
Hey Zante! thanks for the thoughts

As for my guides, I really want to meet them in "real life" so that I can get it *straight from them* how I can be in contact with them on the physical plane. That is what I am obsessing over, not actually meeting them (although it would be really neat).

Are you pretty much saying that the summer of 2003 may have been an important part of my life? as in "my akashic records" is the record of everything that's happened to me? (that's what I got out of the kryon link and from what I've read about the akashic records.)

I thought about this after my experience and couldn't come up with anything solid. I graduated from high school in 2003, but it hardly affected my life. I kept working at the grocery store that I worked at throughout high school, until I started college in the fall. My friends and I are still really close. I can't really think of anything.

BTW this happened in 2004 on thanksgiving day.

I understand the concept that they will come to me when it's time, but I'd still like to make a little headway, at least, you know?

Appreciate the ideas! Cheesy

Brad
60  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Guides, space & books oh my! on: October 18, 2005, 07:58:08
Heyy everybody!

A while ago I had a pretty interesting projection, which I still don't understand. I was taking a nap after eating a thanksgiving meal and "woke up" during the nap Realizing what was going on, I rolled out of my body. Once my body got to the point where it would have hit the floor everything when black and I was flying through space. Strangely enough I could feel air hitting my face and I could hear it going past my ears. I saw stars and galaxies like in hubble pictures. I was amazed but realized that this was a perfect opportunity to try and contact my spirit guides. I said outloud "I want to meet my spirit guides." I immediately stopped and there was a giant book (~10') infront of me titled "summer 2003." It was brown and I got the impression it was a journal, but I don't keep a journal and havn't ever kept one. I thought for a while, confused, trying to understand this. I made my statement again, and was shown another book, which was blue with orange letters titled something along the lines of, "the only way to understand love is to feel it"; long title, i know! I tried to understand it but got confused and eventually woke up. huh

Do you guys think that my guides are trying to say I need to learn more before I meet them, or....??  I would really like to understand this because I am pretty intent on meeting my guides "in person."

Thanks! Cheesy

Brad
61  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Materializing from AP on: October 14, 2005, 01:09:50
Hi there interesant

It sounds more like your friend did something called bi-location (see the thread entitled "sor maria de agreda, historic case of bilocation"), more than anything. I personally have never heard of anyone materializing OOB, though I'm not saying it's impossible.  By the lack of responses I think many people here would agree with me.

In regard to bi-location I've only read of people who are extremely devout to their religions having this capability.  Only two come to mind, excluding sor maria de agreda.

much love,
Brad
62  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / got in some SP this morning, heard a voice too on: October 14, 2005, 00:51:50
All right nick, apparently your thought system works and mine works as well, so we'll leave it at that. If you don't understand after the information I just gave you, I'm not going to continue to argue about this.  

brad

p.s. jay dawg if you have anymore questions feel free to ask and sorry for digressing your thread.
63  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral or RTZ? tek's & Q's on: October 13, 2005, 19:29:20
Ah, that is a good question.

Well I suppose not everyone uses these terms the way I do, but when I speak of concentration, I mean concentration on my activity of out of body awareness and I speak of focus as keeping that activity clear, like focusing our eyes. Like I mentioned, when my focus goes downhill, I'm still engaged in an activity leading my awareness outside my body, but I'll start having random thoughts.

Hope that helps. Thanks

Brad
64  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / got in some SP this morning, heard a voice too on: October 13, 2005, 19:21:10
Ohhhk this is getting rediculous. There is a definite difference between Sleeping Paralysis/NIGHT TERRORS and your body being paralyzed due to trance. I am now going to quote from Astral Dynamics, to illustrate my point.

Waking paralysis (also called sleep paralysis) is extremely common: you wake up paralyzed, or suddenly become paralyzed while relaxing or trying to get to sleep - but while still awake. Most people will probably experience it at some time. This can be terrifying, as the cause is always unknown at the time. Paralysis is a well-known symptom associated with out-of-body experience; natural projectors will, more often than not, be found to suffer frequent bouts of waking paralysis throughout their lives, especially during their teens and twnties. I was plagued by it during my childhood, teens and twnties. It slowly lessened in frequency over the years, but only after I began regular energetic development and learned how to project in my early twenties....The two most popular theories are dissociation and spontaneous projection.

Entering the trance state brings the first symptoms of dissociation; the deeper the trance state attained, the more difficult movement becomes. But dissociation brought on by the trance state comes on slowly, in degrees, over many minutes. Waking paralysis, on the other hand, comes on very swiftly, usually within only a couple of seconds. And I have never experienced full waking paralysis during trance, not even during the virtual catalepsy of the deep-trance state.

You guys are getting confused between actual sleep paralysis, and your body being paralyzed due to deep relaxation.

Very often, for not apparent reason, people will either suddenly become paralyzed while relaxing, or while trying to fall asleep, or they will wake up to find themselves paralyzed. Everything is quiet and they have no major projection-related sensations (vibrations or rapid heartbeat); they just find themselves suddenly and inexplicably paralyzed.

Most paralysis episodes, in my opinion, happen after the projection exit has occurred.

While some waking-paralysis victims claim to succeed at converting it into a projection, the vast majority fails to do so.

If paralysis is caused by a projection already in progress, as I suggest, then it would obviously not be possible to have another projection at that same time. This may accoutn for the extremely high failure rate of attempts to convert waking paralysis to OBE.

Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce, pgs. 87-88,90.

If you have any more questions, please, just read the chapter in AD entitled "Waking Paralysis," on page 87.

Cheers

brad

edit: Nick, there is a person on these boards who can apparently consciously project while being fully awake
65  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Space Travel. on: October 13, 2005, 07:23:49
That's really neat TishAnna, you should draw a picture of what you saw....would be fascinating.

brad
66  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / got in some SP this morning, heard a voice too on: October 13, 2005, 01:16:47
Hey nick, maybe I shouldn't have tried to be modest. I am positive that in Astral Dynamics Robert Bruce mentions something about how he doesn't know any way to project from sleep paralysis, as defined in AD.

I realize that one will be paralyzed once he projects, but the sleep paralysis this man is talking about is usually accompanied by unfounded fear and possibly even shadowy figure(s) near the body who in some cases are even holding the person down.

If you would like me to provide some citations, I would be happy to.

much love
Brad
67  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Applying Knowledge Gained OBE to one's profession on: October 12, 2005, 23:06:27
Has anyone done this??

Once my out of body skills are good enough and I'm out of college I'm going to spending a lot of time in the akashic library, for sure.

Has anyone come up with something even semi-revolutionary in their field of study through out of body experiences and well even lucid dreams?

I would think all the projecting physicists out there would be very keen on this!

When I become a neurochemist I will do all I can, physically and astrally to revolutionize my field. Smiley

I heard or read somewhere that the man who came up with correct design for the benzene ring found in in one of his dreams!

Brad
68  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / How can I protect myself?? on: October 12, 2005, 22:54:40
Well there has been quite a bit of discussion in regard to how long one can stay in the RTZ. I'm assuming it's possible but pretty hard to pull off, esp. for an extended period of time. And if you actually were doing something private he might not be able to hold his concentration for long.

I would opt for my first idea, though.  And Stookie's reinforcement.

And also like mctombs mentioned, there are probably all kinds of things that we can see spying on us. Well not "spying" but just doing their things.

brad
69  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral or RTZ? tek's & Q's on: October 12, 2005, 22:43:16
Is my post too long?? dang I was worried about that...well whoever's interested I have a question about what happened to me this morning. I'll keep it short Wink

I was meditating, doing different teks to get my awareness outside my body. Felt my legs being lifted up, then I just started focusing on the lights moving around in my minds eye and I felt a strong pull from my feet and my body started getting really numb. I felt slightly nauseous and I felt like my body was sitting in a mold. My eyelicks were flickering like crazy and my cheeks felt like they do after I laugh for a really long time. Any ideas?

much love

brad
70  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Waking Life on: October 12, 2005, 22:34:38
I saw it a few weeks ago with some friends. It's actually about lucid dreaming, because the whole time he walks around thinking "am I dreaming?" and he talks to characters that don't really say anything (see: dream characters).

I thought it was completely about philosophy. They talk about philosophy the entire movie; it's just that he's lucid dreaming a lot of it. I didn't have any weird experiences after it, nor did any of my friends. I assume if one isn't used to things regarding lucid dreaming or astral projection or even philosophy it might provoke a stronger response.

Also what you do, see, listen to before you sleep can and many times does effect your dreams. I've read about astral projection before sleeping and projected. I've watched a movie before bed and dreamed about the movie.

brad
71  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral Projection and World Peace..... on: October 12, 2005, 20:58:20
Well, I got here kind of late but anywho...here we go!

Someone mentioned at the beginning that would peace would be dull because we would all be the same. I thought that same way several years ago, but something happened...I think it was when I really started to be a more compassionate individual and really started hoping for peace that I realized peace would be far from boring. Imagine peace on a small scale; a night where none of your friends fight, isn't that great? We would all retain our individuality, it's just everyone would be good to each other.

IMO, sin can be translated into karma, or atleast that's roughly how I think of sin as. When I think of sin I think it as an act that gets punishes for, which seems like a test, of sorts, administered by God. When I think of karma, it seems to fit better with what goes on here on earth - learning.  

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I am really nice and compassionate to people, I notice a *huge* difference in how other peolpe treat me, even if I'm not being overly nice.  Especially vice versa, if I treat people poorly, I notice an ever bigger difference in how I'm treated by other people.

For the person that mentioned people striving for peace are dreamers, I feel the same way as the late John Lennon about that. From "Imagine" by John Lennon:

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

I like to read this as "Each person walks their own path but everyone's goal is the same. When we all have gone through the same things, we'll meet back home."

The idea that one must know evil before seeing the good reminds me of another quote, actually, by a famous man named Frederick Nietzche and goes something along the lines of "If a trees branches reach to heaven, it's roots surely reach to hell." Which, I think, Illustrates this pretty well.

This is where IMHO, reincarnation comes in. I have not had a violent past, but I am striving for a peaceful world; where did I learn it? I'm sure many of us have gone through lives of both extremes, and probably everything inbetween.

all right that's enough for now

brad
72  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / How can I protect myself?? on: October 12, 2005, 20:09:42
If he is really a friend of yours you should be able to simply ask him to leave you alone while he is out and about. Friendship includes respect & trust, you know.

Brad
73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / got in some SP this morning, heard a voice too on: October 12, 2005, 20:05:21
hey jay

"achieved" sleep paralysis? From my experience, sleep paralysis is nothing to hope for. My SP episodes have always been either annoying or really scary. After I got through the original fear I was just annoyed that I was stuck like I was.

I don't know if one could project or start a lucid dream from sleep paralysis, but that would be very interesting if it is possible. All the times I've woken up paralyzed, I either woke up eventually or went back dreaming.

I think I remember Robert Bruce saying in AD that he hasn't found or heard of a way to do anything from sleep paralysis.

Brad
74  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral or RTZ? tek's & Q's on: October 11, 2005, 21:39:53
ohhhk well, here's the thing: Yesterday I was having a semi-lucid dream I guess is the best thing I can think of. Technically it wasn't but, it sort of was. I fell asleep creating my dream and I think during the dream I didn't realize I had completely fallen asleep so I was still thinking that I was creating this dream. Anywho, one thing led to another and suddenly I found myself taken back to my body, which was experiencing a dramatic increase in vibrations. I thought, "here we go!" Cool and just waited. My third eye was fluttering a lot then I started to hear a lot of voices, which I thought was kinda neat.

Everything stopped after the voices and I felt myself slide out, so I hovered backward and off of my bed, hit the ground and stumbled into my closet, seeing a mirror across the room (which doesn't exit), once I stopped. I was really, really unbelievably excited and I thought I was in the RTZ, so stumbled over to the door to put my hand through it, which failed Sad I remembered reading in AD that you might have to clear your mind and do things like that, so I decided I didn't want to spend this entire time trying to get out of my room, since my room was incredibly strange. My bed was in a 90 degree angle to it's real position, there was a tv and stand at the foot it, etc. TONS of random stuff. I just stood there and wondered what all this was. I then remembered that I read in AD that new projectors should keep their OBE's short, so I looked for a while longer and woke myself up.

SO! was this an astral representation of my room? I didn't think the RTZ can switch so quickly. It was almost the second I left my bed I realized something was awry as I floated over a baby sitting on my floor before I myself landed on the floor. There's no baby in my room, or in the house.

Ok now these tek's I've been working on. It seems like this is the way it's going: If I imagine myself walking somewhere in real life, something that I can imagine in detail I always get snapped back feeling, I think vibrations. If the feeling that led up to my projection yesterday were truely vibrations, then these must be vibrations, and it also seems like I can feel vibrations any time of the day, keeping this all in line.

The times that I've meditated trying to relax myself to make a conscious exit, I feel a "buzzing" I guess, in my body, that increases the deeper I go.  The best example I can give of this feel is sort of like the body buzz one feels after a few beers, but with a sober mind.  So these times that I get snapped back this "buzzing" or possibly vibrations, is really intense. So I thought Ah hah! Cheesy I am leading my awareness outside my body when I do this, correct? Is this feeling really vibrations then? it doesn't seem that spectacular. I can actually sit here and...well the best way I can describe it is "flex" my energetic muscles and I feel that sensation. I thought vibrations were a little harder to come by? huh

If this is all right so far, I have come to the conclusion that I need to work on my concentration and focus. If I stay concentrated on the action I'm thinking of outside my body, my focus will go downhill, eventually. I'll start having random thoughts, etc. I'll just kind of "loose it," if you know what I mean.

I think this exact same tek could work for a lucid dream as well. I was actually experimenting with it this morning. I start something in my imagination, trying to stay concentrated and focused, and sometimes It will suddenly snap into feeling exactly like real life (is this when the real dream begins?)  and I'll loose my concentration. Sometimes it takes a little while, I'll retain my concentration, but my focus will quit on me and I'll start having random dream thoughts rolleyes

The reason why I have lumpted these two techniques together is it seems like they require the same things: concentration and focus. If I have been right all the way now, how do I increase my concentration and focus? Even if I'm attempting the AP tek I seem to loose my focus easy because I'm so relaxed. I think it could turn into a dream pretty easily. But if my focus stays intact, most of the time my concentration will eventually fail, which when I get snapped back, feeling like I'm about to leave my body. I  never have had a conscious exit, but there have been times where I *think* I have come very close, e.g. I feel like I'm floating, this "buzzing" or vibrations are increadibly intense, sometimes my chakras are going wild, etc. How far do I have to go from that point?

Oh btw that was my second full conscious OBE, mind you not conscious exit, but just a conscious OBE. I've had other ones that pretty much went haywire, but this one I knew exactly what was going on. And my first one I started out flying through space, which is why I assumed I was in the RTZ for this second one.

Thanks so much for at least taking the time to read this! Smiley Thoughts and Opinions are welcome too Wink    

Brad
75  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Chi and Meditation,etc. on: September 13, 2003, 01:56:23
Hello all,
I was just wondering if you have more chi you're experiences in meditation are better or if you have less they will be worse. Basically, does the level of chi in our bodies dictate our metaphysical activity?

Brad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6