The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2021, 03:47:31

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Mind, Body, and Soul on: September 28, 2004, 17:57:16
I tend to the think the mind is just part of the soul/conciousness, etc..

But, I noticed that these things are all interwoven while you inhabit this physical body.

For instance, if you're stressed out mentally (conciously) then your body will suffer for it.  If you eat poorly, your mind/emotions will suffer for it.

If you're happy, it's good for your health.  And, if you're healthy it's good for your mind.

I suppose this is a pretty basic idea, that you could write off as common sense, but I notice that a lot of people do not make the connection.

The reason I thought about this recently is because I was having a re-occuring nightmare, and I realized that I had it everytime I drank large amounts of caffeine (coffee, energy drinks).  But, by the end of the day, I would be on a huge down from the caffeine wearing off.  And, every night that happened I had this dream where I was always in this house, a house I've never seen.  Nothing terrible is happinening in the dream, but I feel overwhelmed with despair while I'm in that dream/house.

I think the setting was just a mirror of my mental state, which was caused by the way the 'down' part of caffeine makes me feel.
2  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / My theory on the purpose of physical existence.. on: September 28, 2004, 13:41:41
I posted this in Astral Chat, but I think it fits better here.

Okay, well I'm not the best writer, and I've never actually put this theory into written word (or typed) so bare with me.

In physical reality, there are rules so to speak. If two sane people view the same event, they will basically observe the same thing. They may have different opinions, which may be effected by their perception, upbringing, etc... But basically, if a dog runs by, everyone sees a dog run by.

In non-physcial reality... lets use dreams for example, since everyone here has dreamed if they have not yet astral projected or had 'other' experiences. In dreams, what you expect, what you feel, events from your day, things lurking in the back of your mind, they all effect what you experience. For instance, let's say in a nightmare you're hiding from the 'bad guy'. You can see him, but as of yet he cannot see you, if you think "Oh my god! He's gonna see me!" and you really believe he will, then he will, almost immediately after the thought occurs.

So basically what you think is what happens. Same thing with psychadelic drug use. I know not everyone approves, and I'm not saying I do. But, many people have spiritual experiences, and many people have hallucinations (atleast that is the word that is used). If you're tripping and you look at your friend, and your friends face is turning red, you may think "He looks like a tomato!", then wham! Right before your eyes his face transforms into a tomato.

The point I'm trying to make, is that in non-physical reality, a reality based on conciousness where thought, perception, emotion, etc., can effect what you see, you really need focus, and a clear mind, or you'll be forever trapped in your own delusion mind.

So, my theory for the purpose of physical existence is that we are put here to establish awareness, self-awareness, focus, conciousness, etc... In physical reality, there are solid rules that cannot be broken. There are opposites, ways to compare things, tall/short, dark/light, etc.. There is friction.. so you can clearly feel where you are. If you run into wall, it hurts, and you are keenly aware of your own body. So that's it pretty much, physical existence is here to take 'new' conciousnesses, and wake them up basically, so we can begin the climb up the spiral of conciousness, or whatever you want to call it.

What happens when we learn enough or reach a certain frame of conciousness? What is after physical reality? I do not claim to know.. I not there yet... obviously.
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Do you listen to TOOL? If not, check out lyrics on: September 23, 2004, 13:49:15
Listening to TOOL is a big part of the reason I originally became interested in all things spiritual.

Check out the lyrics to this song.
Lateralus

Black then white are all i see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see.
as below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Black then white are all i see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see there is so much more and
beckons me to look thru to these infinite possibilities.
as below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind.
Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I embrace my desire to
I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty,
to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
to swing on the spiral
to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I move myeslf between the sounds and open wide to suck it in.
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.
Spiral out. Keep going.
Spiral out. Keep going.
Spiral out. Keep going.
Spiral out. Keep going.
Spiral out. Keep going.
4  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / My theory on the purpose of physical existence... on: September 22, 2004, 18:46:16
Okay, well I'm not the best writer, and I've never actually put this theory into written word (or typed) so bare with me.

In physical reality, there are rules so to speak.  If two sane people view the same event, they will basically observe the same thing.  They may have different opinions, which may be effected by their perception, upbringing, etc...  But basically, if a dog runs by, everyone sees a dog run by.

In non-physcial reality... lets use dreams for example, since everyone here has dreamed if they have not yet astral projected or had 'other' experiences.  In dreams, what you expect, what you feel, events from your day, things lurking in the back of your mind, they all effect what you experience.  For instance, let's say in a nightmare you're hiding from the 'bad guy'.  You can see him, but as of yet he cannot see you, if you think "Oh my god! He's gonna see me!" and you really believe he will, then he will, almost immediately after the thought occurs.

So basically what you think is what happens.  Same thing with psychadelic drug use.  I know not everyone approves, and I'm not saying I do.  But, many people have spiritual experiences, and many people have hallucinations (atleast that is the word that is used).  If you're tripping and you look at your friend, and your friends face is turning red, you may think "He looks like a tomato!", then wham! Right before your eyes his face transforms into a tomato.

The point I'm trying to make, is that in non-physical reality, a reality based on conciousness where thought, perception, emotion, etc., can effect what you see, you really need focus, and a clear mind, or you'll be forever trapped in your own delusion mind.

So, my theory for the purpose of physical existence is that we are put here to establish awareness, self-awareness, focus, conciousness, etc...  In physical reality, there are solid rules that cannot be broken.  There are opposites, ways to compare things, tall/short, dark/light, etc..  There is friction.. so you can clearly feel where you are.  If you run into wall, it hurts, and you are keenly aware of your own body.  So that's it pretty much, physical existence is here to take 'new' conciousnesses, and wake them up basically, so we can begin the climb up the spiral of conciousness, or whatever you want to call it.

What happens when we learn enough or reach a certain frame of conciousness?  What is after physical reality?  I do not claim to know.. I not there yet... obviously.
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Hello Everyone on: September 22, 2004, 18:15:05
I have been away for a little over a year but decided to return.  The main reason I left is that the boards were flooded with people wanting to throw fireballs, turn into cats, shoot lightning bolts from their arses, etc....

But, I decided that there were a lot of good people here with true intentions and I miss some of the discussions I had here.

Anyway, I guess I should introduce myself.  My name is Scott, I'm 23, I'm engaged to be married next spring to my fiance who is 7 months pregnant with our baby girl [Cheesy]!

Here we are!!!

I'll be making an interesting (I hope) post soon.
6  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Lucid dream experience on: January 02, 2004, 13:40:59
I had a lucid dream about 2 days ago.  I was having some sort of apocalyptic dream (which was really vivid), when I realized I was dreaming.  I then endulged in some pretty primal desires, sad to say.

But, after that was done, I decided to go exploring my dreamscape.  I was in a house, and walked to the back door and looked out of the glass sliding door.  In the back yard were too small pools of water in the ground.  They were about 4 feet across and maybe 6 inches deep, with stones around them, like little outside fish ponds.

I walked outside, then walked around the corner of the house.  There, leaning up against the wall of the house was a man, for some reason I think it was John Ridder (sp?), the guy from Three's Company.  I can't remember the exact conversation we had, but, he was saying that he was sent to talk to me.  To tell me that I need to be doing a lot more with myself in the area of spiritual progression, that I have a lot of potential that I was wasting.

I'm thinking that I just created him with my mind, that he was part of the dream but I'm not sure.  He then some weird stuff that kind of didn't make sense.  He said that he knew what his favorite shirt was when he was 12, and he wore it for the rest of his life.  I think he might of been conveying that he settled into a set pattern very young and basically wasted his life.  But, I don't know.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience, if John Ridder turns out to be my spirit guide, that would be hilarious, but like I said, I think I may have created it myself.
7  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Channeling common sense on: December 30, 2003, 14:07:27
What happened to this site?  There used to be a lot of people genuinely interested in getting to know spiritual truths, through experience, and how to go about having these experiences.

Now when I come I feel like I'm reading the tabloids.  I realize I don't have to come here, I don't have to read the posts, but I used to really love this site.  Now it's like everyone is trying to argue their cults or beliefs or prove that they are more spiritually advanced.  Most of it is government conspiracy, negs, i can perform whatever-nesis (not saying that you can't, but if you can, teach us how to experience ourselves), aliens, reptiles, speaking directly to god, etc..

I'm not saying that all of it is fake, but a lot of I can tell is just people passing on something else they read, and trying to win arguments for ego gratification or what not.  Sorry for the rant, I have met a few people on here that I like a lot, and will probably know for a lifetime.  But, please, if you're up here trying to sound superior, or start some sort of cult, or cause panic in worry in other people, please go find another site.
8  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Shamanism on: December 17, 2003, 17:49:10
Does anyone have any suggestions on books regarding Shamanism?  I am looking to purchase one.
9  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Good Yoga books on: December 15, 2003, 13:34:26
I thought this post should go in this section, as my purpose to reading a book is for spiritual progression.

Anyhow, back to the matter at hand.  Does anyone recommend a certain book to learn how to practice yoga.  I have a Rodney Yee video, which is okay.  My girlfriend brought over her "Journey into power" yoga book, which I may read, but it looks a little too americanized.

Any suggestions?  Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm also very interested in learning about Tai Chi and how to practice it, so any recommendations on Tai Chi books would be greatly appreciated also.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Far Journeys on: November 24, 2003, 19:41:35
I'm now reading Robert Monroe's second book "Far Journeys" and I'm wondering, do they still run the Gateway experiments?  Can you still go there and sit in the booths and such?  If anyone has a link to some good info please post it here.
11  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Daily dreams on: November 20, 2003, 19:57:45
I had an idea for a post that would fit in this section.  Shoot me down if this is a bad idea, but I love to hear about other people's dreams even if they have no idea where they came from.  Maybe we should have a daily post where everyone can posts their dreams from the night before?  

I realize that this is an option now, but if we had one post called 'Daily Dreams' or something, that would be convenient, of course the OBE's/Astral experiences could be kept in their respective sections.
12  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Dream scenario on: November 20, 2003, 19:54:53
Does anyone else have consistant dream locations that they have never actually seen.

Whenever I go to sleep in a dark or depressed mood (not often), I remember the same scenario, I never remember much of the dream itself, but there is a room full of junk, furniture, stacks of papers, other random objects.  Everything is covered with sheets (like as if it were in storage), and everything is covered in dust.

I have also been to other room in this house/building but they're not as clear to me as the 'storage' room.

There is another such scenario where I was at a party with my girlfriend at a huge mansion that her dad owned, her dad in real life does not own a mansion, yet I dreamed of this place multiple times in extreme detail.

Any ideas on what these might be?  I think they are entirely created by my mind, but that sometimes confuses me because I've never seen the places and they're always the same, and I'm really not that good at visualization due to poor eyesight and not wearing my contacts (yeah I'm lazy sometimes).
13  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Arg! Lucid or OBE, not sure on: November 14, 2003, 13:10:46
Well, I was trying to remain concious while falling asleep last night.  I began drifting off, starting to dream, then I'd become concious, off and on for awhile.

About 30 minutes after lying down, I was concious of where I was but I felt like I was asleep.  I tried to feel myself rising and instantly I shot up in the air.  I was extremely excited and I saw treetops when I went up, but they were right above my house.

I posted this here instead of OBE because it seemed more like a lucid dream with the trees being directly above my house, because they're not in real life.  At this point I lost sight.  I remembered a post of someone's on this board so I thought 'clarity', but I still could see.  I flew around it seemed with ease.

I suppose I then drifted off to sleep because I awoke 10 minutes later or so upset that I didn't immediately wake up, I had lost most of the details, I remember, that during that time, that I had done something else while lucid, and that I enjoyed them, but I can't remember what it was! Ah!

Well, I feel as though I'm making progress, this is my second time going lucid in a month (atleast I think it was a lucid dream), I just have to stick to it I suppose.
14  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Believe or disbelieve on: November 12, 2003, 21:16:18
This is something I'm running across more and more in my life, or maybe I'm just starting to pick up on it.  People feel the need or whatever it is, to choose on any given topic, to believe or disbelieve.

Take christianity in my case.  I don't know much about christianity, even if I read the bible, I will only have read a book, I will not 'know' anything.  Now, if after, or prior to, reading that book, I had religous experiences that confirmed the bible.  I could then say I 'know' the bible to be true.  But, I don't personally think it's as black and white as that, but the truth is, I don't know.

My name on these boards is TheSeeker, because I seek to know, I seek to experience, I do not seek to believe.  From experiences I've had, I know I have a 'soul', I know we're all one, because I've experienced this.  I cannot convince anyone of this, nor do I care to, because I know, and your belief or disbelief is unimportant to me.  

I suppose there is one belief I do have, and that is that the truth lies within each and every one of us, that truth is there regardless of what knowledge I have acquired and what books I've read.

I am not calling anyone out, or any group out, I just wished to discuss this, and to hear some other opinions on it.
15  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Indra's Net on: November 05, 2003, 18:20:48
I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the concept of Indra's Jeweled Net, but someone made this picture and I thought it was a great depiction, so I thought I'd link it.

http://home.pacbell.net/gsasf/gallery_pages/indras_net.html

Here is a description of it (see top of page, small print)
http://www.heartspace.org/misc/IndraNet.html

Think of each one of us as being a 'jewel'.
16  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / First LD in awhile on: October 28, 2003, 13:04:28
Hello everyone,

I sort of fell of the spiritual trip for awhile but now I'm trying to progress once again.  Anyway, last night I had a lucid dream!  It only lasted about 30 seconds but it was cool.

I was looking up at the sky and the trees in my dream, sort of lost in thought I suppose, when all of a sudden the realization that I was dreaming just hit me!  I felt exhilerated.

I tried to start flying up, but I was having a hard time controlling what I was doing.  I was sort of floating backwards in the air.  I was sort of depressed when I went to sleep (not usual for me) so I decided to try to fill myself with love, and I did.  I felt for a moment I was soaring upwards, but I had the same backdrop the wholetime, midnight blue sky and treetops.

I then remembered that when you first AP you should keep it short so you remember, although this was a lucid dream I figured that the same rule applied so I decided to wake up.  I felt my physical body and stopped dreaming.

Only, I was paralyzed, I've had sleeping paralysis before, but not from conciously waking up, this time it was worse.  I couldn't even begin to feel anything.  I was trying to say my girlfriend's name and move for about a minute before I finally got a whisper out.  I could barely whisper and still couldn't move.  I said 'move me' or something to that extent and she jumped up and moved my arms and legs.  As soon as she did this I could feel my mind/body connection again.

She said that she could feel me twitching next to her for a second, so I guess I was moving somewhat.  Anyway, I still felt great, still had the love in my heart, overall it was a cool experience.

Oh, also, as far as how I became lucid, I'm not really sure.  Throughout the day i was using (i think it was) Tisha's imagery where you imagine you are on the threshold.  Or, standing in a doorway, or on the edge of a forest, like you have one foot in the spiritual and one in the physical so to speak.
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / BWGEN presets on: October 23, 2003, 16:59:22
Maybe there is another post like this, but I wanted people to list their favorite Brainwave Generator presets.

I just downloaded it a few minutes ago and so far I like the Tommie's Vibration Starter I read about.
18  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Animatrix on: June 10, 2003, 18:37:54
Good DVD, but thats not what my post is about.  I believe it was at the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd, or 3rd and 4th episodes.

The intro was going through Zion records, but the picture resembled the astral dimension as depicted on the Astral Dynamics book cover, with the 4 color swirls in each corner and everything.  

Hard to explain the intro, but ends on a female looking very much like a Buddist deity in the middle of a lotus flower.  Anyway.. thought this was worth mentioning, it was a very cool intro.
19  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Good link on 4D on: June 06, 2003, 20:06:03
Hello all, Swt_celestial_sounds gave me this link, I thought it was an interesting article.

http://www.worldtrans.org/lyssa/112edit.html
20  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / war? on: June 06, 2003, 19:00:28
What is all this I keep reading about demonic war?  Can someone please explain?  I'd like to hear from some of the regulars, I havn't been here in awhile and uh, I hate to be skeptical, but it kinda smells like BS to me.
21  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Look at me! Look at me! on: May 20, 2003, 17:42:35
Hello everyone, I have to rant for a second.  It seems to me, that ever since I've gotten into metaphysics I've come across many people with the 'look at me' complex.

What I mean is, people take an experience and blow it out of proportion so that they get attention, or even imagine an experience and say they experienced it.  Then you have people who ask "Am I the anti-christ?" or "Am I the one?"

I'm not picking on anyone in particular, I'd just like everyone to ask themselves if that is what they're doing before they post, or before they give their 2 cents in a conversation.

I'd like to come here for genuine good information, based on actual experience or just good ole discussion without people's ego's distorting reality.  [/rant]
22  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Little Lights on: March 24, 2003, 15:19:26
Anyone else see these? They are the size of little flies or something similar, bright little lights.  I've seen them before when I've almost fainted, and I've been seeing them the past few days if I soft focus on something for a minute, or I see them out of the corner of my eye.  Maybe I just need more sleep.
23  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Association for Research and Enlightenment on: March 24, 2003, 14:28:37
Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone was near Virginia Beach, VA? The reason I ask is that we have the Edgar Cayce foundation.  If anyone is in the area sometime you should definately check it out.  It has the largest library on metaphysical material in the states, 2nd only to the Vatican in the world.

Their site is www.edgarcayce.org
24  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Hallucinigens on: March 21, 2003, 17:30:14
Okay, I'm new here, and I hope I don't offend anyone with talk of drugs but here goes.  I basically got turned onto to this stuff by experiences I've had (like dejavu, dreams happening exactly), and from tripping on acid/mushrooms.

I was just wondering if maybe anyone wanted to share some 'trip' experiences they've had as I do believe they unlock 'abilities' so to speak.

For instance, I've seen time flow in reverse, time slow/speed up, my roomate and I were pickin up on each others thoughs, i.e. he would finish a sentence outloud that I started in my head.

P.S. I know longer take hallucingens as they make me depressed for about a damned week afterwards, and just aren't good for you. (And, am attempting to phase other toxins out of my life)
25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / My theory on the purpose of physical existence... on: September 29, 2004, 12:28:14
I don't think I read thefreedomofchoice, but I read the thiaoouba prophecy, the whole thing.  Maybe I'll check out the freedomofchoice thing at some point.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11