News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Adrian ; Astral rating possible ?

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

Well if it is going to be voluntary and put on the profile then you could just request everyone to state their experience level on their profile under one of the topics that allows you to fill in your personal info. This could be a good idea to give others, especially newer people to the board, an idea of the experience the person actually has. But I do not think any kind of rating system should be in place. That would just make things a little complicated, especially with the wide variety of skills and experiences there are. A little description would be better in my opinion.

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Adrian

Greetings Mark!

Thank you very much indeed for your suggestion!

First of all, the "star" rating of the forums is simply,and exclusively a function of the number of contributing posts to the forums, and is automatic.

With regards to a more subjective rating system, I have to say, in all honesty, that I do not think it is something we should implement.

Everyone here is striving for similar objectives ultimately , and all are all totally and completely equal in the Universal scheme of things,and in the eyes of Divine Providence. In addtion to that, a fundamental law is that we must never, ever judge our brother or sister, either in everyday life including here, and a subjective rating system would clearly constitute such judgement.

The Astral Pulse exists to help people to help each other in out mutual objectives encompassing everything we discuss here, and that is the way it should stay.

I do really appreciate yours and all comments and suggestions of course, all of which will be considered most seriously.

With kind regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

clandestino

Fair point Adrian - I'm thinking now that it would create more problems than actually helping anyone !

cheers for your response,
Mark

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Jacara

I had thought something along the same lines would be useful (I too sometimes skip posts from newcomers), but as it was pointed out, what it would rate is a complicated thing (plus, those I'd most want to ignore would probably rate themselves highesthttp://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_dissapprove.gif" border=0>).  So I agree it probably wouldn't work.
But I don't think it's a question of judging others as much as a one of how best to spend our time.  For example, this isn't the only forum around on OBE / metaphysics, but it's the only one I spend time with anymore - not because I've judged the other forum's members to be wrong or whatever, but because I can find better information and friendlier people here.
Well, anyway, I think what I think, and I know my motives are pure anyway...
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

clandestino

Hi Adrian, I had a thought when I was reading through a recent thread...i think it was regarding "conscientology"(?!!).

At one point, person A (can't remember who it was) made a comment....he/ she had previously made 5 or 6 posts.

Then, person B made a post, and person A replied saying something along the lines of "I wouldn't expect that of a gold member" (or something. Nothing to do with austin powers by the way - this is regarding the number of stars each member has).

So B replies saying " the stars just show how many posts you have made".

Would there be any use for an "astral rating" ? This would give members a better idea of who is giving what advice....

so, even though i've made over 100 posts, my astral rating would be the lowest level, because I haven't projected yet. A person who can project at will would have the top rating.

This rating would obviously be voluntary, and needn't be displayed next to each post....It could be placed in the member profile.

Has anyone else got any views on this ? I realise that it has its bad points, but it would be entirely voluntary... It would be useful for me because I am guilty of skipping over posts from people who have only just joined recently, in favour of posts from people who are regulars here : For all I know, a new kid on the block may well be a very experienced projector.
cheers,
Mark

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries