The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 02, 2022, 19:55:14

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Anyone experience muscle spasm, twitches? on: April 03, 2011, 19:46:58
This could be caused by anxiety.
2  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Re: healing request depersonalization /dissociation on: March 30, 2011, 01:09:35
Have you tried yoga or other exercises that promote a connection to the body?
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Suicide out of readiness to be finished with this physical world. on: March 18, 2011, 02:07:32
Having input from multiple peoples point of views is what I desire. Different opinions, various thoughts on the subject...hence why I would post on a forum where multiple biased points of views exist in the first place.

Inanimate objects have no answers, it's silly to ask them questions. I didn't mean to criticize other opinions.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Suicide out of readiness to be finished with this physical world. on: March 17, 2011, 22:59:35
Please pick up any inanimate object in reach and ask it these questions. I think you'll get better answers. Sentient life is biased.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Suicide out of readiness to be finished with this physical world. on: March 16, 2011, 05:25:59
The sky has detachment, yet it is still there.
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: New beginner here ! on: March 15, 2011, 19:43:22
Start in Permanent Topics and the FAQ.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Is dissociation a form of astral projection? on: March 12, 2011, 02:39:00
We can't answer this without experiencing it ourselves.
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Vibrations? A theory... on: March 04, 2011, 02:01:23
Look around google and you'll find reports of vibrations from people who are not into AP.

Here are a few examples I've collected:

Every morning i wake up im getting a deep vibration (feels like a motor running inside my body) and at first i thought there was a small earth tremor happening ! It makes the bed shake slightly and my partner can feel it if she holds my arms when its happening. i feel that its centered somewhere in my head. but dissapears after about 30 seconds of waking up !!!! Sometimes it wakes me up and it feels like im having some kind of siezure all over my body and head, even though i dont loose conciousness. On some occasions (like the last few days i cant get to sleep. just as im about to drop of i get a strange feeling in my body, my heart beat goes up and i feel rough !!! this can happen 20-30 times in a night. i can sometimes only manage to get sleep if i take a zopiclone sleeping pill. about 6 weeks ago i went 5 days and 5 nights with no sleep because something in my brain wouldnt let me drop off ! im getting real worried now. Thanks for your help in advance.Dead link

The length of these feelings used to be about 5-10 secs and are now much longer, sometimes over a minute. I also seem to have unusual dreams associated with this disorder which I never experienced before. I have difficulty recalling the details of the dreams when fully awake. The weird thing is that there is no external tremors, shaking, or vibrating like I'm feeling internally. The feeling is centered in my chest and upper body, nothing in my lower extremities. I continually check my pulse when awake enough and find no rapidness or irregularity with my heartbeat. A year ago I had a heart catheter and was told everything looks good. The only other symptoms I experience are sometimes my top forearm, thumb, and first two fingers go to sleep, depending on which side I sleep. Has anyone else ever experienced this and can offer some help? Doctors have yet to find a solution to the problem.

It cleared up for a few years and then during the mid 90s I had another bout of it. Only this time it was slightly different, more like a feeling that my bed was vibrating, like I was sleeping on top of a fridge. This time I really didn't realise it was me. I thought it was something in the environment - underground vibration from a factory about a mile from here. I called out the Environmental Health Department and they went investigating all the nearby factories, the electricity board and the sewage works.

I have MS with secondary narcolepsy, and I think it is to do with the narcolepsy. I did find it on one of the narcolepsy websites that some narcoleptics get a feeling of vibration inside them.Dead link

[I think I used the "" here to indicate a new post]

Has anyone experienced this? I'm used to times when my heart races and usually tapering off the amitryptiline for a while settles it but this sense of internal vibration at night (or anytime I lie down or relax deeply) is new. It's been going on about a month now and it's weird and disturbing. I wake feeling like Sigourney Weaver in Alien!

I've searched the forum and found someone referencing this last year but I'm still very puzzled. Is this yet another fibro symptom or possible something menopausal as my hubby suggests. It's corresponding with almost daily nose-bleeds and some feverishness. I'm seeing my GP this week and will ask for BP check but any other suggestions very welcome.

I have chronic daily migraine as well as fibro but this vibrating doesn't seem to belong to the migraine or medication.

I had something very similar a few years back. It happened mostly in the middle of the night; I would wake up with it.
It turned out to be an antidepressant I was taking at the time, Elavil, I think. My psychiatrist said it could be "cardio toxic". I stopped taking it, and it hasn't happened since. It scared the heck out of me.

The other, new and more disturbing sensation is this feeling of my internal organs vibrating. The sensation is centred around the solar plexus rather than the heart and is not completely homogenous ie it's not all vibrating at the same speed or rhythym. It has begun to spread into the top of my thighs but generally is within the torso area. It carries on for a while once I'm awake and up but then seems to abate or maybe I'm just not as aware of it while I'm active.

I think my GP is going to think I've flipped when I describe this. I'm not anxious or stressed; pain levels have been average and life is pretty much as usual. Thanks for your input. I'll report back on what the GP says.

As for the internal 'motors' he suggested I take out a patent. He didn't think it could be a fibro symptom but four fibromates on the forums have experienced similar so .....

I'll report back if I come to any tentative conclusions.

I had the vibrating internal thing going on also for 6 weeks, my stomach and entire colon was quivering constantly, I thought my heart was either skipping beats or racing but when I checked my pulse it was normal. I felt like I had swallowed a tunng fork. Still get this on and off in the AM for awhile but goes away shortly after moving around.

Yes, and it is usually, for me, worse when at rest, like at bedtime or very early in the AM, before I am fully awake, like my spine is 'oscillating'. I am pretty used to it now, but when I first got it several years ago, it FREAKED me out.Dead link

Edit: I tracked down the website where I found these, and it is still full of examples. I don't know why the URL has changed since I saved those posts.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: entity/vibrations and buzzzzzzing/roaring on: October 18, 2010, 04:50:54
These are all good signs, and if I were you I would keep practicing. I haven't seen F3 myself so I can't give you much advice in that regard. IIRC, Frank said that you can go from a lucid dream to F3 by becoming objective about the emotions fueling the dream, then use the "slat effect" (I never understood that) to detune the dream environment.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Depersonalization/Derealization on: October 03, 2010, 16:32:59
I second the suggestion to walk barefoot. I had DP and it went away over time.
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Question for Xanth on: October 02, 2010, 03:51:31
Your question assumes that one has a decisive view on the nature of AP. Many, like me, accept that they don't know whether the experience is magical or in their head. Does that matter? The experience is real, whatever the nature of it might be.
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Depressed, heavy feeling when not projecting/meditating on: September 02, 2010, 04:13:23
You should talk to your doctor about this if people around you are noticing changes in your behavior.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: question about noticing on: June 05, 2010, 03:34:17
The eyelids require a muscle contraction to stay closed. Use a sleep mask if it bothers you too much. I'm always impressed at how many people notice this tension when trying to project.  cheesy
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: "The Photo NObama and BP Don't Want You to See" on: June 05, 2010, 03:08:37
My speculation is that the oil industry sucks. Bikes rock! Except you have to oil the chain... and tires are petroleum based... dang it. We're stuck.

This site gives a breakdown of oil usage and its impact on the environment.
15  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: kundalini rising ...? on: May 24, 2010, 03:32:35
Have you tried NEW energy techniques in areas of your body that have no sensation because of the paralysis?
16  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: are we not supposed to talk about this stuff ? on: May 24, 2010, 03:25:22
The Great Western Vehicle is the only Buddhist order I know of that discusses mystical experiences openly. You'll find a lot of material on their site. The other schools have very different takes on how to approach or avoid mysticism as part of practice.
17  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: LSD and Ap. Reality check on: April 01, 2010, 05:42:19
Entheogens should always be used with an experienced guide, IMO. Oddly there is very little crossover between the astral and psychedelic communities right now. You'll need to find a forum that deals exclusively with this topic.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Mayan/ Hieroglyph Vision? Altered state? on: March 19, 2010, 21:51:29
Do you have a way of getting a drawing of the glyphs on the net? I'm curious to see them.
19  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Uninterested in The Human Experience on: March 06, 2010, 03:20:16
What you are doing is still human.  wink
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: hello to you all on: February 26, 2010, 03:53:10
Welcome to the board asheen.  smiley
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Meditation in the Astral World? on: February 25, 2010, 03:29:48
Thanks, I missed that distinction.
22  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: ohai there on: February 22, 2010, 04:03:51
You don't really need meditation to have an OBE. Use your natural sleep cycle to your advantage and build from there, it's much easier than a conscious projection from a waking state.
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Meditation in the Astral World? on: February 22, 2010, 04:01:43
I was never able to do it in lucid dreams. Meditating on my breath would send me to the physical, and when I tried to meditate on astral objects the environment would go haywire and I couldn't concentrate.
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: What's with the madness? on: February 03, 2010, 05:59:31
Is this pain in your physical body or astral?
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Astral projection or sleep disorder? on: January 29, 2010, 02:23:48
It can be both. Sleep apnea and narcolepsy can cause sleep paralysis, and there could be other disorders I'm unaware of. Are you on any medications that could be doing it? If you are in good shape medically then I would recommend learning to use this state to your advantage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13