The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 08, 2021, 13:10:22

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27
51  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Are we Gods?? on: January 12, 2015, 12:46:37
In my view we are Gods in the sense that we are made from the 'stuff' of God.  There is a place within us that is pure love and humility.  A few on earth including myself have experienced this in it's fullness.  When in this state you cannot even conceive of harming another.  I'll call this the heaven experience.  Now switch gears to the earth experience. The overwhelming love is gone.  Well, not gone... it comes and goes here and there, but at a much lower strength.  It is a shadow of what it was in the heavens.  Why the dial down?  To present us with the opportunity to choose.  Choosing to serve ourselves at the expense of others is a pretty easy choice when you're not actively feeling the love.  Of course the greed eventually catches up with us and the pain begins.  In time, both the pain of selfishness and the pleasure of the 'God within' shining through and inspiring us on occasion teach us to choose empathy.  People do change.  I see it all the time.  Empathy is contagious.  The end result of our journey is an evolution to an even deeper, wiser, richer love than we started with in the heavens.  We start with the love of innocence and end with the love of experience.  Kind of like comparing a sweet innocent child to an older man who has sacrificed much for his beloved family.

Anyway, this world certainly seems like a hell whole, but we should not loose sight of our purpose here.  The opportunity to choose to show love when selfishness seems to be all over the place is precious and we should value our time on the earth where this polarity exists.  It doesn't seem like the good we do here makes a difference but it does.  A seed planted takes time to grow.

52  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: the hush sound on: January 12, 2015, 10:23:40

One of my favorites is having a meaningful question on my mind and pulling a random book off the shelf, flipping to a random page and resting my finger wherever it wants to settle; the corresponding sentence or paragraph often has a significant message for me.

You too?  smiley

littlesarah, the Divine is always communicating with us.  We just need to learn to listen.  Getting in touch with your natural intuition will reveal amazing things!  smiley
53  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Re: Bruxism - getting the subconscious to stop grinding teeth at night... on: January 12, 2015, 08:45:55
I have a similar problem on and off.  I bite my tongue and inside of my cheeks hard enough to create wounds.  This happens when something stressful is going on in my life or even when I'm having an exiting AP or dream.

I've had great luck with giving myself a command before bed.  Say something like, "I will completely relax my jaw all night long.... I will sleep in peace."   Now FEEL your jaw relax as you're drifting off to sleep.

I works great if you believe it will.  Good luck!  Smiley
54  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: How Can I Experience Conscious Sleep Paralysis More Often? on: January 11, 2015, 02:35:48
Welcome to the Pulse, Astral Stalker.   smiley

To induce sleep paralysis, go to bed at your normal time and set alarm for 4 hrs. later. (I get up 6 hrs. later but you might want to start with 4 in case you find your mind too awake and body too restless after 6 hrs.) Stay up and read or do something else that engages your brain for 1 half hr.  Then lie back down, relax and don't move anything including your eyeballs.  This is the key to tricking your body into believing it's asleep, and you will experience a feeling like a heavy blanket is on you. -Probably other signposts as well like noises or visual imagery.  When you get to the point where you have very little awareness of your physical body, you can try a separation technique. (You'll probably know when it's time to do this - it literally feels like you've changed dimensions)  Explore the site -there's many separation techniques to choose from.  Or instead of separating, you can just wait and if all goes well you'll end up somewhere.

Also, during this process, you may want to use a mantra to help keep your mind as empty of thoughts as possible.  Good luck!
55  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Vibrations are Scary! on: January 10, 2015, 21:00:24
Ha -Ha  I'm the opposite. I usually project from an awake state rather than through dreams.  I always wished it was the other way around because of the scariness of the exit.  If you do it enough, all the signposts including the vibrations get less prominent and eventually won't bother you anymore.  I actually miss the strong vibrations now.  They can be kind of therapeutic once you accept them and relax into them.
56  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: hi all. :) on: January 10, 2015, 11:41:51
Sounds like you're doing great!  It also sounds like you have an invisible helper or two that have decided that it is 'your time.'

Misplaced furniture is very typical.  Smiley

Sometimes after you have a few, in your excitement to have more you may try to 'force it' which never works.  Make sure to stay calm and allow whatever is going to happen to happen.  It doesn't always happen when you want it to, but with practice, patience and faith in the process that has begun, you will be having many more.
57  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Methods to achieve AT? on: January 10, 2015, 02:34:12
Phasing is when you have an OBE from a conscious state.  You never loose consciousness.  You go directly from 'here' to 'there'.  Your focus exercises are preparing you for that.  I personally don't think about different focus levels.  I just lie down and practice going into the trance that will take me into the non-physical realms.  I do this by focusing softly (this is called the 'noticing' technique) on the little spots of light or color moving behind my closed eyelids.  Sometimes I also use a manta to keep the thoughts away.  You'll feel the trance deepening, and when it is very deep and you no longer have awareness of your physical body or have very little awareness of your physical body, you can do the rope technique if you like.  I prefer the roll out technique or just stand up and go.  Climbing a rope was always very difficult for me in phys. ed. class, so I already have a sort of mental prejudice against it. lol   You want to go with something that seems easy to you -nothing you're going to have a mental block against.   Smiley
58  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: I guess it's time to stop lurking on: January 09, 2015, 18:21:12
I do accept the dream thing as being connected to a true OOBE, but only in the same way I would accept a pop-tart as a substitute for sirloin steak.  rolleyes

Well, I can't argue with that!  cheesy   There's no comparison on the 'sense' level.  But some of my dreams have had a life changing spiritual content so in that way I put them right up there in status with OBEs.
59  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: I guess it's time to stop lurking on: January 09, 2015, 09:40:27
For me, the ability to confirm whether there is a God (preferably a loving one!) to whom humans can somehow relate would blow absolutely E V E R Y T H I N G else out of the water in terms of importance. EVERYTHING.

My personal experience was so real that in fact for the longest time I refused to consider 'lucid dreaming' or any other descriptions of OOBE's that included the word "dream" as true OOBEs.  
Still don't. grin

Loving God experience - It absolutely does blow everything else out of the water!  Even your hyper-real OBE will be nothing in comparison.  I speak from experience.  I've been in the presence of God/ merged with God many times and at this point there is no more to wish for or desire.  You can not.  You are complete and perfect love. You are also completely and perfectly loved. It's indescribable. 

The reason you and possibly projector4life don't accept the dream thing as connected to the true OBE is that you have not had enough experiences to understand the 'sliding scale of lucidity.'  When you have your first experience that begins with a low level of lucidity (you will experience this as dreamy) and then you are able to bump up your lucidity by touching, seeing, hearing etc. the dream environment, and actually experience the environment becoming sharp and hyper-real before your very eyes, you will understand better the dream/OBE connection.

My first ones were absolutely hyper-real/blow me out of the water experiences, and then I had a few dreamier ones.  I learned how to change the dreamy ones into crystal clear by bumping up my lucidity.  Now 98% of mine are fully lucid crystal clear just like my first ones.  When I joined the forum I was told not to judge things too much before I had many experiences under my belt.  This was sound advice.  Much will become clear once you've had a bunch of them.   wink
60  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: hi all. :) on: January 09, 2015, 02:59:58
Welcome Jason!  Smiley   Your story is very much the typical way OBEs happen.  The fact that you felt a pull is a little more rare although it certainly does happen.  Often the pull happens after a person actually asks to be helped out of body.  Some people have spontaneous OBEs like you do and many more have to work long and hard to obtain them and would love to be in your shoes!

Are you by chance sleeping on your back because of your back brace?  I just ask because OBEs tend to happen more readily when one sleeps on their back.
61  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hi everybody! on: January 07, 2015, 22:39:58
Welcome Jeronimmo!  Practicing meditation/focus is great practice for AP.  Also I would not recommend eating many carbs/sugars anywhere around the time you phase.  They'll make you too sleepy.
62  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Methods to achieve AT? on: January 07, 2015, 22:33:40
The vibrations are not necessary.  They often do present themselves when you are a beginner at AP.  People who have more experience don't tend to experience them as much.  But there are no rules in any of this.  Some people may never experience them.  Some may always. 

If you experience just a hint of them, you may use your mind to increase them.  Just imagine them spreading through out your body and increasing in power.  When they feel like they are at full power, go ahead and separate from your body.

If you don't feel any, no worries.  Chances are you'll feel some kind of exit sign.  Almost always (unless I'm doing a visualization technique which tends not to have exit signs) my visual field changes to a kind of grainy dynamic movement and there's just a feeling of being 'on your way' somewhere.  When I first started there was a loud whooshing sound along with it.  But that isn't present anymore for me. 

When you get to the point of getting a distinct feeling you're in another room or place (you either see another place, hear a conversation taking place, or you just 'know' it) you can separate.

I recommend phasing after 6hrs. of sleep.  So if you go to bed at 10, phase at 4 am.  It's pretty easy to keep your mind awake with 6 hrs. of sleep behind you.  Your body will know it still needs more sleep, though, so MABA (mind awake body asleep) should be readily achievable. 

Good luck!  smiley
63  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: I guess it's time to stop lurking on: January 02, 2015, 02:58:18
Welcome Scott.  Glad you could join us.  Just a tip for vibrations - Mild vibrations (even the tiniest hint of them) can be turned into full powerful vibrations with your mind.  Affirm that you will now project, lie still and relaxed, and when you feel the tiniest energy sensations (mild vibrations) in any part of your body, imagine them increasing and spreading to your whole body.  When the vibrations are at full, go ahead and separate. This may not be difficult for you considering you have already felt strong vibes once and so remember the sensation. 

I actually used that technique last night and went OOB twice.

Also, know that you don't HAVE to feel vibes in order to project.

Best of luck in your journey!
64  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: i have a current problem on: December 23, 2014, 11:42:58
First, rule out a physical problem.  If you're concerned, go the doctor and have it checked out.

You can feel pain during AP or the hypnogogic state before you project.  It's not a usual thing, but could be in response to fear and negativity in your subconscious.  If that's the case, mind control is the answer.  Don't accept the pain as part of your reality.  Decide that it is gone immediately and continue on with a mindset of health, love and a positive attitude.
65  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: Need list of power sources that can be used both physically and metaphysically on: December 22, 2014, 01:23:58
When you address the forces themselves... "things" happen.

I don't claim to know mechanisms or wherefores of it all. How it works... I would be only be pitching wide guesses. But address that you would like to court directly, and with fullest sincerity, and it will answer if it is equipped to do so.

Yes. This is it.  It works.  For myself, I address God because in my mind and according to my faith, this means that I'm opening myself to receive the wisest and most loving forces working on my behalf, and closing the door on everything else.  I always get an answer when I do this.  The only time I don't is when I know I'm trying to force something that really isn't resonating with the direction my life is going at the time.
66  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: memory overwrite on: December 20, 2014, 13:19:43

Hmm I see....good advice.

For me, I don't have much time after a projection to re-project, if you know what I mean. Wouldn't making mental notes as soon as your consciousness faces back wake you up enough to spoil ( or make harder ) your next projection attempt? Well, I think it probably would for me...I'll give it a go though...

Well, the mental notes during the projection and (if you are able to phase back into body more slowly than abruptly) right before and during re-entry don't affect my next projection.  Once I'm back in body, however I give myself just about 5 seconds for one last 'think' and to decide whether or not to risk projecting again.  Any more than about 5 sec. would probably affect my ability to project again.  It might be just the time you need to solidify a few important memories, though.
67  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: memory overwrite on: December 19, 2014, 12:18:14
Nothing really except taking good mental notes during the experiences and trying to 're-enter' your body slowly, thinking about important points of the projection while doing so.  Even doing that I usually loose all or most of the second one.  The first and last I usually remember well.  In the moment before I project again, I make a decision about whether there was good enough material in the projection I just had.  If there was anything truly special about it, I won't project again -at least right away.  For me it's not worth the risk of loosing the memory.
68  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Saying hello and have a few questions! on: December 18, 2014, 08:46:46
Universal laws I have experienced -  Thought creates.  Anything you need, desire, imagine, believe in  -anything that resonates with you will become your reality.  Experiencing this instantaneously in non-physical reality can really awaken one to assess their beliefs and get rid of the ones that don't serve them.  Those who resonate with fear and anger get a real quick lesson in this when they AP!  If love is what resonates with you then you can experience the most amazing life changing love and bliss in the NP.  To me, this is God.  I also like what you said about God being creativity/imagination and us being a manifestation of that!  Smiley

There seem to be different realms with different rule sets (just like our physical world has rules) in he NP.  So say you find yourself in a certain reality and you want to experience love -or the 'super love' as I sometimes call it.  You may not be able to experience it there if it doesn't happen to be part of the 'rules' of that world.  That's why I pray/hold intent for what I want to experience before I project.  It gives me a much better chance of landing in a realm with a rule set that matches what I desired.
69  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Hi!! Im new to the forums and have an interesting question on: December 17, 2014, 12:16:27
Yup!  I used to get the 'bees buzzing' in my head- now usually just pressure in my crown or third eye.  Just energy sensations -nothing to worry about!  smiley
70  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Saying hello and have a few questions! on: December 17, 2014, 12:07:44
Hi and Welcome!  smiley     I can relate to your problem of being 'forced' into SP when lying on your back.  For awhile I even had trouble while on my side.  I had a lot of energy sensations while awake during the day.  It felt like bees were buzzing inside my head.  Also pressure in my head.  It was a difficult time for me.  The hypnogogia before I projected was often frightening and all of it together made me afraid I was going crazy! 

All I can say is that this community helped me greatly.  Just knowing I wasn't alone was important in getting over my fears.  I had been doing meditative prayer every day for months prior to all the 'energy action' and I had no idea the effects could be so strange.  Some people just get hit harder with it than others.  In time things evened out for me.  I sometimes still get a little fearful when I phase but it's rare now.

AP has definitely enriched my physical life.  I feel more joyful, balanced, and enjoy a very meditative life style.  As long as one doesn't become addicted to it and start ignoring areas of their physical life, it is a blessing and helps to add a sense of wonder and appreciation to all the little things in life.  You can even have some powerful love and oneness experiences (like in NDEs) that are dramatically life changing.
71  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: How to be ultra spiritual on: December 14, 2014, 03:59:39
Oh, this was so awesome!!   cheesy cheesy
72  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Anyone ever obtained helpful info for someone here in the physical? on: December 13, 2014, 10:13:22
Excellent!  That's wonderful news!   smiley smiley
73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: You can LD at any time of the night with no restriction on: December 13, 2014, 04:47:55
So you are saying that there is no difference between astral projection and lucid dream? Or what?

I agree with what Xanth said above except with a slight twist.  When I project in this way - phase to the point of being still slightly aware of my physical body, then rolling out or walking out of my body (it absolutely feels like your spirit is leaving your body but this is illusion - a mental construct) the "feel" of the projection is different than when I phase all the way with no exit, or gain awareness from the dream state.  And this different feel has nothing to do with dream, lucid, or astral awareness because I am astrally aware in ALL of them.  Here is the difference - in the roll out kind my astral body feels heavier.  It also feels somewhat 'ghostly'  -sorry this is the best word I have to describe it.  There is a very slight 'haze' in the air (visually).  The color tint of the projection is grey, brown or greenish -very different from the bright colors of the other kind of projections.  As long as I stay in the scene and don't go through a portal, this feel will continue, but as soon as I go through a wall/window etc. (portal) the feel changes to the other kind of projection -light body (or no body) bright colors - no haze.

I don't know what accounts for the difference in feel but I do know that there is NO evidence that the one kind of projection is any more objective than the other.  (I'm talking about my own gathered evidence)  That's why I don't distinguish between AP, OBE, and LD.  There's no good reason to and doing so is just confusing.  Yes I have proved this strange difference in feel to myself, but it did not prove to mean that I was "out of body" traveling the actual physical plane.  Too much evidence was found to be against that.
74  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does anyone have tinnitus yet they still astral project? on: December 13, 2014, 01:31:54
I have pretty bad tinnitus and I project.  A few times I even think it has helped me.  I used it as a focus point while phasing.
75  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Anyone ever obtained helpful info for someone here in the physical? on: December 11, 2014, 21:19:36
I've had a few of those too, that seem to 'kick you out' when you ask certain questions.  I take it as - I really don't need that info. - It might actually complicate a situation that I was supposed to address in another way for purposes of my growth.

Other times though, answers seem to be readily available.  Once my daughter was struggling with a problem with her horse.  No matter how hard she tried she couldn't seem to progress with him.  We even thought we were going to have to sell him.  I asked for help with this in a projection.  I was shown with pictures exactly what my daughter was doing wrong, and ever since she has made a giant leap forward with her riding.

Good luck with your dad.  I know it's hard.  I think when the time comes to make decisions you will know just what to do.  Trust in that and send him prayer/loving energy in the mean time.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27