The end of the world-2012?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tab

Really depends on what you believe. Some believe the whole Nibiru thing and say that's what's coming around 2012. I personally find vedic thought and theosophy to make the most sense as far as belief systems/philosophies go, so as far as I'm concerned nothing huge is going to happen in 2012 or any other time. Sure we'll pass out of this round eventually, on to the next, out of the next, get our new elements, ascend to our new states, etc etc. But apparently that takes a lot longer and dosen't all happen at once. It's more natural and progressive.
But whatever. Some huge butt catastrophe like the pole shift would be pretty damn cool, I have to admit. Turn the world on it's side, both metaphorically and maybe literally [;)]

WalkerInTheWoods

Based on a Mayan calendar, Dec. 2012 is suppose to be the end and/or start of an age. Christain armagadon beliefs have taken this to be an end of the World thing when the Mayan's did not see it as such. Maybe an end of the world as we know it, but not the whole end of time thing. It is merely suppose to be a transition, a change. As to what kind of change no one truly knows. What will be, will be. Do not worry about it and just enjoy the ride.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Squeek

As for me...

I still don't think anything is going to happen.  What I think happened back with the Mayas was that they had people working endlessly on this calendar thing.  Then according to historical records, they just picked up and left.  I'm thinking that the day they left was the day that the non-stop work ended.  

We'll all know in a good 9 years :X  Try not to let it bother you too much... After all, 9 years is 3285 days, plus the time from now until december... so about 3350 days to live out!  Don't worry about it right now!!

~Squeek

T_Kman0610

quote:
Originally posted by Squeek

As for me...

I still don't think anything is going to happen.  What I think happened back with the Mayas was that they had people working endlessly on this calendar thing.  Then according to historical records, they just picked up and left.  I'm thinking that the day they left was the day that the non-stop work ended.  

We'll all know in a good 9 years :X  Try not to let it bother you too much... After all, 9 years is 3285 days, plus the time from now until december... so about 3350 days to live out!  Don't worry about it right now!!

~Squeek

i agree, i feel n 2012 something will change but that is what god only knows. besides whoever fears death can get over it by telling themselves death is a key to a new adventureand excitement, when we die it is just like when we have an OBE but after we project we dont go back to out physical world we just stay in the astral so just think of it as a new thing thats all.[:D]
"Only those who have dared to let go can dare to reenter." - Meister Eckhart

fireprooflighter

I'll have to do more research before I make an opinion about 2012 but I agree with Tab, a pole shift (from what I gather about it) would be pretty awesome [:D] We humans could do without material things for a while. Plus it might cancel school ::evil grin::...wait by then I will be out of school. Ahh, no fair.

jilola

In many esoteric and religious writings as well as probably all prophecies an end usually denotes and change not a catastrophic end of everything aka TEOTWAWKI.

A prophecy is but a personal interpretation of information presented on a level not easily transferrable to the physical terms so I my opinion any prophecy needs to be reinterpreted with that in mind to even beging to get an idea of what is actually said in the prophecy.

Sometimes a pipe is not a pipe.

2cents & L&L
jouni

travelinbob

So what if the world ends. Its only going to be this planet, not the whole universe. We will keep on going since our spirit can't be destroyed. Right? Enough with this fear of death! If you can only thing you learn from this forum and other like it is NOT TO FEAR DEATH, then you are doing Fine. Relax.

Then again, how many cultures have prophesized the end of the world at a specific date and we are still here. Anyway, this conclusion of 2012 from the mayans is based on only four codecies that survived. The rest were burned by the catholic church. (Thank you Vatican). So all this might only be speculation on very little information, anyway.

From the land of the Mayas I say to y'all: relax and "die" happily!

TorosDead

I believe that only God knows when the end of the world will be.  "Prepare ye now for I come quickly, even as a theif in the night".  - Christ

Kazbadan

I think that nothing will happen:
-Nostradamus, one of the biggest prophets, predicted something real baf for the year 1999. Nothing has happened.

_some people sayed too that the year 2002 would be the last one, according to some calendar (mayan?). We all are alive and in 2003.

All the prophecies have failed. I agree with TorosDead.

If someone here can AP, why you don´t gonna checkout in the future (i readed that while AP you can visit the future)?

I love you!

Squeek

I retract my previous statement due to new circumstances which shall remain nameless :o  Go read some books.

~Squeek

jilola

When you live properly it doesn't  matter when the world ends because you'll know that 1) there's nothing you'd do different and 2) you know that every moment everything is both destroyed and created.

Someone tell me how to do that? [;)]

2cents &  L&L
jouni

shaolin

ok, i agree with Kazdaban!

the prophets have failed during theese last years, so 2012...?
The greatest enemy is not the one who is most powerful, its the one that will never give up!

no_leaf_clover

The future isn't set, and prophecies don't necessarily have to happen. It's not that the prophets failed, but rather that the future they foresaw never came to pass, whether for better or for worse. The Mayan Calendar has nothing special for 2003. It doesn't have any other dates like the one in 2012 (2012 is actually just the last year on every single full Mayan calendar found) so it can't be evaluated for its accuracy. The rumor about 2002/2003 being the end of the world can be at least partially attributed to Mark Hazelwood. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

I don't know whats scheduled for 2012 but it will definitely not be like any other year we've ever experienced. Our actions can only change so much about the future at this point in time, and there's nothing we can do to stop a planet from reaching its perihelion, etc. Since Nibiru is scheduled to return soon and signs of the christian End Times are abundant, I would say prophecies about these End Times are going to be pretty dead-on for the most part. I mean, if I'm the sweetest, nicest person on Earth, and everyone picks that up attitude and there is total peace, Nibiru is still going to come around. It's going to also come around even if you don't believe it exists. In fact, I don't mean to try to get people interested through fear or anything like that, but believing it doesn't exist is a little risky considering the massive deaths of 1/3 to 2/3 of Earth's population won't exactly be random. It's just a matter of what will happen after the arrival, and it doesn't look good for us considering all these wars and massacres (the holocaust x.x), terrorism, overpopulation and religious wars that never show the world peace.

I don't know if 2012 is the year all the action is going to take place, but if it is, regard that year as more of a rebirth than an end.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Kazbadan

What you sayed, no-leaf-cover, it´s interesting, but i didn´t understand what is the Nibiru. Is that as Anti-Chryst, some kind of prophet...? Which religion or movement talks about Nibiru?

thanks
I love you!

Tayesin

Hi All.
There has always been prophecies about the end of the world.  None of them actually meant the end of the physical world, only the ways we humans perceived it and related with each other.  So really, in a sense there have been a couple of 'ends of the world'.

The Hopi Indians understood that what we whites saw as prophecies was really just indicators of where the Earth is in it's big cycle, and that the events will come when we forget and return to living like normal.  Which we are now doing.

The Mayan calender denotes the end of a cycle, and the biggining of a new one.  The world (Earth) will end when our sun swells up and devours it in about another 5 billion years, so we got plenty of time to enjoy life right now.

Having been to see what is probable in our future I can say that many changes will occur over the next ten or so years.  Changes that I am personally looking forward to, like, the end of our culture's dependance on the absurd 'might is right' mentality, the changing face of the planet that will wipe out much life and provide the survivors with new opportunities to do things in better ways and of course, the new growing understanding of our spiritual connections to all things.  All of that is a bonus in the larger scheme of things.

Here are two interesting quotes to finish with..................
"Certain knowledge of what is to come is given to few. For most, even a holy Seer, foreknowledge comes in glimpses only, distorted by the understanding of the one who sees and the ones who hear the prophecy."
-Unknown.

"The first paradox of prophecy, is that glimpsing the future does not necessarily mean one can understand it, much less alter what one sees."
-Unknown.

Love always.[:)]

WalkerInTheWoods

quote:
The world (Earth) will end when our sun swells up and devours it in about another 5 billion years, so we got plenty of time to enjoy life right now.

The Earth will no longer be able to support life long before the Sun devours it, though. But that will not happen for a really long time either, though I cannot recall that time frome right now. But yes, we have plenty of time to enjoy life right now. And plenty once we are gone from Earth.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Fuzziwig

Hey all
Shaolin I would suggest that you took a look at this title :
Nostradamus: His Life and Prophecies
a documentry about various prophecies which all lead to the year 2012. I can tell you that documentry indicates as Tayesin said, an end of a cycle. After this a 1000 years or more of peace, harmony and cooperation will follow, but the transition will be painfull.
I havent decided if I believe in it, but it seems that alot of prophecies point to that year so something must happen at that time.
Fuzziwig

Forgotten Flame 13

Just to add to the topic, some say that the Schumann resonance, which has been growing, that in 2012 it will stop at 13hz. Then the poles will shift and we enter some other dimension where we can manifest things by thought, like the Astral Plane. I don't believe any of it, excluding the pole shift. Everything predicts that.
And fireprooflighter, if there's no school, I won't get my degree that year. I'll never work at Nintendo![:(]

no_leaf_clover

Kaz, Nibiru is from Sumerian 'mythology' (Sumer was the first civilization on Earth and surprisingly advanced considering that before it, humans were simply hunter/gatherers. Sumer had seaports, marketplaces, musical instruments notation, brickmakers, and even prostitutes.) where it means literally 'Planet of Crossing.' In the Enuma Elish, the Sumerian 'Epic of Creation', Nibiru is described as a planet that came into our system by what might be called an accident but probably wasn't. When it came into our system it collided with an already-existing planet, and the collision created the asteroid belt as well as Earth. The intruding planet then receeded back into space to return every 3600 with an orbit similar to a comet's (see this web site: http://users.lycaeum.org/~martins/nibiru.html ).

Nibiru eventually became inhabited by our ancestors, who came here and altered apes with their own genes to speed up our evolution, as the seed for our kind of people had already been planted but was coming along slowly. Those people sped along our evolution in order to use us to mine gold for them so they could strengthen their atmosphere to hold more heat in, but when we became intelligent they gave us freedom as would be the moral thing to do. On their own planet, they most likely lived underground and solely off of thermal heat, which they would have plenty of, since the Sumerians told of the planet as being a huge fireball, and brighter than the sun. This was all told to them, of course, by the Annunaki (meaning literally 'Those who From Heaven to Earth Came'), or the people from Nibiru.

The Annunaki have a lot to do with the Zetas/Grays, Pleiadians, etc., and are now part of the alliance trying to help us out. The help they offer us does come at a price, however: the deaths of all the people on Earth that are spiritually holding us back. Once these people are gone, it will be easier to contact higher beings, astral project, and be spiritual in general, because the Earth will be less restricted as an entity. Sounds far-fetched, but it does make sense if you look past all the things that the media has programmed you to automatically dismiss.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Syke

yeah ive heard about the whole sumerian and annunaki thingo.. and thats one of my beliefs of what will come at 2012, but i dont believe it will be a good thing.
another thing ive come to think of will be another world war.
if it is a physical strugle ill be ready.
but as many have said, in the end it doesnt matter, what happens, happens.

Treaty_Angel

lol, no thats not going to happen. trust me i speicalize in spirtual beleife. i coudl say around 20-30 reasons why, but then i would be breaking my promise. but anyways, demons arn't hard to get rid of.

TheLunatic

When I was growing up I always figured the would was going to end as we know it. Basically I always figured it was going to be like the movie "Road Warrior" by 2001. I use to lay in bed at night and think of what I was going to do if this happened or that happened. I found myself sorta lost after it never came to be. In the end I guess the thing I learned was that while things can go horribly wrong and often do one shouldn't over look the possibility of a positive future. Remember all those "land of tomorrow" skit's they used to have? Isn't it funny how people's view of the future has changed from positive to negative? I think the cold war had alot to do with it.

Another thing, If I remember correctly according to the Mayan isn't man's tools to turn against him at the end of the world? I tend to remember that going hand in hand with 2012. maybe I'm wrong though.

Tab

quote:
Originally posted by TheLunatic

Another thing, If I remember correctly according to the Mayan isn't man's tools to turn against him at the end of the world? I tend to remember that going hand in hand with 2012. maybe I'm wrong though.

I dunno but TLC or something had a special on that when I was like 9. They showed toasters flying at people and this guy getting choked by his tie in a printer.
Scared the excrement outta me :/

If the poles shift, AFAIK our electricity will be knocked out completely for a long time. Since most of the world is digital now, that would be a catastrophe. Maybe that's what they meant.

TheLunatic

Well power grids have been overloaded in the past due to space weather so yes if the earth's magnetic field was to flip I'm sure it would create a world wide power outage due to the enormous induction of current into all the power lines but I'm not sure how much damage that would cause to the physical infrastructure for there are circuit breakers build into the systems. At the very least I'd say there would be mass looting and some riots.

And yes the earth's field has flipped in the past.. 5 or 6 times if I remember correctly... proven fact.

quote:
Originally posted by Tab

If the poles shift, AFAIK our electricity will be knocked out completely for a long time. Since most of the world is digital now, that would be a catastrophe. Maybe that's what they meant.

TheLunatic

O and as far as electronics not working anymore I don't really see any reason to fear that. If you take your north facing computer and turn it south it still works the same. I guess one could argue that the process of the field changing direction might damage electronic's but I would guess that it would only effect things like power grids that have hundreds of miles of conductive wire.