News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Psychedelics

Previous topic - Next topic

Awakened_Mind

My readings on 2012 have taken me a lot of places. One of these places is into the subject of psychedelics and Terence Mckenna. Rick Strausmans DMT: The spirit molecule and Breaking Open the Head by Daniel Pinchbeck.

As far as I can discern really from reading the information on psychedelics and borrowing a term from Terence here, they seem to be acting as a catalyst to conscious evolution. I'm not advising people to go out and get baked, I'm trying to start a discussion on what we believe the role of the psychedelics is playing as we approach this supposed Omega point in history.

Will the future include some renewel of Archaic practices and a rebirth of some modern shamanism?

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

zareste

I've been reading about DMT as well, and had the same ideas about its role in conscious evolution. As a drug, it really does unlock a hidden part of our minds - the part we briefly use when we're in REM sleep or altered states, and probably in astral projection. If I have my history correct, this part of our mind was added to our DNA because a certain team of humanoids saw potential in early humans as more intelligent creatures, but they had to hide this DNA because other humanoids wanted us to remain as unintelligent as apes. So this ascention of ours has come with a lot of defiance, especially in the form of laws against mind-enhancing drugs.

I don't use these drugs because of the potential hazards, but I encourage people to keep experimenting with them to make them more effective and less dangerous.

no_leaf_clover

Imagine if you always kept your arm in the same position for your entire life, and never moved it.  I would say you hardly even know your arm, let alone how to use it.

The same with your thoughts.  When you plug these chemicals into your brain along with all your usual ones, you suddenly gain the ability to think in new ways, whether for better or worse (depends on the chemical, if you ask me).  It isn't a "hallucination," it is a very obvious and unavoidable physical result of what you are putting into your body, and it is no less "real" than the chemicals that are normally there.

Not everyone's sober state is the same, anyway.  Some people have more of certain chemicals, less of others, depending on their health, what they eat, how much sunlight they get, etc., etc., etc.

Even corn and rice have psychoactive properties when your body breaks down all their complex carbohydrates, but they are very subtle and no one eats corn to trip out.  But nonetheless it will produce a very wholesome feeling when you eat fresh corn, if you simply pay attention.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

The Present Moment

McKenna is awesome. I love listening to his talks, many of which can be found at the Psychedelic Salon. I've never used psychedelics, and I'm not inclined to at this time, though I wouldn't rule it out completely.

zareste

Excellent information no_leaf_clover

One time, I was telepathically looking for tips on becoming more telepathic. (makes sense, right?) I got more specific and asked about foods that could help, and this phrase came up: "psychedelic fruits". I think pears came up, but I was losing the trance state by that time. I then searched the net and can't seem to find any easily-available fruits of that sort.

Perhaps we could look into the diets and habits of civilizations that know more about the mind

no_leaf_clover

Quote from: zareste on March 30, 2009, 07:46:18
I think pears came up, but I was losing the trance state by that time.

Now that's truly bizarre.  I once drank some hard cider made exclusively from pears (a company called Woodchuck distributes it) and out of nowhere I realized that I felt vaguely like a giant pear walking around, or at least that's the best way I can describe it (and no I wasn't drunk).  I felt very natural and at peace, distinctly different from any other form of alcohol I've ever tried, most other forms being more harsh in the way they make you feel.  Hard ciders have natural sugars in them which set them apart from other kinds of alcohol too. Probably just a coincidence,  and I thought my head was just playing tricks on me,  but who knows.  Stranger things have been found true than psychoactive pears.  :-D

Now that I think about it, there's something else that I ate once that gave me a distinct feeling that I was the thing I ate (and a lot of other "feelings" to go with that).  They were little and blue and tasted nasty..  Now what were they called again...  :?

Really I think just about any food you eat will directly or indirectly have some effect on your brain and the way you feel.  When I take a bite of some greasy food or junk food, my body often reacts instantly and I can't go on eating it.  It's the exact same feeling as when you eat way too much of the stuff,  except if you pay attention you'll notice it's also there to a lesser degree as soon as you take your first bite.  A lot of people don't realize how much intelligence and awareness their own body offers them.

zareste

Yeah sometimes it's a little hard to draw the line between drugs and foods. I just found out chick peas have a very relaxing effect - I was anxious all day until I had them. Supposedly the Atlanteans had a high-fiber diet.

I looked up corn as a psychoactive vegetable, and someone randomly said they have weird and freaky dreams after eating corn. Of course, a lot of people get scared when their mind becomes completely active. Some people are scared of hypnagogic voices and sights, but I love hypnagogs because I can use that state for telepathy. Those voices can be very helpful and answer questions. Likewise, psychoactive foods might be helpful to mentally-oriented people but scary to others

Is there a AP thread about foods? We're learning some neat stuff here

Awakened_Mind

The use of psychedelics increases telepathic ability.  Many native american groups would actually get baked off mushrooms and then share a collective telepathic experience. I've heard reports of people I know that have taken LSD that they have had telepathic experiences while using.

I'm more interested in what kind of role these plants are having in a modern anthropological context. The last time they were really used highly enough with enough exposure to be mentioned in the public arena was during the movement of the hippies. Honestly, I think it was the best public reaction in consciousness as a result of drug intoxication we have ever seen. In the words of Terence Mckenna 'There seems to be some queasy illogical in the academic mentality that presents itself in the presence of questions revolving around self-induced changes in consciousness'.  In other words, we're a bit weird about taking something to get somewhere without getting there naturally.

I think these substances really cast us back into our 'cradle' consciousness, the imagination. When it seems that ideas in the collective consciousness have become so rigid and crystallized to the point where the world for the most part has almost lost it's mystery. These substances really blow the doors off what is typically 'normal' and into a world of alien colours and shapes. Really opening the door to possibility. Why close to 2012 this supposed end date, because we need to realise who we are perhaps, or our relationship with nature?

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

InvisibleMan

~Removed~

stop trying to dox me

radman32

i actually have researched natural drugs alot, and i see no harm in taking them. I've had the most telepathic/AP experiences when high. I think if you're not ready for it don't do it, but it will come around to you. Drugs are present in the human body already, and you are what you eat. Being vegan is the healthist habit for our bodies(i wish my parents would change). I heard that the definition of euphoria is 'out of body experience', and would make sense. If only americans stuck to old traditional conservative views that founded this country, and we could choose what to put into our bodies.

I think the true event in 2012 will most importantly the rebirth of freedom/utopia. I don't want to live in a crap hole for my whole life, and i think history will be made that will last in our collective conscience forever as one of the final armageddon (don't worry, i use this in it's true meaning, the realization of something new to all). I know people will come around to the idea of cooperation, freedom, and peace.

Lighten

Take DMT and you will understand why our world is going to be punished.

Vibra

Quote from: Lighten on July 19, 2009, 23:18:37
Take DMT and you will understand why our world is going to be punished.

Lighten
What did you see/learn on DMT to make you say this

no_leaf_clover

I always liked the image of a happy Shiva,  no one having to tell him/her to "lighten up" yet they seem to be having a bit too much fun destroying and slaughtering things...  Nature's way of balancing humanity. :)