News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

stereotypes

Previous topic - Next topic

ismusa

Stereotypes are very common these days.  Even people who stereotype are sometimes not even aware they are doing it.  I find it interesting to study human behavior.

Sharpe

Well, duh...
What, you think you're superior by not having a role-model?
First of all, it's impossible because every human has that in his system.
If you don't dress according to something or a stereotype, you are no man.

ismusa

the kind of stereotypes I am talking about are not the everyday ones that people do naturally but I am talking about the profiling prejudice type.  Take for example the case that happened to me in which i was stereotyped by this lady at a school bus company.  She sent me to train at another location while she kept the other new hires at her location.  Because of the way I physically looked I felt that she thought I may be a safety concern to children even though I had a class bus drivers license and drove a transit bus bigger than a school bus.  I ended up filing a charge of discrimination against her because it was obvious she was stereotyping me.  I haven't set foot on a school bus pedal in her location office but the fact that she sent me to another location in a different city is what got her into trouble.  On top of that there was a CEO who called me while I was working for Metro Transit and offered to pay more than what I was earning driving the city bus but a lady from payroll came to see me physically while I was at the other location training with a Guy who is a trainer.  The payroll lady asked me about the CEO's offer even though I stated it on my application and the CEO was in his headquarters in Illinois and they didn't even call to confirm if what I was saying was right or wrong but the payroll lady said we can't start you with his offer after she came and physically saw me.  In the end the company did offer me employment through the mediation process of the EEOC but I said I wasn't interested.  As long as the CEO and headquarters are aware of what's happening in their own company I am satisfied and I didn't take further steps in filing a lawsuit. 

Mez

Stereotypes have always been common. Lots of people grump about people who stereo type... "dont judge me this" "dont label me that" (everyone does it)... theres an extremely simple way to get rid of it and its this...repeat after me "Its none of my business what anyone else thinks of me". simple.

ismusa

Mez you don't understand,  it's not a problem as long as people keep their thoughts and stereotypes inside their own heads but when they take action against others like what happened between me and the school bus trainer lady, then it becomes a big problem.  Why do you think the EEOC would come into the matter if it wasn't a big problem.  You can't relate to what I am talking about because you are not different from the majority of the people like I am.  This is what minorities go through and you will never relate to this. 

Mez

um that was my point exactly. It goes both ways... once you understand theres no need to care what others think you also understand theres no need to tell others what you think so i do understand and i can definately relate and its a philosophy that i try my best to live my life by.

Sharpe

Mez, you don't get it, this guy can't get a job because of people stereotyping him.
And you can't change your brain by saying you don't care what others think of you.
That's like trying to change your computer hardware with software.

Just think of it as being programmed to care.

Stookie

I thought I understood how many minorities felt until I truly experienced the feeling:

I was travelling across country and was in a small town in New Mexico. It was about 10 PM and they had very few hotels to choose from - mostly really dumpy motels. So I picked the only decent looking place. It looked fairly empty with just a couple cars in the parking lot. Until this point in the trip, I had no problems getting a room. Keep in mind I'm a white male, long hair, beard, and 5 days into a road trip - not the best I've ever looked, but didn't expect any problems. When I went up to the counter and asked their rates, he took one look and very quickly said "No Vacancies".

I went back out to my car and took another look around the parking lot, and suddenly felt really bummed - I realised that for the first time I was rejected only because of my looks. In America! And then I thought, this is what many minorities talk about. And many have to deal with it everyday. It was the first time I was truly let down by society and understood that many white americans don't get it because they have never been rejected like that.

This was just one night, one hotel, and I was able to find another (dumpy) place. I couldn't imagine dealing with it when you go for a job, out to a restaurant, getting a cab, etc...

ismusa

Hey Sharpe, actually I get quite a lot of jobs so don't say this guy can't get a job because of people stereotyping him.  I do data entry, security and other work.

Sharpe

Mez

you can change how your brain functions because if you couldnt you'd be incapable of learning aswell as change... people conquer fears by confronting them before they conquer their fears they are crippled by them and afterwards what they were afraid of no longer affects them... A "phobia" is when the fear affects the function and its possible for people to conquer their phobias. In essence they have changed how their brain functions...  you arent physically putting in a new one you are just RE-programming the existing one. you cant reasonably refute my logic by saying that "changing" the way your brain functions is like changing hardware with software because the brain is the hardware and the way it functions (its programs if you like) are its software... it needs software to function and in any computer environment you can change the software.

I understand that sometimes its not as easy as "i dont care what others think of me" these programs are deeply rooted but given a thorough understand of the law of attraction, karma & reincarnation it very quickly becomes crystal clear that "its none of my bussiness what any one else thinks about me" and its suddenly very easy to keep your thoughts to yourself.

I dont expect you to really be able to grasp this concept as it requires a deep understanding of some extremely deep topics.

Sharpe

Quote from: Mez on August 31, 2007, 19:29:59
you can change how your brain functions because if you couldnt you'd be incapable of learning aswell as change... people conquer fears by confronting them before they conquer their fears they are crippled by them and afterwards what they were afraid of no longer affects them... A "phobia" is when the fear affects the function and its possible for people to conquer their phobias. In essence they have changed how their brain functions...  you arent physically putting in a new one you are just RE-programming the existing one. you cant reasonably refute my logic by saying that "changing" the way your brain functions is like changing hardware with software because the brain is the hardware and the way it functions (its programs if you like) are its software... it needs software to function and in any computer environment you can change the software.

I understand that sometimes its not as easy as "i dont care what others think of me" these programs are deeply rooted but given a thorough understand of the law of attraction, karma & reincarnation it very quickly becomes crystal clear that "its none of my bussiness what any one else thinks about me" and its suddenly very easy to keep your thoughts to yourself.

I dont expect you to really be able to grasp this concept as it requires a deep understanding of some extremely deep topics.

Omg, you just don't get it do you, I didn't say you COULDN'T change your brain period.
You can change the "software area's" those are: the hippocampus for logical thinking.
And amygdala for emotional memory.

But even those become hard to change after reaching a certain age because the map has allready formed and your personality has also. Unless you get a different status which would make some changes.
And also, the law of attraction, karma & reincarnation, aren't deep topics, they can't go deep, because if you go deep, they lose credibility.
That means, that you are the one that doesn't go deep enough to understand the things you believe in aren't reality.

Mez

why are you on this forum?... seriously? do you even believe in astral projection? anyway it doesnt matter to me I just find it odd that you'd come to a forum about metaphysics and not believe in any of it... dont bother replying