The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 01, 2021, 17:20:08

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
26  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Some psychedelic and downtempo music by me on: August 02, 2006, 00:02:23
Thank you Sunn. Shpongle is one of my all time favorites, so I wouldn't be suprised if it influences my music at least on a subconsious level. Tongue
27  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: A track by me on: August 01, 2006, 23:54:04
Don't know if there were problems before, but at least now it's working.

*downloading*

edit:

Alright, listened to it, and liked it! I've always liked pads backgrounding some strong and clear sounds. Especially when the pads are introducted after the strong sound has already runned for awhile already.

I like the main tweaky-acid-like-synth since it gets tweaked so much over the track, it doesn't get boring easily. Same goes with pad sounds, they vary nicely.

Also liked the electro-sounding drums, and the effects too.
Really good job, Sunn, I enjoyed the track a lot. Remains me a bit of Autechre and Aphex Twin.
28  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Members' Artwork on: August 01, 2006, 12:36:19
http://koti.mbnet.fi/speak88/piirroksia/creamshroom.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/speak88/piirroksia/dancingwithawhip.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/speak88/piirroksia/mushroomlady.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/speak88/piirroksia/plantpeople.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/speak88/piirroksia/sieni1.jpg

I know I don't have a lot of talent on drawing, +these were made in school, during swedish and math lessons etc, so don't except much. Cheesy Had a lot of fun drawing them anyhow. Just usually draw whatever comes to my mind at the time.
29  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: gnosticweb / belzebuub on: July 29, 2006, 13:07:34
I took the free online course, but dropped out of it as soon as I noticed that they talked about astral travelling as if they know all the facts for sure. Didn't feel I could trust any information they gave after that.
30  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Favorite Movies on: July 27, 2006, 13:19:45
Waking Life
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Donnie Darko (great soundtrack! both the ambient work and the pop tracks)
Requiem for a Dream (great soundtrack in this too)
Memento
American Beauty
Fight Club

Love all these.
31  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Some psychedelic and downtempo music by me on: July 27, 2006, 11:34:43
Alright, got it, thanks. Tongue
32  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE Songs on: July 26, 2006, 19:30:30
I've got this track.  It's kind of... strange, although it doesn't remind me of OBEs. 

And I like it too!  grin

Sarah

Whoa, someone who's heard The ORB. Tongue I've never had an OBE but I would've thought that track would fit in nicely to at least some kind of a OBE. Maybe not then.
33  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Some psychedelic and downtempo music by me on: July 26, 2006, 19:27:57
Hey Selski, thanks a lot. The meaning of the word "quirkiness" is not quite clear to me though. Couldn't find anything called "quirk" from the dictionary. Tongue
34  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Some psychedelic and downtempo music by me on: July 26, 2006, 14:10:29
Thanks for the compliments Andrew. I don't have MSN or such right now(you can find me on IRC though, at Quakenet & IRCNet, with the nickname SpeaK), but maybe I'll fetch it..

I actually create my melodies straight in the sequencer. With FL Studio you can play the instruments just with your computer keyboard, so that's basically the only thing I use. So, I'm sorry, can't really give you any hints on that. Tongue Propably just gotta try and try to see what fits you.
35  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Astral Projection in Music on: July 26, 2006, 14:06:10
Didn't Shpongle do a song about it, called Behind Closed Eyes or something?  Anyway, I don't think Learning to Fly is really about AP.  David Gilmour is very big on actual aviation, owning as he does a huge range of airplanes.
I believe Behind Closed Eyelids could as well be about seeing things behind closed eyelids under the influence of hallucinogens or alike. A great track anyways. Smiley
36  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Members' Artwork on: July 25, 2006, 16:33:58
Whoa Astir, that's absolutely amazing! I love it.
37  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Some psychedelic and downtempo music by me on: July 25, 2006, 14:33:03
Thanks a lot jub jub!  smiley
38  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: since everybody is posting their music :) on: July 25, 2006, 14:31:53
Hey, I liked your tracks a lot. Great job. Very dreamy feelings. :] I use FL Studio too with my tracks. I'd love to get you to record some guitars for me to use in some tracks. Tongue

But yeah, very nice.
39  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Some music by me on: July 25, 2006, 08:55:28
Hey. Still making music, for those who still remember me. :]
Anyways, I've finished some new tracks lately. Here's the topic for my EP if someone still wants to check it out: Mind-Split.

The new tracks:

Foreseer
Energy Fountain
Infinite Dream

As the topic says, all the tracks are downtempo, psychedelic and dubbish.
If you want to download OGG versions of the tracks, you can find them here and here.

All comments are once again more than welcome!  smiley
40  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE Songs on: July 17, 2006, 23:49:28
No lyrics here either, but anyways:
The ORB - O.O.B.E.
A great track. Smiley

Can't think of anything else right now.
41  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Members' Artwork on: June 17, 2006, 21:00:52
Whoa! Absolutely beautiful paintings and drawings from you all. I'm amazed.. Really, really nice.
42  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / River Tables In An Astral Cafe - Neat! :) on: June 10, 2006, 03:07:19
Well, congratulations of the experience! Never had one myself, so it's cool to read what others experience.
43  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / SpeaK - Mind Split on: May 09, 2006, 17:49:19
Well with the new multiband compressor in FL Studio6, I'd say the need for an external mastering tool isn't so high anymore. (although some professional mastering tools are surely a different thing)
44  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / SpeaK - Mind Split on: May 09, 2006, 15:25:12
Quote from: Stookie
I think I read before that you use Fruity Loops? Do you master it outside of FL?  What about a keyboard/controller? (I'm always curious as to how people create their electronic music).

I do some mastering with T-Racks24, just to get the album the unite-feeling. Haven't used any midi-keyboards or controllers with these tracks, although I have a basic cheap midi-keyboard lying around here. And yeah, I made basically everything with FL Studio.

Thank you both for downloading the album, and for the positive comments! (well mostly Stookie since he's already actually listened to the album ;)
45  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / SpeaK - Mind Split on: May 07, 2006, 13:42:01
Hooray, finally got it finished after hours and hours of work.(and fun :p) My first EP, Mind Split.

It has 6 tracks, with the overall length of 36min 20sec. All the tracks are Ambient-Dubbish Psy-Chill. Wink
Download here: -> Mind Split <-

The Tracks:
1. The Past (7:04)
2. Alter Sound (6:15)
3. Negate Magma (5:22)
4. Circles of Aether (5:45)
5. Parallel Lives (5:04)
6. End of Day Dub (6:50)

All comments and crits are more than welcome! Thanks.  cheesy

edit: Testing my friends torrent tracker, here's a torrent link for the file also: Mind Split  tongue
46  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / NEW MODERATORS!!!! L@@K!!!!! on: April 27, 2006, 21:24:00
Hooray! Congratulations.
47  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Good programs you can record your voice on? on: April 25, 2006, 21:29:05
For a free one I recommend Audacity.
48  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: April 15, 2006, 19:50:53
Hooray for quad-posting! (or something...)

Finished another track: Parallel Lives.

Length: 5:06. Kinda dubbish or ambient, don't really know.

Tell me what you think. Smiley
49  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Where is your peace? on: April 04, 2006, 19:45:57
No need for wind for me, although it can add a nice touch. But a wonderful, sunny day, brids singing, the trees whispering... Middle of a forest would be great, although looking at a forest from somewhere high up would be great too. Smiley
Oh I'd like to sit in that scenery and see, feel and smell the peace.
50  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: March 28, 2006, 21:06:16
Hooray for triple posting!

I'm thinking about making a kind of an "album", and just finished the intro track for it:

The Past.

The style is very ambient, and then later on with the track, a bit dubbish. Length: 7:01.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4