News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

President Bush wants man on the Moon and Mars

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Just listening to a Whitley Streiber interview (with Angela Micol), and something the guest said really hit me - total "click" in the mind type moment:

"....if we are going to get off this planet, which I believe is a big tomb"
As Whitley then said "I think it is........nothing wrong, its just there are too many of us, and we cant help using it up at a faster rate than it can renew itself"

Damn fair points. The thing about our civilisation is that it will eventually fall, whether through natural causes, war, what whitley said, or a slow degrade into negativity which will eventually swamp us. So, we need to get off the planet, onto other planets and into other solar systems, spread ourselves and our civilisation out. This will increase the chances of our civilisations survival, of which we are all an integral part, many times. If one planet is falling into decline, there are others! Or if one gets totalled by a huge comet flyby (planet X style), there will always be others out there who can help. So this pushes the idea of a real space program out of the "nice" basket and into the "absolute necessity" zone.

Conversely, if you take the bigger picture, exploration of space would be crushing for those in power, because it would mean people could comletely split from the current power system, try their own thang, get away from all the rockefellers and bushs and all that muck. So I am not suprised that the western space programs are essentially just big jokes.
On the other hand, China has a very different idea - they have far too many people and want to get rid of most of them! So you see their attitude is very different. They are actively and rigorously pushing ahead their space program, and will almost certainly beat the US government back to the moon and to mars. Watch their space! And hopefully where they go, others will have to follow.

Back to revision....I have an exam tomorrow.....uch [V]
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Jenadots

Yes, China will definitely get there.  The press of overpopulation will also impel India sooner or later to do the same.  There are so many places on our world where the problems that come from too many people make life absolutely horrible for most.  

But, do you really think the China of today will allow its people any freedoms on another planet that they will not allow here?  Not likely.  Of course, the China of 50 years from now may not be a totalitarian state.  One can only hope.

Logic

TheAlphaOmega, it was 27 degrees C, if you had cared to read it.

If you haven't noticed, earth's environment is completly screwed now, with global warming and pollution. There are many reasons for going to mars, for one, its another planet that can easily be terraformed and at one point was in the perfect condition to support life.

There are canals and ocean markings all over the surface, with polar ice caps and quite possibly underground rivers.

Also, if you haven't noticed, that earths population is growing out of control, and more than 50% fossil fuel is already used up, at the rate were going we cant stay on earth forever.

Another interesting fact, The Outer Space Treaty prevents any nation or government to own land on a celestial body, which means that any planet colonized would be international and under ONE government, or under all governments.

(governments are still evil..)
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

Rob

quote:
But, do you really think the China of today will allow its people any freedoms on another planet that they will not allow here?

Well, I dunno, but perhaps once they are on another planet, they wont care so much. Their strict rules are only really in place to preserve the power structure after all. But I would agree that freedom like that will eventually filter through. Well, who knows - maybe they are looking to make things more lax in the future? If they have an active space program with people flying around all over the solar system, then people will WANT to be a part of whats going on, rather than them having to force them into submission.
They are quite acutely aware of over-population, hence that law forbidding more than one child per family. Not sure if thats still going...hmm...

quote:
Not likely. Of course, the China of 50 years from now may not be a totalitarian state. One can only hope.

Aye....

quote:
There are many reasons for going to mars, for one, its another planet that can easily be terraformed

....some people think this is already happening, but not by our doing!

Rob
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Aries

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are many reasons for going to mars, for one, its another planet that can easily be terraformed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

Really? Who? and by Who?

Mars wouldnt take long at all to reach.. they have ships which could reach it very fast.
The Medusa : is a ship which imagine a parachute in front of it, well the ship explodes a nuke in front of it and lets the chute catch the blast, which makes it go at incredible speeds.
Also they have designed ships that run off steam that wouldnt take long to reach it.
There is structures and such on mars, here is a good site.
http://www.enterprisemission.com
-Aries
How can the spoon know the taste of soup?

Rob

quote:
Originally posted by Aries

quote:

Really? Who? and by Who?

http://www.drboylan.com/trfmars2.html
Picked this one up at http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2004/01/11.html
Dr Boylan seems to be a good guy, but some of his info seems contradictory to the general impression I get of "the visitors" - he says they are predominantly real nice guys, but most people who I have heard of dont seem to agree. Of course this could just be media sensationalising the issue and him telling the truth - indeed Whitley Streiber (who I trust about ooh 85%, pretty high for me!) used to think they were nice. Although now he also thinks they are a bit on the crooked side of good, and backed up with Roger Leirs implant removals - people who have them removed say they have a new feeling of freedom. So, hmm, well.....intuition goes with him, but facts dont stack up very nicely. Well, thats how it is in the UFO arena I guess. He makes some good arguments.

But, his conclusion that the planet is being terraformed, may be jumping to conclusions. I would not be suprised if the atmosphere is changing over there - but then I've heard from other sources that there are crazy things happening to the atmosphere, magnetic fields, etc of all the planets in our solar system.....not least of all our own.

quote:
Mars wouldnt take long at all to reach.. they have ships which could reach it very fast.
The Medusa : is a ship which imagine a parachute in front of it, well the ship explodes a nuke in front of it and lets the chute catch the blast, which makes it go at incredible speeds.

OMG!!!! Thats INSANE!!!!!![:O] But, impressive if it were to work!
I mean, do we even know what would happen if we let off a nuke in space?! One more thing - how do you stop yourself??????!!! Set off another nuke? Crazy crazy idea......I sure as hell wouldn't test that thing!
But you are right, there are many methods of getting there - and quickly - which are do-able. This one looks interesting http://www.forceborne.com/index2.htm
(I'm a student engineer btw [8D])

quote:
Also they have designed ships that run off steam that wouldnt take long to reach it.
There is structures and such on mars, here is a good site.
http://www.enterprisemission.com

Arg! Richard Hoagland!!! [:O][;)]

Rob

jc84corvette

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20040114_1870.html from ABCNEWS.COM

So Bush is like Kennedy, good or bad? I think its good. Although I disaprove of NASA and I think it should be done away with, but this is a smart move.

It will also make more votes for him. * DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A STUPID POLITICAL THREAD. IF YOU DO THEN I WILL REQUEST A MOD TO CLOSE THIS THREAD*