The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 24, 2021, 10:23:46

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
51  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Do You.. on: March 21, 2006, 21:05:08
Everything should be taken with a little dose of skepticism... Another matter is to lock topics which the moderators would consider "propably not true", which I think was the point of Sunn in the first post of the topic.
52  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / DJ JenX music on: March 19, 2006, 20:25:58
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I like Amon Tobin, Aphex Twin, Squarepusher too. Especially Aphex Twin though.
53  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: March 19, 2006, 18:46:19
Finished! Smiley
Negate Magma

Yeah, it came out dub alright. :] Listen for yourself. Length: 5:23
54  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / DJ JenX music on: March 19, 2006, 17:15:32
I must say I enjoyed most of your tracks. Sounded like you've cut pieces of different tracks... Kinda like a DJ, which you seem to be. ;p Some of the tracks were maybe a bit too "messy" for my taste, but nothing too bad.

Still, nice work.
55  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: March 19, 2006, 15:21:13
Thank you very much, Jen.

Right now I'm doing a dub-ish track, which I'm very excited about. :]
56  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: March 17, 2006, 21:15:07
All is computer based, except the flute. Thanks for the comment. Smiley
57  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: March 17, 2006, 18:55:58
Ok, another track finished. This one I made in one night, with a great amount of inspiration. Tongue

The track:
Time Addict

Length: 3:43
Genre: Umm... Soundtrack? I have no idea.

On a side-note, if a moderator would be kind enough to change the topic description from "a little downtempo, a little trance", or whatever it was to just plain nothing, I'd be thankful. edit: Whoops, I'm used to forums when you can't change the topic thingie yourself. Tongue So, nevermind, got it now.
58  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / HAPPY BIRTHDAY SELSKI on: March 15, 2006, 22:36:07
Happy birthday Selski!! Smiley
59  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / im god on: March 03, 2006, 14:02:01
Yep. You don't know if you're the only one alive or not. The only thing you really can't deny in any way is: I think, therefore I am. (Descartes)

edit: And Nay, I'm not sure if that's pointed at least partially towards me, but this topic doesn't prove anything regarding the other topic.
60  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Do You.. on: March 03, 2006, 13:41:15
Maybe my replies seem a little aggressive, but that's not my intention. Tongue And the locking topics thingy was just a hypothetical suggestion, if you could lock topics. I would've said that to anyone.

Yeah well, maybe you believe that all these things could be created in our brain(like I mostly do), but not everyone believes that. Some think that we really actually do leave our bodies, in one way or another. (and I wont deny this either, of course)
My post came off too much I was pointing everything directly to you...

My whole point anyways is: We can't start locking topics we don't believe. Who could possibly draw the line between things we believe and things we don't believe? Everyone has their personal beliefs.

Believe or not believe, let's at least be realisitic.

I can't say anything else, than that I just disagree on this. There's no way of telling what is "realistic".
61  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Do You.. on: March 03, 2006, 12:58:03
Do you really think you can be outside your body? Or travel with your mind? Or that there is anything else than just chemical messages and electrical impulses in our brain? We are already in a fantasy land, who are you(or anyone else) to judge what is true and what is not?

I mean, you've experienced time travelling in the astrals, so you believe in it. You haven't time travelled in real life, so you don't believe in it. I guess you will once you experience it yourself? But hey, let's lock the guys topic, because probably he's not telling the truth, and is talking nuts, or just lying.

And as a side-note, I don't know yet what to think about being OoB. I will not "believe" it before i actually experience it, but I wont rule it out as being impossible either. I guess you're on the same state about time travelling, but you're ready to lock topics about it, since you don't believe in it.
62  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Do You.. on: March 02, 2006, 15:09:38
Well, you're doing it again. You are saying something obviously isn't true. I don't think we can begin locking topics that could scare new users away, just because most people don't believe what the one who made the topic, says. Everyone can say anything they want here(as long as it's not offensive), and people are free to discuss about it. I don't think that should be changed in any way.

edit: And the fact a new user posted something "weird" doesn't make it any less valid.

(off-topic: the flute track is the latest I've made. edit: here it is)
63  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Do You.. on: March 02, 2006, 14:29:52
So, other peoples truth is BS, because you say so? So no, I don't agree.

I'd think people who wander in forums like this, have learned already, or will learn quickly that nothing is certain, and you can't really call anything BS. Of course you can think it is, but saying that "we should let the BS-topics just go down, because hey, I know what the truth is and that guy's just TALKING NUTS", is just BS. (tee hee)
64  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: February 25, 2006, 23:17:10
Cool, I'm really happy you like it, Grigori. And whoa, dial up, hehe, haven't seen one of those in a while. Grin

But, a big thanks for taking the time to listen to my music. (and for the positive comments)
65  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Intensely Bizarre on: February 25, 2006, 18:20:20
Whoa, that is really interesting!
66  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: February 24, 2006, 23:06:18
Sorry to double-post, but I just made a very short track, improvising with my flute. It's all ambient. I'll probably make more flute music and ambient in the future, but now I just wanted to release this.

Something Made Sound, We Stayed and Listened.

Thanks for any criticism and comments in advance.
67  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Music that brings you closer to ........... on: February 23, 2006, 15:15:46
Hallucinogen - L.S.D.
Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth
Astral Projection - Aurora Borealis

Hallucinogen is psytrance, Astral Projection is goa, Shpongle is psy-chillout-ambient-something. Tongue

God how I love these songs. There's so much to discover they just can't get uninteresting. (well they can, but even after over a year of constant listening, they still haven't for me)
68  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Finally happened. on: February 18, 2006, 21:42:56
Hooray! Congratulations! *thumbs up* Hope you'll get it more real next time. But yah, that's really nice already.
69  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Beautiful music_listen on: February 14, 2006, 19:56:42
I don't know why, but I can't get the tracks. Maybe if you convert them to MP3 before, and upload somewhere else, or something... And Andrewthesinger, pretty nice music based on the couple demo tracks. I agree, very beautiful.
70  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: February 14, 2006, 19:50:27
Whoa, thank you very much LittleNinja! I'm very glad you liked the tracks. :]
71  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: February 09, 2006, 20:58:23
No heh, I'm glad you asked about it, otherwise I'd be sharing illegal stuff here. So, it's for me to thank you. Wink
72  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: February 09, 2006, 20:31:00
First of all I must say, whoops. I wasn't supposed to add "The Waves Calming Inside" at all here, since the speech in it is spoken by Frank Mulley (hypnotist1). I asked for his permission to keep it in my track, but he hasn't answered, so I don't have the rights for it. Sorry!

Secondly, thanks for your compliments runlola and Kazbadan! I really appreciate it.

And to your questions Kazbadan:
1) I don't think genres are so much linked to the program you use. Smiley You can do pretty much everything important in every music-software, so it's more up to the style of the program you prefer.
Some programs to make music with:
Cubase SX
Sonar
Orion Platinum
FL Studio (my personal favourite)

2) Yeah, the speech is by Frank Mulley, and I don't have the right to that speech, so I removed the link from my first post. Whoops. Wink

3) I've tried Cubase, but it was not for me. It might be for you though, so don't trust my opinion. Wink Cooledit Pro2's newest version, Adobe Audition2 is pretty nice. I use it for some mastering and finalizing of a track.
Haven't used Traktor.
73  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: February 09, 2006, 13:15:17
Quote from: Kallas
SpeaK... those are both very nice tracks, love the ambience Cheesy

Thanks, Kallas.

And heh, now when I look at my message again, I see I actually posted a different song I was going to. Tongue

Instead of "The Waves Calming Inside", I had this song in mind:

Now There Was Nothing New There But Something Was Wrong.
Again, it's still an ambient/down-tempo piece. Length: 5:31.
74  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A couple of tracks by me on: February 08, 2006, 22:33:40
Here's two tracks I've recently finished. Both made with FL Studio6.

The Waves Calming Inside
This track is a little down-tempo, ambient tune. Length: 5:31. edit: 5:53 second edit: I removed the link due to "illegal" content

Pure Rain.
This track is a bit tranceish, but still somewhat ambient. It lacks any saw-melodies, so it most certainly isn't the basic trance-music.

I'm trying to learn all the time, by doing things myself, and of course trying to listen to other people too, so any criticism is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

ps. If you want to hear some more tracks, you can always pm me. (or if anything else comes to your mind)

edit: Now There Was Nothing New There But Something Was Wrong.

edit: Something Made Sound, We Stayed and Listened.

edit: Time Addict.

edit: Negate Magma.

edit: The Past.
75  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Really need healing on: February 04, 2006, 00:26:13
Although I can't do any spiritual stuff for you(because I'm not at least yet too spiritual myself), I just though I'd say I wish you all the best, and strength to carry on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4